November 21, 2014 | 1842 users online

Liquid - Kanebo - KATE Powderless Liquid for Cover Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2014 1:17:00 AM More reviews by sjensen183

I really like this foundation. I have super combination skin and it lasts really well. I love mixing this with my moisturizer and applying it that way. It applies smoothly without looking cakey. It absorbs oil pretty much all day because of the powder consistency it has. My nose is my one shiny area that I do have to blot though. This product is great. There are a few reasons it didn't get 5 stars from me though: 1) there are only about 6 shades total 2) the shade that matches me most is slightly too pink 3) it's not easily available in the USA. I would repurchase this if I had access to it here but since I don't and the color isn't perfect I probably won't. I think I'll try the L'Oreal one and see if it's similar.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2014 3:55:00 AM More reviews by monlim

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I think all Kanebo Kate foundations are fantastic quality but this one is HG status for me. First big pro: The shade OC-C is a PERFECT match for my NC25 skin. I've tried tons of foundations and they often are just a smidgen off - too orange, too yellow, too pink, etc etc and by the time I find one with a great shade, I wouldn't like something else, eg the texture or formula.

This formula is wonderful. It's medium coverage and because the shade is so close to mine, it looks just like my skin but better. Even though the liquid looks quite thick, the best part is that in a few seconds, it turns to a powdery finish as promised. I was sceptical about this hocus pocus claim at first but it's true! In Singapore's humid weather, the final soft and satiny finish holds up beautifully. No sticky finish, it doesn't cake up and doesn't make me break out.

I loved this so much I bought a bottle for my teenage daughter in OC-D. She has typical teenage oil-tank complexion and this doesn't break her out or turn her into a shiny mess.

I would say this works as well as all the high-end foundations I've tried without breaking the bank. Totally recommend.

EDIT: I've just tried Armani's much sought after Lasting Silk and while that's fantastic as well, I found that it didn't perform any better than this Powderless Liquid Cover. As a test, I used Lasting Silk on one side of my face and Kanebo Kate on the other. Both shades matched me perfectly. I asked my family members, nobody could tell the difference between the two.

An hour later, the side with the Lasting Silk felt slightly sticky (I live in a humid climate), oxidised a wee bit and there was a little shine. The side with Kanebo Kate felt powdery and still looked satin smooth. In other words, while the Lasting Silk is great, if I'm being picky, it's still being outperformed by a foundation that costs less than half the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2014 8:02:00 AM More reviews by qaeng3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

this liquid foundation turns into powder within 15 seconds. in other words, you do not have to apply powder after that to set the makeup. the finish is semi matte.

pros:
1)long lasting
2)great oil control!!!
3)nice finish and natural. looks EXACTLY like skin
4)small plastic bottle with pump
5)odorless
6)lightweight. doesnt feel like you are wearing make up AT ALL

cons:
1)clings onto dry patches if not applied properly!!
2)sinks into fine lines and cakes sometimes. Moisturizer is a MUST!!!
3)hard to blend with anything else except brush because it turns into powder too fast

this foundation is DEFINITELY not for dry skin. I recommend this to people with SUPER oily skin. if you have normal to oily skin, i suggest applying moisturizer 2 times- before and after applying this foundation. The application method is best when using a brush. It is hard to apply if you use your fingers since it turns into powder very quickly. I don't think it is possible to apply this with sponge either.