L'Oreal Visible Lift Blur Foundation

3.2

(Active Ingredient : Octinoxate 7.5%) -------------------- Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein/PVP Crosspolymer, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Methylparaben, Lycium Barbarum (Goji) Fruit Extract, Acrylates Copolymer, Potassium Sorbate, Ethylparaben, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Panthenol, PEG-9, Aluminium Hydroxide, Citric Acid, Sodium PCA, Urea, Trehalose, Polyquaternium-51, Soluble Collagen, Sodium Hyaluronate +/- (CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77019/Mica)

on 4/14/2015 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A drug store foundation? Me? Guess so because this looks better than everything currently on my shelf - Koh Gen Do, Cle de Peau, Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation, Armani, Nars. Covers with a very light layer but looks imperceptible. I was in on that quality alone. But it blurs out pores so smoothly that my skin looks immaculate. Sort of combining a primer and foundation in one but without heavy layers and certainly more convenient. I am a NW20 using Deauville in Nars, Sand in BB, Armani #4 for reference and I got the lightest shade Ivory. So I suppose if you are lighter than that there isn't another choice. I was surprised at this. Cannot speak to the range of colours. A mere 12 bucks at CVS. Thank you MUA member Chartwein for recommending this product!

on 4/14/2015 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I bought this foundation with high hopes, but unfortunately it is probably one of the worst foundations I've purchased so far, and I've purchased a lot! It doesn't sit well on my skin, it smears and looks slippery after less than an hour's wear and it settles in my pores, especially around my nose.
The only positive thing about this foundation is the shade matches my skin perfectly. Bummed that I wasted my money on this. :(

on 4/5/2015 2:56:00 AM

My skin is two different extremes. Very oily t-zone and dry everywhere else. Not ideal to say the least. I take care of my skin and always use primers. This foundation is easy to blend. It doesn't oxidize, doesn't exaggerate fine lines or pores, lasts all day but I do need to touch up t-zone however that's not a deal breaker because it makes my skin look lovely and even though I have highend foundations I reach for this as my safe option.

on 3/25/2015 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have tried many many foundations, as we all have, I'm sure. I love the texture, coverage, and above all....the colour is perfect for me....204 Creamy Natural. I am 69, with some deep lines around my chin, this foundation does NOT sit in those lines at all as most of the others do....very happy and highly recommend. And there is no perfume that I can smell, usually on all L'Oreal products.

on 3/7/2015 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I'm a huge makeup snob. I don't use many drugstore products really, but I am trying to curb my spending and thought I would give this a try. I have to admit, I love it! I was so pleasantly surprised by this foundation! It covers, and lasts as well as my high-end brands, if not better than some. I'm 45, and am now blessed with fine lines and large pores. I have broken capillaries, brown spots, all that good stuff. My skin is normal/dry with an oilier t-zone. This makeup preformed beautifully on my skin! The coverage was amazing, and it blended easily. It lasted until I took it off at the end of the day. I'm an NC20, and creamy natural matches my skin tone perfectly. I simply cannot say enough about this foundation! I find myself reaching for it more often than my expensive brands, and I will definitely repurchase when I run out.

on 3/4/2015 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

amazing for dry skin! its light weight, looks very natural! I am an nc25 in mac and nude matches me perfectly!!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I'm becoming a foundation junkie. I wanted to try this months ago when everyone was beginning to talk about it, but didn't want to part with my favorite at the moment. Last week I was in Walmart, basically just looking for something to waste money on, and I saw this. It was really tricky trying to match my color. The darkest shade in the line is too light, for it to be the end of the spectrum. Luckily the one I picked ended up working out, but I was really nervous about it.

When I first tried it....I absolutely hated it. I looked in a mirror while I was out shopping, and literally wanted to cover my face. There was no blurring going on whatsoever. If anything, it was the opposite. This foundation is at best, medium coverage- depending on how you apply it. This first time, I used my damp RT sponge, and....yeah, don't do that unless you're going for the look of a tinted moisturizer. Used that way, it's only giving light coverage, and I kept adding more and got the same result. I was wanting to return this, but something told me that I should try it one more time.

Today, I wasn't really doing anything or seeing anyone important, so I decided to try it again for a few hours while I was out with my sister. This time, though, I used my flat top ELF powder brush. I like it so much better!! It does feel super siliconey when you're putting it on, but if you can stand that, like me, you're fine. This way, I get nearly full coverage and it looks flawless. I can't see my pores or any imperfections. Even in natural light, it looked gorgeous.I have dry skin, so I didn't have a problem with it staying on. It's a natural looking foundation, and I really do like it. Now that I've figured out how to use it for my skin, I'm excited about it. So, moral of the story is, really give it a try before you decide it's trash. Lol.

I HATE THIS!!!! THIS IS TERRIBLE!!!! when i try to blend it out, it streaks EVERYWHERE and i know its not my elf powder brush because i use hit with plenty of other foundations and it never happens with those, its a medium consistency, and has extremely sheer coverage. this clung to dry patches i didn't even know I HAD! (not exaggerating!!!) this is the most awful foundation ive ever tried. luckily, i didn't waste my money in it because it was gifted to me

I bought this foundation about month ago and it has easily become one of my favorite (current/not discontinued or unable to find) drugstore foundations.
The plastic tube packaging is preferable to me over glass packaging, so if I need to throw it in my purse I don't need to worry about the bottle busting or a pump going renegade in my makeup bag (just make sure the cap is twisted on tightly! No problems yet with spillage or mess, just being proactive).
The coverage is not too heavy, but is creamy enough that it is buildable whether with a brush, Beauty Blender or just one's fingers. The finished look is almost flawless and any skin imperfections are literally blurred away; assuming one's skin is not completely overrun with deep wrinkles, etc.
I will probably stick with this foundation as my "go-to," despite my love to experiment.

on 1/20/2015 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this on a whim because I'd heard good things about it. First of all, I LOVE the way this applies--it's so siliconey, smooth and lightweight and is just as non-streaky applied with fingers as with a brush. It does have a blurring effect (again, due to the silicone) and I find that it doesn't cling to dry/flakey patches, which is a huge problem for me when it comes to foundations. Concealer, powder, etc. blend well on top of it.
It definitely can get a little oily/greasy after about a half day of wear, but I kind of like that--since it doesn't separate, it just makes my skin look dewier (but I realize this isn't for everyone!). I also don't notice any oxidization, although the shade I have (Creamy Natural; I'm NW20-ish) I think is a teensy bit dark and I might fare better with the next lighter shade. However, the color match is not a deal-breaker since it's light/medium coverage and so easily blendable.

I would NOT recommend this for anyone:
1. With oily skin
2. Who doesn't like a dewy look
3. Who doesn't like a siliconey feel and/or has a bad reaction to silicones (thankfully, they don't seem to break me out)
To the first point, i probably won't be wearing this much during the summer since my skin is much oiler then. But as a foundation for those drier skinned months, I really like this.

Lastly, beware the packaging. Although I love the idea/portability of a plastic squeeze tube, the fact that this is such a light-textured foundation means it gets EVERYWHERE if you're not careful. To counteract this, I store it top-facing-up when I'm at home, and if I'm traveling I'm always careful to tap the product back down into the end of the tube before squeezing it out. This seems to work fine but unfortunately I had to learn the hard way. :)