Urban Decay Perversion Mascara

3.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Water/Eau), Synthetic Beeswax, Acacia Senegal Gum, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (Cera Carnauba/Cire de Carnuba), Butylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, Polybutene, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Aminomethyl Propanol, Pentylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Potassium Sorbate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Soluble Collagen, Myristic Acid, Arachidic Acid, Behenic Acid, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Oleic Acid, Mel (Honey/Miel) Extract, Sodium PCA,Hydrolyzed Elastin, Glycogen, Serine. [+/- (May Contain/Peut contenir): CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)].

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I rarely stray away from my usual mascara MAC Extended Play but I had an urge to buy just *something* and picked this up along with the perversion eyeliner. My eyelashes are pretty long and thick naturally but I still like a nice coat of mascara to keep them stay curled and give my face a polished look.

I picked this up and I have used it a quite a few times; I find it clumps easily unless applied carefully with time and feels gloopy when I apply it but the dark black glossy color and how soft my eyelashes felt after applying it makes me switch it up from time to time from my usual EP which can leave my lashes looking and feeling crunchy and dry at times. I will use this up probably but its nothing to rave home about. The brush is nothing special or fancy and sometimes pulls out too much product for my taste. I don't find this to flake but it does take a while to dry and can smear if your not careful.

For me this wasn't mind blowing but I'll keep it around until I toss it or find something better. I think L'Oreal Carbon Black (which I also use and love) is a cheaper alternative to this, just not as glossy. If you want lush, soft, ultra black glossy lashes this is a mascara to try; if your looking for length and definition this might not be for you.

on 4/20/2015 3:27:00 AM

To really understand this mascara - you need couple of days of wearing and applying it. It is not a product you go crazy about right away, your love develops gradually.

I got my hands on this not long ago and I do think this product is probably one of the successful mascara launches in a while. First of all - the bristles of its brush are so soft, even though they are made of plastic yet you will never find poking yourself in the eye. Secondly it gives a good volume without clumping your lashes and can be build up even throughout a day. This is your optimal day to night mascara.

As for me I never noticed it flaking or crumbling underneath my eyes. The formula is neither wet or super dry - so you get a good play time with this mascara. I personally found that the more I use it, the more I like it! It won't add much in the lenght or curl department though, but if you are naturally 'gifted' with long lashes that just need extra dimension - this is the product to try out.

If you want to hear more in-depth thoughts about it, I found a good blog review here. Hope it helps!

on 4/10/2015 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Talk about an impulse buy. I saw this on a Lisa Eldrige video, was rushed in Sephora and needed mascara saw this and thought ok. Bad idea, the brush is promising but it just clumps, get everywhere and it was just flat. I was disappointed , I'm still using it as best as I can because of what I spent on it but I'm looking forward for the tube to be finished. Still on the hunt for the perfect mascara.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I adore Urban Decay but I admit this mascara did nothing for me. It wasn't awful but it wasn't fantastic either. It held a curl but was a bit clumpy and flaked after a few hours. Also, even though I washed it off before bed I still woke up the next day with crusties all over my eyes. I'll be sticking with my Maybelline mascara.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

It is a really good quality mascara!!! The effect is huge voluminous lashes!!! But you have to keep in mind the way you apply it!!! I got it from a "palette" naked on the run I will buy it again

This is just gross! I hate how this thing just clumpsy lashes together and I doesn't lengthen or define so this is a major fail urban decay!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I love this mascara! I've hated mascaras before this because they've felt heavy on my eyes. To be fair though my eyelashes are fairly long so they don't need help on that I just have light colored eyelashes so this makes them stand out. This can be applied heavily and gives me a false eyelashes effect or very lightly for a natural look. It doesn't clump for me or leave smudging or panda eyes after a few hours (which seems to always happen to me) and it holds curl. My eyelashes still somehow feel soft with this. It's easy to remove with warm water but I was shocked that it didn't smear all over my face when I started crying once. And apparently it has something in it to help your lashes grow?! I didn't know but I can tell especially in my bottom lashes that they are even longer than before!

on 3/27/2015 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I am really confused reading all of these reviews. The negatives seem to be clumpy wet smudgey. I don't get any of that, maybe a bit of smudging, but what I do get is not remarkable either. This is a very standard dry mascara on me, it slightly defines but gives a pretty natural look even with three layers. No clumping whatsoever on me, I did not need to use a spoolie or comb. It is not bigger or blacker, despite the saying on the tube. Definitely not blacker than most mascaras. It is fine, that is all. No need for me to buy again, it does not give the dramatic look I want, and frankly I can get a just fine mascara much cheaper at the drug store.

on 3/22/2015 3:36:00 PM

This is not a bad mascara at all. But by the end of the day, I had raccoon eyes. It did a great job of coverage...but it didn't stand the test of time.

on 2/23/2015 11:07:00 AM

I liked this at first, because it does seem to lengthen my lashes, but...it's extremely clumpy, especially towards the end of the tube! I had to blot it a lot before putting it on. I definitely would not spend $22 on this again!

Top Rated Urban Decay Products