July 26, 2014 | 1872 users online

Foundations - L'Oreal - Visible Lift Blur Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2014 6:12:00 PM More reviews by mhutch79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was hoping this would be a good option/alternative to bb creams and would be something I could throw on and go. I can as it provides light coverage and contains spf 18. I was also hoping that this would work so I wouldn't have to use my high end foundations for errand running days, you know? However, I hate this foundation and here is why:

This is pure silicone crap. Seriously. It contains at least 3 forms of silicone. So this is not for oily skin. I have normal skin and it feels like a goopy mess as its just sitting on my skin. Plus if I rub my face, it comes off. To be fair, I have a general hatred for heavily silicone products. I don't like the way they make my skin feel. If you didn't like L'Oreals BB creams, you most likely will not like this one either. I tried one and found it to be silicone heavy too.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2014 7:21:00 AM More reviews by hopetonou

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this product but it does sit in my pores and leaves white dots. I have to blend really well. Coverage is not great I mixed in my Tarte A. clay foundation since the texture and feel are similar. I only used the Tarte were I need more coverage. It will be great for people with minor flaws.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2014 2:09:00 AM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

My rating is at a 3 because I can see others liking it where I didn't. It's over all an okay foundation but I found myself mixing in some Kat Von D Lock-it foundation to try to get more coverage. I like full coverage though. So if you're looking for a foundation with light to medium coverage this is for you. I have olive undertones and usually prefer yellow undertoned foundation. I think it depends on the shade you grab but the one I grabbed had more of a neutral undertone. I am acne prone and didn't have too many problems with this breaking me out. But!! Beware this is full of silicones. I also have combination skin and work in an environment that truly puts my foundation to the test. While this wasn't perfect at the end of the day, it held up okay and was still there.

I won't be re-purchsing this and will probably return both the concealer and foundation to Ulta. Other wise it'll just sit in a drawer until I get bored of my current foundation and retry it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 10:16:00 PM More reviews by juliawilson22

I really really am in love with this foundation! I normally hate products with silicone because I feel like they slide off but this is fantastic. It has really good staying power (not better than Revlon color stay, though) and it makes my skin look flawless. I don't think the shade range is very good at all though. If you are a woman of color I do not see this working for you. I am very tan and bought the darkest shade. (Still a white girl though lol) the undertones seemed warm or neutral to me so like I said, women of color.... May not work. That was the only thing I really disliked about the foundation because it's great but limited. A little pricey for drugstore too, but still better than dept store pricing!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2014 7:41:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

As usual with American - made foundations (high end or not) this is LOADED with silicones. No wonder it makes some people look shiny in no time! Also, if you are oily AND acne-prone, you're really risking breaking out something fierce (although I know there are some O/AP skinned people who would rather cut off their arm than admit this fact about 'cones).

I am patiently waiting for this 'cones craze to die out. Could the cosmetics industry give 'cones a rest, already?

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2014 3:08:00 PM More reviews by XFactorGlory

First off, I have combination skin. I get incredibly dry on my chin and mouth area but ultra oily on the tops of my cheeks and forehead. This foundation applies like a dream with a sponge. I've tried it with my fingers and a buffing brush but I prefer to use it with my real techniques sponge, and the effect in incredible. Its light coverage, but it looks like my natural skin but 10x better. It doesn't cover all of my redness or my active breakouts but I didn't really expect it to. It blurs my pores just like it says.

However, the reason I'm taking one lippie off is because after only a few hours, I'm super oily on my cheeks and forehead. My dry patches look fine, so I'm guessing that this would be awesome for people with dry skin. If you have oily skin, don't even bother. Also, if you live in a very humid area, don't waste your money. If I start sweating then its all over, it just melts off my face. I have other foundations that aren't as natural looking but they last even when I start sweating and they don't make me oily ofter a few hours, so I probably won't repurchase this. I'm guessing that this will work better for me when winter comes around and my skin gets dry again, so I'll definitely hang onto it and see how it turns out.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2014 12:45:00 PM More reviews by jmarie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I returned this after the first try. I will give most products at least a fighting chance, but not this one. I'm dry and sensitive with some "lines of wisdom" around my eyes.

I used this product over L'Oreal day/night perfecting cream (love this). It just kind of sat there settling in my lines and pores. I smoothed it out with a sponge, which helped, but every time I checked on it, there it was caked up again.

After a couple hours I was VERY glowy and greasy feeling.

This sounded so perfect, but was not for me. I also tried the new blush, which was OK, but not great enough to keep

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2014 6:11:00 AM More reviews by hdow2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tried this foundation yesterday. I've been on a drugstore foundation hunt lately and so far this foundation is the one I'm the most impressed with. My number one challenge with foundations is I am a yellow/neutral tone, which means maybelline and cover girl are out for me. The look too orange and pink on me and are usually too dark for my skin tone. I also have acne and not once a month....more like one pops up everyday (sometimes cystic). I tried the visible lift blur on my arm for a whole day and it didn't break my arm out (a good sign). I wore it to work the next day (I'm a gym teacher so I am very active during the day) and it didn't budge (reminder: I am drier than the Sahara desert). It was actually very moisturizing, not cakey, and I could smile without it cracking around my lips. It matched my skin tone better than any other brand I've tried (including Revlon, Almay....only other brand that comes close to my skin tone). It doesn't cover major flaws but no other foundation does without looking bumpy and caked up. I didn't set with powder because I have dry skin. I use a neutral blush that sets it rather nicely. It comes in a toothpaste tube, which is hygienic and it is a creamy/whipped texture that I love. It comes off easily with soap and water(something that benefits my acne....no hard scrubbing). I got it at Target, which is the only place that carries it so far. It was $12.00, I believe. It is definitely more pigmented than a tinted moisturizer, but it isn't full coverage like Revlon colorstay(which btw makes me look like a chalky mess). This would be perfect for summer!!!!