October 20, 2014 | 822 users online

Eye Shadow - L.A. Colors - 12 Color Eyeshadow Palette in Trendy

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2014 2:03:00 AM More reviews by mmherman

This was my first L.A. Colors purchase. I have seen good reviews about the nail polishes, but never saw them anywhere near I lived. I'm seeing them lately, but not previously.

I saw this palette at CVS and decided to pick it up. I picked up some other discount palettes that night.

I'm impressed with some of the colors in this palette and really disappointed with some of the other colors. So colors are really pigmented and silky and others are really chalky and almost invisible.

The palette design itself is really cheap. It will definitely not last if dropped too many times. It is also pretty ugly, but it cost about a dollar. So I won't judge it too harshly.

I think if you are a makeup junky this is worth picking up for a buck. I plan to use it for traveling purposes because it is small and compact. It is also good for newbies to try out. The colors are pretty easy to use and would pair really well with a bold lipstick and minimal makeup look.

If you want a bolder look with the shadows make sure you use an eyeshadow primer. If you just want a wash....just use the shadow on its own.

Glad I picked it up. If I see anything else from L.A. Colors I will be willing to try it out if it is unique enough. Otherwise I will probably pass.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2014 5:38:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I picked this eyeshadow palette up at my local Dollar Tree for only $1.00 dollar! Despite its name, there's nothing trendy about the colors. Rather, this is a palette of 12 beautiful earthtone shades. There's one light vanilla shade, a couple muted peaches, a soft gold, a pretty rust, and the rest are various shades of brown (Each shadow has a little bit of shimmer). While the colors go on a lot softer than they look in the pan, the color payoff is still as good, if not better, than many more expensive eyeshadows I've bought at the drugstore. Although this palette doesn't compare to highly pigmented high end eyeshadows, for a soft, natural, everyday look, they're perfect, and you can't beat the price.