September 16, 2014 | 1951 users online

Liquid - Revlon - Colorstay Makeup for Combination/Oily Skin

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2014 3:53:00 PM More reviews by carolyntaggart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been using bare minerals (original, color Light) and was looking for more coverage. I used to use this in High School & it was the only bottle of liquid foundation I've ever finished so I thought I'd try it again.

It is better than it used to be, but still I must return it. It breaks me out.

It can look natural if you apply it with a damp beauty blender, or mixing it with moisturizer. I wish it didn't break me out because the color match is spot on (180 Sand Beige), & the coverage & staying power are pretty good.
Certainly worth trying if your skin is not acne prone.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2014 6:48:00 PM More reviews by lv2inspire

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have oily, sensitive skin and break out after using most products. I have cystic acne and can get very oily throughout the day. No matter which product I used, I would have to blot the oil constantly. I saw a review for Revlon Colorstay Makeup for combo/oily skin and thought, why not! I purchased a 1 ounce bottle of the 220 shade for around $10 at Walmart, but Walgreens and CVS have it as well---price is a bit higher there. I was shocked after wearing it for several days. I wasn't breaking out and I didn't get oily. Revlon advertises it as a 24 hour, long-wear makeup---and it is! Other products would fade by lunch, but not this. It looks great all day. I can say that this is the best foundation I have ever used.

I gave it a four out of five for packaging because it is in a glass jar, which I personally do not prefer. As with any type of makeup you buy from a store like that, getting the right shade can be a bit difficult and taking it back can be a pain. Everything else about this product is fantastic. I was using Clinique before purchasing this, and I am going to stick with this!