Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin

2.9

on 7/24/2015 9:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I had high hopes for this, but it honestly isn't for mature skin or skin with larger pores. It has too matte of a finish for me. Leaves my skin dry looking, shows pours and lines. Also, seems to keep a very slight tack to it and gives a medium coverage. This isn't a "super stay", it does rub off. I would not rebuy.

I have #30, warm nude which is very close in color to the Fit Me #210, both of these are more of a summer color for me, one shade lighter has too much pink. I have med-light yellow/olive skin.

The good is, the pump is lovely. It applies easily with fingers or brush. The price isn't terrible.

I do love the better skin concealer and have a review on it.

Pros:
Yellow based colors
Lovely pump
Not overly priced
No fragrance

Cons:
Not for mature skin
Matte finish
Shows lines/pores
Rubs off easily

on 7/18/2015 8:31:00 PM

Ok this foundation is tricky. First off it gets a thumbs up for having a pump! When I first tried it out I used a brush to apply it. I used two pumps and it went on flawless. I used it alone and used the SuperStay Concealer with it. The key is to press it in. It does accentuate my deep pores. When I set it with my powder and when I went to bronze it was patchy. It clung to the bronzer and I couldn't blend it. However I decided to give it another try the next day. This time I primed my face first then applied it with a beauty blender. This application also went on flawless. I set it and when I went to use my bronzer it blend like a dream. The key to this product is a beauty blender and a primer. It did stay on all day and it did not transfer. There are not many color choices, but you can buy two bottles of one lighter than your shade and one darker and mix to make your shade. Its pretty much what I have to do with any foundation even high end. I'm just a hard match. I hope this helped some.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

If this foundation was one shade lighter I would use it every single time I do my makeup! I love this foundation, it make my skin look amazing!!! No oily and you can build it up to your desired coverage :D it is a bit thick but I mix it with a more liquid foundation and some extra moisturiser.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral

This foundation claims to make your skin "better" in just a few weeks and last all day. I didn't get to test either claim because this stuff makes my skin burn! That has never happened to me with any foundation, drugstore or high end. While I do have sensitive skin, this is unacceptable. I tried it again the next day to see if it was a fluke or I was going crazy, and the same thing happened. From what I observed before my skin started to burn, the foundation has a medium coverage and wasn't very easy to blend. The only good things I can say about this foundation is that it has a pump, and it matched my skin pretty well. Other than that, it was a disaster.

on 7/6/2015 6:17:00 PM

I was very excited to find this at my local
Target for $9.99 and got the color 30 to match my NC25/30 skin. The excitement ends there as this foundation is pretty awful, even by drugstore standards :/ the color is a good match and that's pretty much the only good thing about it, and the fact that the packaging mercifully has a pump. The coverage is medium, at best, and will cover redness but not dark marks or pimples. The finish is an odd flat looking matte and feels heavy. Sinks into my pores immediately and looks cakey around my nose. The worst thing about it however is the fact that it totes "superstay" in the name but the foundation disappears any place you may have touched or transferred or plain just wear off! It looks awful! My chin practically has no foundation after 3 hours of wear and little wear n tear! This is going back, as I've worn it around 5 times now and have had the same problem.....it doesn't seem to do much for my oily nose either and just looks and feels gross. Loreal pro infallible is a MUCH superior product IMO and a few dollars more.

on 7/6/2015 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I adore this. This year's newest releases of drugstore foundations have been good to me. This and CoverGirl's Stay Luminous are my latest favorites. Normally, I really gravitate towards high end foundations but these are making me love drugstore foundations again. What I love about this is good coverage, not too matte but lasts and has a good SPF.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I believe this foundation has been out over seas for awhile and new here in the U.S (my bottle looks tote diff from pic here) regardless this foundation didnt live up to its hype, the price point (Target 9.99) was reasonable and even the packaging was nice (pump is always a plus) the formula itself is a thick creamy consistancy and while it was okay to apply it looked horrible on! it emphazied my pores and sunk into my very very fine smile lines (im 25 yo for reff) i used various primers and brushes (even my BB) and could not make this work for me! it looked dry and cakey and my face felt clogged- i literally noticed breaks out within the hour, i washed my face asap and back to the store it went. very dissapointed !

on 7/1/2015 3:26:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

this is a really really good foundation for me, I have sensitive oily acne prone skin and this definitely gave me full coverage without feeling heavy and it did help witj breakouts. I highly recommend it.

on 5/8/2015 7:09:00 AM

Nice foundation. Although it has quite a thick texture, it's fairly easy to apply. One pump is enough. Provides nice coverage. I tend to have both shine and dry patches. This doesn't make my skin particularly shiny nor does it accentuate my dry patches. Leaves a nice finish. I might repurchase.

I picked up the lightest shade which matched my skin almost perfectly, and it offers fairly good coverage without causing breakouts. However, it does emphasise the dry patches of my face