December 18, 2014 | 1623 users online

Brows - MAC - Eyebrows Crayon in Lingering

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2014 11:51:00 AM More reviews by Superbeckyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

My new HG brow product! I'm missing a small patch of hair on the front of one of my brows as well as having almost nonexistent brow tails, so it's essential I have a product to fill them in that looks as natural as possible. As it's a MAC product it is a little expensive at 13.50, but worth it if it works for you. For reference, I'm NW20 with naturally light brown hair (currently dyed dark red) and Lingering is a perfect match for my natural colouring - it suits dark blonde/light brown hairs perfectly. It's so hard to find genuinely natural-looking shades that are less red and more ashy!

The product itself is extremely narrow so is perfect for drawing on individual hairs. The twist-up mechanism allows a tiny amount of product through, and as the thin 'inner stick' is so brittle, you have to be so careful not to accidentally chop or break it off! I gently fill in the front of my bare brow by drawing individual hairs in, then define the tails a little more. The finish is quite soft and the most natural looking brow pencil I've tried. I then finish with MAC Beguiled tinted brow gel on top to darken my light brow hairs a little and to tame any stray hairs.

This is a perfect, high quality brow pencil that is easy to travel with - ideal for anyone that prefers a very natural brow look. I've been using it for a couple of months and still havent finished it up, though I'm anticipating having to repurchase soon. A bonus is that as this is n plastic packaging, it is eligible for the Back 2 MAC programme. A must-have for anyone with similar colouring to mine who is on the hunt for their HG brow pencil!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/22/2014 1:09:00 AM More reviews by Zoeystar86

I loved the colour and had many compliments on my brows with this product but unfortunately it only last me 2 weeks!!!! It kept breaking of really easy even without much pressure and then this morning went to do my eyebrows to find I was completely out of the produce 2 weeks in, that's just not long enough for me I'm not pay $60 a month on eyebrow makeup that's cray cray talk!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2014 2:11:00 PM More reviews by purplelili

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hands down! This is the best eyebrow product of all! It does not leave your eyebrows sticky and fake. It fills them beautifully with a nice medium brown... The texture of this pencil is just right, not very stick or very soft. Very good pigmentation, I have very dark black eyebrows and the colour lighten my eyebrows so nicely and I think It would also go well with lighter eyebrows as well.
My only complaint is the price. If you have an eyebrow routine like me for everyday, this product will only last you like 3 months and to be honest it is a bit pricey for 0.9 gram product. Wish there was a good dupe for this product but unfortunately not...

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2014 11:19:00 PM More reviews by kblimm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This eyebrow pencil has its pros and cons...

Pros: I love how smoothly it goes on. I also like how I don't have to go over my eyebrows a million times to get the effect I want. Love the color...It goes good with my highlights and lowlights (My hair is more blonde than brown, but it works.).

Cons: My mom bought hers, opened it up, and the entire crayon part thing fell out. Be careful of this. It's a little expensive for an eyebrow pencil that didn't last me TOO long.

However, I have tried many in the past couple weeks to make up for the one I bought originally that ran out. NOTHING has compared. Gonna go buy another!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2014 10:43:00 AM More reviews by TexasTracy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really only bought this because although I have an eyebrow pencil I like I'm always searching for something better! Also, two of the four MUA's I follow on You Tube had this listed as one of their favorite pencils of all time. I'm compairing this to the Chantecaille eyebrow pencil which is the pencil I have and like. Lingering's color is close to my natural brow color although Chantecaille has a little more taupe (grey) which sounds ugly and is but matches my natural color amazingly. Lingering's texture was softer than Chantecaille's. Chantecaille's texture helps me create a lighter, more realistic brow hair. Don't get me wrong, I'm not ripping out my eyebrow hairs and the skin around my eyebrows isn't inflamed when I'm done but the color doesn't leave the pencil so easy. This helps me when I'm blending out any harsh lines I may have produced. Chantecaille's texture also helps when I put my powder over it. It adheres but since it's not so soft it doesn't grab as much and keeps the powder looking powdery and not so Groucho Marx looking. Chantecaille's pencil is a little more but you get much more product. It's a pencil form which I like because you know when you need to replace it. I thought about just keeping the Lingering pencil but then thought about the cost and the fact that I would never reach for it and for the price I can practically get two pro pan e/s's...lol

rated 1 of 5 on 3/20/2014 10:33:00 PM More reviews by alise1968

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Looking for a quality brow pencil and did a lot of research before trying this one at Nordstrom and buying it. Cannot believe that every time I use it, a big piece of it falls off! Every time! IT works only if I use it so gently that barely any color comes off. Hard to understand why this wasn't written before. Maybe mine is just a bad version or something.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2013 10:32:00 PM More reviews by lilanaomi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Brilliant eyebrow pencil, great colour and blends in easily. Can be used as both a brown and a dark brown it depends on how much you use and it is a safe colour. Only a few problems really, first of all make sure you full your eyebrows in with this BEFORE you put on foundation because it really does not take well on foundation and goes a very ugly greg colour, also it runs out very fast. Overall it is brilliant to not only full in our eyebrows but anyone who likes to shape them, looking at the crayon it doesn't look like you are able to use much definition but it can fill in and also be very very defined at the right angle.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2013 12:15:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I have dark brown hair. Most brow pencils look fake on me and pretty obvious. This pencil isn't an exception to that.

I'm not sure if I was mismatched or what not but I don't really care for this. It's an okay product that lasts all day though. I can see someone else liking this so I left my overall rating at a 3. Personally I just couldn't like this due to color and texture.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2013 10:35:00 PM More reviews by chitran278

Color is natural, but for the price and the amount of product, I think it's a bit on the pricey side (or maybe that's just the broke college student side of me talking). My only problem is this: You already don't get much product, but on top of that, every time I take it out to use it, the darn crayon part breaks off! I know it's not me, bc I am very light handed when it comes to filling in my brows (I'm trying to stay away from sporting two furry caterpillars on top of my eyes), so it can't be because I'm pressing too hard. Even the slightest touch sends the piece flying off. Very disappointed :(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2013 4:13:00 PM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

I'm a little on the fence about this product. I've been using it a few months now and I find I reach for it less and less. The colours applies very nicely, with even the lightest touch you can fill in your brows easily but it seems a bit too unnatural and reddish on me. I normally use maybelline define a brow in light blonde even though my brows are dark because they are so sparse a darker pencil looks too harsh on me. I just think this looks very noticeable on, maybe it's my application I am not sure. Might try the darker Spiked next time and see how that goes or just stick with maybelline which seems to look more natural on me even though it's more waxy and difficult to work with. Would not repurchase this shade.