Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin

2.9

on 8/29/2015 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

First and foremost, this foundation does not have a matte finish. It has a "skin-like" (or a satin like) finish... hence its name Better Than Skin. It isn’t super dewy and it doesn’t leave my skin feeling or looking excessively oily.

I have noticed that many of my foundations transfer onto everything my face comes in contact with. I ended up sleeping with this foundation on (you know, just a causal after work nap) and I was wearing a white shirt, the product did not transfer. It hasn’t caused any irritation or bumps which is a major plus for me because my skin is sensitive, acne-prone, and super oily. It also lasted about 8 hours and that was without using a primer. Overall, I am happy with it and would gladly repurchase.

on 8/24/2015 11:57:00 PM

At first, I wasn't a fan of this. I have dry skin and this foundation has a matte finish. However, I like to mix it with the bronze bb from Maybelline as well and it gives me a nice glow. I like this foundation because it's long lasting, even through the hot summer days

on 8/21/2015 10:56:00 PM

I heard decent reviews else where and figured I would give this foundation a shot. Never again. Only had to wear it one day to decide that due to random hives all over my face. I know it is the foundation and not my primer or moisturizer because I have used those for a while and they have never given me a reaction. If you have sensitive skin, I definitely do not recommend this product. My skin rarely breaks out in hives from foundations, so I know that it is this foundation that is the problem.

on 8/11/2015 1:50:00 PM

I like the pump but that is about it. The color range is too narrow. Even though it seems pink based and I have pink undertones, the color I got didn't match my skin. It also accentuates any dryness you have- sticks right to it. It is also very light coverage. And to top it all off I now have three new pimples. Will definitely return this and do not recommend for fellow fair and combination skin types

on 8/3/2015 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I love this. I am not sure why there are low ratings on here about this foundation. It is really beautiful, lasts all day, looks natural, and is a satin finish. I really love this because I know when I apply it in the morning, it will stay on all day. You can choose not to set it with a powder and it will be shine free all day. It looks better as the day goes on! I prefer it with a beauty blender though versus a brush. Will definitely repurchase!

on 8/2/2015 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have oily/combination acne prone skin and this worked wonderfully on me! I used my NYX Shine Killer primer, applied the foundation with a damp beauty blender, and I set it with some powder. This foundation is great for everyday use and the lasting power of this foundation is great. I will repurchase this product!

on 7/24/2015 9:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I had high hopes for this, but it honestly isn't for mature skin or skin with larger pores. It has too matte of a finish for me. Leaves my skin dry looking, shows pours and lines. Also, seems to keep a very slight tack to it and gives a medium coverage. This isn't a "super stay", it does rub off. I would not rebuy.

I have #30, warm nude which is very close in color to the Fit Me #210, both of these are more of a summer color for me, one shade lighter has too much pink. I have med-light yellow/olive skin.

The good is, the pump is lovely. It applies easily with fingers or brush. The price isn't terrible.

I do love the better skin concealer and have a review on it.

Pros:
Yellow based colors
Lovely pump
Not overly priced
No fragrance

Cons:
Not for mature skin
Matte finish
Shows lines/pores
Rubs off easily

on 7/18/2015 8:31:00 PM

Ok this foundation is tricky. First off it gets a thumbs up for having a pump! When I first tried it out I used a brush to apply it. I used two pumps and it went on flawless. I used it alone and used the SuperStay Concealer with it. The key is to press it in. It does accentuate my deep pores. When I set it with my powder and when I went to bronze it was patchy. It clung to the bronzer and I couldn't blend it. However I decided to give it another try the next day. This time I primed my face first then applied it with a beauty blender. This application also went on flawless. I set it and when I went to use my bronzer it blend like a dream. The key to this product is a beauty blender and a primer. It did stay on all day and it did not transfer. There are not many color choices, but you can buy two bottles of one lighter than your shade and one darker and mix to make your shade. Its pretty much what I have to do with any foundation even high end. I'm just a hard match. I hope this helped some.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

If this foundation was one shade lighter I would use it every single time I do my makeup! I love this foundation, it make my skin look amazing!!! No oily and you can build it up to your desired coverage :D it is a bit thick but I mix it with a more liquid foundation and some extra moisturiser.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral

This foundation claims to make your skin "better" in just a few weeks and last all day. I didn't get to test either claim because this stuff makes my skin burn! That has never happened to me with any foundation, drugstore or high end. While I do have sensitive skin, this is unacceptable. I tried it again the next day to see if it was a fluke or I was going crazy, and the same thing happened. From what I observed before my skin started to burn, the foundation has a medium coverage and wasn't very easy to blend. The only good things I can say about this foundation is that it has a pump, and it matched my skin pretty well. Other than that, it was a disaster.