September 21, 2014 | 1771 users online

Liquid - Kanebo - KATE Powderless Liquid for Cover Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2014 3:55:00 AM More reviews by monlim

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I think all Kanebo Kate foundations are fantastic quality but this one is HG status for me. First big pro: The shade OC-C is a PERFECT match for my NC25 skin. I've tried tons of foundations and they often are just a smidgen off - too orange, too yellow, too pink, etc etc and by the time I find one with a great shade, I wouldn't like something else, eg the texture or formula.

This formula is wonderful. It's medium coverage and because the shade is so close to mine, it looks just like my skin but better. Even though the liquid looks quite thick, the best part is that in a few seconds, it turns to a powery finish as promised. I was sceptical about this hocus pocus claim at first but it's true! In Singapore's humid weather, the final soft and satiny finish holds up beautifully. No sticky finish, it doesn't cake up and doesn't make me break out.

I loved this so much I bought a bottle for my teenage daughter in OC-D. She has typical teenage oil-tank complexion and this doesn't break her out or turn her into a shiny mess.

I would say this works as well as all the high-end foundations I've tried without breaking the bank. Totally recommend.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2014 8:02:00 AM More reviews by qaeng3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

this liquid foundation turns into powder within 15 seconds. in other words, you do not have to apply powder after that to set the makeup. the finish is semi matte.

pros:
1)long lasting
2)great oil control!!!
3)nice finish and natural. looks EXACTLY like skin
4)small plastic bottle with pump
5)odorless
6)lightweight. doesnt feel like you are wearing make up AT ALL

cons:
1)clings onto dry patches if not applied properly!!
2)sinks into fine lines and cakes sometimes. Moisturizer is a MUST!!!
3)hard to blend with anything else except brush because it turns into powder too fast

this foundation is DEFINITELY not for dry skin. I recommend this to people with SUPER oily skin. if you have normal to oily skin, i suggest applying moisturizer 2 times- before and after applying this foundation. The application method is best when using a brush. It is hard to apply if you use your fingers since it turns into powder very quickly. I don't think it is possible to apply this with sponge either.