Urban Decay Perversion Mascara

3.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Water/Eau), Synthetic Beeswax, Acacia Senegal Gum, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (Cera Carnauba/Cire de Carnuba), Butylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, Polybutene, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Aminomethyl Propanol, Pentylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Potassium Sorbate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Soluble Collagen, Myristic Acid, Arachidic Acid, Behenic Acid, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Oleic Acid, Mel (Honey/Miel) Extract, Sodium PCA,Hydrolyzed Elastin, Glycogen, Serine. [+/- (May Contain/Peut contenir): CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)].

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I'm a big UD fan, but this fell so short for me. There was so much hype around it, and I could not wait to get it, but it did not live up to my expectations. I can't remember anything specifically bad about it, but it just did not deliver on it's claims. I didn't get the big, dramatic lashes this promised. Just sort of meh, and for the price tag, that's not cool.

Yes, I did use it with the primer. Still not great.

on 8/22/2015 9:43:00 AM

I had to weigh in on this because of some of the reviews I've been reading. I am on a constant quest for a mascara that provides any kind of volume or length to my short lashes. The biggest problem I have found is that many of the uber mascaras end up a clumpy mess on me while the ultra natural ones just color my lashes. Perversion does neither of these...which is a good thing. It builds natural-but-better lashes on me, adding length and a little volume without a single clump. I noticed that many of the so-so reviews here are from women who already have long lashes, so I can see why they wouldn't find it to be a big deal. On me, however, it looks beautiful. and enhances my eyes without looking like I pile it one.

Another note: Some of the reviews mention smudging. I have had zero problem with this, but I also use the primer underneath. While some may see that as a waste of time, I wonder if that's what makes the difference. I go all day with no issues there, Also, with the primer, I apply only one coat of the mascara, adding a light second coat to the lashes at the outer corners of my eyes.

Why did I give it 4 lippies instead of 5? Because the brush is nothing special, and Perversion is a little pricey and requires the extra step of the primer. It's not my HG, but it's good stuff.

on 8/18/2015 4:39:00 PM

I LOVE this mascara. It makes my lashes sooo long and gives them a lot of volume. I still like to use my curler with them because it gives them more length though.

on 8/16/2015 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this to see what all the hype was about...my cousin told me she LOVES this.so I tried it and....not that great for me.
I thought I would like it...I love mascaras that have big plush brushes....but, this didn't do anything for me..
I already have long lashes , so n I just need volume and this didn't do much....
This mascara smudges, he gets all over and I have NO IDEA WHY?? For me it's worse then just a regular store brand mascara....
I thought I would love it and re-tried on multiple times. Doesn't work for me at all...
Maybe if I get a sample I will try it again ..other then that, I will use up my supply of this mascara right now and then I will be done with this mascara!!!

So I received this as my birthday gift at Ulta and all I can say is, thank goodness I didn't spend any money on this! I was so pleased when I first put it on.. I went about my business for about 2 hours and I looked in the mirror and there was SO MUCH SMUDGING! There are plenty of mascaras at the drugstore for less than $10 that look better and outlast this mascara!

on 8/16/2015 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm on the fence with this mascara... It makes my lashes look beautiful with just one or two coats. Packaging is attractive and I like the brush. However, it smudges on me throughout the day. I guess that I will stick with my Benefit They're Real. Not as dramatic as UD, which I'll miss, but doesn't smudge at all.

on 8/14/2015 3:12:00 PM

I got the birthday Ulta sample, too. I actually really, really love it. The packaging is sleek and sexy, the wand is plush and feels almost silky gliding through your lashes. Draggy brushes give me the willies, this is almost like a sensual experience lol. The formula is wet, very dark, and not too thick or thin. I had no problems during application, no clumping or getting gunk on parts of my face I don't want mascara on. The end result is glossy, black, lifted, and fanned out lashes. I will say that the lengthening/volumizing properties aren't insane, but I really like and prefer the wide-eyed natural(ish) look this mascara gives my lashes. No flaking or smudging and it stayed on all day. It didn't irritate my eyes, with or without contacts. There will be some globs of mascara on the wand you'll want to clean off before applying, but this is a minor thing and fairly unavoidable with mascara.

It's more difficult to remove than other mascaras (easier than waterproof though), but I always double cleanse with an oil based cleanser first no matter what so that doesn't bother me.

Honestly, I'll probably buy this one with my own dollarz once my sample is done!

on 8/12/2015 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I got a sample of this as a birthday gift from Ulta and I really like it! The packaging feels really sleek and cool to the touch. The formula itself isn't too clumpy and the brush is soft so it doesn't irritate my eyes. It lengthens my lashes with causing them to curl all the way up to my eyelid and gives them volume and definition. I didn't even have to use a lash curler. I would say this is my holy grail of a mascara, I just don't have $22 to drop on a mascara right now. guess it's time to look for a drug store dupe but this gets an A+++ in my book.

on 8/10/2015 1:27:00 PM

overall this mascara was nothing special, I have naturally long eyelashes and i feel this mascara didn't fill them to their full potential, and I felt that it didn't last long. I've had better results from using loreal mascaras which are half the price. I love the packaging of this product but I won't be buying it again.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

This mascara I would say is OK. I love the packaging, it looks sleek and clean. I love love love the brush, its very soft and doesnt poke my eyes.
Now lets talk about the performance. I dont use the primer just because. One layer doesnt do anything to my lashes. I find 3 layers is enough to give me A decent volume and length, basically my lashes becomes more existent. I could achieve the same effect with just one coat of the essence i love crazy volume mascara.
It lasts me all day, no flaking, no smudging, which is good.
What i really really like abt this mascara is that it doesnt clump no matter how many times i coat it (the most i've done is 4 coats-i dont see why anyone should exceed this amount).
I find that applying it by rocking it horizontally gives it the most effect. Only brushing it through my lashes doesnt do anything to my lashes in other words it looks too natural which isnt the look i would go for.
It's easy to remove, i use soap free facial cleanser and it goes off easily, at least 90% is gone, any leftover i just wipe off with a damp cotton.
The only con for me is the price. I would expect more from this mascara with the price it comes with.
I will use this mascara until i run out of it. Its not a bad mascara, ive had worse. But i wont repurchase.

Video Reviews & Tutorials