November 24, 2014 | 924 users online

Cleansers - Clarins - Cleansing Milk for dry to normal skin

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 11/16/2014 12:27:00 AM More reviews by robertson08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I tried this for the first time tonight and right after using it I knew I didnt like it.
It used this cleanser with a konjac sponge and it didnt remove any of my foundation which was shocking. For a high priced item, I expected it to at least remove the makeup off my face but it left traces of my foundation. Also, the worst thing about this product is that I cannot put it anywhere near my eyes.. my eyes start to water because of the strong smell I guess?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2014 4:38:00 AM More reviews by deuxbisous

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I spent so much time trying to find a cleanser my sensitive skin would like, and that's effective at removing make-up, and this was under my nose all the time. For some reason it works better for me than the sensitive one that Clarins does. It feels lovely to use and my skin is smooth and soft afterwards. I've used a lot of oil cleansers or balms which are effective, but over time they actually dry my skin because they're sucking so much oil out of it. This is a lot better and has allowed my skin to recover it's normal moisture balance. I love the smell too, and that I can use a fragranced product that doesn't irritate my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2014 12:16:00 PM More reviews by Swiss1

On the recommendation of my mother who nearly 80 and has fantastic skin, I decided to try to avoid using water on my facial skin to calm it down. so have been using this cleanser (apply with finger tips and very lightly massage over the skin, but don't rub in) and removing with cotton wool pads, followed by the camomile toner. Skin felt softer, calmer and more evenly hydrated with this product although there is something that causes a slight sting.

Not so great at removing make up - requires a couple of goes.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/14/2014 5:48:00 PM More reviews by camillajhb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

One of the better cleansers I've used, and not drying on my ultra-dry, sensitive, eczema and acne prone skin. I'm on Accutane, so my skin is very fragile at the moment.

The strong scent or SOMETHING stung/burned my skin on contact with this cleanser, which coupled with the amount of rubbing I had to do with a flannel to get it to remove makeup meant a raw face and discontinued use.

I eventually used this up as a morning cleanser, and not for removing makeup or on especially sensitive days. I do believe this would only irritate the most sensitive of us, and would make a luxurious cleanser for anyone with a different skin type!

May repurchase when I go off Accutane, we'll see.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2013 12:29:00 AM More reviews by xyan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am I love with this cleanser! My skin feels almost as smooth and supple as my 4-month old baby girls face! It removes all of my makeup, while keeping my skin moisturized.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2013 2:28:00 AM More reviews by catty7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this at Shoppers Drug Mart on a special offer, double the amount for 34 CDN.
I also bought the matching toner for the same price. Whenever I used them, I felt pampered, the sensory experience of the way it felt and smelled was magical, it worked well too. However, that was before I discovered micellar cleansers which I now prefer - as they are lighter, more suitable to sensitive skin, less likely to clog pores and seem a lot less complicated - more "pure" than other cleansers. I will use this up but will not repurchase, even though for its type of cleanser it still is very good.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2013 2:41:00 PM More reviews by ella343

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

An excellent cleanser that does not strip drier skin, yet still cuts through tough makeup easily, even my waterproof mascara. If you take a few minutes to massage the product into your skin, it starts to loosen dead, flakey skin, which just rolls off. Given its efficacy at makeup removal, somewhere between an oil and a milk, and the slight residue it leaves behind (nice for dry skin, not so nice for oily), I'd guess its balance favors emollients over surfactants. I'm used to milder cleansers than this (e.g. Neutrogena Extra Gentle), which necessitate a secondary eye makeup remover, so it was with some delight that I found that this cleanser really does it all. Most cleansers this thorough will strip my skin bone-dry, including most cleansing oils. Plus, it manages to be economical, in spite of the initial cost. You don't need much.

Unfortunately, there is far too much fragrance. While not everyone is sensitive to scented products, it nevertheless a pity to drop an otherwise high-performing cleanser because an unnecessary additive irritates my skin. Even disregarding sensitivity, Clarins' enthusiasm for the fragrance is excessive. It's nice enough, like floral Juicy Fruit, but at this potency it's simply cloying--if I breathe through my mouth, I can actually taste it---that's pretty bad.

INGREDIENTS: water, caprylic/capric triglyceride, octyldodecanol, glycerin, polysorbate 60, alpha-glucan oligosaccaride, parfum, triethanolamine, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, phenoxyethanol, cetearyl alcohol, propylene glycol, methylparaben, potassium sorbate, cetearyl glucoside, disodium edta, tocopheryl acetate, butylparaben, ethylparaben, retinyl palmitate, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, isobutylparaben, propylparabem, linum usitatissimum (linseed) seed extract, gentiana lutea root extract, xanthan gum, arnica montana flower extract, hypericum perforatum flower/leaf/stem extract, juniperus communis fruit extract, melissa officinalis leaf extract, pinus sylvestris cone extract, bletia hyacinthina bulb extract, althaea officinalis root extract, prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) fruit extract, bht, limonene, linalool, benzyl alcohol, eugenol, amyl cinnamal, anise alcohol, citronellol, geraniol, citral, CI42090/blue 1 - CI19140/yellow 5.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2013 1:20:00 AM More reviews by chairmanmiao

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A young woman I lived with briefly at uni whose mother had introduced her to the clarins brand when she was a girl said her mother hadn't aged in any way because she used the clarinet range and she said her mother looked much younger than her age.after recommendation like that o thought I definitely have to try that range.

I ended up buying the entire range and for the duration of the time using the products I was often complemented on the quality of my skin.

The cleansing milk for dry skins is a very mild light green formula that comes in a plastic bottle.it smells very fresh yet relaxing at the same time.I didn't realise until a friend explained your actually meant to warm the cleanser in your hands apply to the face and then press and hold your hands against the skin on your face so a vacuum is created that sucks the blackheads out from deep within the poorer.if you continue this for 10 minutes then your skin will have a very gentle and mild thorough cleanse.my friend said she only does this maybe once a week or once every 2 weeks and she has perfect skin.

I stopped using clarinet for a while I'm not sure why but when I went back to them I found some of the products I had been using previously had discontinued or formulas had changed however I don't know if this is the case with the clarins cleansing milk as I purchased the gentle foaming cleanser with Shea butter for dry skins before switching to shu uemura cleansing oils and now I just use olive oil to wash with.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2013 8:52:00 AM More reviews by Anna12345

A nice gentle milk cleanser. I have combination skin which is prone to an oily T-zone and dryness on my cheeks and jawline in winter, so I wanted a moisturising cleanser that would mend my dry patches without being so rich that it would make my T-zone more oily.

This seems to strike a nice balance which is often very difficult with combination skin. My dry patches are less flaky since using this product for a couple of weeks, and my skin looks softer.

I would use this in winter and probably avoid it in summer.

The scent is not great but I can live with it.

The only major downside for me is that it doesn't remove makeup very well, so I can only really use this as a "morning" cleanser when I'm not trying to remove makeup or when I'm cleansing for the second time after I've removed all of my makeup with a different cleanser.

Overall not a bad product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2013 3:38:00 AM More reviews by rachelk94

Absolutely love this cleansing milk, can really feel the difference betweent this and other cleansers which are more chemically and often leave a sting. I have dry sensitive skin and this works beautifully, almost cushions and does leave skin feeling soft does exactly what it says it will! I al glad to find a gentle cleanser that doesnt make me have to slather on a heap of moisturiser afterwards, smooths beautifully.