April 24, 2014 | 1875 users online

Brows - MAC - Eyebrows Crayon in Lingering

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2014 10:43:00 AM More reviews by TexasTracy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really only bought this because although I have an eyebrow pencil I like I'm always searching for something better! Also, two of the four MUA's I follow on You Tube had this listed as one of their favorite pencils of all time. I'm compairing this to the Chantecaille eyebrow pencil which is the pencil I have and like. Lingering's color is close to my natural brow color although Chantecaille has a little more taupe (grey) which sounds ugly and is but matches my natural color amazingly. Lingering's texture was softer than Chantecaille's. Chantecaille's texture helps me create a lighter, more realistic brow hair. Don't get me wrong, I'm not ripping out my eyebrow hairs and the skin around my eyebrows isn't inflamed when I'm done but the color doesn't leave the pencil so easy. This helps me when I'm blending out any harsh lines I may have produced. Chantecaille's texture also helps when I put my powder over it. It adheres but since it's not so soft it doesn't grab as much and keeps the powder looking powdery and not so Groucho Marx looking. Chantecaille's pencil is a little more but you get much more product. It's a pencil form which I like because you know when you need to replace it. I thought about just keeping the Lingering pencil but then thought about the cost and the fact that I would never reach for it and for the price I can practically get two pro pan e/s's...lol

rated 1 of 5 on 3/20/2014 10:33:00 PM More reviews by alise1968

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Looking for a quality brow pencil and did a lot of research before trying this one at Nordstrom and buying it. Cannot believe that every time I use it, a big piece of it falls off! Every time! IT works only if I use it so gently that barely any color comes off. Hard to understand why this wasn't written before. Maybe mine is just a bad version or something.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2013 10:32:00 PM More reviews by lilanaomi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Brilliant eyebrow pencil, great colour and blends in easily. Can be used as both a brown and a dark brown it depends on how much you use and it is a safe colour. Only a few problems really, first of all make sure you full your eyebrows in with this BEFORE you put on foundation because it really does not take well on foundation and goes a very ugly greg colour, also it runs out very fast. Overall it is brilliant to not only full in our eyebrows but anyone who likes to shape them, looking at the crayon it doesn't look like you are able to use much definition but it can fill in and also be very very defined at the right angle.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2013 12:15:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I have dark brown hair. Most brow pencils look fake on me and pretty obvious. This pencil isn't an exception to that.

I'm not sure if I was mismatched or what not but I don't really care for this. It's an okay product that lasts all day though. I can see someone else liking this so I left my overall rating at a 3. Personally I just couldn't like this due to color and texture.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2013 10:35:00 PM More reviews by chitran278

Color is natural, but for the price and the amount of product, I think it's a bit on the pricey side (or maybe that's just the broke college student side of me talking). My only problem is this: You already don't get much product, but on top of that, every time I take it out to use it, the darn crayon part breaks off! I know it's not me, bc I am very light handed when it comes to filling in my brows (I'm trying to stay away from sporting two furry caterpillars on top of my eyes), so it can't be because I'm pressing too hard. Even the slightest touch sends the piece flying off. Very disappointed :(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2013 4:13:00 PM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

I'm a little on the fence about this product. I've been using it a few months now and I find I reach for it less and less. The colours applies very nicely, with even the lightest touch you can fill in your brows easily but it seems a bit too unnatural and reddish on me. I normally use maybelline define a brow in light blonde even though my brows are dark because they are so sparse a darker pencil looks too harsh on me. I just think this looks very noticeable on, maybe it's my application I am not sure. Might try the darker Spiked next time and see how that goes or just stick with maybelline which seems to look more natural on me even though it's more waxy and difficult to work with. Would not repurchase this shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2013 12:45:00 AM More reviews by Justsnowboardine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So glad I finally "invested" in a higher quality eyebrow pencil. This color is spot on and doesn't look fake. I have pretty thick brows but I like to define them and fill in a couple spots that are "sparse". This pencil is easy to apply and looks very natural. The only thing I don't like is you cannot tell how much product is left in the pencil. Otherwise, it is excellent.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2013 7:20:00 AM More reviews by littlemj

NC25 Chinese, more black than brown hair as slightly lightened by AZ sun.

Lingering is too much unnatural brown for crayon-ing in my sparse backend brow. My NC30 sister with brown-black hair (works in the AZ sun almost every day) immediately stole it away.

Stud is the blackish version but the MAC SA preferred my Shu Seal Brown pencil instead. Nice honesty.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2013 8:30:00 AM More reviews by genie_11

Got it today....I actually went to get Spiked, after reading all the reviews, but this color suits me better !
I have light brown hair and this color is a natural good match !. Applies great! Doesnt smudge!
Now the only thing left is getting the right shape for my face...still studyig blogs and youtube !

EDIT : 10.12.2013 : finished it today??? really? not even a month!!!!!! VERY disapointed!
I still think is the best I tried so far, but to run out in 4 weeks ..has to be a joke.

Not going to buy it again
Took some lippies off...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2013 11:00:00 AM More reviews by theredsky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Grey

I find that many brown eyebrow pencils are too warm or red in tone, making them look fake against the skin. Not this. It's a neutral (or perhaps slightly cool) light-ish brown that looks really, really natural. It's a perfect match for light to medium brown hair. I also wore it when my hair was red and blonde.

I love Mac Eyebrows. The consistency is great, doesn't smudge, and you don't ever have to sharpen them. They're my HG eyebrow make-up and I repurchase again and again.

The only downside is you can't see how much you have left. I once ran out while on holiday, so I now always take a new one with me when I go away.