The Body Shop All-In-One™ Instablur 5-Action Perfector

4.2

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Isododecane (Solvent), Dimethicone (Skin Conditioning Agent), Vinyldimethyl/Trimethylsiloxysilicate Stearyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer (Absorbent/Bulking Agent), Silica (Absorbent), Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer (Viscosity Increasing Agent), Isononyl Isononanoate (Emollient/Skin Conditioner), Polymethyl Methacrylate (Emollient), Sclerocarya Birrea Seed Oil (Skin Conditioning Agent - Emollient), Ethylene Brassylate (Masking Agent), Tocopheryl Acetate (Antioxidant), Laureth-4 (Emulsifier/Surfactant).

I dislike the packaging on this because it's gets very hard to squeeze out, and sometimes it comes out a bit blotchy.

Other than that, this product is ...amazeballs. When I use it under my makeup I feel like it provides with a really clean strong base and everything is smoother.

BUT I recently strated mixing this in with my foundation/tinted moisturizer... and oh my god...it has changed my life. I urge you all to get on it seriously, it gives my makeup such a nice finish and it looks very natural plus it stays on for a long time.

I was surprised at the staying power of this product, last for sooooo long. Always in my drawer, no matter what.

My all time favourite primer! I don't use alot of this but when i do i like to use it on my oily t-zone, around my nose, where my smile lines would be, to blur any pores (which it does) and on my eyelids. This stuff is amazing, my makeup stays intact all day and after applying this my skin feels so matte and smooth & an added bonus, the scent is amazing! I recently started using this on my eyelids and it kept my liquid eyeliner on allllllll day, no smudges & my makeup alone with my eyeliner stayed intact throughout intense makeout sessions! For the price it's worth it but the tube is quite small and thin so i quickly run out therefore i've started using less to savour the product. The texture is quite thick and different to other primers but i guess that's what blurs out the pores on the skin so it's quick to get over.

Pros:
- makeout proof
- keeps oily skin matte & smooth
- really good for priming the eyes for eyeliner
- blurs out pores
- nice subtle scent
- always feel so good after applying it
- body shop doesn't test on animals!

Cons:
- small tube
- thick? texture

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

i bought it on a 30% sale and still thinks that it was very expernsive.
but it made my makeup last all day
i walked around the city abroad all day
and put my makeup early morning and my makeup hasnt crease at all when i clean it at night
keeps me from getting oily and i used it with the body shop all in one bb cream and both are looking perfectly great with each other also set my makeup with bodyshop powder because i have oily skin and boom!my makeup lasted all day!

HOLY GRAIL LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!! I have very severe combination skin and this is the only product ather keeps it matte all day <3 been using it for 2 years and I adore it

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Still on the hunt for my HG mattifying primer, I stumbled upon this and got a free sample. I hadn't read or heard much about it, but I was quite impressed.

The texture is a bit strange....sort of like a putty material that is thick and you really have to work hard to blend it into your face so it doesn't go flaky and strange. This sounds bad but it does leave a smooth finish and a very matte base for the rest of your makeup. You only need a tiny amount which will make it last and make the hefty price a bit less terrible.

It kept my foundation on well....I still got oily but nothing compared to other primers. This is also very nice on the skin compared to Smashbox and Makeup Forever which broke my skin out like crazy.

I wouldn't say it hides blemishes as it claims. It does blur your pores a bit (if you have huge ones like I do) but not amazingly so, especially compared to Porefessional.

If you have dry skin steer clear of this, but for normal/combination/oily skin I'd give it a go.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This has become my HG of primers!! Wear this as my primer and then apply my Cover FX mineral powder foundation and it does not budge or get shiny for a full 8 hr day and then some!! Personally on my skin this as a primer works better than smashbox primer - which was my HG primer up until this point. I think my search for primers is over! The price point is fantastic, and with my Body Shop card I get an additional 10% off which you can't beat!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Product enhances dry patches on my skin, especially on forehead and cheeks. Feels almost grainy, very solid for a primer, makes my skin feel smooth when applied alone but that's about it. Wouldn't recommend for people with dry skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I've just started using this product, and so far so good. This primer mattifies my face, but still gives a healthy glow. I personally don't use this product on its own, I use it under my CC cream instead. The blurring effect is apparent both in real life and in pictures; pores are much less visible. The product however is a bit hard to spread, so do remember to blend it out really well before applying any makeup. The price is very reasonable for a decent primer like this, I bought it with 30% discount, so 10,50 euro only.

Having used this product as both a primer under make up and as a 'corrector' on its own, my feelings are mixed. For reference, my skin is dry/combination. I have an oily t-zone and I'm prone to blemishes.

Under make up I like it - it gives a soft focus to my foundation and makes my pores less visible. It doesn't mattify me all day (that would be miraculous!) but I do find my make up lasts longer before needing to be retouched / powdered, in comparison to other primers I've tried (inc. Smashbox, Porefessional, No.7 Beautifully Matte.)

On its own as a corrector, it doesn't really do much for me. My skin did look a little smoother, but my pores are still just as visible. For this purpose it was no where near as good as Benefit's Porefessional.

A lot of people seem to have an issue with the texture of this stuff - I'd describe it as a kind of whipped gel, which I didn't mind. It smooths on easily and leaves the skin feeling silky.

So far it hasn't broken me out (unlike the Smashbox one which my skin hated immediately) and it's quite reasonably priced in comparison to some of the HE primers, so I'd probably repurchase solely for use under make up.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I loved this when I put it on, weird dry-gel texture aside. It lasted all day. BUT, and it's a big but, I can't seem to fully remove it. I started with a cleansing oil, a scrub, then micellar water, but i can still sort of feel a film over my face. Weird. Too bad because it looked amazing while on my face.

Popular Primer/ Correctors