The Body Shop All-In-One™ Instablur 5-Action Perfector

4.2

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Isododecane (Solvent), Dimethicone (Skin Conditioning Agent), Vinyldimethyl/Trimethylsiloxysilicate Stearyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer (Absorbent/Bulking Agent), Silica (Absorbent), Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer (Viscosity Increasing Agent), Isononyl Isononanoate (Emollient/Skin Conditioner), Polymethyl Methacrylate (Emollient), Sclerocarya Birrea Seed Oil (Skin Conditioning Agent - Emollient), Ethylene Brassylate (Masking Agent), Tocopheryl Acetate (Antioxidant), Laureth-4 (Emulsifier/Surfactant).

on 2/27/2015 3:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this product. It's absolutely amazing. When I was trying it out in the shop the girl put some on my knuckles where it's quite wrinkly, and to my utter amazement my knuckles looked super smooth and actually a little 'blurred' out. Like real-life photoshop. Yes the texture is weird, kinda solid and dry, but seriously? You're going to complain about how it comes out of the tube when you have to rub it in anyway? It finishes matte and almost powdery feeling, no greasiness at all for me, and I'm usually super oily.

Today I wore it under my normal makeup (Maybelline Age Rewind with beauty blender sponge, so I dab on the foundation, not rub, then with Shiseido Pressed Powder to finish) and I have had no less than FOUR people compliment me on my beautiful skin! I have very large pores and super oily skin and I've always hated it, but when I use The Body Shop's Tea Tree Pore Minimiser, Seaweed Mattifying Cream and the Instablur, all my problems seem to be GONE. I have pretty deep eye wrinkles from my misspent insomniac teen years, and concealer always seems to cake in and make it worse, and no amount of the other primers I've used before could prevent it from happening. With the Instablur? I won't say they're gone, but they are above and beyond the closest thing to making my under-eye area smooth again.

My face now looks super smooth, super even and flawless. I have never been happier.

on 2/1/2015 12:43:00 AM

I really really like this and I've been using this for a month now.

when I don't apply this product, my pores will show through within a couple of hours of applying my makeup and my eyelids will get super oily. After I use this, though, my pores stay hidden THROUGHOUT the day and my eyelid oils decreased SIGNIFICANTLY.

will repurchase this over and over.

I was very dissappointed in this product. I was in dire need of a primer that could control my oily T-zone. Well, it didn't make much of a difference. First of all I hate the texture. It's like little greasy grains that fall right off your finger after coming out of the tube. It smooths out pretty well but I feel like I need a whole lot of it to cover my face. Also, once I apply my foundation, it balls up like crazy. What's up with this stuff?! Might be good if you're not wearing any makeup on top but then again what's the point of a primer when you're not going to wear any makeup? I would not recommend. Needless to say, I won't repurchase.

on 12/31/2014 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

To me, this primer is just ok. When it comes out of the tube, the product feels like its dried out but once you apply it, it's fine. It seems like I do have to use quite a bit of product to cover my whole face, though, and it feels a little greasy. As for oil control, I didn't notice it helping any, at least not nearly as much as compared to my smashbox primer. It does help a little with blurring my pores, but nothing crazy, in my opinion. I just wasn't very impressed considering all the rave reviews I've read.

on 12/30/2014 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I use this as a primer and it works for me. I apply it before I apply my foundation and it leaves a sheer, white matte finish to my skin. It does not perfect my skin but it does prevent my foundation from oxidising and looking oily. I found that it also makes my foundation last longer during the day. The price is quite affordable and its working for my acne prone skin.

on 11/13/2014 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I really wanted to love this product, trust me I did! I have bought the POREfessional by benefit previously and loved it so much but hated the price, so I decided to find a dupe that I could wear day to day and save my benefit for special occasions. All in all, the texture is horrible and looks like tiny little whitish gel globules that will fall off your hand when squeezed out of the tube. Once applied it's ok, though it makes me feel greasy and oily, but smooths out nicely, covers the face and doesn't feel so bad once settled. Once my foundation is applied (LOREAL true match) it does its job, though I don't have big pores to begin with. I find its INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT to apply a finishing powder over this primer, otherwise you will go patchy and oily and foundation will just disappear from sections of your face. To be honest I do like this product, it's ok once applied and foundation is buffed in, but always be careful to apply a finishing powder; I find MAC pressed powder works for me. I'm not sure if i'd repurchase, I definitely think theres better dupes out there of the POREfessional, and it definitely holds no comparison to it. By the way I paid $22 for it in Australia

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hi Astrid here. I'm in my late teens and fairly new to anything makeup (haha yeah, I know I'm a late bloomer). Anyways as you may have guessed, this is my first pore eraser/ makeup primer product ever and I don't really have anything to compare it to but man is this product great. It does everything it says it does: it blurs imperfections, lessens oiliness, and all that.

Before, I had to apply pressed powder to do all that and since I go to school, I always worry about applying too much powder and looking like a cake-faced clown. However with this product I don't have to worry anymore because I usually wear this product alone (yes that's right, no concealer, no powder, no bb cream, no anything) and I like the natural, flawless, matte look it gives me way more than any look face powder could ever give me.

Plus, this feels really light on my skin so it doesn't make me feel uncomfortable and is really a no-brainer to apply which I really, really like because I don't have to spend hours upon hours learning how to apply this on my face correctly without looking like a complete idiot.

The only downside of this product is it's price, which I can't really complain about because for a 25mL tube that costs Php1,195 (or approx. $27) this product really gives you a bang for your buck.

In conclusion, this is one of the best pore erasers in the market, one that does what it claims and is definitely worth the buy.

on 9/14/2014 8:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was skeptical in the beginning because for a small tube of primer it was quite costly. But then again it's Body Shop, prices are expected to be quite up there. Anyway, on to the product. Before using this primer, when I applied foundation I realised my pores were enhanced instead of hidden and I hated how it made my foundation looked on me. I tried the maybelline pore eraser and was hopeful but it didn't really work. So I tried this product by body shop and my oh my I am impressed amazed wowed by this. I totally love the finish it has on my skin. It does what it is supposed to do. Blur out blemishes shine control and blurs your pores for sure. (Although results are more clear with foundation/BB cream) I am very happy with this product and although it's quite pricey I will definitely buy it again. So happy I'm recommending to everyone who has always had problems with hiding pores! Cheers to all may you have a good experience like i did. :)

I loOove this primer. Works like magic all day. My face stays matte and looks flawless with the BB cream. MY new favorite product.

on 8/22/2014 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love, love, love! this primer. It's the only product I've found that actually mattifies as much as it promises to. It gives a lovely powdery finish, which provides a smooth oil-free base for my liquid foundation/BB cream. It also gives serious lasting power to my foundation/BB cream whilst giving a flawless but natural and light finish. It's a little pricey, but to be honest i really do think it's worth it- it delivers exactly as promised, and a little goes a long way. I can't recommend this gem enough for those who struggle with oiliness and shine.

Popular Primer/ Correctors