Yves Rocher Monoi L'Eau des Vahines

4.5

alcohol, aqua/water/eau, parfum/fragrance, peg-40 hydrogenated castor oil, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, ethylhexyl salicylate, butyl methoxydibenzoylmethane, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, amyl cinnamal, linalool, benzyl benzoate, benzyl alcohol, gardenia tahitensis flower extract, ci 17200 (red 33), ci 15985 (yellow 6), ci 15510 (orange 4).

on 6/24/2014 5:22:00 PM

Totally agree with highrise's view. I just spent a month in France, visiting my family. I always look for things that are not available where I live, like Bourjois, and Yves Rocher.

This is a very pleasant summer scent. Monoi can be a bit cloying, if not well done. This one is perfect. It's sweet and creamy, but light at the same time. It's a great alternative to the usual, overdone, unimaginative citrusy scents that they bombard us with, every summer.

on 6/18/2014 9:39:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

The tropical/beachy category of scent was conspicuously missing from my collection...never one that I actively sought out. The recent flurry around Guerlain's Terracotta parfum started me on a trip down that rabbithole, and while I missed out on the Guerlain, I just had to have something along those lines.
Yves Rocher is a wonderful French brand of fragrance, skincare and makeup that is very affordable and high quality. L'Eau des Vahines is a textbook tropical beach scent - it fairly explodes upon first spray, but slowly turns into a creamy, sweet floral. Lots of white flowers, coconut and vanilla - the tuberose and ylang-ylang are quite prominent.
This lovely scent is all about happy, bright laid-back holiday time. Very uplifting, summery-sweet and cheery!