LUSH soak 'n' float shampoo bar

3.6

* Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, * Water (Aqua), * Cade Oil (Juniperus oxycedrus), * Lavender Oil (Lavandula hybrida), * Marigold Petals (Calendula officinalis), * Rose Petals (Rosa centifolia), * *Limonene, * *Linalool, * Perfume.

I have had a dry scalp since i can remember. In summer it's just dry but come winter it also starts to itch. My quest to find a solution has spanned Head & Shoulders, Kerastase, Philip Kingsley, Paul Mitchell and countless others, from drugstore shelves to high street counters. Nothing ever worked , although some certainly worked better than others.

Lush's Soak'n'Float is a game changer. It's a shampoo bar, meaning you rub it between your hands the way you do any soap, then apply to scalp. It's floral with an earthy undertone thanks to rose and marigold petals, but the scent does not linger on hair. What does linger is a clean feeling, itch and flake free. Unlike bottles of liquid shampoo, this one lasts 3 times longer and doesn't take up much space at all. I pair with (Lush) Big conditioner and my hair's finally healthy. At £5.95 i encourage anyone with a scalp problem to give this a shot as they may just come out as surprisingly satisfied as i did.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This soap is great for my itchy scalp/dandruff. It lathers well and the next day, I have no flaking/itching problems. Some weeks, Head & Shoulders just isn't enough and I bust out this little guy to get the job done. After one use, my hair is squeaky clean.
There's one major con about this soap: the stank. It's going to fill up your entire bathroom with an oder I can't quite place. It's woodsy but in an unpleasant way... like a stale, old withered christmas tree. Instead of recycling the empty LUSH tubs at LUSH, I think I'm going to use one of them to hold this guy in. Reusing and recycling is the same thing, right?

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Yet another shampoo bar that I love. My scalp gets oily and itchy easily but I actually dont have a lot of flakes. My boyfriend has a very dry scalp with lots of flakes but no itch. I picked up this shampoo bar to try out in hopes to solve both our problems, which it did!

Lots of reviews say this smells like a campfire but recently the formula has been changed and I currently have the "new formula" version. I never tried the older one but the new one does have a smokey sort of tar like smell, it also smells very floral and rosy, I think it's smell good that can men can appreciate as well.

It lathers up easily and it's a bit creamy too. I try to really concentrate on my scalp and massage it in. It rinses out normally and gently cleans my hair without stripping. My itch is much more tame and and my boyfriends scalp is looking my better with less flakes everywhere(which was kind of gross before). My hair is left in healthy condition. I really like this shampoo bar and I would use it even if I didnt have scalp issues!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Coarse

This is the answer to dandruff/sore itchy scalp. Soak and Float has really helped in that regard and I have never looked back. I make sure to always have some on hand. It does smell funky but the smokey smell has grown on me now.

This product has saved me after 30 years of psoriasis/dandruff. Until 6 months ago I had used head and shoulders daily for around 10 years! (After I'd given up on everything else ever recommended to me). If I didn't use it daily, then my scalp would itch and scab and all I'd want to do is pull my hair out - it also dried my hair out and it looked awful. Hair loss was huge. Nearly 6 months ago I went no-poo (no chemical shampoos) I tried many natural solutions which seemed to work for a couple of weeks or a month and then the itch and scabs would come back. However my hair started to grow back with baby hairs everywhere - so I knew I had to stay off H & S. I went to Lush for this shampoo out of desperation. I wasn't keen to go back onto sulfates as I thought this was part of the cause of my scalp condition, but was so desperate, I thought I'd give it a go. I have used it for nearly 3 weeks - but only every 4 days - that is how well it works. My hair doesn't get greasy, flaky and has very little itch. Hair fall seems fine still, and the new hairs seem to be growing longer still. I suppose time will tell, but so far, it is fantasitc - and I can tolerate the smell, and keep the bar in the tine so the smell doesn't take over the house!

I don't have a problem with dandruff, but SO does. He has thick, curly hair and combination to dry skin. He used to use Head and Shoulders, but it didn't absolutely nothing for him. After a few hours, there would be flake all over his shoulders and scalp. I love my Jumping Juniper shampoo bar from Lush, and I had seen Soak n Float so I decided to buy him one.

It works like a charm. It is the only thing that keeps his flakes at bay for 24+ hours. I do have some complaints. One is that it stinks. The cade oil is what soothes the scalp, but it also smell like thick smoke. The smell eventually grows on you as it is rather "manly" smelling, as it smells like a summertime barbeque. It doesn't last too long on the scalp, but it will stink up the bathroom for a bit. If you're looking for a more delicate scent, then this may not be the product for you. Also, because of the ingredients I guess, the bar seems to break easier than the other shampoo bars. Of course, this may be user error on my SO's part as the shampoo bars do require leaving them away from water and letting them dry between uses to prevent crumbling.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I find Lush shampoo bars really easy to use, including Soak and Float. They lather very well, are easy to travel with, and leave my hair feeling clean and residue free.

However, this did absolutely nothing for my scalp. I have been using this for about 3 months and my scalp is just as flaky as it was before I started using this shampoo.

The smell is also extremely strong. It has a smoke like scent, but it's quite a sharp smell, not a mellow, sweet smoke scent. It permeates my whole bathroom when I use it as well as any cabinet or container its stored in. I don't find the smell noticable on my hair, but that may be because the conditioner I use is heavily scented (Loreal EverCurl).

I bought this after trying pretty much everything that claimed to help with my itchy and flaky scalp.
It's quite expensive at $18 in Korea and $10 in the US.
Yes it smells like cheap rubber sneakers but despite that it has already helped me after just one use.
Lathers very well and the smell doesn't last if you use a decent conditioner.
I really hope it's going to keep helping me out because I'm running out of options.
Will update in case it doesn't.

This was my first shampoo from lush and I am really happy with it!! First of all I have an itchy flakey scalp and oily roots, this really helped. Although It did not cure the dandruff completely it reduced the itching and the flacking. The smell is awful but when the bar is wet you barley smell it and it washes out pretty well. Overall the great results from the bar outweigh the bad smell. I love it!

I have suffered from an itchy scalp and mild dandruff. I had previously been using Head and Shoulders, but I like the idea of a shampoo bar so I decided to try this one, since it is for dandruff. I have been using it for about a month and it is working great! I haven't had any scalp issues since I have been using it. It leaves my dry hair soft and easy to detangle, and I do not use a conditioner. My only issue is the smell. I don't think it smells all that great. It is a very strong campfire smell, as many others have stated. Every so often I get a whiff of it throughout the day. It isn't strong once my hair is dry, but I can definitely smell it. It gets very strong when I sweat during a workout. I doesn't make my whole bathroom smell, unless I leave the lid off of the tin (purchased separately from Lush - a must have to help the bar last in the shower). I can handle the smell if it works, and it does! I had such great results that I ordered the Seanik shampoo bar to try. It immediately caused my scalp to itch. Once I switched back to this one, I had no issues. I will continue to use it, but I do wish it had a better scent.

Top Rated LUSH Products