Simple Ultra-Light Gel Moisturizer

3.9

Water (Aqua), Pentylene Glycol, Isoceteth-20, Glycerin, Ascorbic Acid, Panthenol, PEG-33, PEG-8 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, PEG-14, Caprylyl Glycol, Disodium EDTA

on 2/27/2015 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a great moisturizer for the warmer months. (It won't do much for dry, winter skin.) It absorbs quickly, and once it's dry I don't feel it on my skin at all. It actually looks quite matte when it's dry. I'm always confused by "moisturizing" products that mattify my skin... Anyway, I like it because I have sensitive, oily skin with adult hormonal acne and it doesn't irritate my face. I got it on clearance at Target.

on 2/23/2015 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have oily dehydrated skin. This gel moisturizer is great for daytime use. At night I use a heavier moisturizer (Cereve in the tub). Has not irritated or broken out my skin at all, but, I don't have breakout prone skin to begin with.

This is a very lightweight moisturizer and I'm lovin' it. It sinks in right away, is not sticky and I don't even feel it on my face. It just seems to balance my skin making it not oilier or dry. If you do have dry skin this probably isn't for you. If you have combo skin you'll most likely have to add a richer moisturizer on your dry spots. For my under eye area, I use a more emmoliant cream as this is too light.

My skin used to get oily under my makeup and I'd have to blot at least once a day - even with mattifying primers, foundations, powders, yadda yadda yadda. Now that I've been using this I haven't had to blot at all. It works goid as a makeup primer (for my skin) as well.

I use 1/2 a pump (yes, it has a pump!) for my entire face. So even though the container is not very big, it lasts a lot longer than I thought it would.

Will definitely re-purchase.

on 2/17/2015 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This moisturizer feels very cool and refreshing when first applied, and does a good job of keeping my oily skin hydrated and balanced. I wouldn't suggest trying this if you have dry skin (or dry patches) as it probably won't do much for you, but it can't be beat as far as lightweight moisturizers go. Highly recommended for those with oily, sensitive skin.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

A nice, light and cooling moisturizer. It doesn't seem to be irritating or breaking me out which is good. It's definitely very light, probably the lightest one I've used! I love it right now because even though my skin is sometimes dry, the thick moisturizers I was using before started to feel really gross and tacky after a while. This sinks in in about 10 seconds :)

on 1/31/2015 7:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I bought this because I was in love with the simple 24/7 day/nite cream that came in the jar. Seriously that cream is the best (check out my review on that). The only reason I purchased this gel moisturizer is because I personally felt the pump was more hygienic which was my only gripe about the other moisturizer. Since the gel moisturizer is a gel it is very like and absorbed well into the skin as advertised. I don't think it's moisturizing enough possibly because it's winter. I don't want to give this a negative review I just think I'm using it in the wrong season. My extremely oily skin will probably love it during the hot months.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I really wanted to love this. I have oily skin and it's extremely sensitive so when I came across the brand, I swooned. It has a good consistency and it really smoothed onto my skin nicely. I've only had this for about a week, but around my chin and my nose my skin is drying out like crazy. Hopefully other pieces in the brand will work, since it's so light and has natural ingredients, but sadly, this really didn't work for me :/

on 12/14/2014 7:24:00 AM

This was just ok. I tried it to see if it would be a cheaper drug store alternative to clinique dramatically different moisturizing gel. I found this product to be sticky, not moisturizing, and seemed to need a lot of product to cover my face. Probably won't repurchase.

on 10/27/2014 9:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Scent and paraben free - biggest reason I tried this moisturizer. My current HG daytime moisturizer. When I ran out of this moisturizer, I could immediately tell that my skin missed it A LOT. This gel moisturizer is not greasy or sticky at all, calming to skin, balances oil and best of all, it's all natural. The hubby reports the same positive results as well. About $9-10 per bottle - a little dab goes a long way.

I love this moisturizer. When I was younger and struggling with oily broken out skin I wasn't using a moisturizer at all because every moisturizer I tried was either irritating or wouldn't absorb into my skin. So I didn't bother using it. But then I read somewhere that if you have oily skin you should use a gel moisturizer so one day I spotted this moisturizer in Walmart and decided to give it a try. I was beyond happy to see that My skin actually absorbed this moisturizer! It didn't have any kind of bad smell. It was perfect. Still using it to this day, it is my HG moisturizer.

on 9/1/2014 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm

I've been using this gel moisturizer for about a month. It's great if you've got oily acne-prone skin but even if you've got combo skin this might not be enough moisture (not a problem if you layer it with other stuff or use moisturizing toners).

It's really light weight and absorbs quickly. It does not dry out or mattify skin in any way but neither does it make it slippery, shiny, or oily looking either.

I was really worried that the asorbic acid in this stuff would irritate my skin (for some reason vitamin c makes me all red and broken out) but after looking it up online I read somewhere that the PH is too high for the asorbic acid to do anything and because this stuff doesnt seem to bother my skin I can only assume that's true. If I put my spf on before it's dried it does sting a little but I suspect that's just the spf.

My only complaint is that it seems ridiculously overpriced at $15 for a very basic no-frills moisturizer with no antioxidants or benefits other than moisture (and some may find even that debateable) whatsoever. Also FYI i recently spied it about $5 cheaper at a walmart.