Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin

2.8

on 6/27/2015 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

The shade selection for WOC is not great.They only offer two dark shades.Cocunut was too dark and the shade before that was too light.This foundation is blotchy and it just sat on top of my skin.I'll stick to Maybelline Fit Me Dewy And Smooth foundation.

on 5/8/2015 7:09:00 AM

Nice foundation. Although it has quite a thick texture, it's fairly easy to apply. One pump is enough. Provides nice coverage. I tend to have both shine and dry patches. This doesn't make my skin particularly shiny nor does it accentuate my dry patches. Leaves a nice finish. I might repurchase.

I picked up the lightest shade which matched my skin almost perfectly, and it offers fairly good coverage without causing breakouts. However, it does emphasise the dry patches of my face

on 3/30/2015 5:45:00 PM

I got the lightest shade of this foundation. It has a pink tone and it didn't match my skin tone, the coverage is light to medium. Overall it did a great job just the shade didn't match with my skin tone.

on 3/25/2015 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I find this foundation really good, actually it really surprises me the bad reviews cause I love it! It's has medium coverage but it excellent for a daily basis considering it doesn't look as you are wearing something.

on 3/13/2015 7:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

The colours I have are 021 NUDE & 020 CAMEO, 021 is fairly light with yellow to neutral undertones, it's almost completely right for me. In winter I go down to 020, which is slightly pinker and most definitely lighter than 021 and 010 IVORY. The IVORY one (010) is so dark it's not even funny anymore. I think the right sequence from light to dark is 020 CAMEO-021 NUDE-010 IVORY- and then the rest of them as they actually are. I've also seen 005 LIGHT BEIGE on the web, but it's not available here, so no idea how that looks.

One pump is way too much for me, but I don't need much coverage, it made it very difficult to apply evenly with my fingers. I use half a pump with a RT stippling brush, which makes the application a lot easier. The pros are that it's sheer enough while still covering any dark circles & red spots, and it's matte without losing the natural shine of your skin. No matte mask effect, natural enough for me.

Cons are that it makes dry flakes & the little hairs on your face stand out like crazy and that, because I have freckles, it makes the pores on my cheeks extra visible (as they are filled with the foundation they turn a visible skin colour against the brown of the freckles...). But the last thing is easily fixed by wearing some blush on top (which I always do anyway). The last con, and the biggest one, as far as I'm concerned, is that it heaps up in wrinkles. Even when using a primer and applying it with a stippling brush, and finishing with a fixing spray! I don't even use that much to begin with -_-'
At first I did't notice it, but now that the sun is out, and I'm sitting beside a large window at work, I can see it!!

This used to be my favorite foundation, but now that I've been using Le Teinte Eclat from YSL for a while now the difference is pretty big to this ones disadvantage.

on 2/11/2015 9:23:00 AM

I bought this foundation around two weeks ago after testing it in the colour light beige, which was a perfect colour match and I found it hard to find a good colour of foundation.

First of all, the foundation has a lovely thick texture and applies really easily but around 10-20 minutes after application I found it starting it to sink into my pores and after 2-3days of wearing it my skin completely broke out which is really rare for me!

In conclusion this foundation runs off your face,clings to any dry patches, looks cakey with power or if you build it up and breaks you out really bad. I would NOT recommend this to a friend and I think it is absolute rubbish.

on 1/11/2015 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

This did attach to my dry patches A LOT, made my skin more dry than it already is and made me break out as well. After a while of wearing this the product just dissapeared and you couldn't tell I had actually been using it. Whan was left was in my fine lines and pores. And yes, i did use a primer. Garnier 5 sec blur to be percise.

on 12/11/2014 1:52:00 PM

I bought this product and I was so excited to try it. The pump gives a good amount of product, I bought the shade light beige which was a bit too light for me but that was my mistake. After I put it on my skin I thought the foundation was perfect, but only 10 minutes later I noticed that my skin looked really dry and it only got worse during the day. So I would not recommend this for someone with a dry skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

As winter creeps nearer, my skin goes from somewhat dry to superdry. So this year, I thought I'd by a liquid foundation, instead of struggling with my mineral foundation on my dry skin. I love that foundation, but in wintertime it's impossible to make it look or feel good.

Anyhow. After trying out Maybelline Superstay Better Skin at the store, and really liking it, I bought it. The first thing I thought was that I really likes how easy it was to apply and how soft my skin felt when the foundation had set. It always gives me a very natural and healthy finish. And I always get compliments on how well-rested I look, when I wear it.
I also like the packaging, as the foundation comes in a glass bottle with a pump.

That is where the pros of the foundation ends.

The foundation is marketed as one who is going to give you better skin. It did the exact opposite for me. The skin of my cheeks and forehead got itchy, and I got breakouts of pimples. Sure I have a bit sensitive skin, but I don't have acne-prone skin.

My skin is dry/very dry, still this foundation doesn't last me more than 3 hours (even with primer, setting powder and fixing spray). After that time it has completely vanished from my nose, creased on my eyelids (a problem I've never had with foundations before) and I'm shiny like a mirror on my forehead.

Pros:
+ Gives you a healthy look.
+ Bottle with pump.

Cons:
- Makes me breakout.
- Doesn't last longer than 3 hrs.
- Problems with creasing.
- Makes me shiny like a mirror.

I would not recommend this product to a friend. And I will not buy this again.