October 20, 2014 | 1549 users online

Brows - Anastasia Of Beverly Hills - Perfect Brow Pencil - Dark Brown

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2014 3:12:00 AM More reviews by mousquerader

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been a fan of Anastasia brow products for years, ever since I tried her brow kit/book that comes with two powders, a wax, and a highlighter. I also love the Brow Wiz in Dark Brown, and I honestly thought that was the most amazing product ever until I tried the Perfect Brow Pencil. I always thought brow pencils = sharpie eyebrows. I know the Brow Wiz is basically an automatic pencil product, but it seemed different somehow, so I decided to give the Perfect Brow Pencil a shot because I felt like you get a lot less product with the Brow Wiz, since it is basically a skinny stick of product vs a fatter pencil. They're the same price, and the pencil will theoretically last a lot longer, so there's the edge Perfect Brow Pencil has over Brow Wiz.

I feel that the Perfect Brow Pencil (I also got Dark Brown in this product) actually performs better than the Brow Wiz as a product. Even when I press really hard, I don't get a harsh, stark, sharpie-like line (unlike the Brow Wiz, which delivers a much harsher line because it seems to have a more creamy formulation). It really allows me to really get the feather-like hair strokes and have fool-proof, shapely, defined natural looking brows. I like that the product is firm, so you won't end up breaking it or mushing too much product on your brows (like cheap drugstore ones). The product also seems to be somewhat waxier than the Brow Wiz, helping to keep eyebrow hairs (something the Brow Wiz never did for me) in place while simultaneously filling in the brows, so you don't need to waste time with an extra step of using brow wax or a clear brow gel! I love the big spoolie on the end, too (the Brow Wiz has a spoolie on its end, too). The only con is that I have to sharpen it because it's not automatic like the Brow Wiz, but no big deal I guess I can't have everything!

The color selection is great. I have dark brown hair with reddish tones, and I got the Dark Brown shade because that has a red undertone to it, and it is perfect. If you have dark brown hair with more ashy or cool undertones, you'll want the Ebony. If you have black hair, Granite is really natural looking and not too dark.

I absolutely love this product. This has become an instant staple. Honestly, you can't really go wrong with any of the Anastasia products. They have different formulas/deliveries and a great color range to suit anyone.