Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin

2.8

It transferred and came off really easily even though I used a primer and a powder to set! Did not make my skin better at all, didn't make it worse either. Wouldn't buy again, don't bother buying if you're looking for a nice Maybelline foundation try one from their Fit Me collection.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This was my first foundation and since I had nothing to compare it to, I couldn't tell how good or bad it was. I finished 1 bottle in almost exactly half a year, using it pretty much every day except weekends. It got the job done, more or less; it did even out my skin colour, and I did have that nice made-up look you get just by applying foundation alone, but once I stopped being a newbie with make-up I realised there were a couple of problems. First of all, I never quite liked the texture, the way it felt on my face. Now that I've tried other foundations I realise that that unpleasant feeling is what people describe as foundation 'sitting on top of your skin' (I was so surprised by how nicely my new foundation [MAC] fit my skin, just blended right into it, and didn't feel layered or sticky or weird. I thought Maybelline's was normal. Oh blissful ignorance.) Second problem was that around 3 or 4 hours in, my foundation half disappeared, half melted off my face (the later specially on my oily T-zone), and that was in winter! I tried with a face primer, still no luck. I tried changing the application, still the same. Summer came and I dropped the foundation in favour of a BB cream because I knew it'd be melted and oily as hell everywhere within the hour. Then I bought the MAC foundation and got a taste of what a nice foundation actually feels like.

So yeah, it's not TERRIBLE, it does help make you look neater, but it won't last long, and I personally didn't like the texture. It's a 'meh' product.

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

I tried to use this for a while. It just never looked good on my skin. I tried applying with a foundation brush, my fingers, and a sponge. I used it with a primer and without. It emphasized my pores and was difficult to blend. It always looked cakey no matter how I tried to blend. The color was a good match and the pump was wonderful. It did not make my combo skin break out. I really wanted it to work, but it just didn't.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I really like this. My shade, 90, doesn't seem to be available everywhere, but I loved my first bottle so much, I sought out a second one. I see that people have called it oily or streaky, but I find the weight, coverage, and texture perfect. I do brush a little powder over my T-zone after. The only thing I don't like, contrary to everyone else, is the pump. I prefer a bottle more like Fit Me, where I don't waste any or have to unclog a pump. It costs about 10-12 dollars, and it's a great value.

I normally use the Maybelline Fit Me foundation, until one day I ran out and decided to try The Maybelline Superstay. The packaging is great, very hygienic, and has a pump for clean application. The first few times I tried this, the coverage was weak and it was very very difficult to blend. I used it for about a week and then went back to my go to Fit Me which I absolutely love. I tried this stuff again on thanksgiving, using one thing coat (great skin day) and later that day I found large red cystic acne on my forehead, neck and nose that did not go away for a few days. I blamed the outbreak on something I ate and did not think it was the foundation. Yesterday, I wore this foundation again and the exact same thing happened only now I have hives on my neck and chin. Never buying this stuff again, good riddance!

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This foundation went on very nicely and might work for someone whose skin is not problematic. However, it emphasized every pore on my face and I don't have large pores. My skin is extremely oily with dry patches (that are also oily, hard to explain) and it made every patch and bump noticeable. Keep in mind that I am a certified makeup artist, so I know how to properly prep, prime, apply, and set my makeup. And it wasn't long lasting whatsoever. The only thing I like about this foundation is the packaging, and the shade selection is better (but could be wider) than Maybelline Superstay (whose shades all had a weird tint or orange).

I love this foundation! I have combination skin, with it being on the more oily side. I hate matte foundations though, because they usually make my face look flat & I prefer the dewy look. This foundation is perfect because it looks like your skin, but better! I always think I am going to find a better foundation & when I try a different one I will wonder why I ever stopped using this one & will immediately go back to it. I will definitely continue to buy this.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I wanted this to work since it has vitamin c and SPF in it. I had a great color match with the matte and Poreless foundation but this foundation looks orange or too grey on me. Since I couldn't find a good match it just sat on top of my skin making my pores look huge. I like the concept but the execution was horrible.

Made me break out in cystic acne.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I have this in the two lightest colors. the second lightest color is too dark, I bought it thinking it was the lightest color, then found #10 porcelain ivory at another store and bought it. #10 is a pretty decent shade match, which is hard for me to find because I am super fair! I apply with my beauty blender and it has pretty good coverage, feels super light on my face. I do find it applies better over my primer (i use the nyx honey dew one) than over moisturizer alone. it's not perfect, but it's decently priced and looks pretty good, doesn't cling to my dry skin on my chin (at least when I wear the primer) and hasn't caused my sensitive, acne prone skin any issues so far, I've used it numerous times the last 3 weeks.