November 24, 2014 | 1686 users online

Hair - Sebastian - Laminates shampoo and conditioner

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2010 5:14:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought the laminates conditioner at Marshalls for very cheap. It smelled nice and made my hair soft, but did nothing to keep moisture in or control frizz once it air-dried. My hair looked very frizzy and dull which I wasn't expecting since this is loaded with cones. Perhaps I need to try it with the matching shampoo to see if it works a bit better, but I probably will wait to finish the bottle. There are way better products out there that smooth the cuticle and give shine. I will not re-purchase this

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2010 10:45:00 AM More reviews by Emilek

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have a huge bottle of regular Sebastian Laminate conditioner.
It is a great every day conditioner. Don't expect miracles, it will not repair your ends or super moisturize your hair. What it will do is leave your hair smooth and shiny without weighting it down.
There are many strong treatments for hair, this conditioner is to use between them. I use it strong treatment once per week and this one for every other time. After a year I still love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2010 5:09:00 PM More reviews by Maddy60

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have thick, coarse, wavy hair and used to use the product before I had to start coloring my hair. This stuff was amazing, it made me hair soft, pliable, even my hairdresser wanted to know what I was using and was eager to buy some for herself.

Unfortunately, now that I color my hair, I really need moisture intense products, instead of smoothing products. The effect is just not the same.

So, if you don't color your hair and have heavy thick hair, I would highly recommend both the shampoo and conditioner.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2010 12:56:00 AM More reviews by susannapanna

I like this shampoo and conditioner. Really hydrates my dryish blonde waves. However, I find it can get a bit heavy, which is fine in the wintertime when I am trying to combat frizz, but I wouldn't use this in spring or summer.

Smells really nice and lasts forever.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2009 8:25:00 AM More reviews by elfelettem

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I'd heard great things about this range. I was happy with my routine but wanted to "splurge" with something on myself because it was my birthday. Unfortunately, I got the wrong advise regarding what would work on my hair, not sure if any of the range would but this certainly does NOT.

I have fine, straight, coloured (highlighted with semi over top) hair. These products cause my hair to be lank and greasy. Its too heavy for my hair.

Because of this I have to wash my hair daily with this and I only use the conditioner at the ends but it still doesn't work. Bizarrely although there is a lot of oil on my hair there is no shine, its all dull and horrid.

The final nail in the coffin is that this does not protect my colour as much as my previous shampoo and conditioner did.

I don't like leaving a bad review for a product which most probably isn't working for me solely because i chose the wrong product, but if you also have fine, coloured hair this might be the warning you need to save your money.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2009 10:01:00 PM More reviews by blondie7110

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Great shampoo and conditioner especially if you plan on straightening your hair. Light scent, but would be too heavy for someone with fine hair in my opinion. Helps achieve great shine and minimize frizziness and flyaways. If you are one of those individuals who wants to stay away from silicones this does contain a Silicone Complex. This is a wonderful shampoo and conditioner that delivers sleek results!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2008 3:01:00 AM More reviews by turkey2083

I LOVE THIS SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER!

It was recommended to me by a stylist nearly 2 years ago at ULTA when I had just cut my very fine hair pretty short and was having static problems. Like most shampoo/conditioner changes I was initially impressed, but what has kept me paying more than I'd like to for shampoo and conditioner is that this stuff really has improved the quality of my hair. It is soft, virtually tangle free and I haven't had static problems since I started using it. And I'm currently in San Diego, so it's really dry sometimes and I still don't have a static problem. This stuff is great and well worth it.

EDIT: I just found out they discontinued this line. :( :( :(

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2008 4:52:00 PM More reviews by mintyjulep

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My favorite shampoo and conditioner, and relatively affordable at the liter sales. Probably best for thick hair as the silicone can weigh down your hair (good for making clumpy ringlets). Both the shampoo and conditioner are great for detangling.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2007 12:32:00 PM More reviews by calisummer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a big fan of the REGULAR Sebastian Laminates shampoo and conditioner. (NOT the sheer version.) I was introduced to Sebastian Laminates about ten years ago after I made the mistake of having my hair chemically relaxed, then color treated a few weeks later. My hair was so brittle and literally breaking off. In total desperation, I bought this shampoo and conditioner to try to salvage my hair, and it truly, truly saved my hair...even making it soft and smooth, and healthy looking. I could not believe the difference. So, that experience sold me on this product. I do notice my results are not as good if I use it for long periods of time, so I tend to alternate it with the Kerastase products to keep my hair looking and feeling super silky.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2007 5:36:00 AM More reviews by prettiesnow

This is for the laminates sheer shampoo and conditioner and the laminates moisturising shine shampoo.

For the sheer series, I find it to be real good for limp rebonded hair as it doesn't weighs it down to make it flat. My hair was still pretty fluffy and light and airy but straight. However, it wasn't moisturising enough for me after I permed and rebonded it a few times.

So I switched to the moisturising shampoo and I'm in love with it. My hair doesn't tangled up that much after shampooing now, and it's very smooth and not so dry.