E.L.F. Eye Refresh

2.5

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Feels nice but doesnt really offer any depuffing benefits. Sad because I was hoping this would help on days I had to pull a double and then wake up early for another shift

on 7/20/2015 12:01:00 PM

I am a little surprised at the low rating for this; but then again, I tend to like what the general consensus does not like, and what is raved about I often do not care for.

That said, I gave this a 5-star rating.
Seriously, I cannot find one complaint about this or anything I wish they would change.

Feels comfortable in the hand using it, definitely has a 'cooling' sensation (I typically only use this in the summer, no particular reason, just happens that way. And the one I have, I purchased last summer and it still works every bit as well as it did last summer--but still I suggest that you pay attention to expiration dates!! Especially with eye products!! ;) )

This also seems to 'plump' my eye are and smooth out any fine lines.
Lasts a good part of the day. Also makes me look more "awake" even on nights I only had a couple hours of sleep.

At the price tag ($3.00, I think..?), what more can you ask for..?
IME this works every bit as good as, and in some instances even better than, higher priced comparable, similar products.

And oh yes the cooling sensation is nice, especially in the Summer (which is probably why I find myself using this mostly in the Summer!)

on 5/31/2015 4:41:00 AM

Package great, price good, product bad.. i read before buying this product the reviews but i was influenced by the ingredients mentioned and thought i should give it a try.. bad decision.. i did not see any difference at all. the packaging is great, with roll-on which is very practical, but that's all. would not purchase it again

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

The initial cooling effect of this product is refreshing! My puffiness and bags are at their worst when I wake up in the morning and this product feels incredible under my eyes. This is the only positive quality I can think of. It feels nice but it does absolutely nothing for the skin around my eyes. It doesn't de-puff, It doesn't hydrate that well and it doesn't diminish the look of dark circles. It feels sticky on the skin and I can feel the tackiness for most of the day. I don't know what I was expecting from such an inexpensive product. Also, it is causing tiny red breakout bumps all along the bottom edge of my circles. To be fair, I think it is silly to comment on the poor cheap plastic packaging. This thing is $3.00, what do people expect to get for such little money. The cap does fit securely on the tube. It doesn't leak. I mean, that should be the only thing that matters.

on 12/26/2014 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is probably going to be the worst review everbut I don't know what to think about this product. I have not seen any difference on my eye area. I'll continue to buy it because it is cheap and I like this cooling affect. Maybe it does something like for bags or something. I don't have any bags but i do have darkness. I think this product is good to use before concealer to help blend it better. I wish I could give it two and half stars. But at 3 bucks what do you have to lose.

on 12/18/2014 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I really don't know what I was expecting from this product but I don't honestly see a difference. I do like the cool sensation but I don't think it makes me look any different.

on 7/28/2014 7:16:00 PM

I LOVE e.l.f. products. Their blush, foundation, and brushes are to die for, and the pricing on their items is equally fantastic!
I did have an issue with this product. I used it as specified prior to putting on primer/foundation, and it worked flawlessly. I do have sensitive eyes, so that may have contributed to my issue.
However, one morning I used it as normal, and had no issues throughout the day. That evening after taking off my makeup, I used the product to sshow my roommate how to use it, how it works, etc. I went to bed and woke up the next morning with SUPER puffy eyes. I had had an allergic reaction to the ingredients in the product! I was so disappointed when I had to toss it out, but that doesn't mean that the product is bad! It works better than described. Just be careful to check the ingredients if you have sensitive eyes like me! :)

on 6/30/2014 10:58:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Very nice cheaper alternative to Garnier's eye roller and more high-end options but ultimately a fail for me. The metal ball is very cooling and the thin gel that dispenses absorbs somewhat fast but does not totally dry on my undereye area which leaves it feeling somewhat tacky all day. At first I thought I loved this but after a week my love affair was over.The ingredient lists green tea and pomegranate among other extracts which sounds good but, for me, resulted in a large breakout under one of my eyes.

Into the trash it went :( Not a large fail at $3.00 but acne-prone skin types be cautious