The Body Shop Coconut Body Butter

4.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Cyclomethicone, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Glycerin, Theobroma cacao (Cocoa) Butter, Clyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Lanolin Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Xanthan Gum, Benzyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Caramel.

This is one of my favorite body products; it's smooth, creamy, and smells nice without being overpowering and over-perfumed. I've tried some of the other scents, such as shea, and I'm thinking of trying the fuji green tea, but coconut is a tried-and-true classic that I would recommend to anyone. My one problem with this is the packaging; I wish it were more tightly sealed in the shops because I had an unfortunate situation where I accidentally bought a tin that had clearly already been "tested" (even though it was not marked "tester.") Not pleasant. Overall though, it's a great product that I will buy again and again.

I totally loooove this smell! It sinks into the skin fast, it feels good on the skin and there's nothing to hate with it really. Maybe a bit expensive, but I think it's worth it. I love the small containers for travelling to, perfect! :)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I especially enjoy applying this to my legs. It leaves them so soft and supple feeling. The texture is like a thick creamy balm that melts into your skin as your applying it. The scent is a yummy warm tropical coconut.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

The Coconut Body Butter is one of my favourites from The Body Shop. It has quite a hard, balmy texture which melts into the skin, leaving it very soft and hydrated. It absorbs fairly quickly, though your skin will still feel very soft and moist. The scent is a beautiful, warm, nutty scent which is quite sweet and has a bit of a tropical vibe to it. The scent also lasts on my skin all day and is very gentle, warm and comforting. My skin is naturally very dry and sensitive, but this body butter does not cause irritation and leaves my skin without any hint of dryness. It goes especially well with the vanilla body mist that The Body Shop also sells. A little goes a long way with this product and it is quite reasonably priced. This body butter is perhaps my favourite, I love it and would always repurchase.

I feel like I'm on vacation when I use this, it's like a coconut paradise! Very moisturizing and luxurious feeling too for how cheap it is. Great stuff!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This one is really good! At first I quite hate the smell. But it grew on me and now I love it! It's really moisturizing and It's quite long lasting. Because I'm in Indonesia, this body butter is a lil bit on a pricey side. But other than that, I'd love to purchase this again

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I adore coconut, and this is my favorite scent of all the Body Butters with cocoa butter and chocolate as runners-up. I favor the foodie ones rather than the florals. I've bought several fragrances over the years, but I've bought coconut the most. Warm and rich and comforting. It's butter - it's thick. It's not for people who don't like oil.

PROS:

The delicious coconut scent.

The texture is decadently creamy. All those oils and shea butter make a favorite fix for dry skin, especially feet and hands.

The Body Shop has promotions and specials to reward you for buying more than one item. They occasionally offer deals, such as 3 for the price of 2, and have lots of sales. It costs $21 for 6.75 ounces, which sounds like a lot but one tub tends to last a few months.

This also comes in a little 1.69 ounce size for $7. The mini is nice for trips, and I've been known to keep one in my desk at work.

I appreciate the company's cruelty free policy and its community efforts in global trade.

CONS:

Not many. I would never put this on my face due to all the fragrance. It's not formulated for the face.

Since this company introduced its Body Butters, they have always come in a little tub. Sometimes I think I might prefer a tube. Perhaps this isn't a practical suggestion because the consistency is quite thick, but it can get messy at times and when you open the lid, you expose the entire product to the air.

I buy these at Ulta or from The Body Shop itself (rather than other sellers online) to make sure I'm getting a fresh, unopened product that hasn't passed its expiration date.

INGREDIENTS:

Water (Solvent/Diluent), Glycerin (Humectant), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter (Emollient), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) (Skin-Conditioning Agent/Emollient), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil (Emollient), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (Emulsifier), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), Ethylhexyl Palmitate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil (Emollient/Hair Conditioner), Bertholletia Excelsa Seed Oil (Emollient), Caprylyl Glycol (Skin Conditioning Agent), Dimethicone (Skin Conditioning Agent), Beeswax (Emulsifier/Emollient), Fragrance (Fragrance), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Benzyl Benzoate (Solvent), Coumarin (Fragrance Ingredient), Butylphenyl Methylpropional (Fragrance Ingredient), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), Caramel (Colour).

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

i bought this butter already a couple of times ever since my teens. Whenever i'm in a coconutty mood i reach for this. the scent is very true to the real thing. it's fresh and yummy. As for hydration it does a very good job. It keeps my skin soft for about 12-18 hours, so that's very descent to me. I will always have one of these in bathroom at some point.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love this product. It moisturizes well but a little too pricey for me. I purchased a coconut scented body butter called kocushea butter from oleinbeauty.com for half the price. It contained all exotic butters and oils and smelled yummy!

I LOVE the smell of this product. Ugh and it's so smooth in texture on the skin. I was afraid to buy body butters because I have tried some that just feel like they don't absorb and then I walk around like a sticky mess. But seriously this is awesome absorbs right up!! Smells like a bakery. Downside is the price. Hate it. Over priced so I'm sticking with Nivea 24 hour lotions.

Top Rated The Body Shop Products