Boucheron Place Vendome

on 4/25/2015 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Place Vend˘me is so beautiful. It reminds me of how perfumes used to smell when they were distinctively "perfume". The topnotes to me are honey and orange blossom...and they are enchanting. On my skin this smells new and exciting...yet deeply familiar. I can't yet place what this is remindng me of...Safari perhaps? I know there's a strong rose note, but my nose doesn't tell my brain "rose" here. I sense orange blossom throughout, with a tinge of peony. The wear begins with honey-powder, and dries down to praline blended with benzoin. Love it.

The overall look and feel of Place Vend˘me is that of an elegant French perfume (which it is, of course).The thick, padded glass bottle with a bejeweled gold cap makes a gorgeous boudoir piece. Place Vend˘me is really a standout to me out of all the new fragrance releases I've tried since 2013.

I guessed that Olivier Cresp had something to do with the exquisite blend of musky and sweet...and I was correct.

on 9/5/2014 10:24:00 AM

For some reason this reminds me of Grace Kelly. Feminine, sparkling, tender, welcoming. Not necessarily super attractive or flirtatious but beautiful. She's head to toe beautiful. A well-mannered, sophisticated woman. Not really a girl, not an attention seeker. But you can't miss her. She's enchanting.

on 7/4/2014 2:07:00 PM

I received a sample of this, and I was pleasantly surprised as I had overlooked Boucheron for many years.

Initially this is a light, sweet floral, airy and lightweight fragrance, but soon develops a woody depth. I detect a hint of honey, and also of cedar which stops it being overwhelmingly feminine. It's not a foody scent, or a generic sweet fragrance which seem to be popular right now. This is a fragrance for a sophisticated woman, not a young girl.

The faceted glass bottle is simple yet beautiful, and deserves to be on display.

Saying all this though, I wouldn't necessarily go out of my way to buy this. It's a nice fragrance but it's not something so unique that it turns heads. It's also expensive for something that's nothing too special and for those reasons I won't be buying it.

From Fragrantica:
It opens with fresh and sparkling pink pepper which illuminates delicate orange blossom and rose essence. Jasmine petals develop in their full floral potential in the heart of the perfume, together with peony enriched with golden traces of creamy honey. The base notes include elegant cedar and sensual benzoin.

Popular Fragrances