November 23, 2014 | 1163 users online

Mascara - Urban Decay - Perversion Mascara

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2014 4:38:00 PM More reviews by bethe4123

?? I don't know how I feel about this. I received a sample in my ipsy bag...tried it & very meh at first. It would separate my lashes TOO much and make them look skinny and thinner. I didn't want to add too many coats because then I feared they would be clumpy and separated too much and that looks horrible. Anyways, I continued to use it for a few weeks and then I LOVED it. It worked perfectly at that time maybe because it dried out a little? The formula was awesome at the time, so I purchased the full size. I have had it for a couple weeks and it is still not doing it for me, just like before. Should I let this stuff dry out a little again? I don't know how I feel about it. I want to love it like I did the sample, especially for the price I paid for it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2014 4:12:00 PM More reviews by nagasakisteph

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this in a set with the lash primer on a whim, but wasn't expecting much after seeing the reviews here. So, I was pleasantly surprised when I tried it out and found it to be one of the best mascaras I've ever used!

Used together with the lash primer, this is the closest to a false-lashes look I've ever achieved without actually wearing false eyelashes. It also doesn't smudge or give me panda eyes at all (whether I use the primer first or not) - I ALWAYS get panda eyes with mascara, so I'm genuinely amazed with how well this stays put! The only downside I've found is that it can sometimes look a little clumpy if I'm not careful when applying a second coat.

It doesn't seem to be for everyone, but for me it did everything it said it would - inky, dramatic, visibly lengthened eyelashes - and has replaced Dior's Black Out mascara as my new favourite.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/8/2014 2:26:00 PM More reviews by Nstupak

I normally love urban decay products but this mascara was a huge bummer. It goes on great, then it takes forever to dry. Within a couple hours it is constantly smudging everywhere. I ended up throwing it away even though it carried a hefty price. I wouldn't recommend it personally.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2014 11:59:00 PM More reviews by sprite26

This mascara is incredible, I love it. Tons of length, volume, drama, and inky black color. No problems with smudging or flaking (but I always use lash primer underneath). Applies like a dream and it looks amazing. Like I have false lashes on.
No complaints whatsoever, I would buy this again in a heartbeat.
LOVE!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2014 3:53:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

At first I didn't like this but after letting it sit a bit I think it's great. I doubt I'd buy it (got a sample in my ipsy bag) but only due to the price. Although if there was a sale then yes I would purchase it.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2014 12:33:00 PM More reviews by d1s

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this. I really, really wanted to. It wasn't terrible in any way after trying it twice. It just was okay. Just okay. And just okay mascara shouldn't have such a high price tag. There are plenty cheap DS mascaras that work much better for me than this one. I returned. Would not repurchase. Bummer.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2014 12:16:00 PM More reviews by Halloedangel

I really wanted to love this product mostly because I have loved every other Urban Decay product that I have ever used. Thankfully I got this in my Ipsy bag so I didn't have to run out and pay high-end mascara prices to try it.

The mascara went on beautifully (never thought I would like a wet mascara), felt great on my lashes, wasn't crunchy or hard, gave a nice feathery look that was beautiful on my curled lashes. I was in love.

Unfortunately, my heart was broken. The wetness of the product pulled the curl out of my lashes, it clumped as it dried, and the worse offense of all, it smeared EVERYWHERE. I had it on my beautiful eye shadow look, I had it all over the lower lash line and into the under eye area, I even think some got as low as my upper cheek area. It wasn't easy to clean off either, I tried the let it dry and rub off with a q-tip but it just smeared more and more.

As I said I really wanted to love this product so I tried it over and over again with different techniques and the results all turned out the same, a beautiful start, and within 20 minutes a smeary panda eye mess. (And lets be real, only real pandas can pull that off)

I gave it two lippies for the feel and immediate results. If you are lucky enough to have this not smear or transfer, it could be a HG mascara, unfortunately it didn't work for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2014 8:14:00 PM More reviews by ClaireButtons

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this mascara today (in the post), along with the primer. To all those who feel that the primer is a gimmick, it's so not. When I use a primer, it makes my lashes so much longer & thicker, I really feel it's worth it. Having said that, L'oreal do a primer (it has a mascara at the other end, in a red tube, I think it's called Beauty Tubes) which is much cheaper & the same idea. On to the mascara - when I 1st applied this, it was an 'alleluia' moment! I was stunned! It made my lashes long & thick but still defined & separated. I was so impressed. After 1/2hr, I decided to really test it by appying another coat to see if it would clump - not at all, it just made them thicker & longer but somehow still separated. I really thought I'd found my HG mascara. However......when I looked in the mirror this evening, it was smudge city :-( I do have oily skin but I use a primer, powder & powder eyeshadow, so there shouldn't have been a problem. I dread to think how long I'd been walking about with panda eyes for - eek! I'm so utterly deflated & disappointed with this, what a let down. I shall try it tomorrow with a light layer of a mascara with staying power on top &, if that doesn't work, I'll try it the following day with a light layer of the L'oreal beauty tubes mascara on top (which does not budge at all, btw but can clump a little - it's not that buildable, esp if you let the previous coat dry 1st). So, we'll see. I'm determined to try & get this to work but it kind of defeats the whole purpose when you have to use 2 mascaras. UD - pleeeaase, bring out a waterproof version of this, or at least a smudgeproof one, it would rocket your sales, I'm sure!

Update - I now use this daily. I apply 2 or 3 coats & then apply a very fine coat of waterproof or smudgeproof mascara over the top ( Maybelline one by one waterproof generally works well as it doesn't clump or add too much product on top) & this makes it stay put. So, I've upped it to 3 stars. I really want to give it 4 but it's just too incovenient having to use 2 mascaras everyday.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2014 7:36:00 PM More reviews by ewendlin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This mascara is a hit for me - with any mascara, you can avoid smudging on your eyelid by applying a good coat of skin colored eyeshadow all over the lid (or just apply a bit of your normal powder on the lids). I have very oily skin and this is usually a problem for me, but haven't had problems with this mascara by sticking to my trick.

With that said, this mascara is fantastic. It is very black and thickening. My boyfriend even noticed by eyelashes the other day, which is unusual, and said they looked great.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/1/2014 4:22:00 PM More reviews by Susiedbc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have to agree with socalsuperstar. I really like the look of this mascara and the way it applies, but it smudges on me really badly. I have long lashes, and it is the worst where my top lashes brush against my upper eyelid under my brow. Maybelline Full and Soft gives almost the same look (not quite as rich), but does not smudge to this extent.