Urban Decay Perversion Mascara

3.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Water/Eau), Synthetic Beeswax, Acacia Senegal Gum, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (Cera Carnauba/Cire de Carnuba), Butylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, Polybutene, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Aminomethyl Propanol, Pentylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Potassium Sorbate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Soluble Collagen, Myristic Acid, Arachidic Acid, Behenic Acid, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Oleic Acid, Mel (Honey/Miel) Extract, Sodium PCA,Hydrolyzed Elastin, Glycogen, Serine. [+/- (May Contain/Peut contenir): CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)].

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Seriously the best mascara of my life. I got a sample of this about a year ago either through Birchbox or Ipsy and will never use any other mascara again. I get asked a lot if I'm wearing false eyelashes or have eyelash extensions when I'm wearing it. Makes my eyelashes a mile long and no clumps whatsoever. If thid mascara was ever discontinued I'm pretty sure my life would be over!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought a couple of travel tubes of Urban Decay Perversion Mascara for my purse and suitcase. While this mascara is fine for overnights and short trips, I don't love it enough to buy the $22 full size tube. It's a good mascara, but it's not the best I've ever used. However, if you prefer the old-fashioned bristle brush to the new rubber brushes, this might be to your liking.

PROS:

1. Thickens
2. Lengthens
3. The travel size is only $10.
4. Deposits dark inky black color.
5. Doesn't flake
6. Doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes
7. No noticeable fragrance
8. Coats lashes well
9. Doesn't make lashes feel stiff or waxy

CONS:

1. Doesn't dry quickly
2. Can smudge
3. Doesn't hold a curl well; for that I have to switch to Cannonball.
4. There are some cheaper drugstore mascaras that perform as well or better.

For me, this is like, not love. I prefer Dior Show to this for drama. And I prefer the brush in the Full Fat Lashes Mascara from Charlotte Tilbury. That one has a neat tip that allows me to push the lashes up vertically and catch the little lashes that try to hide. Now I compare everything else to that brush. However Perversion's brush coats lashes very well. I don't feel ripped off by Perversion, but I'm not obsessed. I think Maybelline and L'Oreal have offerings that are just as good or better and cost less. However, Urban Decay has tried to remain a cruelty free company over the years and that's noble. The travel size is sleek and fits into the tiniest of makeup bags.

Ingredients:

Aqua (Water/Eau), Synthetic Beeswax, Acacia Senegal Gum, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (Cera Carnauba/Cire de Carnuba), Butylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, Polybutene, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Aminomethyl Propanol, Pentylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Potassium Sorbate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Soluble Collagen, Myristic Acid, Arachidic Acid, Behenic Acid, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Oleic Acid, Mel (Honey/Miel) Extract, Sodium PCA, Hydrolyzed Elastin, Glycogen, Serine. May Contain: CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my new favorite mascara. I am always on the hunt for mascara that leaves me with a full, feathery lash. What I don't like is that super defined, 10 thick lashes look, and I like the lashes to look like hair and not waxy. This mascara achieves the look I'm going for. One coat looks full but natural, 2 coats gives all the drama I need in a mascara.

The formula does start out very wet but it dries out enough to be perfect in a couple of weeks, but is not so dry that flakes. In fact I can layer this after its dried and it still doesn't flake. The lashes are not overly stiff either which happens with wetter formulas. The pigment is very black but removal is super easy with a cleansing oil. I don't get any lash fall out when removing the mascara.

I bought this in the trial size which I got at Ulta. I've also seen the trial size at Sephora. It makes more sense financially to buy the trial size since there;s enough product to last the whole 3 months you are supposed to keep a mascara. However I like this one enough that I would consider purchasing a full size should I not be able to find it in trial size.

Great mascara! Usually I find high end mascara is not worth the price, but... damn!

This makes my lashes look full, separate, and adds length. No clumps! If you are applying this without removing your old mascara, it works just as well as clean lashes.It hasn't smudged or gathered around my eyes, but does take about five minutes to dry, so be careful not to sneeze!

I have received several compliments on my lashes since buying this, and would compare it to Benefit's They're Real. Great product!

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This mascara has a VERY WET formula when fresh so if that is something you don't want to work with then steer clear. If that is something you can get past or prefer, then I definitely recommend this product!

To start, the packaging is my favorite on any mascara I've ever seen. It's sleek and has a sort of holographic finish. One thing to note about it is that the paint, or whatever comprises the top layer of color, started chipping on my tube but that happened after 6 months when it was time for the mascara to get tossed anyways.

The formula is, as I've said and will say again, wet. It does dry out with time though and after a month or so it turned into that perfect consistency between wet and dry. This is the BLACKEST mascara I've ever used. Provides thickness and length. This is the mascara for you if you prefer a more dramatic look.

The price (around $22 at Sephora) is really the only somewhat off-putting qualiity about this product.

I put that I'd repurchase but I've recently heard some conflicting information on whether or not Urban Decay is still cruelty free. On their website and on the Makeup Alley page it says that they are. I heard they were bought out by Loreal though, which does test on animals. As long as the Urban Decay range itself isn't sold in China or tested on animals I would keep buying from them but the information I've found during research is very conflicting.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I first received a sample of this and now am on my 2nd full size tube. I probably will not repurchase. For $22 I honestly think it's a bit much. It's a very wet mascara that clumps on the applicator. You do need to wipe the wand off atleast once you first buy it. And honestly that really annoys me when you have to do that with mascaras. I pay alot in a year just on mascara and it's wasteful to just have to wipe product off onto a paper towel. Application can be very messy as it ALWAYS smudges above my upper lash line. It is very very black and hard to remove. Trust me, you will be washing this off a few times and using moisturizer to remove the wash streaks.
Also I noticed that it has really dried my eyelashes and made them more brittle. I already have short lashes that break so I can't be having that!
I also think my sample size lasted almost just as long as my full tubes...
Idk you can definitely find something better and cheaper. Or just get the sample

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I received this in an Ipsy bag, & I was pretty "eh" about it at first. I have naturally long lashes, so I can rarely tell the difference between drugstore vs. high end mascaras in terms of what they do for me. But whoa, this stuff is great. It's everything I DON'T usually like in a mascara, with a large brush & traditional bristles (I prefer rubber) - but it's amazing. It makes my lashes long & full, and is not at all clumpy. I can build it up with multiple layers and control the intensity. It is also easy to remove at the end of the day, which is very important to me. I currently have 100 other mascara's in my lineup to try, but this is one I might actually come back to and repurchase later.

Overall, it has made me rethink my typical indifference regarding mascara, & now I get excited when I get a different mascara to try as a sample or in a subscription box!

I really love this mascara. I got it in my Urban Decay Naked On The Run palette, and I've been very pleased with it.

At first, the mascara formula seemed a little too wet for my liking. I continued on with it, and it dried out a bit. Now, I'm totally in love with it.

I have very straight, sparse lashes, so I need something that really makes them fuller and longer. This mascara really does the trick, because I get long, beautiful, thick, dark lashes with it.

Also, I notice minimal clumping and no flaking or smudging. It wears beautifully. I use Maybelline Lash Sensational as a base and put this on top, and my lashes look great!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Wow, oh, wow.

I used to never use mascara because I truly thought that it didn't make a difference on my lashes. I didn't realize that I was using the wrong mascaras.

This is one of the only few mascaras that make a difference on my lashes. It's super black, lengthening, and volumizing - everything I could dream of.

I have super straight Asian lashes and I am so thankful for this product. I'm on my second tube now. It's the only high end mascara that I think is worth the money and effort.

i feel like this formula lasts forever. it never dries up. even though you should be throwing away mascara every 3-6 months depending on use, this mascara formula never dries up for more than a year! I love the way it applies too, it looks great, almost like falsies, it's good one for natural lashes, with just a few coats, or major volume with 5+ coats...does not clump up at all

Popular Mascaras