January 30, 2015 | 1519 users online

Mascara - Urban Decay - Perversion Mascara

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2015 9:33:00 PM More reviews by ErinK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Pretty impressed. I was bracing myself for yet another mascara disappointment, so I got a sample first. This is pretty unique insofar as it is the lightest, fluffiest formula I have ever found (similar to Better Than Sex, but even more lightweight). Unlike BTS, however, this has a more reasonable brush and doesn't smudge or uncurl my lashes as much. Yay. I still don't care for these klassy sexed-up names, but whatever. This builds a fair bit of fluffed-up volume without the weight. The bristles are super soft and flexible, almost too soft when you're trying to wedge them in (but I'd prefer that over the deadly-sharp Benefit They're Real! brush which has scratched my eye many times). Lashes remain soft and flexible all day. I have given up on a miracle for my thin, sparse, straight lashes, but this is my current favorite. I might even buy the full size.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2015 7:51:00 PM More reviews by llumi

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wasn't really surprised that I liked this product. I like pretty much everything that Urban Decay puts out. I got a sample of this in the mail and kept putting off trying it because it was a very 'wet' mascara and I don't tend to get very good results from them. The power of this beautiful mascara is in the brush. It catches every lash and pulls it out long. You have to let is dry just a tiny bit between applications to get the best use out of it. I didn't find I got spider lashes out of it or a lot of clumping. Just longer, separated, darker lashes. I definitely recommend this for a 'wet' mascara and will buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2015 1:35:00 PM More reviews by patty114

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I received a sample, love it, so my daughter purchased the large size, one stroke, it is ok. But very wet formula, agree with post about spiders. No will not repurchase as L' Oreal Volumous carbon Blackis still my favorite.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2015 9:57:00 AM More reviews by kgloverii

No no no. It's okay if you only do one coat, and want an uber natural look. Any more coats and I look like Chalotte from Charlotte's Web. And once it clumps, it's impossible to brush out with a different mascara brush or a lash comb. It just turns you into even more of a spider. I'm not a super finicky girl when it comes to makeup application in the morning, and if it's not perfect, I usually try to touch up whatever I am doing and keep on trucking. It seems like every time I've tried this mascara, I've ended up washing one eye off and starting over. There are so many better alternatives out there, even wayyyyy cheaper ones like Jordana.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2015 3:52:00 PM More reviews by paolandlove

This mascara is mostly lengthening, not so much thickening. But I like it for "I want to look like I'm not wearing mascara" days...you know? Your lashes look good, but they don't look really dark and unnatural. It's pretty long lasting as well. I liked it, I got it in a palette. I would purchase it myself in the future :-)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2015 4:33:00 AM More reviews by elusivek

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I wanted to love this but I immediately got a reaction when I put it on. I tried it with the primer and without but I couldn't tolerate it. It seemed like an allergic reaction but at the very least it made my eyes water, itch, and swell up. What a mess!!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2015 10:56:00 PM More reviews by NicoFinn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a sample size of this in my tipsy bag one month and was super excited because I LOVE Urban Decay and almost never splurge for full-size high-end mascaras. That being said, after having and using this for about... I'd say two months now, I'm still on the fence about it. Some days I like it, and some days I'm just not happy with it. The brush is excellent; it has natural bristles and is big and full. The formula however is... I don't know. It's inconsistent in how it applies. Some days it applies like a friggin' dream while others I get tangly, clumpy lashes. It's definitely a one coat mascara that's for sure. Super, super volumizing and very black. It's just... eh. I don't know. For me, $22 is just waaaaay too much for this mascara. If it were more like... $15 I might go for it.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2014 10:12:00 PM More reviews by antecubitalfossa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this so much. First the good: it's an ultra-black, ultra-creamy formula that really does make your lashes look thick and long. The bad: it smudges like crazy. Within an hour or two it's all over my lower eyelids. I've started using it on the top lashes only, which seems to have solved the problem, but I'm not sure I'd buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2014 9:48:00 AM More reviews by heket789

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I agree - it is a clumper. The formulation is very thick and heavy, HOWEVER, if I just swipe the additional product against the end of the tube to remove some of it, it wears like a dream, I only use this on my top lashes, I feel it's too heavy for my bottom lashes, but it definitely does give that false eyelash look, definitely one of the better 'high-end' mascaras out there IMO. But again, it is clumpy, so if you remove some of the product before applying, I think you'll agree that it's a pretty good mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2014 3:39:00 AM More reviews by Hera94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

It's an ok mascara. I've never been fond of UD's mascara for one because they never seem to do anything for my lashes and most of their formulas seem pretty heavy on my lashes that it never seem to hold the curl. The hype that was circulating around this just wasn't worth it. Subversion (the primer that was launched with this) did nothing to improve the performance either. Save your penny and get something from Maybelline because this was heavy, clumpy and didn't hold a curl as far as I've used this for a month. I've even tried to curl after applying mascara and I felt like was going to die from lashes sticking to the curler, not like that made any difference on how it held up throughout the day. So. No Go UD.. I still love your eyeshadows though. XP