December 19, 2014 | 1275 users online

Liquid - Revlon - Colorstay Makeup for Combination/Oily Skin

rated 1 of 5 on 12/12/2014 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Sierrasaurusrex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I hate this foundation!!!! If you want to look like you are wearing a mask, or never want to take it off, then this is the foundation for you. I applied this with my real techniques flat top brush and no matter how much I blended it just looked so bad. I only used like a pea size amount!!! When I went to wash it off I had to try 3 times. Even a washcloth would not remove this, I still have some on my face. I also use a really good cleanser that always removes my foundation. If only this was a different formulation because the shade was spot on.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2014 1:55:00 PM More reviews by Kramaric

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

An excellent foundation for its price. And also a great coverage for a drugstore foundation. Well, a price actually can be lower, here in Croatia is around 16-18$. But now, lets remove to the product. The texture is quite thick, it's kinda tricky to blend it in, especially with fingers. So I recommend applying it with a brush (I have not tried sponges yet). Many women complain mainly about the packaging, because of the fact it does not have a pump. But because of its thick consistency, I think it doesn't need one. It gives good medium coverage, I would say. If you have scars, blemishes or some redness, like I do, you will need concealer or a camouflage cream on that places. Shades are really good, I'm have really fair skin and I use a shade 150 Buff. Well, it is too dark for me in the winter, but it is so hard to find the right shade when you are pale. So, maybe it needs a one more lighter shade, for us who have skin like vampires. Overall, it is a very good foundation, the first foundation I ever bought and after 3-4 bottles I am still using it!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2014 4:17:00 PM More reviews by princessmeowmeow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

It's pretty good, the only downside is that this foundation can feel stiff and it's hard to apply bronzer and illuminator over top. Other than that, it matches my skin, offers buildability, has a matte finish all day, does not oxidize, and doesn't break out my skin. I just hate anything that uses glass containers because it isn't biodegradable!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2014 8:20:00 AM More reviews by cameo98

I will never use anything else! People have told me that my skin looks "airbrushed", "perfect", "flawless." It stays on all day through EVERYTHING: running, sweating, humidity, and EVEN SWIMMING & SHOWERS! People I know are amazed at how well this foundation looks.

I have tried every kind of foundation and concealer but this is the BEST by far because it NEVER comes off. I have combination skin, so my T-zone becomes somewhat oily throughout the day, especially my nose. Other foundations rub off due to the oil. but this foundation stays put COMPLETELY. NEVER WEARS OFF!

I am super insecure about showing my bare skin. Using this foundation makes me feel comfortable and so much more confident in my own skin.

I use the color Nude and it matches perfectly with my skin tone.
I apply using a concealer brush and blend using a beauty blender.
I set it with either Maybelline's Dream Wonder Powder in Classic Ivory or Bare Minerals Matte Powder in Golden Fair.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2014 5:31:00 PM More reviews by yolkbrains

this foundation works better for me than the myriad others i have tried recently. it is nothing miraculous. it doesn't transform my face into an angelic expanse of poreless and flawless flesh. but it looks natural, evens out my skin tone, and does a decent job of minimizing the appearance of hyperpigmentation/acne scars (though i still use concealer over those parts).
because it is a liquid (and formulated for oilier skin), it will emphasize dehydrated/dry patches on the skin, though the effect is minimal, and seems inevitable if you forego a creamier product. applying in thin layers is the best method for this foundation. i also quite like the packaging - it's easy to dab a bit of product on the back of your hand and apply from there.
it has not broken me out, or irritated my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2014 3:53:00 PM More reviews by carolyntaggart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been using bare minerals (original, color Light) and was looking for more coverage. I used to use this in High School & it was the only bottle of liquid foundation I've ever finished so I thought I'd try it again.

It is better than it used to be, but still I must return it. It breaks me out.

It can look natural if you apply it with a damp beauty blender, or mixing it with moisturizer. I wish it didn't break me out because the color match is spot on (180 Sand Beige), & the coverage & staying power are pretty good.
Certainly worth trying if your skin is not acne prone.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2014 6:48:00 PM More reviews by lv2inspire

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have oily, sensitive skin and break out after using most products. I have cystic acne and can get very oily throughout the day. No matter which product I used, I would have to blot the oil constantly. I saw a review for Revlon Colorstay Makeup for combo/oily skin and thought, why not! I purchased a 1 ounce bottle of the 220 shade for around $10 at Walmart, but Walgreens and CVS have it as well---price is a bit higher there. I was shocked after wearing it for several days. I wasn't breaking out and I didn't get oily. Revlon advertises it as a 24 hour, long-wear makeup---and it is! Other products would fade by lunch, but not this. It looks great all day. I can say that this is the best foundation I have ever used.

I gave it a four out of five for packaging because it is in a glass jar, which I personally do not prefer. As with any type of makeup you buy from a store like that, getting the right shade can be a bit difficult and taking it back can be a pain. Everything else about this product is fantastic. I was using Clinique before purchasing this, and I am going to stick with this!