September 18, 2014 | 1681 users online

Pressed Powders - Clinique - Redness Solutions Instant Relief Mineral Pressed Powder

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2014 10:59:00 PM More reviews by Tashi09

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Pleasantly surprised by this. I'd been doused with the loose powder version by an SA who was horrified by my redness, and I hated the result -- because I don't want to be caked in yellow powder either, lady! This pressed cake is very "tight" and it's hard to use too much. But it does work, and I don't notice a strong yellow effect either. No opinion yet on the "probiotic technology." Am a little shocked by the price, but it was bonus time...

rated 1 of 5 on 6/27/2014 8:28:00 PM More reviews by goodcelt

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I ordered this recently when Clinique had a great gwp offer online. I was recently diagnosed with rosacea and in addition, already have seborrheic dermatitis flare-ups. After doing some research and speaking to a Clinique hotline rep, who also has the same type of rosacea that I have (there are 4 types, I have No. 1), i ordered it. She told me (and I realize that they are to sell but my order wasn't going with her) how she uses it and that was about the nicest thing I had heard since my diagnosis (my doctor and his office were no help). It is expensive, which is why I took off one lippie.

Yesterday, I wore it after my moisturizer and put foundation over it. Pretty great. It is my understanding that it also helps for you to carry it around and if your face feels hot, you can just brush a little of this over it. Well, I haven't done that yet but will if I have to. Today, I wore it over my moisturizer and no foundation. I got compliments of how nice my skin looked! That is exciting, people. So, we shall see. But for now, I am pretty happy with it.

THE HONEYMOON IS OVER.

I gave it a good try. I really did. I guess I got fooled and tried to believe that it was really going to help me. After having it long enough to see myself in various lighting, I returned my compact. I looked yellow. I just did. And I decided that if I have to wear foundation over this, then there really isn't any reason to use this. I was so wanting this to work because I truly believe the rep on the phone. But I just couldn't keep this product. It's expensive and then, having to wear foundation over it? I just want to cleanse my face, use my moisturizer, then my foundation and blush. I have never been one to add a zillion products to my face just because the sales people say I should. They're trained to sell and I guess the one I spoke with really got me.