April 18, 2014 | 1782 users online

Fragrances - Coty - L'Aimant

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2013 3:44:00 PM More reviews by Tinabear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have this in the creamy skin range.
The smell is divine - like a more expensive brand (no.5) :)
plus the cream scent lasts a long time.
It comes in a black glass bottle so the light doesn't taint it.
My only gripe is - I just wish this came in a bigger size ha.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2011 2:00:00 PM More reviews by Lisaandtheword

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Well-made floral w depth. It didn't seem that musky or dirty to me, more for a fancy garden party. The aldehydic feel is nice but the floral/fruit mix in this one is too sweet soprano for me. Instead of "old lady" I get overly comforting, like too many pillows, lol ..or having to dress in dress & white gloves sometimes as a kid, too stuffy for me. Also, it does seem pretty close to Chanel No5 in flavor, & would be hard for me to wear for that reason.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2010 6:43:00 PM More reviews by msm4slm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I agree with the reviewers who liken L'Aimant, at least in vintage version, to L'Heure Bleue. It definitely is more a powdery floral and very much in that genre. I haven't seen or tried L'Aimant recently (since the 70's). After smelling Emeraude recently, I'm afraid I'd only be disappointed to find a cheap reformulation.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2009 8:35:00 PM More reviews by 9154mf

If I hate one fragrance, it is Chanel No 5. In my opinion it is pukeworthy and I instantly want to run from anyone else who is wearing it also. L'aimant DOES remind me of No.5 but it's like the sweeter younger sister of No.5. I am not a fan of aldehydes in the least but this is gently caressed with soft powder and very subtle fruit/floral notes that it remains wearable. That said, I only bought this cos it was cheap and because I'm so curious, I really don't think it's 'me' and no matter how nice it is, I never do powdery florals well, there is always an 'old lady' connotation for me and if I can sense it Im guessing others will too and I don't want to give off that impression. I also doubt that many guys would find this sexy, I think they would also associate this with an old lady smell.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2008 6:23:00 PM More reviews by staci01

Being that I'm not a fan of no.5 I'm surprised that I like L'Aimant. What smells like sandalwood and maybe peach really pops out and it's nice. This is not something though that I'd wear on a regular basis cause it smells rather dated. The bottle I have looks like it's from the 70's and so I'm not sure if it's mutated from lack of care. Maybe I'm not getting the best representation of this but what I have is nice.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2008 8:48:00 PM More reviews by Gretchen76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Maybe I tried this at the wrong time of year when I wore it last summer. I didn't get any floral or powder notes- it ended up smelling very animalic and musky on me. I don't mean sexy, either, more like unclean musk. Even my sister noticed it- I could tell by the look on her face. I happily gave my bottle to Salvation Army!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2007 6:28:00 PM More reviews by allegro_barbaro

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Ahhhh L'Aimant. How late I learned to love thee!!!!!!! Warm floral and soft power, it is my ultimate comfort scent. I have the skin cream perfume and the parfum de toilette. While I prefer the former the latter is still a knockout. Unfortunately it is getting harder to find as all that sugary confectionary dross fills the shelves.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2007 6:26:00 AM More reviews by luckylouie

Ahh the sweet smell of cheap soap mixed with insect repellant. Unfortunately that is what L'aimant smells like on me. It's a shame, because on paper the notes should suit me and it smells good on other people, but I've been testing it once a year for over 20 years and the result is always the same - bug spray and cheap soap.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2007 7:23:00 PM More reviews by tessture

This will not work on everyone. I love L'Heure Bleue, but the powdery notes sometimes overwhelm and if you don't like powder, then don't try L'Aimant, because it has L'Heure Bleue's tenancies towards little old lady/little girl powdery dry down and then some. I used to wear this as a child and loved it, but now the lemony notes don't work on me. It wears it's age with quite distinction, but I suspect there's a crocheted collar on this dress. Try it: You can't lose for the price.

Notes gleaned off the internet: Floral aldehyde with peach, bergamot, and strawberry. Mid: rose, jasmine, and ylang-ylang Base: vanilla, sandalwood, and vetiver (Not sure if this is gospel, but I can smell alot of these notes in the brew.)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2006 1:00:00 PM More reviews by newproducts

I agree with perfumefanatic's assessment that this is more reminiscent of L'Heure Bleue than No.5, at least in the beginning. On first spritz, it is very like the EDP of L'Heure Bleue, without the prominent and sweet anise note of that scent. However, a little later, and especially up close, a lemony note emerges, and the soft but piquant citrus and the smooth and almost fluffy powder of florals and aldehydes on a bed of understated vanilla and sandalwood create a lemon meringue-like effect. This is not a gourmand fragrance a la many of the fruity-floral-cupcake scents flooding the market today. The lemon meringue here is abstract, and L'Aimant is very much a soft oriental floral. It is less dense and more sparkling than L'Heure Bleue, and I think those who have trouble wearing L'Heure Bleue may have an easier time with L'Aimant. It is also an inexpensive alternative since it can be had at most discount sites for less than $10.
Update (10/19/06)I think the aldehydes in this do not agree with me. Certain aldehydic fragrances make me nauseous, and this, unfortunately is one of them. If not for that, this is a beauty. Thankfully, I can still wear the more elegant L'Heure Bleue.