October 23, 2014 | 2052 users online

Lip Gloss - Bare Escentuals - Marvelous Movie Lipgloss- Smooth Talker

rated 3.0(1 review)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2014 2:53:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

This lipgloss is eh. It's a decent product, but it's nothing to really rave about.
Smooth Talker is a light, cool-toned cotton candy pink with prominent golden shimmer. It looks very beautiful in its packaging, coupled with the sleek black cap and tall, clear tube. Promising in its tube, yes, but on the lips- the cotton candy pink color does not show up. Only the golden shimmer does. The golden shimmer does look very nice, but that's about all I could see on my lips, which I found disappointing.
What I found the most interesting was the taste and smell- it smells very pepperminty, and feels very cooling on the lips. It tastes pepperminty too, but with more chemicals, and the taste isn't super pleasant, but not unbearable at all. I liked that.
The texture of this gloss is really thick, in my opinion- it has an interesting viscosity. You do need a good amount of this gloss to get an even coat (a little bit does NOT go a long way), and I wouldn't call this a lightweight gloss, but it does look very smooth. However, it doesn't feel extremely sticky on the lips and it leaves a beautiful shine.
I think the staying power is kind of average; it doesn't need to be reapplied too often, but it won't last all day either. It sure doesn't last through food. Unfortunately, it leaves a sticky residue on my lips after I took it off, which is slightly annoying.
This isn't a bad lipgloss, but for $18, you can definitely find better products. I'd probably try some more of the Marvelous Moxie line if I get the chance, because the gloss does look very nice.