October 25, 2014 | 1536 users online

Treatments (Face) - Paula's Choice - RESIST Skin Transforming Multi-Correction Treatment

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2014 6:40:00 AM More reviews by curren3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I need to wait a while for a full assessment of efficacy, but as other reviewers have said, it has a thick dry texture. Not bad, but I need moisture over it or my face feels too dry. The other thing I noticed was the smell...like sour milk little...hard to place. I hope this is just the smell of the product, and I always prefer that to added fragrance. I mean, I put up with the smell of that brown biologique recherché mask, so I can handle anything ; ) but yeah, what is that smell? No one else noticed?

rated 2 of 5 on 6/25/2014 8:40:00 PM More reviews by Sereen13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I suffer from a few acne scars and the odd breakout with bumpy skin, So i thought id try this product,
I've been using it about three weeks now and to be honest i haven't seen any difference in my skin. The product hasn't irritated my skin but it also has done anything to make it look better in terms of transforming it. It feels thick upon application but it does absorb into the skin well. But i do find that i need to use some sort of moisturizer after, as it drys my skin ever so slightly.
Paula has done extensive research in the field of skin care and its all very scientific in the sense that i don't feel like i'm pampering my skin, its more medicinal and non scented, which can be a PRO

Ill carry on applying it, which i do every night before i go to bed and hopefully i'll begin to notice a positive change. If i do ill keep you all posted, but until then i don't think i would repurchase this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2014 3:32:00 PM More reviews by geeemm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It's taken me months to realise it, but this is my absolute superstar product! I got a tube when it was first released several months ago, having read about the efficacy of Azelaic Acid in treating rosacea as well as plain-old breakouts. I hadn't tried Finacea before, but thought this product might be a better way to try it out - it has 10% Azelaic Acid as opposed to the 15% in Finacea, plus a number of anti-inflammatory ingredients missing from the prescription strengths.

At first, I found the product irritated my skin somewhat. I experienced dryness and some flaking for the first couple of weeks, having eased into it every few nights to begin with. After this period, my skin really improved - much more even in tone and breakouts reduced. Although I already had a comprehensive routine, including BHA exfoliants, my rosacea usually holds it back from looking truly clear. When I use this product, it really pushes my skin to be its best! Although it's a fairly thick lotion, it sinks in immediately and doesn't make my oily skin any worse. I find that a generous all-over application helps the most, whereas spot-treating individual breakouts isn't so effective. Being a heavier base, I think it does contribute to a few extra blackheads around the nose, but it's a small price to pay in my opinion.

Despite the initial success of this treatment, I never really appreciated how much of a difference the one product made for me. I cut back for a while, focusing it on scarred areas instead of rosacea-affected patches. It wasn't until recently that I found an added bonus - it annihilates my seborrheic dermatitis flare ups! I was at my wit's end dealing with red, flaky patches that weren't healing, until I gave this a go on the area. It completely smoothes the skin and eliminates the flakes, allowing me to use sunscreen without worrying about the prominent cakey orange flakes!

As far as I know, this product is only available in the EU and Asia. It is very pricey for the amount you get (30ml - about 2 months' worth), but for me it's worth it. I hope it never gets discontinued.