December 19, 2014 | 616 users online

Mascara - Urban Decay - Perversion Mascara

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 12/12/2014 3:49:00 PM More reviews by Khandigirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am disappointed with this mascara, after using it both with and without the primer. I got this in the Little Perversions gift set, which came with three UD liners, the mascara and primer. As the reviewer below me mentioned, to make the mascara work, I had to use a different mascara wand to fan out my lashes, which I don't like to do, especially if I'm in a hurry! I'm giving it one lippie for the color (super black), one for its staying power when used with the primer (lasted all day on me with no flakes) and one for the volume it gave me at the base of my lashes. Other than that, I found Perversion to be Clump City and it didn't lengthen much at all! The primer helped with the lasting power but increased the amount of clumpiness for me. I'll stick to my Cover Girl Clump Crusher, so much cheaper and more effective. Clump Crusher, I'm sorry I strayed!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2014 9:23:00 PM More reviews by prettylilgurl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I give it a 4 for the following reasons: this mascara gives volume but I find the need to layer it with another to get my desired lashes. The pigment is great, but when it has accidentally entered my eyes it irritated them. The brush delivers alot of product onto the lashes so sometimes it does clump.
Quick tip: If you find it clumpy, brush it out with another mascara with plastic bristles do not try to brush it out with the same wand.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2014 8:26:00 AM More reviews by pinkmouse09

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Received this in my Ipsy. Gives a natural, yet noticeable look to my lashes. For an every day look, o don't even need to curl!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/4/2014 3:18:00 PM More reviews by cassiebee7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The brush clumps easily. I washed it with hot water to wash off old dried mascara, but it started clumping again. Nothing special about his mascara. Personally I like maybe line mascaras the best. Nothing can compare. And for a fraction of the price

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2014 9:48:00 AM More reviews by sadafmb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used mascara's from most of the leading brands including Armani, Chanel, Dior, YSL, Shu Umera, as well as drugstore brands, but this one is definitely the BEST. It gives me the result I was always looking for without making my eye lashes look like spider legs.
Will definitely buy this again and highly recommend this product!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2014 11:12:00 PM More reviews by seaspray2242

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

So I picked this mascara up as one of my 100 point gifts from Sephora, knowing nothing about it but I saw that it was by Urban Decay, I thought it ought to be good as they make such amazing eye makeup. The formula lasts a long time for me, no smudging or flaking (good for my tiny hooded eyes), VERY creamy, not drying at all! Probably the most creamiest mascara I've tried. It takes a while for it to finally set which is good if you like layering mascaras, however since I have longer eyelashes naturally and with my hooded eyes, I have to be careful while its drying as to not blink too hard and get black smears on my eyelids. Very minimal clumping, you'd have to put a lot of mascara on to clump. Can't say if it holds a curl well since I don't curl my eyelashes. It's honestly the best of both worlds- it lengthens but is still quite voluminous and black, but not soo volumizing that my eyelashes are short and fat. I love the packaging as with all other UD products, nice sleek and not too gaudy, kind of like this chromy grey packaging with lilac font. The wand is like the traditional wand, but just a bit thicker, and doesn't do that weird thing where a big glob of mascara gets on the tip of the wand. The wand isn't also flimsy and bendable like some, but the bristles aren't harsh. I would give it a 4.5 only because of the whole creamy dabs getting on my eyelids while its drying and because of the price. What can I say? I'm cheap! It runs for $26CAD per tube btw, but it's worth it and you totally get what you pay for! Defiantly will be repurchasing... I think I've found my HG mascara...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2014 1:40:00 PM More reviews by Pilky

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love love love this little beauty! I apply it every morning, it looks gorgeous and when I go to remove it on an evening it still looks like it did when I put it on. It applies smoothly, doesn't clump and removes easily. Used with the subversion primer it is even better. I bought mine from Amazon so it didn't cost full retail price. Good stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2014 4:38:00 PM More reviews by bethe4123

?? I don't know how I feel about this. I received a sample in my ipsy bag...tried it & very meh at first. It would separate my lashes TOO much and make them look skinny and thinner. I didn't want to add too many coats because then I feared they would be clumpy and separated too much and that looks horrible. Anyways, I continued to use it for a few weeks and then I LOVED it. It worked perfectly at that time maybe because it dried out a little? The formula was awesome at the time, so I purchased the full size. I have had it for a couple weeks and it is still not doing it for me, just like before. Should I let this stuff dry out a little again? I don't know how I feel about it. I want to love it like I did the sample, especially for the price I paid for it.

Edit: If I blow on this a little... to I guess...dry it out? It seems to be a little thicker and not so separating. It is definitely dark and makes my lashes pretty bold. They aren't so thin and separated anymore. I don't want my lashes to ever be clumpy, and I guess this is a good middle ground. The price is still pretty steep, however. Changed to 4 stars.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2014 4:12:00 PM More reviews by nagasakisteph

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this in a set with the lash primer on a whim, but wasn't expecting much after seeing the reviews here. So, I was pleasantly surprised when I tried it out and found it to be one of the best mascaras I've ever used!

Used together with the lash primer, this is the closest to a false-lashes look I've ever achieved without actually wearing false eyelashes. It also doesn't smudge or give me panda eyes at all (whether I use the primer first or not) - I ALWAYS get panda eyes with mascara, so I'm genuinely amazed with how well this stays put! The only downside I've found is that it can sometimes look a little clumpy if I'm not careful when applying a second coat.

It doesn't seem to be for everyone, but for me it did everything it said it would - inky, dramatic, visibly lengthened eyelashes - and has replaced Dior's Black Out mascara as my new favourite.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/8/2014 2:26:00 PM More reviews by Nstupak

I normally love urban decay products but this mascara was a huge bummer. It goes on great, then it takes forever to dry. Within a couple hours it is constantly smudging everywhere. I ended up throwing it away even though it carried a hefty price. I wouldn't recommend it personally.