October 2, 2014 | 1829 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Babyliss - BaByliss Pro Titanium Expression Conical Wand 32 - 19mm

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2014 10:00:00 PM More reviews by koihimi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I must say I was not expecting much from this wand. I had already have my GHD iron which I purchase specifically to curl my hair.
My hair:
- straight, always straight, straight no matter what is done to it (even twice tried perm, never worked. at all. no kidding)
- heavy
- not thick. I'd say of average thickness.

What I was expecting from the wand:
- to curl my hair without need to pull it out from my scalp (as I always end up with ghd)
- to produce lasting curl
- to produce shiny curl
- to heat up fast
- to be actually convenint to use

What I found it does:
- all that mentioned above AND
- it can curl large sections of my hair (which no device was ever capable of before in my life)
- curls are bouncy. Never seen this before with my hair, I swear.

Now my thoughts and impressions.
I think I was right when suggested that without the need to pull your just curled still hot hair, the curl lasts longer and remains tighter. This is true: you wrap a strand of hair around the wand, wait for a couple of seconds take the wand out easily and wait till the curl cools a little. Done.

Now about design. I hate when you have one piece of hair accidentally captured somewhere between parts of your traditional curling wand / hair brush/ iron/ etc. It hurts a lot. This one does not do it. Overall design is ment to appear luxurios but buttons feel slightly on the cheaper side. I don't really mind till the wand does the job.

Perfomance, variability and time.
I first tried it on my greasy hair and I have very oily skin so you can imagine (forgive me for bringing this out but this is relevant). Normally because hair is oily curls would not last for more than a couple minutes. Even when my hair is clean and I do not spray a newly made curl with hairspray it would not last for more than 8-10 minutes. With this wand I was able to finish my testing throghout the whole head and curles made first where still there almost as they were just made. This was my first WOW.

My second WOW came out when I found that I can take thick strand of hair (an inch thick) and it would be worked just as good as thin strand would be. Never happened before.

As with any styling tool some practise and learining is always a good idea, that's what I found. I read a lot before I decided I want to have the wand. There are several variable parameters and playing with them one may vary end result. Working temperatture is adjustable as well. It is in increments of 5 degrees if I am not mistaken where the hottest is 210. This was one of the most important parts of the specs for me.
It takes less time to do the whole head of curles. I think I was able to achieve the look in almost twice shorter time than I would with an iron.

Titanium expression is the first clipless curling wand I tried and it feels so far that it will remain the only one for me. I am not able to compare it to other Babyliss conical wands or to other clipless wands but I have to say that I tried many curling wands with clips (not of hi end brands) and this one is the best so far.

I will continue using ghd for curling as it produces larger curl whereas conical wand is not capable of doing that (you can make a wave or a curl but you can't create a curl of large diameter).

I would recommend this tool to anybody who is looking for a way to style hair in short time with long lasting result and who's hair is hard to curl.

Overall: excellent quality, does the job, I love it, impressive.