MAC Eyebrows Crayon in Lingering

4.3

on 2/27/2015 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

All I can say is wow, I love this product! Was on the hunt for a new brow pencil and came across this. My brows are more of an ashy brown so it's hard to find one that matches, I was using a Lancôme pencil but it was way too dark and made my eyebrows look scary! This one is much more natural and extremely easy to use, I was having a hard time getting my brows to look good before but with this it's a piece of cake :) I usually start by doing small strokes under the brow about halfway in to fill in the outer brow and work my way in to fill in the outer edges. Would definitely recommend this product, Mac never disappoints!

This is the only eyebrow pencil keeping me from feeling like a freak, while my eyebrows are disappearing due to alopecia. Yes it's $30 so not cheap but really is fantastic. Goes on easily and stays all day. I put a tiny bit of transparent setting powder over it and I sweat a lot so it's truly a lifesaver. I use it every day and it lasts maybe a couple of months.

on 1/3/2015 7:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was skeptical about buying this at first as I have never had much luck with eyebrow pencils but this is my go-to holy grail brow pencil! I bought the colouring lingering when I had caramel/blonde hair and it worked with my eyebrows perfectly and then when I went back to medium brown I continued using the same colour and it still worked perfectly with my hair. It's a thin pencil shape that I find makes it extremely easy to use. The crayon is perfect as I do not need to sharpener it or worrying about it drying up in a pot, it rolls up and makes it easy to apply. I find that it is partly waterproof, as long as you don't rub your eyebrows when swimming or sweating the product will stay on until I wash it off. The pricing is pretty average ($30 AUD) however I will continue to buy this product as it easy to apply even for a beginner.

Pros:
- Matches many hair colours
- Waterproof
- Don't need to worry about sharpening
- Easy to use, even for a beginner

Cons:
- Not cheap for size

on 12/31/2014 5:39:00 PM

I am thoroughly disappointed with this product. I'm not sure if it's just the pencil itself or I got a "dud" so-to-speak but every time I went to retract more of the product it kept breaking. I'm pretty such it wasn't me that was the problem because I retracted the minimal amount to use and it still kept crumbling while I was applying it on my eyebrows. Overall, the pencil only lasted me two weeks. I've had my Rimmel brow pencil for months and that hasn't crapped out on me yet, so with that in mind I can't help but feel let down with this product. I was considering taking it back to my local MAC counter but then gave up. This has definitely given me something to regard if I ever decide to go back and purchase another brow product from MAC. I think the formula was just dry because the color was a perfect match for me and it applied with ease up until the second use. I wish this color was in the eye brow pencil instead of the eye brow retractable packaging because this would have been my go-to eye brow product if it had not crumbled on me every day.

on 12/10/2014 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

My new HG brow product! I'm missing a small patch of hair on the front of one of my brows as well as having almost nonexistent brow tails, so it's essential I have a product to fill them in that looks as natural as possible. As it's a MAC product it is a little expensive at £13.50, but worth it if it works for you. For reference, I'm NW20 with naturally light brown hair (currently dyed dark red) and Lingering is a perfect match for my natural colouring - it suits dark blonde/light brown hairs perfectly. It's so hard to find genuinely natural-looking shades that are less red and more ashy!

The product itself is extremely narrow so is perfect for drawing on individual hairs. The twist-up mechanism allows a tiny amount of product through, and as the thin 'inner stick' is so brittle, you have to be so careful not to accidentally chop or break it off! I gently fill in the front of my bare brow by drawing individual hairs in, then define the tails a little more. The finish is quite soft and the most natural looking brow pencil I've tried. I then finish with MAC Beguiled tinted brow gel on top to darken my light brow hairs a little and to tame any stray hairs.

This is a perfect, high quality brow pencil that is easy to travel with - ideal for anyone that prefers a very natural brow look. I've been using it for a couple of months and still havent finished it up, though I'm anticipating having to repurchase soon. A bonus is that as this is n plastic packaging, it is eligible for the Back 2 MAC programme. A must-have for anyone with similar colouring to mine who is on the hunt for their HG brow pencil!

on 9/22/2014 1:09:00 AM

I loved the colour and had many compliments on my brows with this product but unfortunately it only last me 2 weeks!!!! It kept breaking of really easy even without much pressure and then this morning went to do my eyebrows to find I was completely out of the produce 2 weeks in, that's just not long enough for me I'm not pay $60 a month on eyebrow makeup that's cray cray talk!!

on 5/26/2014 2:11:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

Hands down! This is the best eyebrow product of all! It does not leave your eyebrows sticky and fake. It fills them beautifully with a nice medium brown... The texture of this pencil is just right, not very stick or very soft. Very good pigmentation, I have very dark black eyebrows and the colour lighten my eyebrows so nicely and I think It would also go well with lighter eyebrows as well.
My only complaint is the price. If you have an eyebrow routine like me for everyday, this product will only last you like 3 months and to be honest it is a bit pricey for 0.9 gram product. Wish there was a good dupe for this product but unfortunately not...

on 5/6/2014 11:19:00 PM

This eyebrow pencil has its pros and cons...

Pros: I love how smoothly it goes on. I also like how I don't have to go over my eyebrows a million times to get the effect I want. Love the color...It goes good with my highlights and lowlights (My hair is more blonde than brown, but it works.).

Cons: My mom bought hers, opened it up, and the entire crayon part thing fell out. Be careful of this. It's a little expensive for an eyebrow pencil that didn't last me TOO long.

However, I have tried many in the past couple weeks to make up for the one I bought originally that ran out. NOTHING has compared. Gonna go buy another!

on 4/2/2014 10:43:00 AM

I really only bought this because although I have an eyebrow pencil I like I'm always searching for something better! Also, two of the four MUA's I follow on You Tube had this listed as one of their favorite pencils of all time. I'm compairing this to the Chantecaille eyebrow pencil which is the pencil I have and like. Lingering's color is close to my natural brow color although Chantecaille has a little more taupe (grey) which sounds ugly and is but matches my natural color amazingly. Lingering's texture was softer than Chantecaille's. Chantecaille's texture helps me create a lighter, more realistic brow hair. Don't get me wrong, I'm not ripping out my eyebrow hairs and the skin around my eyebrows isn't inflamed when I'm done but the color doesn't leave the pencil so easy. This helps me when I'm blending out any harsh lines I may have produced. Chantecaille's texture also helps when I put my powder over it. It adheres but since it's not so soft it doesn't grab as much and keeps the powder looking powdery and not so Groucho Marx looking. Chantecaille's pencil is a little more but you get much more product. It's a pencil form which I like because you know when you need to replace it. I thought about just keeping the Lingering pencil but then thought about the cost and the fact that I would never reach for it and for the price I can practically get two pro pan e/s's...lol

on 3/20/2014 10:33:00 PM

Looking for a quality brow pencil and did a lot of research before trying this one at Nordstrom and buying it. Cannot believe that every time I use it, a big piece of it falls off! Every time! IT works only if I use it so gently that barely any color comes off. Hard to understand why this wasn't written before. Maybe mine is just a bad version or something.

Popular Brows Products