Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Replenishing Moisture Milk

Water, Dimethicone, Propanediol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Behentrimonium Chloride, Dicaprylyl Ether, Sea Water, Kappaphycus Alvarezii Extract, Polyquaternium-55, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Panthenol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Selaginella Lepidophylla Extract, Lactobacillus Ferment, Amodimethicone, Superoxide Dismutase, Polysilicone-15, CaviarExtract, Ascorbic Acid, Saccharomyces/Magnesium Ferment, Saccharomyces/Copper Ferment, Saccharomyces/Silicon Ferment, Saccharomyces/Zinc Ferment, Saccharomyces/IronFerment, Phospholipids, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Sodium Methoxy PEG-16 Maleate/Styrene Sulfonate Copolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butylene Glycol, Algae Extract, C11-15 Pareth-7, Laureth-9, Trideceth-12, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance.

on 9/22/2015 7:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I received a generous sample of this in my September Allure beauty box, and I was excited to try it. I have longer-than-shoulder-length hair that's oily and flat except for the ends, which are dry and slightly damaged due to my recent switch to ombre color. My usual concern for a leave-in conditioner is whether it will make my hair greasy as the day goes on.

The packaging for this is weird because it's a spray bottle, but the conditioner isn't a light spray; it's a cream. I spray it in my hands and finger comb it through. If you spray it directly into your hair, you're likely to get uneven coverage.

I'm not crazy about the smell at all, but it does fade after blow drying.

Overall, this product is just average. I didn't notice that my hair was softer after using this or any more or less manageable. There was basically no change using this or using my usual styling products. I will use up the sample, but I wouldn't buy this again, especially because of the price.

on 8/4/2015 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'm really not impressed with this leave in conditioner spray. For reference, I have very long, bleached blonde hair. The texture is "fine", but there's lot of it. Health-wise I would consider my hair to be damaged from past styling disasters. So I need something that will condition my hair and conceal damage without weighing it down.

This certainly wasn't it. The "spray" is more of a medium creme consistency. For the amount I'd have to use to cover all my hair, I would be left looking like a balding rat. It's just too heavy. A little does *not* go a long way with this leave in conditioner.

To make matters worse, the Replenishing Moisture Milk really didn't add much hydration to my damaged ends. It seems to just coat them. I wasn't left with shiny, silky locks. Being completely honest - the ingredient list DOES look pretty good! Which is exactly why I bought this. It contains silicones (gives hair slip), oils, extracts, panthenol, and a bunch of other beneficial ingredients. But in terms of performance... this just didn't impress me.

I won't repurchase, & I'd advise y'all to save your money. There are products for a fraction of the cost that have preformed much better than this. I prefer Ion Keratin Dry Oil Mist from Sally Beauty Supply. It's my "holy grail" leave in product...there's a review in my profile if any of you are interested.

on 3/29/2015 5:49:00 PM

review of Moisture Milk 1:13-1:47 min of video

on 3/19/2015 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I'm completely an Alterna convert after trying a number of products from their Caviar line. This product in particular has become a must for me. I, like another reviewer, received this as a deluxe sample from Sephora, but unlike that reviewer's experience this leave-in conditioner made a significant impression on me and my dry, color treated hair. The term "spray" also bewildered me as it is not a spray. And yes, the trial bottle dispenses very little product per pump, but it's a sample bottle and I don't think it should count against the product one bit. Also, only a few pumps is all that is really needed as it should not be used to completely saturate the hair. That will definitely leave your hair feeling weighed down and rather lank, without body to boot. Instead, only a few pumps are needed to smooth through the lengths of your hair, and as with any leave-in conditioner and the like, you should steer clear of your roots and the crown area.

The consistency is a lightweight cream that emulsifiers and absorbs into the hair almost immediately without leaving behind any nasty residue. It smells like all the other products in the Alterna line, which I like a great deal. It's just a really fresh/clean smell, and not particularly floral or sweet in nature.

It adds a great deal of softness and shine and really smooths and hydrates the ends of my hair. After using any hear styling tool, I've noticed a decrease in the damage to my ends after. The remain smooth and shiny without the crunchy dry frizzes that sometimes result from styling.

I decided to purchase the full size product even before finishing my sample bottle so I can take it with me when I travel. I purchased it on Amazon for about $24, which I believe is cheaper than buying it from retailers like Sephora. It's a legit product (I know sometimes buying on Amazon can result in fake products as I've been a victim of this in the past)...looks, feels, smells, and works like the product I received from Sephora.

All in all, this is a great leave-in for anyone who has brittle, dry, aging, or color treated hair and I definitely recommend it!

on 1/12/2015 9:54:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Terrible! I received this as a 100-point perk from Sephora. Because of the smaller size my bottle said to "Spray" the product but the dispenser was a pump......ok, no biggie. It took soooo much product to get my hair semi-coated (I have medium length hair, below my shoulders). I seriously had to pump it like 20 times to get enough out. I could have used more but I was irritated with it. It also did nothing for my hair. No softening (even a temporary effect is okay), no detangling, nothing. In fact my hair felt MORE brittle than if I would have just left it alone and applied nothing. Would not recommend.

on 11/9/2014 9:56:00 AM

So so moisturizing ! I've tried everything and this seriously works . Love it it also helps with frizz and smells great

on 10/4/2014 1:24:00 PM

I was extremely disappointed by this leave-in conditioner. What prompted me to try this is that I love Alterna's Caviar CC 10-in-1 so I was curious about the rest of the Caviar line. I found that the Replenishing Moisture Milk just didn't provide enough moisture at all. My hair felt so dry and rough when I used this. Weighed-down and difficult to brush. Not what I expected at all!
I wish I had tried a sample of this before I went and spent $30 on this product. For reference, my hair is thick, dry, wavy-textured, color-treated, and I heat-style it regularly. And I always use some type of leave-in product before blow drying.
I liked that this is a spray creme type of product. But there's an even better one out there for a fraction of the price- Hawaiian Silky, it's sold at Sally's Beauty Supply for only about five dollars a bottle. Works a million times better on my hair than this Alterna leave-in.
Won't buy this again.

on 7/21/2014 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

This is product is extremely moisturizing and exceptional at detangling. It leaves my hair very smooth, soft, plump and shiny without weighing it down. It also helps to protect from heat styling. It's a spray creme formula with a light lemony scent.