December 20, 2014 | 934 users online

Moisturizers - Palmer's - Cocoa Butter Skin Therapy Oil for Face

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2014 11:31:00 AM More reviews by webdoyenne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ouija's review is right on the money. I first received a sample of this in a foil packet and liked it so much that I bought a full bottle. Love, love, love that it is a pump bottle...no mess! It's a very light oil; with no SPF, however, Ouija is right that it is not a good "day" product. I use it at night or on days when I'm not going out. I will often use it before putting Retin-A on my face or another, heavier cream moisturizer. My skin is very dry and very sensitive.

Deducting one lippy from the overall rating, however, because I really do not care for the rose-like scent. Unlike Ouija, I kind of like cocoa butter. But that is a minor, personal thing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2014 1:17:00 PM More reviews by ouija

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've never used anything from Palmer's. Not a fan of the cocoa butter aroma, I guess. And frankly, Palmer's always reminds me of Cornhuskers Lotion or something. Anyway, I kept reading about this awesome new product and since it's pretty cheap I gave it a shot.

So much to love! First, no cocoa butter smell. It's supposedly a Rose Hips fragrance, which is very faint. Second, the oil is the non-oiliest oil that ever oiled. It's quite thin and almost watery, so I don't feel like I'm suffocating my skin. It dries quickly to a velvety matte finish. I use it at night, but it would probably work well for day (altho no SPF). So far my skin looks brighter, more rested and happier in just about 10 days.

Palmer seems to make dozens of these facial oils, so don't get confused by all the names. The ingredients consist of Retinol surrounded by 10 pure oils, ranging from sesame to macadamia to coconut, along with Vitamin C and of course, cocoa butter. I would not expect any great anti-aging benefits from this (or any other topical product, to be honest) but my skin feels softer and has that elusive 'glow' no other oil has been able to deliver. Yes...I'm looking at YOU Miss Fancy-Pants L'Oreal Age Perfect Glow Renewal!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No