September 17, 2014 | 1926 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Repairwear uplifting firming cream

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2014 3:23:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received a couple of generous sample sizes to try out. I have oily, sensitive skin and this is light enough to use without causing rashes or greasiness on my skin. For me, I like it as a night cream. I apply a small fingerful to my face and neck area and I feel like it is doing a good job so far. Results came very gradual so this is not an overnight miracle. My skin feels more toned and the dehydrated areas of my face look and feel moisturized and soft. It has a chemical like scent which is off putting to me but I can tolerate it since it fades quickly. I still wear sunscreen everyday and I am debating if this cream will have a permanent place in my skin care regimen. I like what it has done so far so I will have to update once my sample jars run out. Update: This is too much for my skin when used every night. I started to get clogged pores and I had a break out on my left cheek. I will probably see if it fares better in the winter.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2014 8:11:00 AM More reviews by ohtobeinparis

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The switch from winter/spring to summer seems to be rough every year, and again I need to hunt for a cream that is not too heavy, doesn't break me out, moisturizes, is fragrance free and doesn't cost a fortune. Right. This year, since I've had good luck with some Clinique products in the past, I decided to try this moisturizer despite my misgivings about jar packaging. I have to say it is filling the bill and I'm quite satisfied with the results. I add a couple of drops of water to a dab of cream for daytime (making it more of a lotion), and use it unadulterated at night. It absorbs quickly, with no lingering fragrance, although the smell is mildly funky when you first put it on. I still have reservations re the jar, but I minimize this by filling a half ounce sample jar and leaving the big jar in the fridge. Also, I use the tip of a plastic knife as a scoop. Will update as I use up the jar, but so far, this is an acceptable solution to my moisturizer need.