Sonia Kashuk Undetectable Pressed Powder

Talc, Dimethicone, Nylon-12, PTFE, Boron Nitride, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Zeolite, Zinc Stearate, Methylparaben, Sorbic Acid, Propylparaben, Lauroyl Lysine, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Butylparaben, BHT. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarines, Carmine, Manganese Violet, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Red 6, Red 7, Red 7 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Blue 1 Lake.

on 6/4/2015 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is my favorite finishing powder! I was using NYX HD finishing powder, which it's stark white in the package but comes off translucent when you apply it, as long as you don't over apply. I like the Sonia kashuk even better because it's not stark white like many translucent finishing powders, so the appearance when applied is truly undetectable. It's a more natural color, so it doesn't come out looking ghostly, and it doesn't change your color at all - it just sets your foundation for a matte/natural finish. The texture is super soft and silky, and it doesn't fly all over the place when you try to get some on your brush. It comes with a mirror and a large, flat, soft brush that I love for setting my undereye concealer, but I use a full size powder brush for the rest of my face.

on 7/25/2014 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Do not let the color of this powder deceive you! It is, indeed, translucent. I was on the market for a new setting powder, since my beloved Sonia Kashuk Barely There Pressed Powder was seemingly discontinued (I have a hunch that product was phased out in order for this product to launch). This powder comes in the same packaging as the Barely There powder, and I was hoping and praying the formula was the same, just that the company streamlined the product by making it translucent instead of coming in a variety of shades.

I'm pretty sure this is exactly what they did.

In the pot, this powder looks dark. Peachy, even. Being very fair skinned, I was alarmed and immediately held onto my Target receipt. Upon application (I toss the dinky brush it comes with and apply with a powder puff) the powder melts into the skin and gives me the almost exact finish of the old Barely There powder and matches my skin perfectly, leaving no color behind.

This powder controls my oil considerably well, is truly undetectable on my fair skin, and gives me a defused look while adding just a wee bit of coverage over top my TM/BB cream.

If you loved Barely There Pressed, this is the same thing only translucent.

Would give 5 stars if it came with a powder puff and not a crap brush.