Maybelline The Nudes

3.5

I was pretty happy with the selection of shades and the pigment pay off.

Most colours glided on smoothly and lasted well throughout out the day.

My complaints are minor: Personally I would have gotten more use out of the palette if it had more matte shades. My older eyelids weren't flattered by the most shimmery shadows.
I also felt that the directions on the back regarding which colours to put where were "wrong" in some cases.

Still feel this palette is universally flattering. If you don't already have something similar, definitely worth a try.

on 7/28/2015 8:49:00 AM

Don't waste this money. It a dupe for any naked palette. You want good cheap eyeshadows? Buy wet n wild quads. These colors are band and are mostly matte and un pigmented. The few shimmery shadows don't even look shimmery because of their chalkyness. Listen maybelline, if wet n wild can be cruelty free and offer some pretty pigmented shadows for under $2.99 why can't you offer a palette with bettwr quality shadows? Awful. The L'oreal La Palette is better, not the best but define they bettwr than this maybelline junk. I also tried the blushed palette and it was a little better, the coos were nicer but the pigmentation was worse than the dollar shadow quads at Dollar Tree lol

on 7/25/2015 12:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This is a good all in one option depending on what you're looking for and if you can get it cheap enough.

TEXTURE:
10 sheer shades and 2 good pigmentation. Most are shimmery, a few with annoying glittery fallout. Most of the colors are patchy and difficult to blend, especially if you use the foam applicator they provide. Better with your own brushes. Nice quality for casual work situations or going out for a few hours. Wouldn't be my first choice for say 8 - 10 hours+ for a professional job like in a bank, school, or office. Its a bit patchy, shimmers fallout, and doesn't hold up to all day wear.

SHADE SELECTION:
Good mix. But repetition as its mostly all sheers and similar middle tones. I find myself supplementing the palette with a pale/creme shade and a very dark chocolate it needs to get a wider range of looks. That matt patchy sheer greyish black at the end is totally useless to me as its poorly pigmented and grey belongs to a smoky palette anyway not a nude one so it doesn't enhance this palette at all.

I have very fair skin and the colors show up well on me - deeper and mostly suitable for the evening. But medium+ toned ladies might be disappointed. On darker skin the shades don't show up well and mostly look all look the same - ie sheer shimmer and not much color.

PACKAGING:
Sleek and fits in a small makeup bag. Does not have a mirror, which I miss as I usually use the mirrored palettes to do my makeup in. Throw away the scratchy foam applicator brush and use your own. These eyeshadows need alot of blending and this particular applicator struggles with that. There is a nice long slot that you could slip in a couple of mini's or one longer travel brush if you prefer have your brushes right there to use on the go.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I do love this palette. I do own the original Naked palette and I do see the similarities, but this Maybelline palette is quite nice. Easy to blend and build-up. Nice for traveling, which is great since I do that often.

on 7/15/2015 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

It's great to see that drugstores are coming out with more palettes!
However, this quality really isn't good. The eyeshadows are not creamy, they're not blendable, they're not pigmented, the formula is terrible, and just overall not worth it.

The target market for this eyeshadow are young people and people who don't spend a lot of money on makeup and people who aren't really knowledgeable about makeup, I'm thinking a lot of the people reviewing this haven't experienced really good high quality eyeshadows and that's why they seem to like this palette. They just don't know any better. It gets compared to the naked palette (those eyeshadows are great and very versatile and definitely a lot better than this palette, but there are eyeshadows even better than the naked palette..at a better price, too)

honestly, the concept is great but the formula just isn't there. There are tons of better eyeshadows out there, even better urban decay naked dupes out there. Save up for a naked palette (if you're a trend follower), even the too faced 9-pan eyeshadow palettes are great, lorac, or get some makeup forever eyeshadows or even a lancome or estee lauder or dior palette.

PLEASE INVEST IN A BETTER EYESHADOW PALETTE
THERE ARE SO MANY OPTIONS THAT ARE BETTER QUALITY
you'll use less product, the eyeshadow sizes are bigger, colors are better and more pure, etc

on 7/15/2015 1:52:00 PM

I really do like this eyeshadow. It's like butter, so creamy and smooth putting it on. But, only about half of the colors are appropriate for daily use, the other half are far too dark to wear to work or the store, etc. They're more of a party or bar look. Unless you wear dark colors on your eyes at all times, then good for you at finding this. There are a lot of colors to play around with so it's worth the money. Since you can't (or shouldn't) use all of the colors every day this will definitely last you a while so it's a practical purchase. I don't think I will end up buying this more than a few times in my lifetime though

on 7/13/2015 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

I picked up this product awhile ago and I have mixed feelings about it. I mean it's alright, it's not horrible but I would say this is a miss by Maybelline. I wouldn't put your money into it. The pigmentation is bare minimum even with a primer and it has quite a chalky consistency. Not a fan. You can't build with this product and believe me I have tried. It is more on the expensive side for a drugstore product so overall I would suggest you save your money and invest it elsewhere as this is quite a junky product in my opinion. Not worth the time or money but that is just my opinion. If you are a person used to higher end eyeshadows, I guarantee you will not like this product. This palette could possibly be good for a beginner or someone in middle school, so if you fall into that category then you just might like this palette, other than that it is a no from me.

on 7/9/2015 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this palette! I have the naked palette and only use it on special occasions because I'm the kind of person that is afraid to use something so nice (lol) but this is great for how cheap it is and there aren't many neutral palettes in the drugstore. The colors have great pigmentation and I love taking it on the go! I am looking forward to getting the new blushed nude when it comes to my area!

Really enjoy this palette. Good value, easy to mix and match. Small size, so you can stick it in your makeup bag to travel. I wear this palette a lot.

on 7/2/2015 2:16:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

This has pro's and con's..
I would like to give it 3.5/5.
Pro's

The shade selection is good. There are some very pretty colors. I especially like the very dark blue/black at the end of the palette along with the mid brown shades in the middle. All three of these shades have fab pigmentation. The price is also very reasonable for the amount of shadows you get. Nowhere near as expensive as the Naked Palettes and the other Urban Decay palettes on the market. Also this palette contains 12 shadows and is cheaper than one MAC eyeshadow and some of these shades are just as good quality in my opinion. The packaging is also handy. It's hard and solid and can easily fit into my handbag without breaking or taking up too much room.

Con's

Some of the shades (especially the lighter ones) aren't very pigmented at all and really need building up. The amount of product you get doesn't seem a lot and also a few of the shades are somewhat the same.

This palette will probably last me awhile nonetheless, although I do like this palette and it has some good features I probably wouldn't purchase again due to some of the shades just not been pigmented enough. I would probably purchase a few shades from this palette again individually.

Popular Palettes