August 1, 2014 | 1743 users online

Foundations - L'Oreal - Visible Lift Blur Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2014 1:52:00 PM More reviews by demo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

HH for me in the fall

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2014 11:21:00 PM More reviews by Davjeda

Looks great for about one min. Light coverage. End of day, it looked like my blush an bronzes slide down my face and it was blotchy.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2014 5:12:00 AM More reviews by tiffloser

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Light-medium coverage and gives a very dewy finish. Not a whole lot of color selection. The tube packaging is very convienient, but the foundation is very runny. Not good for oily skin. I would probably use it more if I had dry/mature skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 8:57:00 PM More reviews by jfull

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just joined this site to review this great product. It is great for any crease-type wrinkles. I have tried so many other products that always emphasize wrinkles rather than minimize them. I would compare this to Bare Essentials new liqud foundation at 1/3 the price.
I am glad I can finally stop the try out... return cycle that I've been on. Ive tried tinted sunscreens, BB creams, CC creams. If you want a nice light foundation ,spf 18, for normal skin this is great especially for those over 50!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2014 4:41:00 PM More reviews by NikkiBri88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Where do I begin? Well, I should've listened to the reviews and not purchased this foundation, but regardless, it was new and intrigued me.

First off, I only wore this yesterday, and that's the only day I needed to wear it to figure out how I felt about this foundation. For starters, it is pretty expensive for a drug store foundation (I bought mine at Walmart for $12.97) and have seen it in various drug stores ranging from $14.99-$16.49.

The shade selection is very minimal. The lighter shades have mostly pink undertones (from what I could see) and I would consider my skin tone light/medium and found that shade Nude Beige fit me pretty well; but still there's not much of a shade selection.

The packaging is in a tube form, which doesn't bother me at all. I like foundations that come in a tube form or a pump form, that way you can control the amount of product that is coming out.

The texture of this foundation is a gel like, mousse like consistency, but didn't feel heavy on the skin, which I liked. I would say this foundation is sheer, light coverage. Usually, I go for more fuller coverage foundations (I don't have acne, just a bit of redness) and just enjoy the look of a fuller coverage foundation as opposed to something that is light.

Upon applying it, I used a beauty blender and I will say that, it is buildable, but not by much. I loved the way it applied at first. It evened out my skin tone and did cover some of the redness, but not quite all. I have normal to dry skin, and I did notice that this foundation did cling to some of the dry patches on my skin. I noticed it on my forehead and around my nose. It didn't give me a complete matte finish, but didn't give me a dewy finish either. I did wear a primer underneath, set the foundation with powder (as I usually would), and finished everything off with a setting spray. I applied this around 930AM, and noticed by the 5th hour of the day that the makeup was started to separate. I chose not to touch up, and soon enough, 12 hours later, the makeup was mostly off of my face.

I know that the reviews said it was a light/medium coverage foundation, but honestly, I would consider this just a light foundation. If you are someone that enjoys BB creams, doesn't have problem skin (acne prone, redness, other facial imperfections) ,is using this foundation to strictly even out skin tone and isn't looking for long wear out of the product; I would recommend this to you.

As for myself, the price point and the coverage, just isn't for me. I would not repurchase this foundation again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2014 12:43:00 PM More reviews by linds1985miller

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

at first i wasnt too about this foundation. the coverage is light to medium at best and it is a bit pricey for drug store make up. if used alone, it does have a slightly heavy silicon feel but the silicon is what "blurs" the imperfections. i have found a way to apply n set this foundation so the results are nice. i apply with a make up sponge...blotting n blending. then i BLOT a powder on top to set it. the powder absorbs the alot of the silicon n leaves a nice finish that wont rub off. applying this way...i do love the foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2014 6:12:00 PM More reviews by mhutch79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was hoping this would be a good option/alternative to bb creams and would be something I could throw on and go. I can as it provides light coverage and contains spf 18. I was also hoping that this would work so I wouldn't have to use my high end foundations for errand running days, you know? However, I hate this foundation and here is why:

This is pure silicone crap. Seriously. It contains at least 3 forms of silicone. So this is not for oily skin. I have normal skin and it feels like a goopy mess as its just sitting on my skin. Plus if I rub my face, it comes off. To be fair, I have a general hatred for heavily silicone products. I don't like the way they make my skin feel. If you didn't like L'Oreals BB creams, you most likely will not like this one either. I tried one and found it to be silicone heavy too.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2014 7:21:00 AM More reviews by hopetonou

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this product but it does sit in my pores and leaves white dots. I have to blend really well. Coverage is not great I mixed in my Tarte A. clay foundation since the texture and feel are similar. I only used the Tarte were I need more coverage. It will be great for people with minor flaws.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2014 2:09:00 AM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

My rating is at a 3 because I can see others liking it where I didn't. It's over all an okay foundation but I found myself mixing in some Kat Von D Lock-it foundation to try to get more coverage. I like full coverage though. So if you're looking for a foundation with light to medium coverage this is for you. I have olive undertones and usually prefer yellow undertoned foundation. I think it depends on the shade you grab but the one I grabbed had more of a neutral undertone. I am acne prone and didn't have too many problems with this breaking me out. But!! Beware this is full of silicones. I also have combination skin and work in an environment that truly puts my foundation to the test. While this wasn't perfect at the end of the day, it held up okay and was still there.

I won't be re-purchsing this and will probably return both the concealer and foundation to Ulta. Other wise it'll just sit in a drawer until I get bored of my current foundation and retry it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 10:16:00 PM More reviews by juliawilson22

I really really am in love with this foundation! I normally hate products with silicone because I feel like they slide off but this is fantastic. It has really good staying power (not better than Revlon color stay, though) and it makes my skin look flawless. I don't think the shade range is very good at all though. If you are a woman of color I do not see this working for you. I am very tan and bought the darkest shade. (Still a white girl though lol) the undertones seemed warm or neutral to me so like I said, women of color.... May not work. That was the only thing I really disliked about the foundation because it's great but limited. A little pricey for drugstore too, but still better than dept store pricing!