Urban Decay Perversion Mascara

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Water/Eau), Synthetic Beeswax, Acacia Senegal Gum, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (Cera Carnauba/Cire de Carnuba), Butylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, Polybutene, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Aminomethyl Propanol, Pentylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Potassium Sorbate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Soluble Collagen, Myristic Acid, Arachidic Acid, Behenic Acid, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Oleic Acid, Mel (Honey/Miel) Extract, Sodium PCA,Hydrolyzed Elastin, Glycogen, Serine. [+/- (May Contain/Peut contenir): CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)].

on 10/5/2015 1:54:00 PM

Yucky Mess...leaves lashes sticky, smudgy and overall disgusting. Definitely will not purchase again.

on 9/30/2015 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I got this in my UD Naked On The Run palette & am still using it way longer than I should be (don't judge!). I lurve this mascara as my fave non waterproof mascara but I don't usually fool w non waterproof mascara (nor liquid liners) becoz it usually smears on my oily lids but w elf's primer & waterproofing topcoat's help I am able to get some serious mileage out of this mascara! It's pretty good by itself however I must admit & I don't wear the primer/top coat unless I am going to be doing something rigorous (eg a horse show). It is better looking w/o those extra products coz the primer is white so Perversion isn't as dark. It really is the blackest mascara I've tried if i was upwardly mobile I would buy a full sized tube ESP if it came in waterproof but it takes me forever to use up a mascara so I've got a couple of other mascaras in the wings but nothing as wonderful as this I just don't believe in buying HE non waterproof mascaras coz I know I need waterproof.Raccoons are never a cute look on anybody. I love the extra blackness, length, volume & curl. It's kray kray blackness! This is definitely more than workable. It takes so little product I think chances are it will dry up before it's gone coz it's a pretty wet formula but you really need 3 extremely thin coats ...hold the wand vertically too. (Sorry if this is a bit confusing).

on 9/27/2015 6:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Me: stick straight super whack lashes.
This mascara: thickening, some lengthening. Doesnt hold a curl, flakes, makes me eyes sting, nice packaging.

on 9/27/2015 12:54:00 PM

What a shame, this looks lovely when you first put it on, but after an hour or so it's halfway down your cheeks. I wore it a few times and then had to chuck it in the bin for fear of looking like Alice Cooper in my meetings at work.

on 9/27/2015 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I absolutely love tis mascara! Ive worn this 3 times and 2 of the 3 times Ive been asked by someone if Im wearing falsies. The formula is very wet though ad it also can clump. Although I'm a freak about clumpy lashes. My lashes have to be ultra separated idk why so the clumping is really nothing serious. No flaking and no smudging. But my hg he mascara is still Clinique High Impact, this definitely comes in second. The only reason I wouldn't repurchase is because there are so many other mascaras to try

on 9/22/2015 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

You know what? I like this. I really do. I'm a cheap @$$ so that's saying something but this is NICE. The first time I tried it, I liked it but I somehow got a lot of smudging on my upper lid almost like a liner mess so I'm glad I wasn't wearing anything else. But the second time I was more careful. This is WET. But impactful. I can't see myself spending so much on a mascara....but for once a HE brand gets something RIGHT and worth the cost, for the most part. I still think you can get close enough for cheaper, since I really hate to spend so much on mascara of all things (it only lasts so long!!) But it was smart to make this the free ulta Birthday gift. I think they'll sell a lot this way. It's dramatic and sexy. I am really glad I got to try this.

After using it more, it does smudge easily, and badly. Ughh not good! I mean granted I get tired and rub my eyes and forget it's on, but even on application it gets messy. It's probably ok for those who are used to that and are careful but I can't deal with all the drama.

on 9/18/2015 8:51:00 AM

Love this! Got it as the ulta birthday gift and just purchased a full size tube. It is the best mascara I've used for giving my eyelashes extra length and volume - plus it doesn't flake during the day :)

on 9/8/2015 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm on my second tube of this. The color is super black and looks great against any eyeshadow. The formula is a bit wet at first, almost mousse-like, so I did find myself applying multiple coats to build volume in the first few weeks, but I like having this kind of control. I can see how this would be frustrating for people who really want volume; the wetness of the formula doesn't build as readily at first but does get better the longer you own it. I also like that because this is a wetter formula, one tube lasted about six months before it started to cake during application. I know that's technically a "no-no" but buying high end makeup can get pricey (and who cares if I'm the only one using it).

I love that the wand is not rubber and doesn't have spikes that poke me in the eye (looking at you Too Faced). It is a large wand but I got the hang of it after the first few applications. The longevity of the formula is fantastic - no flaking, smudging, or traveling whatsoever. The other side of this coin is that if you really pile it on (I'm a mascara junkie...thank you short Asian eyelashes) it takes a bit of extra face wash to get it off completely, otherwise you end up with raccoon eyes. But I'm ok with this since the product is reliably awesome.

I'm not sure if I will ever find a holy grail mascara, but this comes pretty darn close.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I'm a big UD fan, but this fell so short for me. There was so much hype around it, and I could not wait to get it, but it did not live up to my expectations. I can't remember anything specifically bad about it, but it just did not deliver on it's claims. I didn't get the big, dramatic lashes this promised. Just sort of meh, and for the price tag, that's not cool.

Yes, I did use it with the primer. Still not great.

on 8/22/2015 9:43:00 AM

I had to weigh in on this because of some of the reviews I've been reading. I am on a constant quest for a mascara that provides any kind of volume or length to my short lashes. The biggest problem I have found is that many of the uber mascaras end up a clumpy mess on me while the ultra natural ones just color my lashes. Perversion does neither of these...which is a good thing. It builds natural-but-better lashes on me, adding length and a little volume without a single clump. I noticed that many of the so-so reviews here are from women who already have long lashes, so I can see why they wouldn't find it to be a big deal. On me, however, it looks beautiful. and enhances my eyes without looking like I pile it one.

Another note: Some of the reviews mention smudging. I have had zero problem with this, but I also use the primer underneath. While some may see that as a waste of time, I wonder if that's what makes the difference. I go all day with no issues there, Also, with the primer, I apply only one coat of the mascara, adding a light second coat to the lashes at the outer corners of my eyes.

Why did I give it 4 lippies instead of 5? Because the brush is nothing special, and Perversion is a little pricey and requires the extra step of the primer. It's not my HG, but it's good stuff.

Video Reviews & Tutorials