December 18, 2014 | 1632 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - SuperStay Better Skin

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2014 1:52:00 PM More reviews by meikit

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I bought this product and I was so excited to try it. The pump gives a good amount of product, I bought the shade light beige which was a bit too light for me but that was my mistake. After I put it on my skin I thought the foundation was perfect, but only 10 minutes later I noticed that my skin looked really dry and it only got worse during the day. So I would not recommend this for someone with a dry skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2014 1:17:00 PM More reviews by Fuzzykittypaws

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

As winter creeps nearer, my skin goes from somewhat dry to superdry. So this year, I thought I'd by a liquid foundation, instead of struggling with my mineral foundation on my dry skin. I love that foundation, but in wintertime it's impossible to make it look or feel good.

Anyhow. After trying out Maybelline Superstay Better Skin at the store, and really liking it, I bought it. The first thing I thought was that I really likes how easy it was to apply and how soft my skin felt when the foundation had set. It always gives me a very natural and healthy finish. And I always get compliments on how well-rested I look, when I wear it.
I also like the packaging, as the foundation comes in a glass bottle with a pump.

That is where the pros of the foundation ends.

The foundation is marketed as one who is going to give you better skin. It did the exact opposite for me. The skin of my cheeks and forehead got itchy, and I got breakouts of pimples. Sure I have a bit sensitive skin, but I don't have acne-prone skin.

My skin is dry/very dry, still this foundation doesn't last me more than 3 hours (even with primer, setting powder and fixing spray). After that time it has completely vanished from my nose, creased on my eyelids (a problem I've never had with foundations before) and I'm shiny like a mirror on my forehead.

Pros:
+ Gives you a healthy look.
+ Bottle with pump.

Cons:
- Makes me breakout.
- Doesn't last longer than 3 hrs.
- Problems with creasing.
- Makes me shiny like a mirror.

I would not recommend this product to a friend. And I will not buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2014 11:53:00 PM More reviews by celinerrr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I won this little gem from a giveaway MNY was having and for reference, I’m Asian and have acne-prone combination-oily skin and dry patches, with a lightly tanned, neutral skin tone; my shade for Better Skin is 032 Golden (MAC 37-40). I opened up the box and firstly saw the packaging. It is in a small glass bottle (which I’m okay with, but some people may be more inclined to dropping glass bottles) in which there was 30ml of foundation. Considering the fact that this retails for NZD $33.99, I would say it is in the mid-range for the price of drugstore foundations, dearer than the Fit Me range but less than L'Oreal and Revlon. The design of the packaging is nice, nothing jawdropping, but fairly standard. And IT HAS A PUMP! Definitely a pro in my (and countless others’) book. It took me a few pumps to get anything out, but I managed to get a small dollop onto my hand. The texture is quite creamy and thick, which is really nice. I smeared it along my jawline and chin and found that it was extremely pink for something that was called Golden. I’m neither pink or yellow toned but wow… it was very pink. However, I found that it did set after a while into something a little more yellow. I was pleased to find that it did not emphasise my dry patches – so pretty hydrating – and felt very soft on the skin. Unfortunately, I did find that it had rubbed off a little onto my white collar, so it’s not as non-transferring as it claims. The next day, I applied it all over my face with a primer and a stippling brush, and found that it did tend to cake up on my cheeks if I built it up. Despite this, it did look beautiful on the areas that weren’t cakey; the finish is satin, so not dewy and not matte but somewhere between the two. I saw that it did settle a bit into my smile lines but it wasn’t too noticeable. The coverage was also pretty good, probably not full though. As for the longwearing claims – it fares pretty well in that department. I didn’t even set it with powder and it lasted quite a while. Overall, not perfect, but would recommend especially if there’s a colour match.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2014 9:55:00 AM More reviews by elinen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I find this foundation way too matte for me. Even though I apply it right on top of the moisturizer, it dries very quickly and hence is hard to work with. Since it is that dry, it kind of feels like I am wearing a mask and och don't feel comfortable in that. It is supposed to be hydrating but I definitely would not agree on that.

Also, I found it hard to pick the right shade since they all were really pink. The color I opted for did look quite yellow at first, but it came out waaay to pink and bright on my skin.

The coverage is really good (medium to full). While it covers blemishes and other imperfections your skin will still looks like skin, which is really important in my opinion, but the dry finish still makes it quite caky on my skin.

With that being said, I just feel like I picked the wrong foundation for my skin type (normal to combination), since this obviously is a foundation for oily and/or acne prone skin, and that the foundation itself still can be good for those kind of skin types.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2014 1:20:00 PM More reviews by Chirelleyep

Love this product! Same price as my normal foundation yet so much better! Covers my spots brilliantly yet still feels so light! It's not oily and makes my skin feel much cleaner!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2014 4:35:00 PM More reviews by Tropicll

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Absolutely love this foundation! I purchased this the other day as I was by the maybelline counter and it was 3 for 2 so I just bought this quickly on a whim, wondering whether it's good or not. And this is also my first ever liquid foundation purchase, I've only ever had mousses, powders and bb creams. I have very unmanageable oily skin and this helped so much. I didn't need to powder to mattify, only to set! It didn't get oily throughout the day at all. It also lasted all day without any primer or setting spray. Colour match is spot on, works well. Blends good and a little goes a long way.
I love that this has a pump as well. It helps conceal all my redness and I didn't use concealer, although I could see some of my larger spots' redness but that was as expected.
Absolutely love! If I don't try any other foundations when I run out I will definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2014 3:17:00 PM More reviews by Elianaleehah

I did not like this packaging.

Firstly it's either I got the wrong colour or it did seem to oxidize. Id always end up with a really pink face that definitely did not like my skin.

I have combination skin. An oily t-zone and dry to normal cheeks. It was okay on my t-zone but didn't hold on or show any sign of keeping it at bay( it not what the product is supposed to do though) and it definitely did not like my dry skin either.

It didn't work for me, regardless of if I primed my face, moisturized it or even added face powder.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/10/2014 2:23:00 AM More reviews by crazysanegirl

Fit well with my skin tone however gets really flaky within an hour.. In Australia it cost around $20 at the drug store - would not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2014 5:04:00 PM More reviews by annaa7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

By far the best foundation I've ever had. Only problem is that I can't find the right color, I have a yellow undertone and all the colors have pink undertones. I really wish they'd upgrade the color selection. If they did, this would be my HG foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2014 10:35:00 AM More reviews by mariakimberely

This foundation clung to my dry patches and emphasized where I had blemishes. However it did have good coverage but it's far too thick for an everyday use unless mixed with a moisturiser 50/50. Being in my teens my skin is hardly great, by this I mean I have un even skin tones and breakouts etc. And like the other reviewers I think this foundation added to my skin problems.

Pros-