August 22, 2014 | 1812 users online

Foundations - L'Oreal - Visible Lift Blur Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2014 8:00:00 PM More reviews by Kw153028

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation after seeing it hyped up on youtube. I thought it was cool because it has this interesting gel like texture, but I soon realized it was a major fail. Price: I bought mine for about $13 and I have it seen it as much as $16, which is very pricey for a drugstore foundation and I don't think it is worth the price tag. You could save some money and buy something way better like l'oreal true match or true match lumi. Shade selection: the shade range is very poor. They don't really have any dark shades. On the face: I have normal to dry skin and as soon as I put it on it clings to my dry patches and looks very patchy and cakey.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2014 3:36:00 AM More reviews by annafefifofanna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I picked this up on whim because of the pretty packaging and because it appeared to be more of a cream foundation rather than a liquid and I've been really digging creams lately.

Upon application, my first impression was that it looked OK. It was not the coverage I expected from a cream (usually medium to full coverage), this definitely has light to light/medium coverage. But it had the nice satin finish you get with creams. Definitely was NOTHING next to my Laura Mercier Silk Creme foundation.

As for my experience with this foundation, it just really didn't work for me. It was very smeary on application and did not have the desired coverage I wanted. I don't think it did any "blurring" as it suggests, I found it accentuated lines and pores a little more than the average foundation. But I bought it for over $10 which is pricey for drugstore imo, so I thought it was OK enough that I was wearing it to work for a while.

The biggest reason I am done using this foundation & would not recommend it is because it has terrible lasting power. After a couple of hours at work I would check my makeup and it really looked dreadful. At my nose bridge, around my nostrils, and my chin, the foundation had separated A LOT- making my face look splotchy, dry, and obvious I was wearing make-up. I know many foundations separate a least a little bit, but I am not exaggerating this one did it probably the worst. Most of the makeup looked as if it had rubbed off. By the time I would come home it basically looked like I had taken a nap with my foundation on (I know from experience lol,) And I did wear this with a primer underneath & set it with powder.

I had been alternating between this and the L'oreal True Match Lumi liquid foundation. And although for me that foundation isn't that fantastic either, it still doesn't separate as much and lasts longer than this one.

All in all, I expected better from this foundation, and for the price I think there are much better drugstore options. I suggest you pass.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2014 8:25:00 PM More reviews by PinkFloyd06

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I thought I'd give this product a try as I have a few acne pock marks on my cheeks and tend to go for products that are useful for wrinkles, as those ingredients usually help minimize their appearance.

First off, the color selection is very poor. Secondly, this product was completely off my face about 3 hours after I applied it. This is definitely not for people with oily skin. I did notice a fuller appearance in the few pock marks I have, because the product is full of silicone which "fills in" wrinkles and pock marks. However, overall, it made my already oil skin look even oilier and had no staying power at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2014 5:51:00 AM More reviews by MikaVick94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i always tend to use "age rewind" products although i may not need it yet but for the benifit of the moisturizing cuz of my dry skin...this is a good foundation but not great, a little exspensive as well. i love the packaging easy to use. but something about this makes me use it off and on..maybe the silicone? but even on my dry areas this made me a little shiny through out the work day. i wouldnt recomend for oily skin but dry/normal might like this. the coverage is light but you can build. overall a nice product but do not see repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2014 8:31:00 PM More reviews by underage

I thought I liked this foundation but after wearing it for a full day I definitely changed my mind. It looks great at first. It's lighweight but has decent coverage and gives a nice glow. It looks very natural on my normal/dry skin. After a few hours though it looks like I have nothing on my face!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2014 11:21:00 PM More reviews by Davjeda

Looks great for about one min. Light coverage. End of day, it looked like my blush an bronzes slide down my face and it was blotchy.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2014 5:12:00 AM More reviews by tiffloser

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Light-medium coverage and gives a very dewy finish. Not a whole lot of color selection. The tube packaging is very convienient, but the foundation is very runny, and I found it difficult to apply. It kind of just sat on my face and transferred a lot. Foundations typically don't cause me to break out, but this stuff gave me major breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 8:57:00 PM More reviews by jfull

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just joined this site to review this great product. It is great for any crease-type wrinkles. I have tried so many other products that always emphasize wrinkles rather than minimize them. I would compare this to Bare Essentials new liqud foundation at 1/3 the price.
I am glad I can finally stop the try out... return cycle that I've been on. Ive tried tinted sunscreens, BB creams, CC creams. If you want a nice light foundation ,spf 18, for normal skin this is great especially for those over 50!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2014 4:41:00 PM More reviews by NikkiBri88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Where do I begin? Well, I should've listened to the reviews and not purchased this foundation, but regardless, it was new and intrigued me.

First off, I only wore this yesterday, and that's the only day I needed to wear it to figure out how I felt about this foundation. For starters, it is pretty expensive for a drug store foundation (I bought mine at Walmart for $12.97) and have seen it in various drug stores ranging from $14.99-$16.49.

The shade selection is very minimal. The lighter shades have mostly pink undertones (from what I could see) and I would consider my skin tone light/medium and found that shade Nude Beige fit me pretty well; but still there's not much of a shade selection.

The packaging is in a tube form, which doesn't bother me at all. I like foundations that come in a tube form or a pump form, that way you can control the amount of product that is coming out.

The texture of this foundation is a gel like, mousse like consistency, but didn't feel heavy on the skin, which I liked. I would say this foundation is sheer, light coverage. Usually, I go for more fuller coverage foundations (I don't have acne, just a bit of redness) and just enjoy the look of a fuller coverage foundation as opposed to something that is light.

Upon applying it, I used a beauty blender and I will say that, it is buildable, but not by much. I loved the way it applied at first. It evened out my skin tone and did cover some of the redness, but not quite all. I have normal to dry skin, and I did notice that this foundation did cling to some of the dry patches on my skin. I noticed it on my forehead and around my nose. It didn't give me a complete matte finish, but didn't give me a dewy finish either. I did wear a primer underneath, set the foundation with powder (as I usually would), and finished everything off with a setting spray. I applied this around 930AM, and noticed by the 5th hour of the day that the makeup was started to separate. I chose not to touch up, and soon enough, 12 hours later, the makeup was mostly off of my face.

I know that the reviews said it was a light/medium coverage foundation, but honestly, I would consider this just a light foundation. If you are someone that enjoys BB creams, doesn't have problem skin (acne prone, redness, other facial imperfections) ,is using this foundation to strictly even out skin tone and isn't looking for long wear out of the product; I would recommend this to you.

As for myself, the price point and the coverage, just isn't for me. I would not repurchase this foundation again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2014 12:43:00 PM More reviews by linds1985miller

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

at first i wasnt too about this foundation. the coverage is light to medium at best and it is a bit pricey for drug store make up. if used alone, it does have a slightly heavy silicon feel but the silicon is what "blurs" the imperfections. i have found a way to apply n set this foundation so the results are nice. i apply with a make up sponge...blotting n blending. then i BLOT a powder on top to set it. the powder absorbs the alot of the silicon n leaves a nice finish that wont rub off. applying this way...i do love the foundation.