October 25, 2014 | 1334 users online

Styling Products - Redken - Smooth Lock Heat Glide protective smoother

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2014 1:17:00 PM More reviews by alypagz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like this product better than the original smooth down heat glide. This gives my hair a nice polished frizz free look and a little weight at the ends which I need to keep the frizz in control. I find my hair is much less greasy and stringy even on day two with this product. It really does a good job of taking the dry straw look and feel out. You only need a small amount. I rub it in my hands and then apply to hair. I think if you use to much you could be disappointed, but I am not sure since I only need a pump or two. I use it on both damp and dry hair. I hope they continue to make this one!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2014 12:15:00 PM More reviews by playboy_mommy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is essentially the same product as Redken Smooth Down, which has been discontinued.
I found Smooth Down hard to work with back in the day, and Smooth Lock heat glide is no different.

It's too dense and syrupy to distribute evenly. I have very thick, wavy shoulder length hair, and the recommended 1 -2 pumps doesn't come close to enough for all my hair.
But because the product is SO heavy anything more than 2-3 pumps is overkill and make my hair look greasy. When using it on toweled dried hair, its very difficult to tell how much you've applied, because 1-2 drops will disappear into just one section of hair. There's no happy medium with this product.
Using it on dry hair to tame fly always doesn't work, again the texture is just too heavy and syrupy. it leaves my palms coated in it. This could be a great product if they made it less dense and easier to emulsify. For now, it's the least used styling product when I straighten my hair.