L'Oreal Visible Lift Blur Foundation

3.2

(Active Ingredient : Octinoxate 7.5%) -------------------- Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein/PVP Crosspolymer, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Methylparaben, Lycium Barbarum (Goji) Fruit Extract, Acrylates Copolymer, Potassium Sorbate, Ethylparaben, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Panthenol, PEG-9, Aluminium Hydroxide, Citric Acid, Sodium PCA, Urea, Trehalose, Polyquaternium-51, Soluble Collagen, Sodium Hyaluronate +/- (CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77019/Mica)

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is my on-the-go summer foundation, when all I want is a light sheen to even out my skin tone. It blends beautifully over my sunscreen and just illuminates my skin while blurring out any imperfections. I like my complexion to look natural and dewy when I have a light tan, and this does just that. I've found applying it with a slightly damp beauty blender gives best results.

on 6/8/2015 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I haven't used a high end foundation in about 10 years. You're getting this review from a purely drugstore foundation user.

The first time I used this product I didn't like it. I used a Sephora foundation brush to apply it and I used a mattifying primer underneath. It made my dry patches stand out and it sat in the huge pores of nose and cheeks. I was also living in a very dry and cold climate. At the end of the day, it smeared off of the oilier parts of my face.

I moved to a warmer and more humid climate and surprisingly enough it performed better. I used the Meaningful Beauty Antioxidant Day Cream (SPF 22) as a primer. I then made sure I shook the bottle to mix the foundation well. I applied by dotting the foundation all over my face, especially over the hyperpigmentation scars. I then used a dry Beauty Blender (knock-off) to pat it into my skin. This gave me a nice airbrushed effect. The pores and crows feet ( I'm 41 yo), were significantly diminished. I applied L'Oreal Targeted Dark spot concealer under my eyes. I then patted on the e.l.f. high definition finishing powder to set the make-up. Lastly, I sprayed the e.l.f. Makeup Mist & Set over my entire face and neck. The setting spray really made the makeup last. Barely any shine came through on my T-zone. Make-up applied at 6:30 am. At about 4 pm it is still in place. It did not smear on the oily parts of my face.

The consistency makes it easy to apply and is buildable. You can reapply in the middle of the day. I have used this foundation about 6 times now. It has not caused any breakouts or irritation. When I was not setting the foundation with powder and spray, it did transfer more onto my cell phone and clothes. With the spray, no transfer noticed. I accidentally bought a color that was a little too light. If it did oxidize, I did not notice.

It is expensive for a drugstore foundation. This is why only two lippies for price. I took one lippie off on overall rating because it didn't last as long on it's own. I needed to set it with powder and setting spray.

I tried #206 natural beige, it was a good match for my skin tone, and that is the best thing i can say about this foundation. I was really hoping for more. I have combination skin and this was oily/shiny within 2 hours, I could also "feel" it on my skin and for me that is a huge drawback. It is very lightweight, goes on smoothly but with very little coverage, I noticed no blurring at all. So glad I tried it at the store and didn't spend the $14.96, not that that amount of money is a lot, but for a drugstore foundation it is on the higher price point.

on 6/5/2015 4:36:00 PM

Honestly, I like this quite a bit more than I expected to, although it's slightly misnamed, except for the blurring part. Rather than a foundation, I find it's more like a tinted moisturizer that smooths out surface texture, a la Tarte's BB or GA Face Fabric. I have combo skin that's in generally good shape and use this when I'm not breaking out. The shade range is limited, but for fair-skinned, freckled gals like me who need a peachy tone in their foundation to keep their freckles from looking ashy, Classic Ivory is a great shade. Goes on a tad slippery in feel but practically blends itself. It doesn't have the longest lasting power unless I apply Too Faced Primed and Poreless loose *underneath* first, Wayne Goss–style--but then it wears very well! Love the simple, clear squeeze tube.

on 4/25/2015 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is a great product! Does exactly what it says- blurs my pores and imperfections. It does have a sheen to it so I use LaRoche Posay Anthelios Primer underneath to mattify the shine. I have 40 year old, oily T zone, NC 25 skin and I use creamy beige. This foundation lasts well even under my mask I wear for work. I am able to add a touchup around my nose during lunch hour without cakiness. Overall, I love the light coverage and the fact that this foundation is undetectable without falling into my pores. I will definitely purchase again!

on 4/22/2015 1:51:00 PM

This is really more like a tinted moisturizer than a foundation because I found that it covers nothing. I don't have problem skin, just some blochiness here and there and it evens it out a bit but that is all. I have dry skin which I do moisturize really well however when I used it, it looked like I had numerous dry patches which didn't happen before with any other foundation. I tried it on without moisturizer beforehand and it balled up on my skin. It also streaks.
For 12.99 this is definitely not worth the price. To me this quality is pretty lousy.
I have the lightest shade and it was a bit too yellow for my skin tone-I am very fair with cool cast.
This is going back to the store

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This would be a great foundation for me if I didn't have oily/ easily irritable skin! I'm so bummed, because I love the coverage with this. It feels so nice on my skin at first too, and it does blur imperfections quite well. I was so surprised, because it's a drug store foundation, and I'm used to having to go high end because I have bad skin, fine lines, hyper pigmentation, etc. I'm cursed with the classic nightmare skin...I wish this didn't get so oily on me after a few hours, otherwise I would be in love with it...Also it oxidized a bit on me too, so you might go a shade lighter picking out your color, but I suggest this for dry skin...I can see how many women could love it. Oh but it does contain cyclops and that's a big no no for my skin, I would break out wearing this everyday.
oh well...:(

on 4/14/2015 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A drug store foundation? Me? Guess so because this looks better than everything currently on my shelf - Koh Gen Do, Cle de Peau, Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation, Armani, Nars. Covers with a very light layer but looks imperceptible. I was in on that quality alone. But it blurs out pores so smoothly that my skin looks immaculate. Sort of combining a primer and foundation in one but without heavy layers and certainly more convenient. I am a NW20 using Deauville in Nars, Sand in BB, Armani #4 for reference and I got the lightest shade Ivory. So I suppose if you are lighter than that there isn't another choice. I was surprised at this. Cannot speak to the range of colours. A mere 12 bucks at CVS. Thank you MUA member Chartwein for recommending this product!

on 4/14/2015 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I bought this foundation with high hopes, but unfortunately it is probably one of the worst foundations I've purchased so far, and I've purchased a lot! It doesn't sit well on my skin, it smears and looks slippery after less than an hour's wear and it settles in my pores, especially around my nose.
The only positive thing about this foundation is the shade matches my skin perfectly. Bummed that I wasted my money on this. :(

on 4/5/2015 2:56:00 AM

My skin is two different extremes. Very oily t-zone and dry everywhere else. Not ideal to say the least. I take care of my skin and always use primers. This foundation is easy to blend. It doesn't oxidize, doesn't exaggerate fine lines or pores, lasts all day but I do need to touch up t-zone however that's not a deal breaker because it makes my skin look lovely and even though I have highend foundations I reach for this as my safe option.