September 30, 2014 | 1091 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Conair - Conair Instant Heat Travel Hairsetter

rated 4.0(1 review)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2014 8:15:00 PM More reviews by Callque

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I had become too lazy to fix my hair everyday but really missed the body and smoothness that heat styling would provide. I have waist-length hair with medium thickness and was surprised that I can roll all of my hair with these rollers. It literally takes me 5 minutes to roll my hair and I get to have Victoria Secret hair and then Kate Middleton-esque hair by the end of the day.

Hereís what I do:
1) Heat rollers for about 5 minutes (anything more will burn my hair and fingers).
2) Replace the clips with claw clips from Dollar Tree (you get 2 for $1). These will help support the hair better, wonít make those weird dents and lets the heat penetrate through the whole roll of hair.
3) Roll and clip dry hair (I do three on top of my head through the center and then one on each side).
4) Put a shower cap on top of the rollers. This helps support their weight, insulate the curls, and keeps them out of your face so you can apply your makeup and get ready.
5) Leave on until the rollers are cool. I leave them on for about 20 minutes, but 30 are ideal for me. I donít use hairspray though, so if you do, you will probably only need about 15 minutes.
6) Remove rollers and donít touch them for a few minutes. After, gently scrunch the roots and fluff the ends as little as possible.

It sounds like a lot but I can do my whole head in 5 minutes and taking them out takes less than 2. It is so easy I find myself doing it daily (my hair still has body and curled ends when I wake up on the 2nd day but I prefer to refresh the curls) when I would normally only fix my hair for special occasions. However, this has many design flaws if you want to use it for travel.

- There is a small tub for pins to go in but they only come with these white clips that they gave no bag for and that will take up unnecessary room in a suitcase.
- The unit has a pedestal that takes up valuable luggage space.
- I donít think the plastic lid or clips will last long.

It does have a converter on the bottom though.

I bought this at Target for around $20 and they also sell it on Amazon for a similar price. These are great for women who donít like to spend time to fix their hair but DO like the results.

I added a picture of the claw clips I use. The more plastic to cover the outside of the hair the better.