Clarins Cleansing Milk for dry to normal skin

water, caprylic/capric triglyceride, octyldodecanol, glycerin, polysorbate 60, alpha-glucan oligosaccaride, parfum, triethanolamine, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, phenoxyethanol, cetearyl alcohol, propylene glycol, methylparaben, potassium sorbate, cetearyl glucoside, disodium edta, tocopheryl acetate, butylparaben, ethylparaben, retinyl palmitate, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, isobutylparaben, propylparabem, linum usitatissimum (linseed) seed extract, gentiana lutea root extract, xanthan gum, arnica montana flower extract, hypericum perforatum flower/leaf/stem extract, juniperus communis fruit extract, melissa officinalis leaf extract, pinus sylvestris cone extract, bletia hyacinthina bulb extract, althaea officinalis root extract, prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) fruit extract, bht, limonene, linalool, benzyl alcohol, eugenol, amyl cinnamal, anise alcohol, citronellol, geraniol, citral, CI42090/blue 1 - CI19140/yellow 5.

on 8/29/2015 5:20:00 AM

Love love love this product, my skin already is so much smoother and feels so much fresher however I have had a few brake outs since using

on 7/27/2015 3:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I am a huge fan of cleansing milk and have tried quite a few brands (Lancome, Caudalie, & Nuxe), so I was really excited to get a free sample of this in a recent Clarins order.

Before I get into describing the actual product, I wanted to say a few things about cleansing milk in general first. Like almost any product out there, companies claim a lot of things about cleansing milks that the product simply can't live up to. If you are looking for a product to remove your makeup, I do not believe you will be satisfied with a cleansing milk - stick with dual phase eye makeup removers and cleansing oils. If you are looking for a gentle, everyday cleanser to use in the mornings or after removing your makeup, then you might enjoy a cleansing milk.

One of the suggested uses for a cleansing milk is to apply it to your dry face, then gently wipe away with a piece of cotton. I have never felt "clean" when I tried this method. I apply it to my dry skin first, then add a little bit of water with my hands and rub (similarly to how you would emulsify a cleansing oil). Then I rinse my face clean and pat dry.

I did enjoy the Clarins cleansing milk. It performed just as well as any of the others that I have tried and I would be perfectly happy using it. Some cleansing milks have a thinner, runny consistency. The Clarins one is a bit thicker, similar to a body lotion.

However, despite liking the sample, there are two reasons I'm unlikely to purchase the full-size product:

- The Scent: Since the name of the product is "Cleansing Milk with Alpine Herbs", it should come as no surprise that it has a very herbal smell. I don't find the scent offensive at all. It's just that I prefer the scents of some of the other products that I've tried.

- The Packaging: Whenever possible, I only purchase skincare products that come in a bottle with a pump. I like the convenience of simply reaching into my basket and pumping it into my hand. There's no fiddling with screw on lids and I don't even have to take the bottle out of the basket. I also like knowing that I use 1 pump of this product and 2 pumps of that. It makes my portion control easier instead of worrying each morning and evening about pouring too much and wasting my products. This full-size product has a flip top lid, which isn't as terrible to me as a screw on lid. But since there are other cleansing milks in pump bottles that I like just as well or better than the Clarins, it isn't worth messing with.

on 6/30/2015 3:12:00 PM

This is so highly fragranced I struggled to finish this. Its quite thick and the packing is not convenient, a squeeze tube would go a long way to improve this product. Does not really remove make up and I could only use it when I was super dry. The Darphin Refreshing Cleansing Milk is a much better choice if you want something French and milky, it does a much better job without feeling like you've come out of a 1950's powder room. I would only recommend this for very dry types that can stand very fragranced products. I used this as body cleanser just to use it up. It left me a little greasy on normal days, again I needed toner after this.

on 4/21/2015 12:02:00 PM

Not really sure what the hype is with this face cleanser?
Personally it didn't leave my face feeling clean. As a matter of face it left a feeling equivalent to wearing makeup.

I wouldn't like to use this as a cleanser for the long term, I have breakout prone skin so products that leave a less then clean feeling scare me.

Wouldn't buy this again, I'd much rather use a basic cleanser and water.

on 3/21/2015 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is the best facial cleanser/make up remover I have ever used. I use it every evening to remove make up and clean my face. I adore the smell. I have very sensitive skin, and it doesn't bother at all. I have use this for many years, and plan to keep on using it indefinitely.

on 11/25/2014 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love Clarins products, it feels so decadent and luxurious. The cleansing milk leaves my skin feeling soft and supple. A tiny dab goes a long way, and I can use one bottle for a while. I don't always wear makeup to work and when I get home I don't feel like washing my face (I know,I know) so I'll dab some on my face and tissue it off while laying in bed lol

I'm almost done with my current bottle and I plan to purchase more.

on 11/16/2014 12:27:00 AM

I tried this for the first time tonight and right after using it I knew I didnt like it.
It used this cleanser with a konjac sponge and it didnt remove any of my foundation which was shocking. For a high priced item, I expected it to at least remove the makeup off my face but it left traces of my foundation. Also, the worst thing about this product is that I cannot put it anywhere near my eyes.. my eyes start to water because of the strong smell I guess?

on 9/19/2014 4:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I spent so much time trying to find a cleanser my sensitive skin would like, and that's effective at removing make-up, and this was under my nose all the time. For some reason it works better for me than the sensitive one that Clarins does. It feels lovely to use and my skin is smooth and soft afterwards. I've used a lot of oil cleansers or balms which are effective, but over time they actually dry my skin because they're sucking so much oil out of it. This is a lot better and has allowed my skin to recover it's normal moisture balance. I love the smell too, and that I can use a fragranced product that doesn't irritate my skin.

on 5/17/2014 12:16:00 PM

On the recommendation of my mother who nearly 80 and has fantastic skin, I decided to try to avoid using water on my facial skin to calm it down. so have been using this cleanser (apply with finger tips and very lightly massage over the skin, but don't rub in) and removing with cotton wool pads, followed by the camomile toner. Skin felt softer, calmer and more evenly hydrated with this product although there is something that causes a slight sting.

Not so great at removing make up - requires a couple of goes.

on 2/14/2014 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

One of the better cleansers I've used, and not drying on my ultra-dry, sensitive, eczema and acne prone skin. I'm on Accutane, so my skin is very fragile at the moment.

The strong scent or SOMETHING stung/burned my skin on contact with this cleanser, which coupled with the amount of rubbing I had to do with a flannel to get it to remove makeup meant a raw face and discontinued use.

I eventually used this up as a morning cleanser, and not for removing makeup or on especially sensitive days. I do believe this would only irritate the most sensitive of us, and would make a luxurious cleanser for anyone with a different skin type!

May repurchase when I go off Accutane, we'll see.