October 22, 2014 | 1212 users online

rated 5.0(1 review)

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2014 5:45:00 PM More reviews by Violetlara33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've used this very soft cream for ages now and it's one of the best multi-purpose products I've ever used. It's marketed simply as a moisturising skin cream, but if you look at the ingredients list, it's basically the same as Kingsley House's Aqueous Cream, with the addition of a bit of olive oil. I use this as a body wash (a good dollop on a sponge or washcloth will lather slightly with water and rinses clean away), a facial cleanser and also a body moisturising cream. It's mild enough to be used as a light facial moisturiser too, but I find my face needs just that bit more, so I use Astral cream for that. My super-sensitive skin likes this very much because it is so mild - soap and even milder types of shower gels and washes can cause me major itching problems after a while! As a body cream it's great too because it absorbs very quickly leaving no greasy film on the skin.

When I use it as a facial cleanser I use a mini sponge to remove it - I use one of those sponge scourer things you buy for washing up, with the scourer bit pulled off, which leaves you with a nice little soft rectangular sponge, perfect for the face (the things you do when you're on a budget LOL!) I rub a small amount of the cream all over my face (a little seems to go a long way) so that the make-up etc all starts to move around. I do my eyes last so that the dissolved eye make-up doesn't end up all over my forehead and cheeks, and then wipe the thick of my mascara, eyeliner etc off with a tissue so it doesn't make a mess of my sponge (I've found eyeliner etc is difficult to remove from a facial sponge and stains quite a bit). Then I use the wet sponge to remove all the rest of the cream and keep rinsing the sponge and gently wiping my face with it a few times til all the make-up has gone - it does a nice thorough job and doesn't leave my skin all tight like some other cleansers do. I think it's a wonderful cream for 99p for a 500ml tub from UK shops like Savers (though I've seen it in other places too.) I go through quite a few tubs of this since I use it so much and generally buy 2 or 3 at a time - I have one in the shower and one on the side of the sink all the time. The same brand have an Argan oil cream too which is the same aqueous cream-based formula - IIRC they also have a vitamin E cream and a cocoa butter one, but I'm not sure about the formula of those or wether they'd be suitable for washing with. I really hope they never stop making this!