November 26, 2014 | 1006 users online

Fragrances - Yves Rocher - Monoi L'Eau des Vahines

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2014 5:22:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Totally agree with highrise's view. I just spent a month in France, visiting my family. I always look for things that are not available where I live, like Bourjois, and Yves Rocher.

This is a very pleasant summer scent. Monoi can be a bit cloying, if not well done. This one is perfect. It's sweet and creamy, but light at the same time. It's a great alternative to the usual, overdone, unimaginative citrusy scents that they bombard us with, every summer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2014 9:39:00 AM More reviews by highrise

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The tropical/beachy category of scent was conspicuously missing from my collection...never one that I actively sought out. The recent flurry around Guerlain's Terracotta parfum started me on a trip down that rabbithole, and while I missed out on the Guerlain, I just had to have something along those lines.
Yves Rocher is a wonderful French brand of fragrance, skincare and makeup that is very affordable and high quality. L'Eau des Vahines is a textbook tropical beach scent - it fairly explodes upon first spray, but slowly turns into a creamy, sweet floral. Lots of white flowers, coconut and vanilla - the tuberose and ylang-ylang are quite prominent.
This lovely scent is all about happy, bright laid-back holiday time. Very uplifting, summery-sweet and cheery!