Maybelline The Nudes

3.5

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I feel a mix of I like this palette but at the same time I don't. It's great for daytime use but I did not find a variety of good colors in this. There are two shades that look almost the same and others that just look muddy on my eyes. Yet I do like the bronzey shades and the few matte ones. I just feel that this palette is boring. Some colors are more pigmented than others. It's an ok, just good palette but not great.

on 2/20/2015 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This palette has very mixed reviews for me. Part of me totally loves this palette but I just don't reach for it as much as I thought I would. I don't regret purchasing this because it's great size for travel and has a good balance of mattes and shimmers but the colors just aren't THAT pigmented and vibrant. They are a little chalky for my liking but I do enjoy this every so often. You get what you get for 11 dollars. Still love my Naked palettes and Too Faced Chocolate bars better.

this product is okay! it's not the best if you like really creamy, easy blend able eyeshadow (e.g urban decay) but it's still a good deal, wouldn't re purchase though

on 2/11/2015 2:52:00 PM

This palette was just not up to standards. I will be honest though and say I don't normally buy DS and although I've heard and am sure there are similar quality, even better products than HE, this is not one of them.

I saw this on sale for a fab $12.50 and the colours just looked so gorg I couldn't resist. Wasn't able to swatch in store though and that was biggest mistake because upon trying it out at home there is like NO pigmentation!!!

I'm actually really curious how people think this a good palette?? But I will tell you this is just not up to my standards period. I've tried it over foundation/concealer but not real eye primer, but tbh you shouldn't have to use an eye primer to have a shade simply show up.

Big disappointment because due to the lack of pigments and barely being able to see the shades they all kinda look the same anyways. I don't know what this is regular price but I'm guessing it's not worth it for a product that just kinda sucks.

on 2/2/2015 6:20:00 PM

I was hoping this palette would be a dupe for the high-end palettes out there, but my expectations were slightly off the charts. However, I still consider that I got my money's worth as it is still a decent palette.

I'm so glad there's finally a drugstore palette that's similar to Urban Decay's Naked palettes! I had my doubts on this product when I first purchased it since the reviews of this product were either really good or "worst product of the year", however, after trying out myself, I TOTALLY LOVE THIS PALETTE. This palette comes with 12 different shades and two sponge applicators. I love this palette since it's cheap, comparing to similar high end palettes, and it contains both matte and shimmer colors, so it's great for both neutral and smokey looks. My only complain for this would be that the pigmentation of two or three colors aren't that great, so it'll take some time to build up the color. To me, this is a great drugstore swap for Urban Decay's Naked palette and Too Faced's Chocolate Bar palette. Overall, I think this is a great product and I would definitely purchase it again.

on 1/17/2015 12:21:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

When I saw the new Maybelline New York The Nudes, I was immediately ecstatic and put it in my shopping cart as a "for sure" purchase. The packaging is a sleek, black rectangular shape that fits nicely in with the rest of my beauty products and would be easy to slip into a beach bag for a long weekend at the beach. The palette includes 12 colors that pretty much cover the majority of nude colors, some semi-matte and some slightly shimmery. Nothing is overly pigmented, and there is little fall-out, which can be cured by using Shadow Shields or layering loose powder under the eyes. There are no intense primary colors; however, I had very good luck building the colors with a flat brush using short, patting motions. Prior to applying the eye shadows, I used RoC Smooth Perfexion Instant Line Corrector over my face, eyelids, and neck as a primer. NOTE: I always apply my foundation first and build from there.

I went to lunch with a coworker, who loved the smokey eye effect. My hubby also loved the smokey eye and is encouraging me to keep trying different looks with this palette, which is versatile enough to go from a basic nude/lazy weekend look, to corporate office professional look, to a sultry, cat-eye look. I highly recommend this palette, which is a steal compared to Urban Decay, Stila, and other high-end palettes.

Jouir-Enjoy!
redlipsdiva

on 1/12/2015 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This review will be short and sweet as many reviewers below have better articulated my views.
Pros: some great colours; lots of variety of colours and finishes; nothing too glittery; and, most importantly, all are usable, wearable colours

Cons: some colours are very hard to pick up with a brush. I found this to be particularly true for the mid and dark hued tones. The light (base) shades were creamier and easier to apply, as were the shimmer/ metallic shades.

Would I buy again? No. But it's nice to have some of the colours for when I want options and/or more variety.

on 1/2/2015 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have Naked 1, but had this come out at the same time, I probably would have gotten by just fine (and $40 richer) only using The Nudes palette.

It had been awhile since I'd bought a Maybelline eyeshadow because my previous experience with them, years back, had been one of chalkiness and a lack of pigmentation. Thankfully, it seems they've changed the formula for the better.

This lovely palette boasting 12 small squares of shades for a reasonable $10 is fairly fabulous. All and I mean all of the shades are wearable. None are a true matte, which to me is a good thing, and none are a glitter bomb either. The shades range from light and warm golds to golden bronzes, to a silvery taupe and champagne, a pearlescent pearl, slightly purple grays and cocoas, to a subtle black. Many boast some shimmer but no chunky glitters. Again, all lovely, all useful. No fillers here.

The pigmentation is quite good. Not quite urban decay level but doesn't start to fade for about 5-6 hours and that's with no primer. Goes on richly with minimal to no fallout. I use my fingers to apply these. The formula is smooth and almost buttery, blending fairly easily.

I was happily surprised by the quality and versatility of this palette and would definitely recommend it. Not only is it packed full of beautiful, well-made shades but the palette isn't so big and cumbersome as the Nakeds and others are. I find myself reaching for it more often than Naked 1 now.

The only caveat is the packaging is a little chintzy. Drop it and the shadows may break and/or the pans may pop out. I also wish they had included a better application tool with this, and more than one considering there is room for it, but that's a small quibble.

on 12/12/2014 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I use this lovely and inexpensive palette to fill in my eye brows, which it does brilliantly. Occasionally I use the eye shadow colors on my eyes but only rarely. I mix mostly the medium-light matte shadows and they end up perfect for filling in my sparse eye brows. I love it and seeing as how little I use daily, I won't have to buy brow filler powder for a really long time.

Popular Palettes