Urban Decay Perversion Mascara

3.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Water/Eau), Synthetic Beeswax, Acacia Senegal Gum, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (Cera Carnauba/Cire de Carnuba), Butylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, Polybutene, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Aminomethyl Propanol, Pentylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Potassium Sorbate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Soluble Collagen, Myristic Acid, Arachidic Acid, Behenic Acid, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Oleic Acid, Mel (Honey/Miel) Extract, Sodium PCA,Hydrolyzed Elastin, Glycogen, Serine. [+/- (May Contain/Peut contenir): CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)].

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

One of the best mascaras I've ever used. Very black but not too wet, doesn't smudge or flake, and gives me loads of volume and length without making my lashes crunchy. The brush is also an actual brush, and isn't plastic. I normally don't buy HE/ME mascaras because I don't believe they're worth the money but this one truly is.

on 7/3/2015 9:03:00 AM

I got the mini and will not repurchase the full size. It travels to my undereye area sometimes. Also my main problem is that when I close the product it gets mascara around the rim of the tube. What a mess. It was also clumpy. I love other Urban Decay products but this one was was a miss for me.

on 7/3/2015 1:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Not a fan of it. Don't like the brush, and the product is slightly watery. Which is relatively easy to work with, but I don't have time to sit and screw around with mascara. I end up with pretty nicely thicker eyelashes, but does nothing for length. I've actually had better drugstore mascaras. I also noticed this mascara doesn't hold a curl very well, which is a pain when I wear fake lashes. I don't want to trash it simply because I don't like to waste, but I won't buy this again.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This mascara has a VERY WET formula when fresh so if that is something you can't/don't want to work with, steer clear. If that is something you can get past or prefer, then I definitely recommend this product!

To start, the packaging is my favorite on any mascara I've ever seen. One thing to note about it is that the paint, or whatever comprises the top layer of color, started chipping on my tube but that happened after 6 months when it was time for the mascara to get tossed anyways. Sleek, is a perfect way to describe this packaging.

The formula is, as I've said and will say again, wet. It does dry out with time though and after a month or so it turned into that perfect consistency between wet and dry. This is the BLACKEST mascara I've ever used. Provides thickness and length. This is the mascara for you if you prefer a more dramatic look.

The price (around $22 at Sephora) is really the only somewhat off-putting qualiity about this product. However is is CRUELTY FREE and preforms far better than any cruelty free mascara from the drugstore that I've found.

on 6/27/2015 7:18:00 PM

Bought the travel size first just to test out and am definitely buying the full size when finished !! Love it makes my eyelashes look long and without the clumps !! :)

on 6/18/2015 4:26:00 PM

I bought the full size tube after trying and loving the sample size in my "On the Run" palette. When I applied the mascara from the larger tube I was really disappointed in its application as it was MUCH wetter and clumpier than the "On the Run" tube. I'm not sure if the smaller tube had a different formula or what (doesn't make sense at all), but my recommendation is to let the full-size sit for a month or two after it's had a chance to dry out a little. I was much happier with it's application once it dried up a bit, but I will not be repurchasing!

on 6/18/2015 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Clumpy, didn't really give me much length and was a bit smudgy. There's no reason for me to buy this again. There are many cheaper mascaras that perform much better. The only reason it didn't get a rating of 1 is because I found the black to be VERY black (blacker than other mascaras imo) and I liked the tube. Would not repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Love love LOVE this mascara! Very very lightweight and not "crunchy" when dried, but still darkens and thickens the lashes, leaving them looking long and full! Very buildable for a more dramatic look, but even just one layer gives a nice non-clumpy look. Natural finish and non-irritating! Love it!

on 6/3/2015 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I didn't understand the hype about finding "the one" mascara before I found this product. To me, all mascaras have been more or less the same, regardless of whether I purchase them at a drugstore or Sephora. I actually don't think I've ever reviewed a mascara on here before.

A bit of background: I have black hair and a lot of it. The main thing I love about this product is the intensity of the color. They are not playing around. This is the first mascara (and I've used A LOT of them - I rarely buy mascaras twice) that has ever made a visible difference in terms of color on my lashes. It is BLACK. Visibly blacker than my natural color. This also adds a good amount of volume and length, and it has a glossy finish that creates an effect similar to that of fake lashes When I put this on, it really opens up my eye area and is dark enough so that I don't really have to line my upper lashline if I don't feel like it. I love the visual impact this has when I pair it with a cat eye. As a note, if you have naturally lighter hair, this is going to look suuuuper dark on you - you might be into that, you might not be.

This mascara is not flawless - it definitely is prone to a bit of smudging, hence the 4 stars. I also am not convinced that there is anything in this particular formula or brush that could not be replicated for much cheaper. You are most likely paying for the UD brand name here. However, I'm most likely going to be repurchasing it. I'm happy to finally understand why people have mascara brand loyalty haha.

on 5/27/2015 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I love this mascara. I use it with the primer and the only thing I would like more would be a waterproof version so that it wouldn't smudge in the humidity. I just use NYX Proof-It and that solves the problem but its an extra step I'd like to eliminate. Anyway, this mascara gives my lashes a nice long, thick look that I haven't been able to get anywhere else.

Video Reviews & Tutorials