September 20, 2014 | 1832 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - SuperStay Better Skin

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2014 9:55:00 AM More reviews by elinen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I find this foundation way too matte for me. Even though I apply it right on top of the moisturizer, it dries very quickly and hence is hard to work with. Since it is that dry, it kind of feels like I am wearing a mask and och don't feel comfortable in that. It is supposed to be hydrating but I definitely would not agree on that.

Also, I found it hard to pick the right shade since they all were really pink. The color I opted for did look quite yellow at first, but it came out waaay to pink and bright on my skin.

The coverage is really good (medium to full). While it covers blemishes and other imperfections your skin will still looks like skin, which is really important in my opinion, but the dry finish still makes it quite caky on my skin.

With that being said, I just feel like I picked the wrong foundation for my skin type (normal to combination), since this obviously is a foundation for oily and/or acne prone skin, and that the foundation itself still can be good for those kind of skin types.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2014 1:20:00 PM More reviews by Chirelleyep

Love this product! Same price as my normal foundation yet so much better! Covers my spots brilliantly yet still feels so light! It's not oily and makes my skin feel much cleaner!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2014 4:35:00 PM More reviews by Tropicll

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Absolutely love this foundation! I purchased this the other day as I was by the maybelline counter and it was 3 for 2 so I just bought this quickly on a whim, wondering whether it's good or not. And this is also my first ever liquid foundation purchase, I've only ever had mousses, powders and bb creams. I have very unmanageable oily skin and this helped so much. I didn't need to powder to mattify, only to set! It didn't get oily throughout the day at all. It also lasted all day without any primer or setting spray. Colour match is spot on, works well. Blends good and a little goes a long way.
I love that this has a pump as well. It helps conceal all my redness and I didn't use concealer, although I could see some of my larger spots' redness but that was as expected.
Absolutely love! If I don't try any other foundations when I run out I will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2014 9:48:00 PM More reviews by MillicentMarie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have very oily and major acne-prone skin therefore I hardly ever wear makeup, probably 3-5 times a month max. The first foundation I ever purchased was Maybelline dream matte mousse, which I loved everything about except the colour range, therefore I was keen to try other maybelline products.

I recently bought this foundation for $21.95 from Priceline (Australia) after previously purchasing Revlons colourstay (combination/oily) which I read great reviews about, but for me it made me look washed out and after a while would go dry and flaky, Yuck!
What drew me to this foundation was the 'Better skin' claims and the ingredient list.
It contains vitamin B5 which binds and attracts water making it great for hydrating the skin, Magnesium which helps promote softer skin great for those with eczema, Copper another ingredient used to promote hydration but can help clear the skin as it naturally fights infection, Zinc which is often used to treat acne so can help promote clearer skin (Woo!) and also contains SPF 14

I LOVE this foundation! I find it has a very velvety texture whilst being in the middle of thick and thin and glides on like velvet.
I Found the perfect colour for me which is 005 light beige.
Because I am always covered in pimples and have scarring Im always hunting for the perfect foundation to achieve full coverage for my face.
This is the one area this product falls for me. I like to apply only 1 or 2 layers, as I hate the feeling of full, heavy makeup on my skin, cake face and feel the need to just wash and clean my face. With this foundation I will apply 1 or 2 layers, but some spots can only still be seen lightly. Unfortunately I can't cover everything, which is okay, because I still want to look natural with my foundation which means applying little. I will find that I receive best results from applying either my NYX Studio Perfect Photo-loving primer in green to reduce redness or my Rimmel stay matte primer to stop an oily T-zone, Both of these primers I would highly recommend for oily and acne-prone skin. I then apply 1-2 layers of my foundation focusing on covering my problem areas (jaw, checks, chin and forehead) I tend to steer clear from powder as I find it cakes my face and is highly visible on my skin, which I just don't like the look of, But if needed I will apply minimal as possible! The maximum amount of time I wear makeup is probably no longer than 6 hours, as I only apply it for important outings or special occasions only, Im definitely not an everyday wearer of makeup. I find that It will last for as long as I wear it, if it is more towards the 6 hour mark a touchup for me is probably needed, even though I never bother with those, haha
The pump bottle/packaging is great, Pump bottles are my Fave! they make everything so easy. Once I pump onto my fingers I will then wipe on my problem areas in particular and then blend with the Real Techniques face brush, which is perfecting for applying this product.

Thanks Guys, Will upload photos of my routine with this Foundation soon so you can compare!
Xx - M

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2014 8:18:00 AM More reviews by MillicentMarie

I Found the perfect colour for me which is 005 light beige.

Xx - M

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2014 3:17:00 PM More reviews by Elianaleehah

I did not like this packaging.

Firstly it's either I got the wrong colour or it did seem to oxidize. Id always end up with a really pink face that definitely did not like my skin.

I have combination skin. An oily t-zone and dry to normal cheeks. It was okay on my t-zone but didn't hold on or show any sign of keeping it at bay( it not what the product is supposed to do though) and it definitely did not like my dry skin either.

It didn't work for me, regardless of if I primed my face, moisturized it or even added face powder.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/10/2014 2:23:00 AM More reviews by crazysanegirl

Fit well with my skin tone however gets really flaky within an hour.. In Australia it cost around $20 at the drug store - would not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2014 5:04:00 PM More reviews by annaa7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

By far the best foundation I've ever had. Only problem is that I can't find the right color, I have a yellow undertone and all the colors have pink undertones. I really wish they'd upgrade the color selection. If they did, this would be my HG foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2014 10:35:00 AM More reviews by mariakimberely

This foundation clung to my dry patches and emphasized where I had blemishes. However it did have good coverage but it's far too thick for an everyday use unless mixed with a moisturiser 50/50. Being in my teens my skin is hardly great, by this I mean I have un even skin tones and breakouts etc. And like the other reviewers I think this foundation added to my skin problems.

Pros-
Good coverage
SPF 20

Cons-
Causes breakouts
Clings to dry patches

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2014 11:14:00 AM More reviews by Pandoraaa

I hated this foundation and am SO glad not to be using it anymore! I used it for a while (3-4 weeks) and can safely say it didn't improve my skin, however it didn't make it worse. All I can say is that it makes my skin look flaky and patchy and and sinks right in to my pores. If I added pressed powder on top it would would flake even more and look terrible! It didn't last long at all, and after a couple of hours my skin would be a shiny and greasy mess. I do not recommend this product at all.