Mary Kay concealer

4.1

Water , Isononyl Isononanoate , Cyclopentasiloxane , Sorbitan Isostearate , Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone , Lauroyl Lysine , PTFE , Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate , Propylene Glycol , Cetyl Dimethicone , Hexyl Laurate , Sodium Chloride , Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein Hydroxypropyl Polysiloxane , Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil , Beeswax , Nylon-12 , Tocopheryl Acetate , Diazolidinyl Urea , Retinyl Palmitate , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract , Lecithin , Cyclohexasiloxane , Titanium Dioxide , Talc , Iron Oxides , Zinc Oxide May Contain Ingredients Ultramarines

on 7/28/2015 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

One of the better concealers I've used, and a good value at this price. Ivory 1 is a good color to counter redness on fair skin. Depending on the time of year and my foundation, I might go for Beige 1 next time. Ivory 1 is very yellow, but seemed better than the cooler Ivory 2 over dark circles, and Yellow was even more yellow than this.

PROS:

$12 a tube seems reasonable, since you only need a dab. A tiny dot spreads out enough to cover a little redness on the sides of my nostrils and my under eye circles.

I am using Ivory 1, which is quite yellow, but blends in imperceptibly.

Coverage is medium to full, depending on how much you use.

Risk of creasing is minimal, but it can happen. I don't use eye cream or slippery silicone products under the concealer because I find it increases the risk of creasing. The consistency is creamy. You are supposed to set with powder.

Stays put very well.

It doesn't irritate my skin at all. Not a tingle. Actually, it's helpful in camouflaging inflammation.

CONS:

It's not the best over dry, flaky skin. It tends to accentuate the flakes.

You have to buy from a Consultant. I've had Consultants I loved and a couple that I truly disliked. Some of them are aggressive and pressure you to only use their line, and borderline stalk you, or send you crying to your therapist. Others are pleasant, and realistic about their expectations of the customer. Depending on the person, customer service can be a breeze...or a trip to Hell. I had a nice one years ago, but it is a roll of the dice.

I am pretty sure this should have come with a tiny piece of hygienic foil over the tip of the tube, and it didn't. This leads me to think that either LR (the Consultant) or another client opened this before I got to it, which is just not nice. I would buy the concealer again, but from a different Consultant next time.

on 4/14/2015 11:21:00 PM

I actually got this on sale from a consultant so I'm sure it was less than five dollars when I got it. It dries matte, covers well, and is thick without being too cakey. I use it on acne and under eyes even though it can be a little drying. However the shade selection is great as they have a yellow concealer specifically meant to correct and be worn under foundation. My beige shade does have more yellow undertone, which is hard to find at a drugstore price I find sometimes, but I really do love it!

I like to have this on hand because it works so well. However, it does tend to look dry at the end of the day. I use it depending on how my skin is doing. It's worth the $10. If my skin is too dry, I use glominerals camouflage, which is expensive but worth it! I use both. Also, used this as an eyelid primer and it lasted ALL DAY- 8am-11pm! No more Urban Decay eye primer for me! :D

on 10/8/2014 5:12:00 PM

I love this concealer! It works pretty well on most days but some days it doesnt. A little bit goes a long way with this so its definetely worth the money. Even though its a small tube it lasts me a long time

on 9/28/2014 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Decent coverage and great color match, looks dry after a full day though

on 7/23/2014 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Eh. Meh. A little too thick and gloopy for me - but since MK reformulates about every 15 minutes who knows if the formula I purchased in 2012 is anywhere near what you are using. I got the Light/Medium (Ivory 2) shade and it is OK - a bit yellow toned (Ivory 1 was way too yellow). Not a bad concealer - but not nearly as good as my Sue Devitt (stick - but also d/c'ed) or Beauticontrol "Extra Help" - which is still available but (also) reformulated.

MK's is medium coverage - and you can build it up to some extent - but it ain't no dermablend!

How I wish I could find a concealer that I love and not have it be d/c'ed or re-formulated!

on 3/8/2014 5:19:00 PM

I HATE THIS CONCEALER , it does'nt even hide my dark circles , I've tried to put this sh*t with my beauty blender and it was worst ,. Super cakey , gone after like 2 hours , take me 10 minutes to put it , idk if it's just MY concealer bc a lot of people seems to like it but anyway . I'm a students and it was expensive , makes me angry -.-

I absolutely love this concealer its one of the best ive ever had. I have really bad dark circles and this concealer does the trick it covers them up completely and makes me look flawless! I would highly recommend this concealer it does its purpose!!(:

on 9/20/2013 11:33:00 AM

This is the best concealer that I have ever used (Ivory 1). I have tried others and keep going back to this one. I've been using it since I was a teenager. I used to have a lot of breakouts and this concealer would hide blemishes really well and wouldn't come off in the water that easily. It works best with a bit of powder on top.

I wish that the packaging wasn't black. It's impossible to see how much product is actually in there.

After reading the reviews I went out and purchased the eye concealer. It performed OK. I would not buy this product again, instead I am looking for something with more cover.

I would recommend this product to you if you don't have a lot to cover up such as dark circles and lots o blemish.

Top Rated Mary Kay Products