October 24, 2014 | 1395 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Kate Somerville - Eczema Therapy Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2014 9:01:00 PM More reviews by amyhuskiewicz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Have only been using x 1 week but this is soothing, not stinging on irritated areas, helps with the redness/flakes and appears to help skin heal. It is not thick and greasy like barrier cream, it seems to sink in and absorb but keeps skin softer and less angry with the world. Of course, it is summer. Lets see how it works on the winter itchies!
I have used it on my face and it helps me tolerate a mild retinol when smoothed on afterwards. No breakouts. No fragrance problems. Again, it isn't winter yet so I will have to update this. If you have sensitive facial skin, even if you have no eczema, I think this is worth a try - and as a face-only cream this would be a bargain.
I like squeeze tubes and this one actually holds a few ounces of product. It is pricey, even if you get about 4 ounces. I use it to spot-treat, but perhaps in the winter I will mix it into another, richer cream or lotion to extend the areas of use without breaking the bank. The ingredients seem to work for me so far. Fingers crossed on it being a year-round lifesaver! Now if only they had a sale...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2014 2:41:00 PM More reviews by citylady

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have been suffering with eczema on & off for almost 20 years. I have used Protopic (a prescription) but that can affect your immune system. Also, whenever I applied it to skin that was red & itchy - my skin became worse. I have also used Atopiclair (another rx) which is benign but very expensive for what you actually get. When my skin is really itchy, nothing helps except an rx steroid lotion.
Kate Somerville's Cream is loaded with beneficial ingredients. I have applied it to spots that were red and they improved by the next morning. It's not a miracle cream but it seems to work better than the rx ones I'ved used. If I use this consistently, I can avoid having to use a cortisone cream. Will definitely repurchase.