Boots No 7 Protect and Perfect Intense Facial Sun Protection SPF 30

on 5/11/2015 12:09:00 PM

I agree with the previous reviewer about how greasy this is. It is now called a BB cream.
I purchased the spf 50 version, 5 UVA stars plus the benefits of their Protect and Perfect is a brilliant concept. There are two issues I have:

1) The shade, the Medium is far too dark, I am a C or N5 in MAC and it this leaves a muddy stain on my skin, I have an Asian friend who has found it too dark too. Despite the tint, it still leaves the skin looking slightly opaque for an hour or two.

2) The product is too tacky and the majority of users will be having to blot which defeats the object as the sunscreen will be removed with each successive blot. It also makes eyeliner and mascara smudge. I think I will have to use this on the back of my hands as they are drier than my face.

If Boots were to perfect this product, I would ask them to look at Anthelios Fluid Extreme Tinted, which has a very light texture, a better shade and is nowhere near as greasy, although it doesn't have the skin benefits that the Boots one apparently has.

on 6/11/2014 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I think this review is for the newer No7 Anti-Dark Spot Facial Sun Protection SPF30 by Boots that Boots has mixed with one of their popular serums. I only bought it because I need a chemical sunscreen for my dark skin that doesn't leave a whitish cast all over the place and L'Oreal has gotten rid of their Solar Expertise line that had a matte sunscreen that didn't look white. I don't see a whitish cast thank goodness but it does make my face shiny although when I first put it on I did use my moisturiser firsthand in rather a liberal fashion. How clumsy of me : )

I may update this review in the future.

I just need to use this a bit more sparingly perhaps!

I'm a MAC NC45 and I have oily, acne prone skin.

UPDATE 19/06/2014 I can only ever use this sparingly especially as I usually use foundation and powder over it. Using even a little more than a spare amount renders my face too darn shiny and makes some of my makeup slip off during the day a bit. But the back of the tube of this says 'no shine'. My foot! LOL I won't be buying this again for this reason. I have oily skin normally as it is especially during hot and humid weather.

People who have very dry skin, hate the look of matte skin and prefer to look dewy all the time may very well like this a lot.