Boucheron Place Vendome

3.5

on 9/5/2014 10:24:00 AM

For some reason this reminds me of Grace Kelly. Feminine, sparkling, tender, welcoming. Not necessarily super attractive or flirtatious but beautiful. She's head to toe beautiful. A well-mannered, sophisticated woman. Not really a girl, not an attention seeker. But you can't miss her. She's enchanting.

on 7/4/2014 2:07:00 PM

I received a sample of this, and I was pleasantly surprised as I had overlooked Boucheron for many years.

Initially this is a light, sweet floral, airy and lightweight fragrance, but soon develops a woody depth. I detect a hint of honey, and also of cedar which stops it being overwhelmingly feminine. It's not a foody scent, or a generic sweet fragrance which seem to be popular right now. This is a fragrance for a sophisticated woman, not a young girl.

The faceted glass bottle is simple yet beautiful, and deserves to be on display.

Saying all this though, I wouldn't necessarily go out of my way to buy this. It's a nice fragrance but it's not something so unique that it turns heads. It's also expensive for something that's nothing too special and for those reasons I won't be buying it.

From Fragrantica:
It opens with fresh and sparkling pink pepper which illuminates delicate orange blossom and rose essence. Jasmine petals develop in their full floral potential in the heart of the perfume, together with peony enriched with golden traces of creamy honey. The base notes include elegant cedar and sensual benzoin.

Popular Fragrances