January 28, 2015 | 1974 users online

Liquid - Revlon - Colorstay Makeup for Combination/Oily Skin

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2014 12:07:00 PM More reviews by SpicyRedd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My HOLY GRAIL Foundation.. straight up!
It's better than MAC (in my opinion)
-It's buildable so I don't need to use concealer: I just dab extra on my spots with a sponge.
-I apply it with a makeup sponge.
-It keeps my skin matte ALL DAY! unlike other foundations
-I use 3 shades (for contouring purposes) and I set it with my favorite face powder.
-I get COMPLIMENTS FOR DAYS

I remove it at night using "light" Olive Oil. I rub it all over my face (while in the shower) and then I rinse it off. I then wash my face with Cetaphil for Normal / Oily skin.
(I repeat these steps twice to make sure it's all off.) And then I leave some Olive Oil on my skin (because it's good for the skin).
I then like to wipe my face by putting toner on a paper towel and I see NO MAKEUP LEFT on it.
YaaaY!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2014 7:18:00 PM More reviews by missykeyana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my go-to foundation when I need my face to stay in place all day. It is a thick liquid that smells a bit like paint. It sets pretty fast, so I apply it with my fingers, then smooth and buff it around with a flat-top brush (elf powder or Ecotools flat-top buffing). I set it with a bit of Black Opal Oil-Controlling Powder.

Colorstay dries to a matte finish, but it can look a bit dewy after 5-6 hours so I blot with Boscia blotting papers. This foundation is not moving once set. It does not transfer or melt or disappear from my nose. It does not even break me out. I can wash it off at the end of the day and have no additional bumps or rashes. However, it can feel a bit heavy on my face. It's also full-coverage, which is usually too much for my everyday look. I generally reserve this for all-day affairs.

For what it is, this foundation does the job. Lovely finish, stays all day, no transfer, and a good color match for me. I wear 400 Caramel, but I have mixed in 380 Rich Ginger with it in the past.

I recommend trying this if you need a seriously long-wearing, transfer-resistant foundation at a generally affordable price.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2014 6:04:00 PM More reviews by AdriannaJ1997

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This foundation keeps you matte (I am in the shade Natural Tan), and it is full coverage. It looks very unnatural though and a little thick. It is a good foundation, and I would use it for a special occasion or an interview. Would not recommend this for everyday wear, unless you like heavy coverage.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/12/2014 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Sierrasaurusrex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I hate this foundation!!!! If you want to look like you are wearing a mask, or never want to take it off, then this is the foundation for you. I applied this with my real techniques flat top brush and no matter how much I blended it just looked so bad. I only used like a pea size amount!!! When I went to wash it off I had to try 3 times. Even a washcloth would not remove this, I still have some on my face. I also use a really good cleanser that always removes my foundation. If only this was a different formulation because the shade was spot on.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2014 4:17:00 PM More reviews by princessmeowmeow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

It's pretty good, the only downside is that this foundation can feel stiff and it's hard to apply bronzer and illuminator over top. Other than that, it matches my skin, offers buildability, has a matte finish all day, does not oxidize, and doesn't break out my skin. I just hate anything that uses glass containers because it isn't biodegradable!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2014 8:20:00 AM More reviews by cameo98

I will never use anything else! People have told me that my skin looks "airbrushed", "perfect", "flawless." It stays on all day through EVERYTHING: running, sweating, humidity, and EVEN SWIMMING & SHOWERS! People I know are amazed at how well this foundation looks.

I have tried every kind of foundation and concealer but this is the BEST by far because it NEVER comes off. I have combination skin, so my T-zone becomes somewhat oily throughout the day, especially my nose. Other foundations rub off due to the oil. but this foundation stays put COMPLETELY. NEVER WEARS OFF!

I am super insecure about showing my bare skin. Using this foundation makes me feel comfortable and so much more confident in my own skin.

I use the color Nude and it matches perfectly with my skin tone.
I apply using a concealer brush and blend using a beauty blender.
I set it with either Maybelline's Dream Wonder Powder in Classic Ivory or Bare Minerals Matte Powder in Golden Fair.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2014 5:31:00 PM More reviews by yolkbrains

this foundation works better for me than the myriad others i have tried recently. it is nothing miraculous. it doesn't transform my face into an angelic expanse of poreless and flawless flesh. but it looks natural, evens out my skin tone, and does a decent job of minimizing the appearance of hyperpigmentation/acne scars (though i still use concealer over those parts).
because it is a liquid (and formulated for oilier skin), it will emphasize dehydrated/dry patches on the skin, though the effect is minimal, and seems inevitable if you forego a creamier product. applying in thin layers is the best method for this foundation. i also quite like the packaging - it's easy to dab a bit of product on the back of your hand and apply from there.
it has not broken me out, or irritated my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2014 3:53:00 PM More reviews by carolyntaggart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been using bare minerals (original, color Light) and was looking for more coverage. I used to use this in High School & it was the only bottle of liquid foundation I've ever finished so I thought I'd try it again.

It is better than it used to be, but still I must return it. It breaks me out.

It can look natural if you apply it with a damp beauty blender, or mixing it with moisturizer. I wish it didn't break me out because the color match is spot on (180 Sand Beige), & the coverage & staying power are pretty good.
Certainly worth trying if your skin is not acne prone.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2014 6:48:00 PM More reviews by lv2inspire

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have oily, sensitive skin and break out after using most products. I have cystic acne and can get very oily throughout the day. No matter which product I used, I would have to blot the oil constantly. I saw a review for Revlon Colorstay Makeup for combo/oily skin and thought, why not! I purchased a 1 ounce bottle of the 220 shade for around $10 at Walmart, but Walgreens and CVS have it as well---price is a bit higher there. I was shocked after wearing it for several days. I wasn't breaking out and I didn't get oily. Revlon advertises it as a 24 hour, long-wear makeup---and it is! Other products would fade by lunch, but not this. It looks great all day. I can say that this is the best foundation I have ever used.

I gave it a four out of five for packaging because it is in a glass jar, which I personally do not prefer. As with any type of makeup you buy from a store like that, getting the right shade can be a bit difficult and taking it back can be a pain. Everything else about this product is fantastic. I was using Clinique before purchasing this, and I am going to stick with this!