Alterna Cleanse Extend Translucent Dry Shampoo - Bamboo Leaf Scent

I have dark hair and have been on the hunt for a translucent dry shampoo that won't leave a white powdery residue in my hair while still absorbing oil. I think this is it. I was first introduced to Alterna's Bamboo Style Cleanse Extend Translucent Dry Shampoo on a website that listed some top dry shampoos. So far, I have only tried this once, but it did seem effective at absorbing the oil in my hair with just two little bursts. It's a small can (4.75 oz), but I end up using less product compared to the less expensive brands of dry shampoo that I have tried (Ulta and Dove). For the most effective use, I start using this the day before I need to wash my hair (day 2 since I wash my hair every other day when not using dry shampoo). The Bamboo Leaf scent is fresh and clean, and I have heard some comments that the scent is gender-neutral so men could use this product, too. 4 lippies for price because one 4.75 oz can is $22 - there are more expensive dry shampoos out there, but this isn't cheap either.

I love Not Your Mother's Clean Freak dry shampoo and no matter how many different ones I try, I can't get better than that one.

This one by Alterna wasn't the worst but was one that I am glad I only bought a travel size in. I try not to wash my hair every day, but it gets greasy fast so I turn to dry shampoo to make it look cleaner and add body. When applied as per the directions, this Alterna product made my hair feel thick but in a dirty way, and made it look heavy and dull after a couple of hours. I only applied this at my roots and yet I had trouble running my fingers through the length of my hair, it felt coarse and dry. I didn't get any extra volume, instead my hair seemed flatter than usual.

The only good thing about this was the pleasant, light scent. Won't be buying this one again.