October 2, 2014 | 1805 users online

Highlighters - DB Designer Brands - Hi-Lights Illuminator

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2014 2:21:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've got pretty fond of this chubby little guy. Hi-Lights is a liquid-cream luminescent highlighter like Benefit High Beam - but better! "Starlight" is a fresh pale pink lovely on cool or fair skin, in winter or with smoky looks. Highbeam is warmer, golden pink. "Bronzing" is more a golden tan, looks amazing for summer with apricot/orange lips and bronzed eyes, or anytime with a tan or warmed up skin.

Hi-Lights has a doe-foot so its easy to dot the tip on its end for the tiniest amount, or, swipe the applicator on its side for intense placement. I'm not keen on the Benefit brush, it usually puts on too much and the bottle somehow always tips over! Anyway, for everyday I place a row of tiny dots of Hi-Lights directly where I want them, then pat/blend out with my ring or pinky finger to a delicate barely there petal luminescence. I've also worn it more intensely on stage for a dramatic metal sheen and it looked amazing.

Like High-Beam it can be worn anywhere you like, cheeks, brow-bone, bow of lip ect. NO horrible sparkles its fine enough for mature skin like mine. Can be worn on bare skin, under or over foundation, even after powder and doesn't cake. No scent. Does not irritate my super sensitive skin and the ingredients list is short and simple. Super affordable and good quality! I can't think of anything I don't like and I am super picky ha, ha.

Also, Designer Brands is made in Australia and does not test on animals. Does not hide the testing by having a parent company who do it for them (Mac, Revlon, Avon, L'Oreal ect). Don't sell in China (who MAKE everyone animal test except them, ugg). Hope they make this a permanent policy..."Bunny Lovin' Beauty", yeah. Will definitely look into more from this brand.