LUSH soak 'n' float shampoo bar

3.5

* Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, * Water (Aqua), * Cade Oil (Juniperus oxycedrus), * Lavender Oil (Lavandula hybrida), * Marigold Petals (Calendula officinalis), * Rose Petals (Rosa centifolia), * *Limonene, * *Linalool, * Perfume.

on 4/29/2015 11:42:00 PM

I don't have a problem with dandruff, but SO does. He has thick, curly hair and combination to dry skin. He used to use Head and Shoulders, but it didn't absolutely nothing for him. After a few hours, there would be flake all over his shoulders and scalp. I love my Jumping Juniper shampoo bar from Lush, and I had seen Soak n Float so I decided to buy him one.

It works like a charm. It is the only thing that keeps his flakes at bay for 24+ hours. I do have some complaints. One is that it stinks. The cade oil is what soothes the scalp, but it also smell like thick smoke. The smell eventually grows on you as it is rather "manly" smelling, as it smells like a summertime barbeque. It doesn't last too long on the scalp, but it will stink up the bathroom for a bit. If you're looking for a more delicate scent, then this may not be the product for you. Also, because of the ingredients I guess, the bar seems to break easier than the other shampoo bars. Of course, this may be user error on my SO's part as the shampoo bars do require leaving them away from water and letting them dry between uses to prevent crumbling.

on 4/29/2015 2:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I find Lush shampoo bars really easy to use, including Soak and Float. They lather very well, are easy to travel with, and leave my hair feeling clean and residue free.

However, this did absolutely nothing for my scalp. I have been using this for about 3 months and my scalp is just as flaky as it was before I started using this shampoo.

The smell is also extremely strong. It has a smoke like scent, but it's quite a sharp smell, not a mellow, sweet smoke scent. It permeates my whole bathroom when I use it as well as any cabinet or container its stored in. I don't find the smell noticable on my hair, but that may be because the conditioner I use is heavily scented (Loreal EverCurl).

on 2/21/2015 7:18:00 AM

I bought this after trying pretty much everything that claimed to help with my itchy and flaky scalp.
It's quite expensive at $18 in Korea and $10 in the US.
Yes it smells like cheap rubber sneakers but despite that it has already helped me after just one use.
Lathers very well and the smell doesn't last if you use a decent conditioner.
I really hope it's going to keep helping me out because I'm running out of options.
Will update in case it doesn't.

This was my first shampoo from lush and I am really happy with it!! First of all I have an itchy flakey scalp and oily roots, this really helped. Although It did not cure the dandruff completely it reduced the itching and the flacking. The smell is awful but when the bar is wet you barley smell it and it washes out pretty well. Overall the great results from the bar outweigh the bad smell. I love it!

on 11/5/2014 10:43:00 PM

I have suffered from an itchy scalp and mild dandruff. I had previously been using Head and Shoulders, but I like the idea of a shampoo bar so I decided to try this one, since it is for dandruff. I have been using it for about a month and it is working great! I haven't had any scalp issues since I have been using it. It leaves my dry hair soft and easy to detangle, and I do not use a conditioner. My only issue is the smell. I don't think it smells all that great. It is a very strong campfire smell, as many others have stated. Every so often I get a whiff of it throughout the day. It isn't strong once my hair is dry, but I can definitely smell it. It gets very strong when I sweat during a workout. I doesn't make my whole bathroom smell, unless I leave the lid off of the tin (purchased separately from Lush - a must have to help the bar last in the shower). I can handle the smell if it works, and it does! I had such great results that I ordered the Seanik shampoo bar to try. It immediately caused my scalp to itch. Once I switched back to this one, I had no issues. I will continue to use it, but I do wish it had a better scent.

on 8/15/2014 7:10:00 PM

I want to love this product but I can't. The lady at LUSH assured me that it would cure even severe scalp psoriasis (I only have mild) yet it gave me severe psoriasis all over my scalp which I'm very annoyed by. On the positive side, it made a great difference on my oily hair whilst I was using it as it made it stronger and softer. However, I'm forced to go back to the generic psoriasis shampoos in which make my hair oily and lifeless because this shampoo has ruined my scalp.

on 5/14/2014 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

First I Love the Smell of this bar. It's One of my favourite scents from lush. :) reminds me of bonfire and childhood<3

I bought this shampoo only for the scent, but I can understAnd that it is a like-or-hate perfume.But I Love it <3

The shampoo cleanses very Well, my hair is sqeauky cleAn Even After a oil Treatment. It is a Little Bit drying, but if you use conditioner and Not use it Daily it doesn't Tear out the moisture out of your hair.

I personally don't have dandruff but my father had, he tried it and was pleased about the anti-dandruff Effect. I probanly won't repurchase this for myself, only if I Would get dandruff, But it is a good Working Product :)

on 2/28/2014 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My fiance has mild psoriasis that he's very self-conscious about, and I'd been looking for an alternative to the chemical-filled, medicated, expensive psoriasis shampoos that we'd been trying for over a year. I'm so glad I found this little gem!

Pros:
-it's discreet. He hated having bottles of shampoo and conditioner in the shower and closet that said PSORIASIS all over in huge letters, and is happy that it's just a little, nondescript bar of shampoo that could conceivably be for any hair type

-It works! His psoriasis is much more managed now, there's hardly any dandruff and his scalp looks much less red/irritated than it did when he was using other skin-calming, anti-flake shampoos

Cons:
-It smells awful, to us, anyway. The smell only lasts while it's wet though; it doesn't seem to linger throughout the day once his hair's dry. We don't feel that it's a big deal though, because other psoriasis shampoos that we've tried smell even worse, PLUS he just uses LUSH's Demon In The Dark soap right after shampooing to cover up the shampoo's scent.

on 2/9/2014 5:33:00 AM

Well, first off the picture on here looks nothing like the product in real life, thankfully. I am loving the whole solid shampoo bar thing LUSH is doing so as I have the occasional itchy scalp & flake situation I wanted to try this one. Yes it smells, however when you use it and it lathers up the smell is very light and when you're done washing & drying your hair it completely goes away. It solved the itching problem for me instantly, not the flakes, though, you might need to use it very consistently for that. Another thing is when you use it you must massage the product into your scalp very thorougly and let it sit for a bit for it to work more effectively. Even if it's not a miracle worker for everyone I'm sure it does better for you than average drugstore shampoos as it doesn't leave any weird chemical residue on your hair and scalp. I'll keep testing it and probably going to buy it again.

on 9/8/2013 7:45:00 AM

I purchased this product out of desperation, I needed something to help heal the whelps and blisters left by using Living Proof's Root Lifting Spray.

I was a little scared when reading the reviews, as people stated this shampoo smelled really bad and the picture posted here on MUA looks like a hair ball or something a cat would barf up! Like I said, I was desperate so I went to LUSH and purchased despite my apprehensions. I have to tell you, this product is very underrated and is actually pretty great!

First the smell. Yes, it does smell like a campfire but not obnoxiously so. It has more of a smoky scent that is not too strong and it does rinse out so it doesn't linger in your hair. I really didn't notice the smell lingering in the bathroom like some people claim and I have extremely sensitive sinuses, so if it was bad I would have noticed.

Second, the appearance. This is a solid shampoo bar that lathers extremely well with just 2-3 swipes of the bar directly onto my hair. The soap is all natural and contains seaweed so the pictures shows "hair like" strands that are actually seaweed fibers.

This little bar of shampoo is heaven sent, it is working wonders to help heal the blisters caused by the product referenced above that tore my scalp up in less than 2 weeks of use. The bar also contains lavender oil and I believe chamomile oil as well as marigold which is all very soothing and calming to my scalp. The blisters have actually scabbed over and the inflammation around the blisters is gone so I don't wince every time I run my brush through my hair! The real winning ingredient is the Cade oil contained in this bar, this is what gives it the smoky scent.

I have been applying tea tree oil to the whelps and blisters, which I was doing before this shampoo as well. The combination of the two is definitely helping my scalp to heal, but this shampoo has made a world of difference.

As a side note: since the shampoo is a solid bar, I did purchase one of the little tins to keep it in. Some reviewers talked about the bar getting gummy and gelatinous when left wet in the shower. I keep my bar in the tin and do not leave it in the shower. I also keep the lid off the tin so the shampoo bar can dry overnight after use and then replace the lid in the morning.

I will definitely repurchase and will continue to use even after my scalp heals. It really cleans my scalp and makes it feel refreshed so continued use 2-3 times per month is planned. For right now I am using 2-3 times per week.

Top Rated LUSH Products