The Body Shop All-In-One™ Instablur 5-Action Perfector

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Isododecane (Solvent), Dimethicone (Skin Conditioning Agent), Vinyldimethyl/Trimethylsiloxysilicate Stearyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer (Absorbent/Bulking Agent), Silica (Absorbent), Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer (Viscosity Increasing Agent), Isononyl Isononanoate (Emollient/Skin Conditioner), Polymethyl Methacrylate (Emollient), Sclerocarya Birrea Seed Oil (Skin Conditioning Agent - Emollient), Ethylene Brassylate (Masking Agent), Tocopheryl Acetate (Antioxidant), Laureth-4 (Emulsifier/Surfactant).

on 9/15/2015 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I've just started using this product, and so far so good. This primer mattifies my face, but still gives a healthy glow. I personally don't use this product on its own, I use it under my CC cream instead. The blurring effect is apparent both in real life and in pictures; pores are much less visible. The product however is a bit hard to spread, so do remember to blend it out really well before applying any makeup. The price is very reasonable for a decent primer like this, I bought it with 30% discount, so 10,50 euro only.

on 8/13/2015 9:50:00 AM

Having used this product as both a primer under make up and as a 'corrector' on its own, my feelings are mixed. For reference, my skin is dry/combination. I have an oily t-zone and I'm prone to blemishes.

Under make up I like it - it gives a soft focus to my foundation and makes my pores less visible. It doesn't mattify me all day (that would be miraculous!) but I do find my make up lasts longer before needing to be retouched / powdered, in comparison to other primers I've tried (inc. Smashbox, Porefessional, No.7 Beautifully Matte.)

On its own as a corrector, it doesn't really do much for me. My skin did look a little smoother, but my pores are still just as visible. For this purpose it was no where near as good as Benefit's Porefessional.

A lot of people seem to have an issue with the texture of this stuff - I'd describe it as a kind of whipped gel, which I didn't mind. It smooths on easily and leaves the skin feeling silky.

So far it hasn't broken me out (unlike the Smashbox one which my skin hated immediately) and it's quite reasonably priced in comparison to some of the HE primers, so I'd probably repurchase solely for use under make up.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I loved this when I put it on, weird dry-gel texture aside. It lasted all day. BUT, and it's a big but, I can't seem to fully remove it. I started with a cleansing oil, a scrub, then micellar water, but i can still sort of feel a film over my face. Weird. Too bad because it looked amazing while on my face.

on 7/21/2015 2:32:00 PM

Hands down the best primer i've ever used. Bought it as I was fed up with my make up turning oily after a couple of hours. Have worn this primer under my foundation / power for 2 days now and have had virtually no shine breakthrough after an 8 hr day in work and commute. Also has the added bonus of giving your make-up a soft focus, almost airbrushed look. Such a good find, and great value considering I saved 40% on buying this with a voucher vode! Will definitely repurchase.

on 5/16/2015 8:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I haven't tried the porefressional or any other blurring/filler primers before this. The texture of this product is very siliconey and is clear in colour. It kind of reminds me of glue... If glue was less sticky of course! It glides straight onto the face and feels very smooth and slippery like silicone does. I wouldn't use this to cover your whole face. I feel like that would be excessive and would take too much product. As for performance - I found that this did blur my pores on the skin surrounding my nose. They weren't disguised but they did look much better. I do wish I had better skin texture and had a better pore situation but I do know it could be a lot worse, The main reason I bought this was because reviews stated that it had a mattifying effect. I apply it on my T-zone and unfortunately it didn't really delay or reduce the oiliness on my nose, even with the help of powder. Also, may just be me as I have a feeling my skin doesn't love silicone but after using it for a few days in succession I noticed some small pimples. They weren't angry painful zits but still. I find that this no longer offers me anything as I have found a sunscreen that blurs my pores too when used under foundation and I prefer the overall product. So no repurchase for me. This is a decent enough product that doesn't feel heavy and will make your pores look nicer under makeup. Another pro is that this is cheaper than a lot of the other Body Shop's makeup offerings.

on 2/27/2015 3:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I LOVE this product. It's absolutely amazing. When I was trying it out in the shop the girl put some on my knuckles where it's quite wrinkly, and to my utter amazement my knuckles looked super smooth and actually a little 'blurred' out. Like real-life photoshop. Yes the texture is weird, kinda solid and dry, but seriously? You're going to complain about how it comes out of the tube when you have to rub it in anyway? It finishes matte and almost powdery feeling, no greasiness at all for me, and I'm usually super oily.

Today I wore it under my normal makeup (Maybelline Age Rewind with beauty blender sponge, so I dab on the foundation, not rub, then with Shiseido Pressed Powder to finish) and I have had no less than FOUR people compliment me on my beautiful skin! I have very large pores and super oily skin and I've always hated it, but when I use The Body Shop's Tea Tree Pore Minimiser, Seaweed Mattifying Cream and the Instablur, all my problems seem to be GONE. I have pretty deep eye wrinkles from my misspent insomniac teen years, and concealer always seems to cake in and make it worse, and no amount of the other primers I've used before could prevent it from happening. With the Instablur? I won't say they're gone, but they are above and beyond the closest thing to making my under-eye area smooth again.

My face now looks super smooth, super even and flawless. I have never been happier.

on 2/1/2015 12:43:00 AM

I really really like this and I've been using this for a month now.

when I don't apply this product, my pores will show through within a couple of hours of applying my makeup and my eyelids will get super oily. After I use this, though, my pores stay hidden THROUGHOUT the day and my eyelid oils decreased SIGNIFICANTLY.

will repurchase this over and over.

I was very dissappointed in this product. I was in dire need of a primer that could control my oily T-zone. Well, it didn't make much of a difference. First of all I hate the texture. It's like little greasy grains that fall right off your finger after coming out of the tube. It smooths out pretty well but I feel like I need a whole lot of it to cover my face. Also, once I apply my foundation, it balls up like crazy. What's up with this stuff?! Might be good if you're not wearing any makeup on top but then again what's the point of a primer when you're not going to wear any makeup? I would not recommend. Needless to say, I won't repurchase.

on 12/31/2014 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

To me, this primer is just ok. When it comes out of the tube, the product feels like its dried out but once you apply it, it's fine. It seems like I do have to use quite a bit of product to cover my whole face, though, and it feels a little greasy. As for oil control, I didn't notice it helping any, at least not nearly as much as compared to my smashbox primer. It does help a little with blurring my pores, but nothing crazy, in my opinion. I just wasn't very impressed considering all the rave reviews I've read.

on 12/30/2014 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I use this as a primer and it works for me. I apply it before I apply my foundation and it leaves a sheer, white matte finish to my skin. It does not perfect my skin but it does prevent my foundation from oxidising and looking oily. I found that it also makes my foundation last longer during the day. The price is quite affordable and its working for my acne prone skin.

Video Reviews & Tutorials