October 20, 2014 | 1484 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - soak 'n' float shampoo bar

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2014 7:10:00 PM More reviews by Duckuy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I want to love this product but I can't. The lady at LUSH assured me that it would cure even severe scalp psoriasis (I only have mild) yet it gave me severe psoriasis all over my scalp which I'm very annoyed by. On the positive side, it made a great difference on my oily hair whilst I was using it as it made it stronger and softer. However, I'm forced to go back to the generic psoriasis shampoos in which make my hair oily and lifeless because this shampoo has ruined my scalp.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2014 5:55:00 PM More reviews by EmiTheGreat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

First I Love the Smell of this bar. It's One of my favourite scents from lush. :) reminds me of bonfire and childhood<3

I bought this shampoo only for the scent, but I can understAnd that it is a like-or-hate perfume.But I Love it <3

The shampoo cleanses very Well, my hair is sqeauky cleAn Even After a oil Treatment. It is a Little Bit drying, but if you use conditioner and Not use it Daily it doesn't Tear out the moisture out of your hair.

I personally don't have dandruff but my father had, he tried it and was pleased about the anti-dandruff Effect. I probanly won't repurchase this for myself, only if I Would get dandruff, But it is a good Working Product :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 1:14:00 PM More reviews by thecoralfang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My fiance has mild psoriasis that he's very self-conscious about, and I'd been looking for an alternative to the chemical-filled, medicated, expensive psoriasis shampoos that we'd been trying for over a year. I'm so glad I found this little gem!

Pros:
-it's discreet. He hated having bottles of shampoo and conditioner in the shower and closet that said PSORIASIS all over in huge letters, and is happy that it's just a little, nondescript bar of shampoo that could conceivably be for any hair type

-It works! His psoriasis is much more managed now, there's hardly any dandruff and his scalp looks much less red/irritated than it did when he was using other skin-calming, anti-flake shampoos

Cons:
-It smells awful, to us, anyway. The smell only lasts while it's wet though; it doesn't seem to linger throughout the day once his hair's dry. We don't feel that it's a big deal though, because other psoriasis shampoos that we've tried smell even worse, PLUS he just uses LUSH's Demon In The Dark soap right after shampooing to cover up the shampoo's scent.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2014 5:33:00 AM More reviews by Zelmora

Well, first off the picture on here looks nothing like the product in real life, thankfully. I am loving the whole solid shampoo bar thing LUSH is doing so as I have the occasional itchy scalp & flake situation I wanted to try this one. Yes it smells, however when you use it and it lathers up the smell is very light and when you're done washing & drying your hair it completely goes away. It solved the itching problem for me instantly, not the flakes, though, you might need to use it very consistently for that. Another thing is when you use it you must massage the product into your scalp very thorougly and let it sit for a bit for it to work more effectively. Even if it's not a miracle worker for everyone I'm sure it does better for you than average drugstore shampoos as it doesn't leave any weird chemical residue on your hair and scalp. I'll keep testing it and probably going to buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2013 7:45:00 AM More reviews by Saspants

I purchased this product out of desperation, I needed something to help heal the whelps and blisters left by using Living Proof's Root Lifting Spray.

I was a little scared when reading the reviews, as people stated this shampoo smelled really bad and the picture posted here on MUA looks like a hair ball or something a cat would barf up! Like I said, I was desperate so I went to LUSH and purchased despite my apprehensions. I have to tell you, this product is very underrated and is actually pretty great!

First the smell. Yes, it does smell like a campfire but not obnoxiously so. It has more of a smoky scent that is not too strong and it does rinse out so it doesn't linger in your hair. I really didn't notice the smell lingering in the bathroom like some people claim and I have extremely sensitive sinuses, so if it was bad I would have noticed.

Second, the appearance. This is a solid shampoo bar that lathers extremely well with just 2-3 swipes of the bar directly onto my hair. The soap is all natural and contains seaweed so the pictures shows "hair like" strands that are actually seaweed fibers.

This little bar of shampoo is heaven sent, it is working wonders to help heal the blisters caused by the product referenced above that tore my scalp up in less than 2 weeks of use. The bar also contains lavender oil and I believe chamomile oil as well as marigold which is all very soothing and calming to my scalp. The blisters have actually scabbed over and the inflammation around the blisters is gone so I don't wince every time I run my brush through my hair! The real winning ingredient is the Cade oil contained in this bar, this is what gives it the smoky scent.

I have been applying tea tree oil to the whelps and blisters, which I was doing before this shampoo as well. The combination of the two is definitely helping my scalp to heal, but this shampoo has made a world of difference.

As a side note: since the shampoo is a solid bar, I did purchase one of the little tins to keep it in. Some reviewers talked about the bar getting gummy and gelatinous when left wet in the shower. I keep my bar in the tin and do not leave it in the shower. I also keep the lid off the tin so the shampoo bar can dry overnight after use and then replace the lid in the morning.

I will definitely repurchase and will continue to use even after my scalp heals. It really cleans my scalp and makes it feel refreshed so continued use 2-3 times per month is planned. For right now I am using 2-3 times per week.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2013 9:39:00 PM More reviews by latissia72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have seborrhea, so I am never searching for the impossible: a cure. It is always about controlling the itch and flake-producing planks. I have been using prescription-strength Selsun for nearly thirty years and hating every minute of it (thick, orange nightmare that cannot be rinsed out completely). I have had forays into other shampoos periodically, but nothing controlled the seborrhea as well as the Selsun. I was more than a little encouraged by the reviews on the LUSH site, so I let myself get excited. I was not disappointed by the shampoo. It is controlling the flare ups fairly well. I find the performance of the shampoo enhanced by using in it tandem with the Superbalm. I'm thrilled to be through with the Rx shampoo.

It does smell like five campfires have been lit in your bathroom, but it is not a bad smell just a strong one (I would not want to smell my favorite fragrance this strong). The fragrance dissipates pretty well from the hair after rinsing, and it leaves the bathroom as soon as you store the shampoo bar once it has dried sufficiently. To really eradicate the smell, use another shampoo after this one. The shampoo bar is genius for travel, and lasts a long time.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/13/2013 1:19:00 PM More reviews by icefemme

I kind of oily scalp and dandruff, finally I bought this product but after two weeks of use there is no change, I was very disappointed. and I would not buy this product again.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/29/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by JustieRu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have a really flaky scalp for a while. I've tired almost everything on the market to make it better.but nothing has worked.
My sister suggested I go into lush, and ask them for a shampoo,since all of they're products are natural,with no harsh chemicals.
The worker there suggest the 'soak 'n' float' shampoo bar.
For the first time I used, It was great! It seemed like all of the dandruff was gone.
Unfortunately, after using it for two weeks, my scalp got worse than it ever was and I had to switch shampoo's, quite disappointing.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2013 1:54:00 AM More reviews by ristari

I have bad, recurring dandruff and have tried LOTS of products that didn't work. I am on to my 3rd bar of Lush Soak 'n' Float, so yes this one works for me - like all products you need a week or two before you start seeing results though.

The smell is intense but not too bad once you've finished rinsing it out, and virtually gone once my hair is dry. It is more effective (and less irritating) than my last anti-dandruff shampoos (Garnier Fructis) but I wish it was sulfate-free.

I first used it traveling around Asia and found the solid bar great for air travel, and good for my scalp in humid climates. I do find it dries out my normally oily/combination scalp, particularly in cooler climates in winter, so don't tend to use it more than once a week when I'm in New Zealand.

I recommend using an intensive conditioner and if you find it leaves a residue/build up, I've found a vinegar rinse (1/4 cup vinegar, 3/4 cup warm water) once a week is great!

FYI I am in my 30's, and my hair is dark, long and straight and have an combination oily scalp but dry ends.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2013 3:28:00 AM More reviews by Sured20

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

oh Lush, i want to like you, really i do, every time i get within a mile of your store the lovely smell is so inviting. It lures me in and i have fun smelling everything in sight. unfortunately, the ingredients stink. lush aggravates me because they try to trick people into thinking they are natural and safe. While they do use many natural ingredients, they usually use sulfates and at least some fake perfumes. thats a big no for me. I have gotten a few lip balms in there that i liked, that i'll say. Also, they use baking soda often, and my skin is allergic to that. now as for this shampoo bar- I did like it and felt it helped my itchy scalp. The texture of the bar is a bit gritty which I liked, made it easier to lather. And i like the campfire scent! But I wouldnt use this regularly or often because of the sulfates and artificial fragrance. If you're in the store and want to try something unique and sort of natural for dandruff/itchy scalp, maybe you might want to try this out. But Id recommend Grandpa's Pine tar shampoo bar over this. Lush, please stop using sulfates and go more natural so i can enjoy your scents!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No