March 2, 2015 | 1969 users online

Mascara - Urban Decay - Perversion Mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2015 11:07:00 AM More reviews by Sbreezy29

I liked this at first, because it does seem to lengthen my lashes, but...it's extremely clumpy, especially towards the end of the tube! I had to blot it a lot before putting it on. I definitely would not spend $22 on this again!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2015 9:56:00 AM More reviews by sarahmedeiros

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't usually do reviews on mascara because I find that most tend to look fine on my already long, black lashes. However, after buying this because of a Sephora employee going on and on about how incredible it is (major peer pressure), I had to inform you lovelies about how awful this is. I applied one thin coat on my lashes and immediately noticed many tiny clumps, and already lots of fallout. I thought hmm, that's odd. So I curled them to see if that would fix the tiny clumps. HA. I suddenly had 3 huge eyelashes! All of them clumped together, destroying my eyeshadow and concealer underneath with waves of fallout and debris. It took my an extra 20 minutes to redo the damage that had been done to my usually great lashes. I had to start my eye makeup over. This went directly back in box, as I'm not sure what to do with it now. All I know is for 34 dollars, this was the biggest letdown I've ever purchased, especially from Urban Decay.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2015 1:39:00 PM More reviews by pualonnie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This covers lashes with a velvety, rich black, coat of mascara. It lengthens quite well, goes on easily, doesn't clump or flake. It dries to a nice finish and is not stiff. Simply a wonderful mascara. I removed with a diy remover made from witch hazel and olive oil. Came off easily. Highly recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2015 4:53:00 PM More reviews by yasmine057

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

So I got this mascara on sale and figured it wouldn't hurt to try it. I must say, it's pretty great. It does the most amazing job lengthening lashes. My lashes are pretty long and full to begin with, but when I used this mascara, it made them look twice as long and voluminous. I was shocked. So many people asked me if I was using fake lashes. I fell in love, it does an amazing job lengthening lashes, I think the only thing I wish I did more of was making your lashes fuller. I mean they don't look bad, but I just love super full and long lashes.

The formula is very liquidy, so if you like dryer formulas, you might not like this mascara. At first it was kind of messy, but after a couple days I got the hang of it and it was magical. The greatest part is that it lasts ALL day no smudging, no flaking. I even go to the gym (intense workout) and it doesn't budge. I have oily eyelids so I have trouble finding mascaras that last all day.

I also noticed, theres A LOT of product in that tube. I compared it to my Better than Sex, Smashbox and Makeup Forever mascaras and theres about 12ml where the others are all under 9ml, which essentially means it will last you a long time.

I would definitely repurchase this mascara! Hope this helps! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2015 1:19:00 PM More reviews by HottSauce

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is the blackest mascara I have ever bought. Quest completed! Most mascaras, even if they are labeled "blackest black", they are not black enough for me, most of them end up a gray-black.

This is definitely a lengthening mascara rather than a volumizing. It really gives tons of length to my average length lashes+ true black formula, it's length that you can actually see. The brush is a traditional spoolie brush that picks up way too much product which happens to be really really wet and it can easily clump, but that is easily fixed by taking off the excess and apply one coat at a time and using an eyelash comb also helps. This layers well and when this dries(when it finally dries) and my lashes are not hard or crunchy and feel inglike I could snap them off, it a flexible formula which i appreciate very much! Easy to remove, I use baby oil or almond oil which cuts through everything.

If I could change one thing about this masacra, it would be that this mascara could hold a curl better. My lashes long-ish and thick(thanks Caucasian mother) yet they are so straight and even have that downward slant(thanks Asian father). This formula is wet and heavy and doesn't hold well, needs a primer or a good holding/waterproof mascara underneath and then it's fine.

Overall: true BLACK + LONG lashes. Yes!

EDIT: Wear time and ability- lasts the whole day with minimal flaking and no smearing. It is winter here in a cold and dry country and Im curious how it performs with warmer/humid weather but until then, this mascara is a winner!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2015 4:46:00 PM More reviews by clairesque

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

i was really excited to try this when i got a sample of it but this mascara was very disappointing. the full size is $22 and it really isnt any better than a drugstore mascara for a quarter of that price. i love how fluffy the brush is but it tends to get really clumpy. it did make my lashes look full and long but, as i said, not to a greater extent than any drugstore mascara. the one thing i do really love about this which makes me want to try different UD mascaras is the formula. my lashes feel really really soft with this mascara on, and this is the only mascara i have used that has held up after taking a nap in it! it didnt leave smudges on my pillow or around my eyes, and my lashes after i woke up looked exactly like they did when i first applied the mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2015 4:42:00 AM More reviews by rachellelkelley

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really love most things Urban Decay. I liked Lush Lash very much and have wanted to try their other mascaras. This is a nice mascara. It may not be the best one I've ever used, but it is nice. It makes my lashes long and black. I love that they don't feel stiff when I wear it and don't look fake. It doesn't seem to clump at all, and washes off easily. I'm not sure it's a go to but it isn't bad. I love UD!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2015 7:09:00 PM More reviews by Laurad01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I returned this... The main reason being that it didn't do any better than my L'oreal Voluminous (my HG mascara) so I didn't see the point in keeping it when I can stick to my old faithful for less than half the price. The brush is really good and the formulation is great, just not good enough to warrant the price in my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2015 8:23:00 AM More reviews by Christac3698

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The fact that I have repurchased this product says a lot. Mascara is typically something that I consistently purchase something I haven't tried when I run out of the product. This is one that's a keeper for me right now.

The formula itself is wet, and the brush is workable, but when rushing, I have smudged on my eyelid, after eye shadow application, ugh. It dries quick enough to do a second coat without waiting forever.

There are 2 reasons why I took a lippie away. The first of which is that the mascara looks it's best when using the subversion eyelash primer, it can be used without, but it makes a big difference. So much so, that I purchased a full size of the subversion primer, which makes the total price take for use around $42. That's a lot for a mascara. Hence the second reason, the price is definitely a big bummer.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2015 2:19:00 AM More reviews by Tania1346

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This mascara blew me away.. I had heard all the hype and wanted to try it out & got the sample first. The sample lasted such a long time and was amazing so when it was done I went and bought the full-sized and I'm in love. It perfectly gives my lashes the volume & colour while adding just the right amount of clump-ness. It feels so velvety when applied. Only downside is that it is difficult to take off and often makes a mess unless I use bioderma.