September 23, 2014 | 1922 users online

Lips - Almay - Amazing Lasting Lip Color

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2008 1:05:00 AM More reviews by raynie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i bought it when its on sale, just half price so i think i can get a try. really not that surprised, kinda disappointed caz i feel that i chose the wrong shade. its ok, 4 dollars is not that a big deal. and it doesnt last really long actually.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2007 5:12:00 AM More reviews by Nerfume

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Though I can appreciate that Almay's Amazing Lasting Lip Color can be drying, for some reason this lipstick works beautifully on me. It's my favorite drug store lipstick. Almay's is the only tube lipstick I've tried that glides for easy, accurate application, doesn't require 2 coats for true color and excellent coverage, and stays put all day.

Despite its lasting properties, I've found that it doesn't stain your lips or your skin if you wobble a little and go outside your lipline. It does "dry" after a few minutes so that it barely budges throughout the day, but it still allows for those initial few minutes of "perfecting" time that I, at least, as a clumsy, non-morning person require when getting ready in the morning!

So, my "pro" list:

- Glides on very smoothly.
- Doesn't dry immediately, enabling re-touches or adjustments.
- Color stays fresh and true all day -- no darkening or bleeding.
- Not moisturizing per se, but makes my lips feel as though I have a primer on them. Hard for me to describe correctly, but it lends a sort of "slip" like dimethicone -- and also covers up any dryness or flakiness without clumping or darkening in the cracks.
- Very long wearing -- easily 10 hrs. w/out touch ups for me. Usually stays on right through meals.

Con:

- Not moisturizing, could be drying on some people
- No longer available in stores, at least near me! It's the I-Love-This-Lipstick-Jinx. I've bought my recent tubes from Ebay.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2004 1:46:00 PM More reviews by KaiteKins

I just picked this up at my local Dollar Tree. It is in a similar tube ti the Stay Smooth Anti-Chap lip color except its silver. It is also missing that minty feel so many other Almay lip products have. The color i have is Whoopee and it is a medium berry- red on my lips. It is very pigmented, ( it is a lipstick after all.), and for those of you who like lipsticks you should give it a chance.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2002 10:56:00 AM More reviews by redmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Bought it in Glaze. Went on nice and smoothe and really didn't budge that easily. Didn't really moisurize, but its not really ment to. Good for the money.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2002 9:13:00 AM More reviews by nakobear

I have this in Raisin and wasn't too impressed. It does go on smoothly, but after awhile it made my lips feel really dried out. The color was really pretty though.