Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin

2.8

on 3/30/2015 5:45:00 PM

I got the lightest shade of this foundation. It has a pink tone and it didn't match my skin tone, the coverage is light to medium. Overall it did a great job just the shade didn't match with my skin tone.

on 3/25/2015 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I find this foundation really good, actually it really surprises me the bad reviews cause I love it! It's has medium coverage but it excellent for a daily basis considering it doesn't look as you are wearing something.

on 3/13/2015 7:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

The colours I have are 021 NUDE & 020 CAMEO, 021 is fairly light with yellow to neutral undertones, it's almost completely right for me. In winter I go down to 020, which is slightly pinker and most definitely lighter than 021 and 010 IVORY. The IVORY one (010) is so dark it's not even funny anymore. I think the right sequence from light to dark is 020 CAMEO-021 NUDE-010 IVORY- and then the rest of them as they actually are. I've also seen 005 LIGHT BEIGE on the web, but it's not available here, so no idea how that looks.

One pump is way too much for me, but I don't need much coverage, it made it very difficult to apply evenly with my fingers. I use half a pump with a RT stippling brush, which makes the application a lot easier. The pros are that it's sheer enough while still covering any dark circles & red spots, and it's matte without losing the natural shine of your skin. No matte mask effect, natural enough for me.

Cons are that it makes dry flakes & the little hairs on your face stand out like crazy and that, because I have freckles, it makes the pores on my cheeks extra visible (as they are filled with the foundation they turn a visible skin colour against the brown of the freckles...). But the last thing is easily fixed by wearing some blush on top (which I always do anyway). The last con, and the biggest one, as far as I'm concerned, is that it heaps up in wrinkles. Even when using a primer and applying it with a stippling brush, and finishing with a fixing spray! I don't even use that much to begin with -_-'
At first I did't notice it, but now that the sun is out, and I'm sitting beside a large window at work, I can see it!!

This used to be my favorite foundation, but now that I've been using Le Teinte Eclat from YSL for a while now the difference is pretty big to this ones disadvantage.

on 2/11/2015 9:23:00 AM

I bought this foundation around two weeks ago after testing it in the colour light beige, which was a perfect colour match and I found it hard to find a good colour of foundation.

First of all, the foundation has a lovely thick texture and applies really easily but around 10-20 minutes after application I found it starting it to sink into my pores and after 2-3days of wearing it my skin completely broke out which is really rare for me!

In conclusion this foundation runs off your face,clings to any dry patches, looks cakey with power or if you build it up and breaks you out really bad. I would NOT recommend this to a friend and I think it is absolute rubbish.

on 1/11/2015 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

This did attach to my dry patches A LOT, made my skin more dry than it already is and made me break out as well. After a while of wearing this the product just dissapeared and you couldn't tell I had actually been using it. Whan was left was in my fine lines and pores. And yes, i did use a primer. Garnier 5 sec blur to be percise.

on 12/11/2014 1:52:00 PM

I bought this product and I was so excited to try it. The pump gives a good amount of product, I bought the shade light beige which was a bit too light for me but that was my mistake. After I put it on my skin I thought the foundation was perfect, but only 10 minutes later I noticed that my skin looked really dry and it only got worse during the day. So I would not recommend this for someone with a dry skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

As winter creeps nearer, my skin goes from somewhat dry to superdry. So this year, I thought I'd by a liquid foundation, instead of struggling with my mineral foundation on my dry skin. I love that foundation, but in wintertime it's impossible to make it look or feel good.

Anyhow. After trying out Maybelline Superstay Better Skin at the store, and really liking it, I bought it. The first thing I thought was that I really likes how easy it was to apply and how soft my skin felt when the foundation had set. It always gives me a very natural and healthy finish. And I always get compliments on how well-rested I look, when I wear it.
I also like the packaging, as the foundation comes in a glass bottle with a pump.

That is where the pros of the foundation ends.

The foundation is marketed as one who is going to give you better skin. It did the exact opposite for me. The skin of my cheeks and forehead got itchy, and I got breakouts of pimples. Sure I have a bit sensitive skin, but I don't have acne-prone skin.

My skin is dry/very dry, still this foundation doesn't last me more than 3 hours (even with primer, setting powder and fixing spray). After that time it has completely vanished from my nose, creased on my eyelids (a problem I've never had with foundations before) and I'm shiny like a mirror on my forehead.

Pros:
+ Gives you a healthy look.
+ Bottle with pump.

Cons:
- Makes me breakout.
- Doesn't last longer than 3 hrs.
- Problems with creasing.
- Makes me shiny like a mirror.

I would not recommend this product to a friend. And I will not buy this again.

on 10/1/2014 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I won this little gem from a giveaway MNY was having and for reference, I’m Asian and have acne-prone combination-oily skin and dry patches, with a lightly tanned, neutral skin tone; my shade for Better Skin is 032 Golden (MAC 37-40). I opened up the box and firstly saw the packaging. It is in a small glass bottle (which I’m okay with, but some people may be more inclined to dropping glass bottles) in which there was 30ml of foundation. Considering the fact that this retails for NZD $33.99, I would say it is in the mid-range for the price of drugstore foundations, dearer than the Fit Me range but less than L'Oreal and Revlon. The design of the packaging is nice, nothing jawdropping, but fairly standard. And IT HAS A PUMP! Definitely a pro in my (and countless others’) book. It took me a few pumps to get anything out, but I managed to get a small dollop onto my hand. The texture is quite creamy and thick, which is really nice. I smeared it along my jawline and chin and found that it was extremely pink for something that was called Golden. I’m neither pink or yellow toned but wow… it was very pink. However, I found that it did set after a while into something a little more yellow. I was pleased to find that it did not emphasise my dry patches – so pretty hydrating – and felt very soft on the skin. Unfortunately, I did find that it had rubbed off a little onto my white collar, so it’s not as non-transferring as it claims. The next day, I applied it all over my face with a primer and a stippling brush, and found that it did tend to cake up on my cheeks if I built it up. Despite this, it did look beautiful on the areas that weren’t cakey; the finish is satin, so not dewy and not matte but somewhere between the two. I saw that it did settle a bit into my smile lines but it wasn’t too noticeable. The coverage was also pretty good, probably not full though. As for the longwearing claims – it fares pretty well in that department. I didn’t even set it with powder and it lasted quite a while. Overall, not perfect, but would recommend especially if there’s a colour match.

on 9/8/2014 9:55:00 AM

I find this foundation way too matte for me. Even though I apply it right on top of the moisturizer, it dries very quickly and hence is hard to work with. Since it is that dry, it kind of feels like I am wearing a mask and och don't feel comfortable in that. It is supposed to be hydrating but I definitely would not agree on that.

Also, I found it hard to pick the right shade since they all were really pink. The color I opted for did look quite yellow at first, but it came out waaay to pink and bright on my skin.

The coverage is really good (medium to full). While it covers blemishes and other imperfections your skin will still looks like skin, which is really important in my opinion, but the dry finish still makes it quite caky on my skin.

With that being said, I just feel like I picked the wrong foundation for my skin type (normal to combination), since this obviously is a foundation for oily and/or acne prone skin, and that the foundation itself still can be good for those kind of skin types.

on 9/5/2014 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this product! Same price as my normal foundation yet so much better! Covers my spots brilliantly yet still feels so light! It's not oily and makes my skin feel much cleaner!