Revlon Colorstay Makeup for Combination/Oily Skin

4.1

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide (7.3%). Other Ingredients: Aqua ((Water) Eau), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Sd Alcohol 40-B, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Nylon-12, Tribehenin, Isododecane, Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Bisabolol, Serica ((Silk Powder) Poudre De Soie), Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Silvestris (Mallow) Extract, Lilium Candidum (Lily) Bulb Extract, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Serica (Silk), Alumina, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethylsilsesquioxane Copolymer, Ethylene Brassylate, Methicone, Trisiloxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium Edta, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Mica (Ci 77019), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, 77492, 77499).

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I have this in Sand Beige, which matches my NC25 skin pretty well, although it looks like Warm Beige might be even closer. It gives me good coverage and doesn't feel too heavy, and it's very buildable. The one thing I do hate about this foundation is the fact that it doesn't come with a pump! Sure you can buy separate ones that will fit it, but it should really come with one so you don't have to worry about wasting product.

on 3/28/2015 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This is the gold standard of medium to full coverage makeup for oily skin. It is transfer-resistant, doesn't pool or cause oily creases on your skin, and controls oil throughout the day. The range of colors is pretty good. The price has creeped up to about $12 (average drugstore price) but it lasts a long time. The glass bottle has a wide neck which helps to get the product out of the bottle.
I'm an NC25-NC30 and I wear both 310 Warm Golden and 300 Golden Beige. I prefer the 300 Golden Beige. Toward the last 1/4 of the bottle, I store the bottle upside down to get all of it out. Have repurchased this many times, it's better than a lot of MAC or Clinique Foundations. Does not settle into fine lines around my eyes, which is a plus.

on 3/22/2015 2:52:00 PM

Eyes: Violet

I like this foundation really much, especially because it does not oxidize and lasts a long time. I blend it with my fingers and it is very easy to apply. I use the palest shade, Ivory, and I am very glade it does not darken which is a common problem with light shades especially. Also it does hold up well in high temperatures (with added powder, though).

Since we cannot comment on other reviews, I saw this comment in a previous text "I just hate anything that uses glass containers because it isn't biodegradable!" and I would like to add that glass actually is much easier to recycle than plastic; it can be melted again and used for new products (since this happens at a very high temperature, there won't be any bacteria surviving this). In contrast, plastic can only be recycled to lower-quality plastic, and biodegradation can take a long time (for containers which contain foundation products anyways, as you cannot use very thin plastic for it). It probably depends on the country you live in, but in many countries there are recycling places or containers for glass, so you can return the bottle there (for free), and in that case it would be a very environmentally friendly packaging.

on 3/18/2015 10:56:00 PM

I love this foundation. It has decent oil control, which is pretty important to me, as, after mid-day, my skin always starts to get a bit shiny from oil production, and Colorstay keeps it from getting obnoxious for a good 8 hours. Its full staying power goes to 12 or so before it begins dissipating. I also love the color selection--I'm incredibly pale, particularly around my neck and chest, and Colorstay in Ivory is the best match I've found. The coverage is great as well: when applied lightly, it's a high medium, and when built up, it reaches full. However, this does dry quickly, so layering can be a bit tricky, particularly for people with drier skins, as this is not a moisturizing foundation whatsoever. For me, this is my backup Ester Lauder Double Wear.

on 2/21/2015 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

It applies very smoothly, and is easy to blend in. It doesn't get cakey, or "stuck" before you are done blending. It has a very pleasant, very light scent to it as well. It is a medium to full coverage, even when I mixed it with my facial lotion, it still gave me a medium coverage. The finish is matte, with just a touch of the softest sheen, not at all glowing or shiny or greasy.
It claims to last 24 hours, but I wasn't about to test that out. Instead I put it through two hours of dance class in addition to wearing it all day. As the sweat started rolling down my face, I could feel the foundation on my face in a not so pleasant way. Not a deal-breaker, though. At the end of the day, if I dragged my finger across my face, the foundation actually pilled up and rolled off my skin in little balls, which was very strange. I think it had a lot to do with how much I sweat in ballet class. Still, not a deal-breaker if you don't plan on going through some intense physical activity in your day. And it didn't move as long as I didn't touch it, anyway. Especially for the price (I got mine at Target for $10), this is a great alternative to much more expensive department store brands. I put that I wouldn't buy it again, because for me this wasn't fabulous enough to keep me from trying a different kind when I run out. But still a great product!

on 2/10/2015 4:19:00 PM

I have just tried this once so far, and just wanted to mention that it looks really flaky on my skin, even when I used moisturizer first. This might have to do with me having combination skin that is very dry in the wintertime though, so I have bought the one for dry skin and will try that too.I'll update this as soon as I've tried it out more.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I can't rate this highly enough. I've been using this for about 8 years now and have no desire to try anything else. This doesn't break me out, doesn't morph colors throughout the day, stays completely put, covers extremely well and has a wide range of natural looking colors to choose from. I've been tempted to try something new because I'm curious if I'm missing out on something else but everytime I go to look for something else, I ask myself why would I want to replace this? It's perfect!

on 12/31/2014 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

My HOLY GRAIL Foundation.. straight up!
It's better than MAC (in my opinion)
-It's buildable so I don't need to use concealer: I just dab extra on my spots with a sponge.
-I apply it with a makeup sponge.
-It keeps my skin matte ALL DAY! unlike other foundations
-I use 3 shades (for contouring purposes) and I set it with my favorite face powder.
-I get COMPLIMENTS FOR DAYS

I remove it at night using "light" Olive Oil. I rub it all over my face (while in the shower) and then I rinse it off. I then wash my face with Cetaphil for Normal / Oily skin.
(I repeat these steps twice to make sure it's all off.) And then I leave some Olive Oil on my skin (because it's good for the skin).
I then like to wipe my face by putting toner on a paper towel and I see NO MAKEUP LEFT on it.
YaaaY!

on 12/24/2014 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

This is my go-to foundation when I need my face to stay in place all day. It is a thick liquid that smells a bit like paint. It sets pretty fast, so I apply it with my fingers, then smooth and buff it around with a flat-top brush (elf powder or Ecotools flat-top buffing). I set it with a bit of Black Opal Oil-Controlling Powder.

Colorstay dries to a matte finish, but it can look a bit dewy after 5-6 hours so I blot with Boscia blotting papers. This foundation is not moving once set. It does not transfer or melt or disappear from my nose. It does not even break me out. I can wash it off at the end of the day and have no additional bumps or rashes. However, it can feel a bit heavy on my face. It's also full-coverage, which is usually too much for my everyday look. I generally reserve this for all-day affairs.

For what it is, this foundation does the job. Lovely finish, stays all day, no transfer, and a good color match for me. I wear 400 Caramel, but I have mixed in 380 Rich Ginger with it in the past.

I recommend trying this if you need a seriously long-wearing, transfer-resistant foundation at a generally affordable price.

on 12/24/2014 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This foundation keeps you matte (I am in the shade Natural Tan), and it is full coverage. It looks very unnatural though and a little thick. It is a good foundation, and I would use it for a special occasion or an interview. Would not recommend this for everyday wear, unless you like heavy coverage.