August 28, 2014 | 1673 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - SuperStay Better Skin

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2014 9:48:00 PM More reviews by MillicentMarie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have very oily and major acne-prone skin therefore I hardly ever wear makeup, probably 3-5 times a month max. The first foundation I ever purchased was Maybelline dream matte mousse, which I loved everything about except the colour range, therefore I was keen to try other maybelline products.

I recently bought this foundation for $21.95 from Priceline (Australia) after previously purchasing Revlons colourstay (combination/oily) which I read great reviews about, but for me it made me look washed out and after a while would go dry and flaky, Yuck!
What drew me to this foundation was the 'Better skin' claims and the ingredient list.
It contains vitamin B5 which binds and attracts water making it great for hydrating the skin, Magnesium which helps promote softer skin great for those with eczema, Copper another ingredient used to promote hydration but can help clear the skin as it naturally fights infection, Zinc which is often used to treat acne so can help promote clearer skin (Woo!) and also contains SPF 14

I LOVE this foundation! I find it has a very velvety texture whilst being in the middle of thick and thin and glides on like velvet.
I Found the perfect colour for me which is 005 light beige.
Because I am always covered in pimples and have scarring Im always hunting for the perfect foundation to achieve full coverage for my face.
This is the one area this product falls for me. I like to apply only 1 or 2 layers, as I hate the feeling of full, heavy makeup on my skin, cake face and feel the need to just wash and clean my face. With this foundation I will apply 1 or 2 layers, but some spots can only still be seen lightly. Unfortunately I can't cover everything, which is okay, because I still want to look natural with my foundation which means applying little. I will find that I receive best results from applying either my NYX Studio Perfect Photo-loving primer in green to reduce redness or my Rimmel stay matte primer to stop an oily T-zone, Both of these primers I would highly recommend for oily and acne-prone skin. I then apply 1-2 layers of my foundation focusing on covering my problem areas (jaw, checks, chin and forehead) I tend to steer clear from powder as I find it cakes my face and is highly visible on my skin, which I just don't like the look of, But if needed I will apply minimal as possible! The maximum amount of time I wear makeup is probably no longer than 6 hours, as I only apply it for important outings or special occasions only, Im definitely not an everyday wearer of makeup. I find that It will last for as long as I wear it, if it is more towards the 6 hour mark a touchup for me is probably needed, even though I never bother with those, haha
The pump bottle/packaging is great, Pump bottles are my Fave! they make everything so easy. Once I pump onto my fingers I will then wipe on my problem areas in particular and then blend with the Real Techniques face brush, which is perfecting for applying this product.

Thanks Guys, Will upload photos of my routine with this Foundation soon so you can compare!
Xx - M

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2014 3:17:00 PM More reviews by Elianaleehah

I did not like this packaging.

Firstly it's either I got the wrong colour or it did seem to oxidize. Id always end up with a really pink face that definitely did not like my skin.

I have combination skin. An oily t-zone and dry to normal cheeks. It was okay on my t-zone but didn't hold on or show any sign of keeping it at bay( it not what the product is supposed to do though) and it definitely did not like my dry skin either.

It didn't work for me, regardless of if I primed my face, moisturized it or even added face powder.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2014 10:35:00 AM More reviews by mariakimberely

This foundation clung to my dry patches and emphasized where I had blemishes. However it did have good coverage but it's far too thick for an everyday use unless mixed with a moisturiser 50/50. Being in my teens my skin is hardly great, by this I mean I have un even skin tones and breakouts etc. And like the other reviewers I think this foundation added to my skin problems.

Pros-
Good coverage
SPF 20

Cons-
Causes breakouts
Clings to dry patches

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2014 6:09:00 AM More reviews by Threase

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

When it's warm out, my skin flares up. Red blotches start to appear out of nowhere and my BB cream did not really cover this up. It just dried out.
So I got this Maybelline make up one day, along with the pressed powder of the same brand name and behold a new-faced me!!
The coverage is excellent and it glides on. I use a foundation brush to apply and work it in really well into the skin. Then I top with the powder. It looks so flawless and doesn't dry up or anything, unlike the other foundations I have had.
One problem is that throughout the day, it does rub off. I work with books and paper and they are dotted with foundation marks from where I have touched my face and then touched a book! But this is a small price to pay for having flawless looking skin for at least 10 hours!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2014 8:25:00 AM More reviews by Sjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Bought this on a whim, like I pretty much always buy foundations. Don't really need it, am very content with the bb creams and powders I have, but this received very good ratings and reviews here in the Netherlands. So when I saw it for half price I went ahead and bought it. The colour I have is 021 NUDE, which is fairly light with yellow to neutral undertones, it's almost completely right for me. In winter I probably have to go down to 010 IVORY (020 CAMEO is lighter than the 010, strangely enough). One pump is way too much for me, but I don't need much coverage, it made it very difficult to apply evenly with my fingers. I had to use facial spray (Evian) to blot it down a bit, and this did the trick. It's pretty sheer, my freckles shine through, but all imperfections are toned down. A lot! I have trouble finding the pores on my nose, it covers them up brilliantly! Will update how this works after using it a few more times.
UPDATE: Still like it and use it regularly. Small flaws are that it makes dry flakes stand out like crazy and that, because I have freckles, it makes the pores on my cheeks extra visible (as they are filled with the foundation they turn a visible skin colour against the brown of the freckles...). But the last thing is easily fixed by wearing some blush on top (which I always do anyway).