The Body Shop Coconut Body Butter

4.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Cyclomethicone, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Glycerin, Theobroma cacao (Cocoa) Butter, Clyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Lanolin Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Xanthan Gum, Benzyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Caramel.

on 4/13/2015 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love this product. It moisturizes well but a little too pricey for me. I purchased a coconut scented body butter called kocushea butter from oleinbeauty.com for half the price. It contained all exotic butters and oils and smelled yummy!

on 3/15/2015 8:55:00 PM

I LOVE the smell of this product. Ugh and it's so smooth in texture on the skin. I was afraid to buy body butters because I have tried some that just feel like they don't absorb and then I walk around like a sticky mess. But seriously this is awesome absorbs right up!! Smells like a bakery. Downside is the price. Hate it. Over priced so I'm sticking with Nivea 24 hour lotions.

on 3/15/2015 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I was surprised at how much I have come to love this. I had been using the BS coconut milk lotion, and got very annoyed when I realized how much dimethicone was in it. It smelled great, but felt cheap on my skin.
This on the other hand feels positively dreamy, very rich, melts into skin.... and the coconut scent here is slightly different, and deeper than their body milk version. It smells so heavenly in this butter, I can't get enough of it. Its got cocoa butter in it, and I think this adds to the coconut smell in a great way. The coconut fragrance lingers and develops, almost like a perfume, but not strong at all, and not too much sillage. Very natural smelling. Sensual skin-scent.

Keeps my skin very deeply moisturized, and adds a really nice sheen too. It does have a bit of dimethicone, but less then the body milk.

Fantastic product. Will buy the bigger tub next time.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have repurchased this body butter many times . Been using it for well over 10 years. It's moisturizing, smells good, soaks in very well into the skin. A little goes a long way! The smell is wonderful milky coconut scent that definetly is like a suntan lotion. It can be a bit greasy in the summer but it does leave your arms/legs with a nice sheen and who doesn't want to smell like coconut in the summer!?

on 2/22/2015 1:38:00 PM

I get through stages when I absolutely love this coconut body butter - especially during those hot summer months coconut body butter works magic.

As with all of these butters it smells delicious and exotic. It has quite a dense, thick texture but is easy to blend. If you have dry skin or just want something that smells delicious and does good to your body - add this one to your skincare routine.

If you are interested in the entire body butter range at the Body Shop including their lip and hand products, you can check this link below. Hope it helps!

on 2/4/2015 4:01:00 PM

I am slightly disappointed with this. The texture and smell are gorgeous when the tub is first Opened. It actually feels like real butter as it has a hard consistency so it feels as though it's going to be nourishing. However once applied on the skin for me it develops a slightly false smell and tacky texture that feels synthetic. It sounds odd but it feels so natural and organic when It's first put on to the skin so I'm a bit disappointed :(. I probably won't repurchase as it doesn't really work at hydrating or moisturising my skin to be honest. It's a shame because it smells and initially feels great.

on 1/26/2015 1:13:00 AM

One word for it. LOVE! Buttery consistency, lovely smell, non-greasy, gets absorbed easily. Will definitely buy again.

on 12/27/2014 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I really love this body butter a lot! I love anything from The Body Shop, to be honest, but I have to say that the coconut body butter truly is amazing and definitely a classic! It does as a body butter should do, moisturize and leave your skin soft and supple with a slightly buttery smooth feel to it. It is amazing! It especially works its magic when you take a shower and then smooth it into your skin before bed. Then, you will wake up to luscious, hydrated skin that is truly irresistibly soft! And the smell is wonderful! It's soft, creamy, sweet and simple and it is definitely a staple that all of us girls should have! I personally love it! The only thing is the price which is way too expensive for my taste, but it is worth the money when used sparingly. Amazing product! Please go try it!

Love, love, love this body butter. Generally I find body butters too heavy for me, but this stuff is the perfect consistency. I haven't had a dry patch on my body since the day I started using this, which was about 8 months ago. It smells absolutely deivine and without fail someone comments on how good I smell at least once a day. Just a beautiful product. Even for the high price point at $30 CDN, it's worth it. I use it every single day sometimes twice a day and one 400 mL tub lasts me about 2.5 to 3 months. I also love the packaging because I can use up every single ounce since it comes in a tub and I can see when I'm running low on product. Not greasy, nicely absorbant. Leaves a lovely creamy feeling on the skin. It should be noted (and this is important) that not every scent smells the same on every person who wears it. Scents work with your body chemistry or they don't. If you can smell yourself all day, that's usually a sign that the scent you're wearing isn't working for you. You SHOULD NOT be able to smell yourself, or at least not in a strong way. I love the smell of coconut and luckily it works for me, but not everyone feels the same way. The Body Shop has a variety of body butters and for the most part, the texture is the same, so if Coconut isn't your thing, try one of the other gorgeous scents.

on 12/13/2014 9:13:00 PM

This is one of my top body butters for the following reasons:
1) It smells like the tropical coconut sunblock scent that we all know and love ( well, I'm assuming most of us love)
2) It is EXTREMELY thick and moisturizing, the thickest TBS body butter out there, but not super greasy!
3) The moisture lasts for a long long time
4) The scent lasts a long time too, I put it on before I go to sleep and I smell it on my sheets the next day. ( I don't put it on during the day before I go out because it clashes with my Angel perfume but it is nice to smell it on my bed, this could be a deal breaker for some)

For me, this is a total repurchase

Top Rated The Body Shop Products