April 17, 2014 | 1729 users online

Scrubs - Clarins - Gentle Exfoliating Refiner

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2014 4:00:00 PM More reviews by oinone

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I don't think it's gentle enough. Hard to peel. After I use it, my skin is soft and it feels nice, but this feeling doesn't stay longer.

I admit it's not bad but it's not good either.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2014 9:35:00 AM More reviews by MissLibby93

I bought this to treat myself after the Christmas period. Although the price was high I believed that it would be worth it having read other reviews about the product. I had read quite a few reviews that recommended only using it once a week as it can be quite abrasive. I've found this to be true.

Up until recently I've found it has noticeably reduced the size of my pores and evened about my skin tone. However, the last time I used it I either massaged it too deeply or my skin simply reacted badly because I have been suffering with extremely dry skin around my nose and chin for the past week now. I've never experienced this before (my skin is normally on the 'oily' side of things) so I've found it quite depressing and I've felt unable to use my normal foundations.

This experience has made me reluctant to return to using the Clarins Exfoliating Refiner, which is a shame as I have quite a lot left. Hopefully my skin will return to normal soon.
I doubt I'll purchase this again, and would advice people to use it sparingly and not go OTT on massaging it as the beads are quite abrasive and can damage your skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2013 2:53:00 AM More reviews by emodel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to use a St Ives scrub, I realy liked it at first but after a while it was just too harsh. My favorite brand is Clarins so of course I got this scrub, and I am so glad I did! It is a wonderful product. Smells very soft, it is very creamy. I like the microbeads a lot! I don`t like the scrubs that has the chemicals to `melt` the dead skin cells off, I actually prefer a `physical` scrub, and this one does the job perfectly. The first time I used it I wasn`t that impressed with it, don`t know why, maybe my skin didn`t need a big scrubbing at that moment, but I have used it a couple of times now, and it IS my favorite scrub. Yesterday my skin had a bit of makeup on, and in the evening it was a bit red and didn`t look fresh. I used the Clarins Alpine Herb cleanser (that calmed down the redness INSTANTLY, while i was massaging it into my skin!), yay, and this scrub, and my gosh, my skin felt amazing! Fresh, clean, even toned, and yes, the PORES looked a lot smaller, and that is naturally beautiful skin for me. I am in love with this product. :-)))

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 7:33:00 AM More reviews by SigneT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is an okay scrub. The beads are a bit too big for my taste. I think it would suit better as a body scub. It is rather expensive so I would not buy this again. Ive tried better and cheaper ones. It smells nice tho :)
I use this mainly on my nose when I shower. But Ive noticed that my skin has become flaky and dry after Ive used it so I guess its too rough for my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2013 12:07:00 AM More reviews by TeeCeeGee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this exfoliator, but I don't love it. It is a very gentle exfoliator as it says, but maybe the reason I don't love it is because I may need a more intense exfoliator. After I use it, my skin is soft and it feels nice, but it isn't the completely smooth, velvety soft that I've gotten from using other exfoliators. Recently, I used the Pevonia Botanica Gentle Exfoliating Cleanser and I think it gave me a much better effect afterwards.

The smell is pleasant and there is no discomfort or scratching on your skin when you use it. I think someone with sensitive skin or good skin to begin with would enjoy this more than someone that has normal or combination skin. Not a bad exfoliator, but not the best one either.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2013 6:20:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Clarins almost always manages to suck me in to purchasing new products with their generous "time to choose" offers where you get large sample sizes of a range of their skin care items. And that is how I ended up trying the Gentle Exfoliating Refiner. And all I can say is that the name says it all....it IS gentle; it really DOES exfoliate well and leave the skin feeling smooth and refined. I love the results as it seems to rev up the circulation in my face without being irritating or drying. The only "con" to this product is that for some reason, it always irritates and feels like I've got some of it in my eyes, even though I avoid my eye area when using this. I think that during the rinsing off process, this somehow manages to get into my eyes, no matter how tightly I shut them. Maybe I need to try using swim goggles! (vbg) Wiping with a wet face cloth before rinsing does help, however.

All in all, a really good exfoliating facial scrub that also seems non-drying (though I always apply moisturizer afterward and it seems to work and sink in really nicely after using this product). Definitely would recommend to others and will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2013 6:18:00 PM More reviews by adriennewalker

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'm only 15 and my skin is very acne-prone, I have been using Clarins products for about 2 years due to my Aunty passing down products which she thinks would help my skin. So far I have used a mix of foaming cleansers and exfoliating cleansers and always find that exfolation does more for my skin. It is more effective and the result seems to be more effective. I have used cleansers like the 'One-Step Gentle Exfoliating Cleanser' and found that it was too rough for my skin, it contained more grains which were bigger and over all left an overwhelming, rough feeling to my skin, not to mention the tight feeling, afterwords. However, this cleanser seems to be showing no signs of my previously used exfoliating cleanser so far, the grains are smaller and there are less of them, I use the tips of my fingers and massage the product. The cleanser also does not leave my skin feeling tight and stiff afterwards, more refreshing.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2012 6:57:00 AM More reviews by Jocelyn90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am on to my 4th tube of this product. It works like a charm and is gentle on my skin. I use this on a daily basis, just a small 0.5cm amount is enough to exfoliate my entire face. As the instruction says, massage the product gently instead of rubbing it against the skin. Also it helps that there is a light refreshing scent that goes along with this exfoliant. I noticed that my skin has become more radiant and I have less breakouts along my chin and forehead after using this product. It is a little expensive for such a small tube, but you pay for the quality and the science behind it all.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2012 3:47:00 AM More reviews by Suester

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

I absolutely adore this product! I have been trying a few different scrubs lately to reduce blackheads etc on my nose and chin and this is my current favourite. The texture is just right, exfoliating enough to do the job, but it doesn't feel at all rough and my skin feels amazing after I use it. Its a pretty small tube for the $$ but I think it is worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2012 8:20:00 PM More reviews by rusty901

I got this product (along with two other ones) free with two clarins purchases which is good considering I got a 30ml tube free.
I have very sensitive skin that is easily irritated but I found that this product was very gentle and effective with the little grains it has.

- it gently buffed away my flaky skin around by nose and other places
- left my skin feeling very soft
- made my complexion more radiant

Most of all, this product is so kind to skin and it is very effective. Furthermore, a little goes a long way! Definitely recommend this,