Revlon Colorstay Makeup for Combination/Oily Skin

4.2

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide (7.3%). Other Ingredients: Aqua ((Water) Eau), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Sd Alcohol 40-B, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Nylon-12, Tribehenin, Isododecane, Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Bisabolol, Serica ((Silk Powder) Poudre De Soie), Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Silvestris (Mallow) Extract, Lilium Candidum (Lily) Bulb Extract, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Serica (Silk), Alumina, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethylsilsesquioxane Copolymer, Ethylene Brassylate, Methicone, Trisiloxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium Edta, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Mica (Ci 77019), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, 77492, 77499).

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This makeup literally changed my life. I struggled with oily skin so much during my younger teen years that I got made fun of for it occasionally. Every foundation I used looked like a massive oil slick by the end of the day. Then one of my friends recommended this to me so I decided to give it a try. That was seriously at least 4 years ago and I've been using it ever since! The color Buff matches my skin nicely and the foundation does a great job at controlling my oil! My biggest struggle was finding a matte/oil control powder to pair with it, and that took me a bit, but I've finally settled on Rimmel Stay Matte powder. I cannot express enough my love and appreciation for this product.

I have horrible melasma this product is by far the best for covering my brown patches. I mixed three different shades but its worth it to see most of it covered. It lasts all day and does not fade. I have been using this product for over eight years tried lots of foundations but this one has the best coverage. If your looking to cover melasma or sunspots this will do the trick.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have tried this foundation on 2 occasions now. the first time I purchased this in ivory, because I have a bad habit of buying my foundations too light. it made me look like a ghist, settled into every pore, and looked chalky kn my skin. I recently repurchased this jn nude, which was a much better match. hiwever, it still settled into every pore (with primer on I might add) and looked chalky and streaky when applied with my beauty blender. I absolutly love the colorstay whipped, so I had high hopes that maybe he first time it was just the color thay was wrong with this one. everyone loves it, must just be me that it doesn't work for. also, I was really excited to see that they added a pump to this. too bad.

I got mine in the shade Warm Golden. I love the lasting powder of this foundation and I love that a little goes a long way. It offers a medium to full coverage. I never felt the need to use concealers when I use this. I get great feedback on days when I use this product because it creates a very flawless look. Keeps the facial oils at bay and keeps me matte the entire day. The only reason why I'm taking a lippie off my overall rating is because this foundation does not come with a pump. I love foundations with pump because it makes dispensing very easy. It's still a 50-50 if I would repurchase this again but since I love the positive comments I get when I wear this, I am leaning on buying this again when it runs out.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

It offers good coverage, isn't expensive and didn't make my acne worse(I don't wear foundation daily though) I don't know if it would break somebody out if you would wear it every day. It alone is not mattifying enough but with powder for setting, it stays in place a couple of hours. It does oxidizes on skin that is not moisturized and changes color to darker, so mix it with a lighter shade and use a moisturizer and primer before putting it on.

Good lightweight foundation that is barely noticeable and easy to colour match as it has a wide range. I find it very difficult to find a foundation light enough for my skin tone, but the 'Ivory' colour was perfect and matched well to my pink toned skin.

The foundation itself is nothing fancy - it's not matte or light infused if that's what you're after. It's a basic liquid foundation that you will definitely need to set with powder. But it is build able, which is a plus. I got many compliments with this, as people said that they didn't realise I was wearing any foundation at all.

I have combination skin, with a somewhat oily T-zone, and this foundation keeps the oil at bay. It also holds up when I get a little sweaty, although of course I had to touch up with a bit of powder.

Unfortunately, it has begun to dry out my skin in random patches, to the point where my skin has started to crack and it's noticeable. Disappointing, but it must just be my skin's reaction to one of the chemicals in the foundation itself. I haven't seen any other similar reactions. Hopefully you won't have the same response as I do.

I love this put the packaging (no pump) and lack of warm/yellow shades is a let down.

I prefer this over the crap overrated MAC Studios Fix. I'm NC20-25ish and the closest is 'Golden Beige', it's a little dark but good for nights or you can fix it with heavy highlight/contouring.
Also, my shade is hard to find in the UK :/

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I. love. this. so. much. I have combination/normal skin, with it being oilier in the t-zone during the Summer months. This foundation is a dream. I just can't seem to find anything like it. It is thick, so I apply VERY sparingly on a kabuki brush. I don't have much to cover up on my skin so I try to just spread it on as thin as I can since it can feel a bit heavy if you build it up a lot. I just wear it for a more polished look when I have to work or go out. The finish is stunning in my opinion. It is semi matte, with just the teeniest bit of a glow in just the right places and the right amounts when I get a little oily. I top it off with a translucent powder from Airspun and I have seriously worn this from 8 am to 9 pm and had it look exactly the same at the end of the night as it did when I applied it. It has a very light paint like smell but it seems to go away and does not bother me one bit-and I do NOT like makeup that emits a scent as you wear it. I had 250 Fresh Beige to start with, but after self tanning I am in 300 Golden Beige. I feel like the undertone is sometimes a little more pink or peach than I would like depending on the light I am in. That may just be a shade problem though, and I can spend an hour in front of a foundation display looking at shades, so I'm kinda just like eh, screw it. I will definitely repurchase. Forever.

EDIT: This is breaking me out. It took me a few weeks to realize this was the culprit since I switch products a bit. I'm pissed. I am having such a hard time finding another foundation that keeps my oil away like this. I am not going to reduce my rating for it however because it's not the products fault that my skin didn't mesh with it.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have been purchasing this foundation (Combination/Oily Skin Only) pretty religiously for the last I don't know, 5 years maybe. I'm in the shade Caramel but they're not much range for brown skintone and I don't mix with the next shade up like some girls, which is Cappuccino because it has a red undertone.

My undertone is Yellow, like in their Caramel shade so I don't see the logic in mixing two foundations with completely different undertones. Plus, it's messy and comes out to about $20 and I might as well go for a department store product for that price just skip Starbucks for a week.

The Pro's about this foundation are obviously what kept me coming back. The first is the Formula. It FEELS good on my skin, its thick and creamy with a matte finish that doesn't feel sticky. It is the one DRUGSTORE foundation that has actually helped control my shine AND manage to give me a GLOW. Awesome. When it starts to fade, it looks natural and not like all my makeup just rubbed off my skin. This foundation is the closest I've come to shine control dependablity and lasting finish. I live in Las Vegas, NV where the summer has super high humidity and I catch several buses for a work commute.

Application: I moisturize my face, apply a primer and let that sit for a couple minutes. I typically alternated between using my fingers and a flat makeup brush to apply this foundation. It usually goes on pretty smooth. I would start in one area first because it is a STAYING foundation means it's going to dry fast and you don't want to put little dots of foundation all over your face and sacrifice not blending everything equally because you were trying to hurry before it dried.

Dispenser: THIS I hate. Its just an open jar basically and you have to shake it out onto your palm or palette, whatever. There is no pump and you can waste a lot of product. I would typically shake it and then immedialy open before the foundation settled to the bottom so I can just take product off the top without wasting it. I don't know why they haven't fixed it. But hey, its what's inside that matters.

Texture: Creamy, thick.

Is it REALLY 24 hours?
Eh, no. Honestly I don't know where the marketing for 24 hr foundations come from. Is it longlasting? Very. I have yet to use ANY foundation that lasts this long, except for Teint Idole Ultra 24H by Lancome ($46) which I am thinking of switching back to. I recently started using Mat Velvet by Make Up For Ever in shade 57 ($38) because its the best shade match I have ever found including undertone but it doesn't stay matte as long as the Colorstay so I will not be repurchasing especially for the price. I have purchased Teint Idole before but it was in the wrong undertone so I might try them again now that I know my correct shade/undertone, It's as close as I've come to loving a foundation as much as the Colorstay in finish and application and they have more shades. But the cost...

All in All I like this foundation and even find myself layering it atop the Make up Forever Mat Velvet as a subtle highlight. I wish MUFE Mat Velvet had this staying powder and luminous yet matte glow like Revlon, that's what you get when the undertone is awesome and it has a great matte finish without looking dry or cakey. I could even forego the powder sometimes or just get away with a translucent one.

I gave a 4 out 5 rating for the limited range of shades for brown skintones and their Packaging which causes you to waste a lot of product on your hand or use too much. That being said if they made one in my exact shade or two of the same yellow undertones that I could mix, I would definitely repurchase. It's still cheaper than Teint Idole and has a lasting coverage that other drugstore foundations should be envious of. I still find myself reaching for it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have very oily/acne prone skin with occasional dryness.

PROS:
-Medium, but very buildable, coverage
-Not cakey or heavy
-Semi-matte finnish
-Did not break me out or clog my pores
-Affordable
-I was able to find a shade that fit me very well (150 BUFF)

CONS:
-Bad packaging (glass bottle)
-Did not help control my oil too well, even when I used a setting powder
-After 3 hours the makeup started to break up around my nose, where I get oily the most

This makeup did not hold up on my skin, but then again I have terribly oily skin and foundations hardly ever hold up on my skin. But this makeup would be good for someone who does not have excessively oily skin like I do.

Video Reviews & Tutorials