February 27, 2015 | 1042 users online

Foundations - L'Oreal - Visible Lift Blur Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 2/3/2015 1:41:00 AM More reviews by skylalavigne

I HATE THIS!!!! THIS IS TERRIBLE!!!! when i try to blend it out, it streaks EVERYWHERE and i know its not my elf powder brush because i use hit with plenty of other foundations and it never happens with those, its a medium consistency, and has extremely sheer coverage. this clung to dry patches i didn't even know I HAD! (not exaggerating!!!) this is the most awful foundation ive ever tried. luckily, i didn't waste my money in it because it was gifted to me

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2015 5:05:00 AM More reviews by FallGlimmerSparkleFade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I bought this foundation about month ago and it has easily become one of my favorite (current/not discontinued or unable to find) drugstore foundations.
The plastic tube packaging is preferable to me over glass packaging, so if I need to throw it in my purse I don't need to worry about the bottle busting or a pump going renegade in my makeup bag (just make sure the cap is twisted on tightly! No problems yet with spillage or mess, just being proactive).
The coverage is not too heavy, but is creamy enough that it is buildable whether with a brush, Beauty Blender or just one's fingers. The finished look is almost flawless and any skin imperfections are literally blurred away; assuming one's skin is not completely overrun with deep wrinkles, etc.
I will probably stick with this foundation as my "go-to," despite my love to experiment.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2015 6:17:00 PM More reviews by lolarica

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this on a whim because I'd heard good things about it. First of all, I LOVE the way this applies--it's so siliconey, smooth and lightweight and is just as non-streaky applied with fingers as with a brush. It does have a blurring effect (again, due to the silicone) and I find that it doesn't cling to dry/flakey patches, which is a huge problem for me when it comes to foundations. Concealer, powder, etc. blend well on top of it.
It definitely can get a little oily/greasy after about a half day of wear, but I kind of like that--since it doesn't separate, it just makes my skin look dewier (but I realize this isn't for everyone!). I also don't notice any oxidization, although the shade I have (Creamy Natural; I'm NW20-ish) I think is a teensy bit dark and I might fare better with the next lighter shade. However, the color match is not a deal-breaker since it's light/medium coverage and so easily blendable.

I would NOT recommend this for anyone:
1. With oily skin
2. Who doesn't like a dewy look
3. Who doesn't like a siliconey feel and/or has a bad reaction to silicones (thankfully, they don't seem to break me out)
To the first point, i probably won't be wearing this much during the summer since my skin is much oiler then. But as a foundation for those drier skinned months, I really like this.

Lastly, beware the packaging. Although I love the idea/portability of a plastic squeeze tube, the fact that this is such a light-textured foundation means it gets EVERYWHERE if you're not careful. To counteract this, I store it top-facing-up when I'm at home, and if I'm traveling I'm always careful to tap the product back down into the end of the tube before squeezing it out. This seems to work fine but unfortunately I had to learn the hard way. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2014 11:03:00 PM More reviews by allyson85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I do enjoy the texture of this foundation when it is first applied. It blends super easy into the skin and it give a light coverage with one layer. It blends nicely with concealer as well. I have yellow undertones in my skin so finding a shade is a bit difficult since most of them lean pink. When I am self tanned with a more red based tanner I can wear a different shade. More then one layer however on my oily skin and it all goes down hill. It looks nice for about 2 hours and then OILY face happens even with a primer. With more than one layer its slips all over the place even with powder. It is feels like it has a ton of silicone in it so it always felt like you had something on your face even with just one layer buffed in. It might work for dry skin but not anything really dry. I've used this when my skin was flakey but I am assuming it would look terrible. The tube is great because you will be able to get every last bit out if you liked it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2014 9:58:00 AM More reviews by kyleeje

Honestly this has been the best foundation I've ever tried so far, i have very oily skin and no matter what foundation i use i still battle the oil, but coverage wise and texture is hg for this foundation. It blends soo smooth and feels so light weight, all while having great pigmentation!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/15/2014 1:23:00 PM More reviews by aprildaisymay

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

After giving this several tries with various primers. etc, and viewing it on my skin in bright daylight, I'm disappointed to report that it was 1. Greasy 2. Orange. I removed it right away, so I did not keep it on and so did not find out whether or not, over the course of the day, it would have become even more greasy and more orange but I am pretty sure it wasn't going to improve.I washed my face and started over with a more reliable product.
I've liked some of L'Oreal's recent foundations, which is why I took a chance spending the $$$ on this. If it works for some, great! For my gently aging oily/combo skin, I will not be using or re-purchasing this product. PS Also hated the Visible Lift Blur Concealer...-too light, slippery, chalky. FWIW.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/14/2014 9:35:00 PM More reviews by yaya49

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Easily the WORST FOUNDATION I've ever tried, it was chalky , dry , uneven on my skin, so impossible to work with, even though I wasn't leaving the house I just had to wipe it off, I'll never be using it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/8/2014 9:55:00 AM More reviews by Yvetteski

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Nothing to recommend about this foundation. I should not keep falling for these over-hyped claims. The coverage is poor, there is no discernable benefit to my fine lines. A waste of $12+. On the plus side, I like the tube as I need not worry about breakage and it also fits into a makeup bag easily. Too bad I don't want to bother applying it. My last 3 foundation purchases from L'Oreal have been losers. How about more effort on formulation and less on marketing?

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2014 5:48:00 PM More reviews by RWillson

This is awful. Total waste of money. I have some large pores. After applying the product it got down in the pores and it looked like I had dots all over my face.
I tried it with different moisturizers, even tried primer from Benefit. Still the dots. I also tried putting Bare Minerals makeup over it, but you could still see the dots through it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2014 7:43:00 AM More reviews by Sewpercee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

First of all, if you have oily skin, you will definitely not like this. It is a dry-skin girl's dream.

The coverage is sheer to light and very easy to apply and blend. It's almost like a tinted moisturizer because it hydrates beautifully and doesn't highlight any of my multiple dry patches. I wouldn't go so far as to go without moisturizer with this because it doesn't have the same replenishing skin care ingredients, but I can skip the primer.

If I have to walk the dogs or just run to the store, I take literally 2 minute to smooth this on to my face and I'm ready to go. If I have an extra 2 minutes to spare, I also apply some of the Visible Lift Blur concealer under my eyes and the Blur Blush on my cheeks. A great trio of products.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No