Urban Decay Perversion Mascara

3.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Water/Eau), Synthetic Beeswax, Acacia Senegal Gum, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (Cera Carnauba/Cire de Carnuba), Butylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, Polybutene, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Aminomethyl Propanol, Pentylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Potassium Sorbate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Soluble Collagen, Myristic Acid, Arachidic Acid, Behenic Acid, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Oleic Acid, Mel (Honey/Miel) Extract, Sodium PCA,Hydrolyzed Elastin, Glycogen, Serine. [+/- (May Contain/Peut contenir): CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)].

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I love this mascara! I've hated mascaras before this because they've felt heavy on my eyes. To be fair though my eyelashes are fairly long so they don't need help on that I just have light colored eyelashes so this makes them stand out. This can be applied heavily and gives me a false eyelashes effect or very lightly for a natural look. It doesn't clump for me or leave smudging or panda eyes after a few hours (which seems to always happen to me) and it holds curl. My eyelashes still somehow feel soft with this. It's easy to remove with warm water but I was shocked that it didn't smear all over my face when I started crying once. And apparently it has something in it to help your lashes grow?! I didn't know but I can tell especially in my bottom lashes that they are even longer than before!

on 3/27/2015 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I am really confused reading all of these reviews. The negatives seem to be clumpy wet smudgey. I don't get any of that, maybe a bit of smudging, but what I do get is not remarkable either. This is a very standard dry mascara on me, it slightly defines but gives a pretty natural look even with three layers. No clumping whatsoever on me, I did not need to use a spoolie or comb. It is not bigger or blacker, despite the saying on the tube. Definitely not blacker than most mascaras. It is fine, that is all. No need for me to buy again, it does not give the dramatic look I want, and frankly I can get a just fine mascara much cheaper at the drug store.

on 3/22/2015 3:36:00 PM

This is not a bad mascara at all. But by the end of the day, I had raccoon eyes. It did a great job of coverage...but it didn't stand the test of time.

on 2/23/2015 11:07:00 AM

I liked this at first, because it does seem to lengthen my lashes, but...it's extremely clumpy, especially towards the end of the tube! I had to blot it a lot before putting it on. I definitely would not spend $22 on this again!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I don't usually do reviews on mascara because I find that most tend to look fine on my already long, black lashes. However, after buying this because of a Sephora employee going on and on about how incredible it is (major peer pressure), I had to inform you lovelies about how awful this is. I applied one thin coat on my lashes and immediately noticed many tiny clumps, and already lots of fallout. I thought hmm, that's odd. So I curled them to see if that would fix the tiny clumps. HA. I suddenly had 3 huge eyelashes! All of them clumped together, destroying my eyeshadow and concealer underneath with waves of fallout and debris. It took my an extra 20 minutes to redo the damage that had been done to my usually great lashes. I had to start my eye makeup over. This went directly back in box, as I'm not sure what to do with it now. All I know is for 34 dollars, this was the biggest letdown I've ever purchased, especially from Urban Decay.

on 2/21/2015 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

This covers lashes with a velvety, rich black, coat of mascara. It lengthens quite well, goes on easily, doesn't clump or flake. It dries to a nice finish and is not stiff. Simply a wonderful mascara. I removed with a diy remover made from witch hazel and olive oil. Came off easily. Highly recommend.

on 2/12/2015 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

So I got this mascara on sale and figured it wouldn't hurt to try it. I must say, it's pretty great. It does the most amazing job lengthening lashes. My lashes are pretty long and full to begin with, but when I used this mascara, it made them look twice as long and voluminous. I was shocked. So many people asked me if I was using fake lashes. I fell in love, it does an amazing job lengthening lashes, I think the only thing I wish I did more of was making your lashes fuller. I mean they don't look bad, but I just love super full and long lashes.

The formula is very liquidy, so if you like dryer formulas, you might not like this mascara. At first it was kind of messy, but after a couple days I got the hang of it and it was magical. The greatest part is that it lasts ALL day no smudging, no flaking. I even go to the gym (intense workout) and it doesn't budge. I have oily eyelids so I have trouble finding mascaras that last all day.

I also noticed, theres A LOT of product in that tube. I compared it to my Better than Sex, Smashbox and Makeup Forever mascaras and theres about 12ml where the others are all under 9ml, which essentially means it will last you a long time.

I would definitely repurchase this mascara! Hope this helps! :)

on 2/10/2015 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

This is the blackest mascara I have ever bought. Quest completed! Most mascaras, even if they are labeled "blackest black", they are not black enough for me, most of them end up a gray-black.

This is definitely a lengthening mascara rather than a volumizing. It really gives tons of length to my average length lashes+ true black formula, it's length that you can actually see. The brush is a traditional spoolie brush that picks up way too much product which happens to be really really wet and it can easily clump, but that is easily fixed by taking off the excess and apply one coat at a time; Using an eyelash comb also helps. When this dries(when it finally dries) and my lashes are not hard or crunchy and feeling like I could snap them off, it's a flexible formula which i appreciate very much! Easy to remove, I use baby oil or almond oil which cuts through everything.

If I could change one thing about this mascara, it would be that this mascara could hold a curl better. My lashes long-ish and thick(thanks Caucasian mother) yet they are so straight and even have that downward slant(thanks Asian father). This formula is wet and heavy and doesn't hold well, needs a primer or a good holding/waterproof mascara underneath and then it's fine.

Overall: true BLACK + LONG lashes. Yes!

EDIT: Wear time and ability- lasts the whole day with minimal flaking. It is winter here in a cold and dry country and Im curious how it performs with warmer/humid weather but until then, this mascara is a winner!

on 2/9/2015 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

i was really excited to try this when i got a sample of it but this mascara was very disappointing. the full size is $22 and it really isnt any better than a drugstore mascara for a quarter of that price. i love how fluffy the brush is but it tends to get really clumpy. it did make my lashes look full and long but, as i said, not to a greater extent than any drugstore mascara. the one thing i do really love about this which makes me want to try different UD mascaras is the formula. my lashes feel really really soft with this mascara on, and this is the only mascara i have used that has held up after taking a nap in it! it didnt leave smudges on my pillow or around my eyes, and my lashes after i woke up looked exactly like they did when i first applied the mascara.

I really love most things Urban Decay. I liked Lush Lash very much and have wanted to try their other mascaras. This is a nice mascara. It may not be the best one I've ever used, but it is nice. It makes my lashes long and black. I love that they don't feel stiff when I wear it and don't look fake. It doesn't seem to clump at all, and washes off easily. I'm not sure it's a go to but it isn't bad. I love UD!

Video Reviews & Tutorials