September 20, 2014 | 1879 users online

Mascara - Urban Decay - Perversion Mascara

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 9/19/2014 9:36:00 AM More reviews by missprissdoesablog

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to love this mascara. It was point on with both making my lashes thick and long and it's a dry formula, which works really well with my lashes. The problem is that 3 hrs into wearing it smudges under my eyes like no other mascara I've used, both drugstore and department. I think they just need to work on the formula or it may just be me. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2014 5:26:00 AM More reviews by Halloqueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this so far....Could maybe be an HG mascara, but we'll see. I love the old school brush, which is soft, but firm enough to get in and get close to the lashline and pick up stragglers, but it works surprisingly well on lower lashes, too. To me...the formula is rather dry, but I love that about it. I don't get smudges, and I don't have to wait forever for it to dry. I also like that it doesn't look clumpy or fake...and it isn't stiff or crunchy. It makes my lashes longer, darker and thicker, without raccoon eyes. I'm able to apply a couple of coats without lashes sticking together or looking spidery or unnatural. It didn't flake or smudge, and lasted 18 hours without disappearing. I haven't yet tried the Subversion, but if it makes this mascara better, then it will truly be HG material.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2014 7:37:00 PM More reviews by Emalu

Received this product in an Ipsy GlamBag and will definitely be purchasing the full-size product once out. Great mascara, great color (deep black), great texture (creamy and soft), great staying-power (no drying or flaking). My only complaint is under-eye smudges after long-day wear in my active line of work (healthcare) on combination skin (oily forehead and t-zone). Not perfect, but worth it for comfort, lash volume, and overall quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2014 5:35:00 PM More reviews by BexieMUA

This is the only mascara to ever make me actually say wow as I put it on! Before this one I not only never saw the need to spend more than 6 dollars on mascara (even though I have tried many high end ones), I also hated the wet formula Mascaras. But this one is perfect! Gives me thickness, length, and it's so black. If I could nitpick one thing it would be that it takes a while to dry on lashes and that means having to deal with the occasional smudge, but for this wonderful thing I'll deal with it! Repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2014 3:21:00 PM More reviews by Kellitor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love love love his mascara. I have a disgusting amount of mascaras and I have the same problem with all of them: raccoon eyes. No matter what I do, I always get 'coon eyes. I found that using an eye primer, concealer and powdering overtop of all of that lessens the problem with most mascaras, but it never makes the problem go away completely. Except with this mascara. Now, if I don't prime, powder and conceal I still have SOME smudging, but it is significantly less than any other mascara- even ones marked as 'smudge-proof' or 'waterproof'. The one problem I have to watch with this mascara is that it is VERY wet, and the brush is kind of big. I have to be careful or I end up making a huge mess of my makeup. regardless of that little quirk, it is the best mascara I've ever tried, high end or drug store.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/9/2014 10:55:00 PM More reviews by froglet

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really don't like this mascara. I've tried to make it work for the past two weeks but every day it been a clumpy mess that smears under my eyes, leaving me looking like a total raccoon within 2 hours. I've tried it with and without the subversion primer, I've tried powdering my lashes and under my eyes before applying, I've worn it in only my air conditioned house, and still big raccoon smears. And removing it, forget it! Not even oil was working, and it just laughed and laughed at my Neutrogena Eye Makeup Remover. Recently I recieved a sample from sephora for BeneFit They're Real and tried that today, no smears at all, even outside in the Florida heat and humidity. I'm going to buy that instead, I like it sooo much better!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2014 6:20:00 PM More reviews by thatpoisonivy1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I purchased this mascara at my local ULTA store, and I have to say: this is--by far--the best mascara that I own! It was on the pricey side, coming in at $22, but the bonus of this is that I received an extra gift with it; the Urban Decay Subversion lash primer! These two together give me both length and volume like I haven't seen since the Covergirl Lash Blast Volume and Great Lash Lots of Lashes mascaras! The primer thickens my lashes with a very nice, creamy consistency product and lengthens them before the mascara is applied, and I love it! The formula is a little on the wet side, as when I close my eyes to finish my makeup with the All Nighter setting spray of the same brand and it smears on my lid, but that's nothing a q-tip can't fix! Kudos UD!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2014 11:42:00 AM More reviews by LogicGunn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm generally a cheap mascara kind of girl, I find the 3 ones to be as good as the 30 ones, but I bought this because I had read so many glowing reviews.

It definitely lives up to the hype of big, bold, blacker-than-black lashes. It has a nice, wet formula which easily coats evenly and works especially well over the Subversion lash primer. I love how long it holds the curl and doesn't flake off or clump even after several coats.

I also like the size of the tube and handle: the big round packaging makes it really easy to control and maneuver. The brush is big and bristled but I've not found myself applying the mascara to my lids, and the corner lashes are easy to cover.

I'm in two minds on how good the value is. It's a 5* mascara but is it really worth being more than double a 4* mascara? Jury is still out, but I will be repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/1/2014 1:13:00 PM More reviews by Femmegirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Cons: Extremely wet, weighed lashes down even with primer provided

Pros: Darkest black I've yet to find in a mascara

If this mascara held my curl and didn't make them droop or turn into stick figured straight lashes, I'd keep it because I LOVE how black it is. I've tried applying one coat after primer half dried and then let the mascara dry a bit before I put on another coat and it was still an epic fail.

In all, pass this one up and try something else. Sorry Urban Decay, but how on earth did this pass quality control?

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2014 12:58:00 PM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm torn on this one. I love the soft, fluffy brush and that it gives me dark lashes with good volume. However, I have to swipe the excess off on the back of my hand prior to using it and if I put on more than one coat -- they clump together. I don't have issues with flaking and it works nice on lower lashes. I just can't see myself buying a full size of this mascara when I know that a lot will be wasted (wiping excess each time) and that it clumps. It does work better over a lash primer tho (I like Lancome Cils Booster)