October 21, 2014 | 1816 users online

Hair - Conair - Styling Essentials Grooming Brush

rated 4.0(1 review)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2014 9:44:00 PM More reviews by Clover04750

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This brush boasts that it is a 100% boar bristle brush. I purchased it for about $6 at Walmart. The packaging prevented customers from using it in the store, which I really like, and the bristles felt soft when I examined them on the shelf. I have a sensitive scalp, but my stylist recommended I buy a boar bristle brush for frizz and dry ends, so I figured this was the best one to try.

This brush has different levels of bristles, which makes it more gentile on the scalp. While it did do a wonderful job of distributing sebum from scalp to ends, using the brush was extremely time-consuming because the brush is rather small. I believe that it would work best for thinner and/or shorter hair.

I'm going to give this brush to my mother because her hair isn't as thick and long as mine. This is a good brush. It's just not made for long thick hair. I would not recommend this brush to friends with thick, wavy, or curly hair, but I would recommend it to friends with short and/or thinner hair because it does do an amazing job at redistributing natural oils.