Laura Geller Balance n Brighten Porcelain

4.3

on 7/11/2015 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I got this foundation when it first came out in a QVC kit about five or six years ago, and although it was way too light for me, I kept the kit because I liked the other stuff in it. (For reference, this foundation in the Fair shade is a perfect match for my NW20 complexion.) So it's been sitting all that time in my drawer, pretty much unused -- until now. I was looking for a highlighter that wasn't shimmery or sparkly because now that I'm in my late-40s, that's just not a good look. I came upon the reviews for MAC Lightscapade, and while I've never seen that product in person, the description of it reminded me of the LG foundation in Porcelain, and the lightbulb over my head went off -- I SHOULD TRY IT AS A HIGHLIGHTER! How I didn't think of this before, I don't know, but it makes for a fantastic, non-shimmer highlighter for my fair skin. I apply it at the top of my cheekbones and on my temples, and it gives the look of light without any sparkle whatsoever. I'll probably never have to repurchase because I use so little for highlighting, but if I ever do run out, I'll probably get it again. And this is why I never get rid of anything in my stash -- you never know when you might actually use something!

on 5/23/2015 2:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

porceiln good dupe for mac emphasize

on 5/18/2015 10:29:00 AM

I agree with the previous reviewer in that, the fair shade is too dark for my porcelain skin tone, yet the Balance n Brighten in the shade porcelain has a whitish cast to it. And with this product having a sheen to it, I look like a frosted ghostly apparition in the shade porcelain. I did not notice this effect with fair shade color. Overall, I think this is a good product if it matches your skin tone, and offers light coverage. The sheen on this product is not flattering to my fine lines and wrinkles and only accents my large pores.

on 7/22/2014 12:57:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I bought this because I fell in love with the Balance n Brighten Fair, but found it was too dark for me to use most of the year. I find this Porcelain is good, but not as good as the Fair. For me this shade was actually a little too pale. Part of what makes the Fair so good is that it gives a natural, healthy look. This Porcelain tended to make me look a little ghostlike sometimes. I do like the coverage of this. This is sometimes enough that I can use this as my foundation and other times when I am breaking out quite a bit this works great as a finishing powder over my liquid foundation and concealer. This is a well rounded product for me because I can use it both ways in my makeup routine. The packaging is actually nice. The pan at the bottom is not dipped too low and because of that I was able to use up every single bit of this without leaving product behind that I felt like I lost some of my money on this. This is definitely a powder foundation I will purchase although I do wish there was more of an in between shade of the Porcelain and the Fair.