Maybelline The Nudes

3.5

on 6/30/2015 4:19:00 AM

Terrible pigmentation. This is what happens when drugstore companies rush into the palette craze without putting thought and effort into making quality shadows. The only shades worth while are the two gold shades in this palette.

on 6/23/2015 8:39:00 PM

these neg reviews.. some r butt hurt cause they spend 50.00 for the UD palette so they want to say this is crap so they don't feel so screwed. the price and pigment is good colors are pretty there is a little fall out but it has lasted me all day. also the pans havent fell out like the UD palette does.I will buy again

on 6/19/2015 4:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

I really like that DS brands are finally making palettes. I reach for this when I'm in a hurry and don't have time to be careful. Quality, color, and tone selection is great for the price ($10)! Works best when you use a good primer! These shadows performed well for me. I have no complaints. I would actually buy another when I run out, for the same use or to throw in my bag-I really don't like carrying HE palettes around, unless they are travel sized, and I know that I can get another. I bought one for my 13 yo daughter. She really likes hers as well. I like that it has a dark brown and a black to use as a liner. Props to Maybelline! Would like to add that pigmentation actually got better the more it got used. The shadows get softer under the surface, especially the shimmers.

on 6/13/2015 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I've been wanting to dip my toe in the world of expanded eyeshadow palettes for some time but haven't felt moved to justify the pricetag of an Urban Decay Naked Palette, I also don't really like the bulky size of them. Enter Maybelline The Nudes. Here are my thoughts:

It's true that Maybelline eyeshadows aren't the BEST quality, but of all the drugstore brands, they are my favorite in this category. Applied over a primer, the majority show up beautifully and blend very nicely. I think this is a great starter palette of neutrals. It comes with a really clever application guide for suggested color combos as duos, trios, and quads. It's fun to experiment with and it's budget-friendly.

If anything, this palette has allowed me to explore a wide variety of neutral color combinations and discover what really works best for me. Now, if I want to, I can get the build-your-own quad palette from Urban Decay and fill it with colors I know I'll be happy to use on the daily. I would love it if Maybelline came out with something along the lines of that. They'd make a killing---they offer the best color and quality selection of the drugstore brands, imho. Revlon tried to create a build-your-own but from what I've read, the quality of that shadow range is pretty crappy. If only Maybelline had come up with that packaging gimmick instead, I would have been ALL OVER it. Whoops! Sorry, got on a tangent there.

Summary: Budget-friendly, must use with an eyeshadow primer, great starter palette of neutrals for seasoned makeup junkies and novices alike.

on 6/10/2015 12:39:00 PM

I was excited to try this product, but overall was disappointed buy the quality of the eye shadows.

Pros- Affordable
- Decent Packaging

Cons- Not pigmented
- Not easy to blend
- Lack of matte colors
- Color does not last long
- Shadow falls out

I would not recommend this product, the shadows lack pigmentation. To get the shadows to show any color on my face, I get my brush wet, and build the color. The shadow does not last, and falls out under my eyes, making it look like I have awful dark circles. If you are interested in an amazing nude palette, spend a little more. In theory this would be a great palette, but in reality it is not worth the money.

on 6/1/2015 1:00:00 PM

First of all, can we just celebrate the fact that drugstore brands are even coming out with these type of palettes? THANK YOU MAYBELLINE!!

Now, on to the product review.
If you are just getting into makeup, just getting into eyeshadows, want to mess around with looks but not shell out the cash for the highend palettes, this is around $10, you'll love this and its perfect for you.

Personally........
I liked the packaging, i liked all the different variety of nudes. I loved the IDEA of this palette But....
None of these shades looked right on me. I found them a bit chaulky, lots of fall out. The pigmentation was OK. I wish there were more matte's. I did like the one skin color type color for my under eye.

I also have the blushed nudes palette(available only at Walmarts) which i liked the color selection a tad more. However i've recently purchased L'Oreal's La Palettes 1 & 2 and i prefer them much more.

on 5/28/2015 3:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Maybe I had too high of an expectation, but I'm REALLY disappointed by this palette. Looking for a simple and natural everyday-go-to palette, I was pretty excited to try this out, but...
-the pigmentation on a lot of the shades are just so lacking
-oh the chalkiness
-like the pigmentation, staying power is non-existent...

It's still somehow buildable, but that defeats the purpose of a quick and easy look in the morning :/

Skin: Very Oily, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Lovely to look at in the kit. But, wearing it is a different story. The shadows have no staying power and don't apply well. I can get the same effect from eyeshadow from the 99 cent store. Disclaimer: I have oily skin.

Pigmentation. The pigmentation on these range from good to bad. The shimmery shades are pretty great, no problems there. The matte shades, however, leave much to be desired. If you don’t mind building the color on your eyes, though, it may not bother you so much.

Consistency. I was amazed by how chalky and dry some of these shades were. If you look in the swatch, the darkest color wouldn’t even swatch all the way down my arm, I had to dip my finger into the product a second time to get one smooth line.

Shades. The darkest and lightest shade in any palette is very important because it determines whether you’ll need any additional shadows to create a full look. The darkest shadow in this palette is very chalky, as mentioned above. The lightest shadow, at least on me, looks very frosty. It kind of creeps me out. The mid-toned shades and shimmery shades are pretty awesome, though.

www.AllTheBestBeauty.com

on 4/24/2015 7:44:00 PM

I love these colors. I don't have the UD palettes, so I can't comment on the pigments compared to those, but these are good for the price. You can really do some great looks from natural daytime to smokey without missing a beat. Given the enormous price difference, I would definitely buy this again!!!

Popular Palettes