November 25, 2014 | 1786 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Satsuma body lotion

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2012 4:44:00 PM More reviews by loriann52

This is one of my favourite scents of all time. It's a nice lotion, makes your skin soft enough. Next time I'll definitely be buying it in a body butter though, because I'm sure the scent will last much longer.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2012 10:54:00 PM More reviews by mdelaney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The smell of this lotion is Awesome and it's a decent moisturizer but after you apply this lotion and it drys into your skin, the smell disappears!? I mainly bought this lotion for the smell, therefore I will not buy it again seeing how the scent last no time once applied to the skin. Disappointing!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2012 1:37:00 AM More reviews by Leannne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I definitely love this scent, my favorite at the body shop. However, this lotion is REALLY light. It absorbs almost immediately and doesn't really feel like it moisturised much, because it absorbs too fast to even massage in. I prefer the body butter. It makes a nice hand cream though

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2011 11:49:00 AM More reviews by ohhotdayumn

So, I bought this on a whim one day when I was at the mall, and I couldn't stop thinking about how great it smelled.... in the bottle. The next day for school, I put some on my legs, and off I went. People around me kept saying things like, "Someone smells like beer..." and "Why does this area smell like alcohol?". That was when I realized it was me, well, the lotion. I have the shimmer version, so it gives my legs a nice sheen, and I'm not sure if that's why it smelled like alcohol, but I also have cranberry shimmer lotion and it smells amazing. Overall, I don't wear this often, but when I do, I bring the whole bottle with me so I can reapply it every few hours, because as the day goes on, it smells less and less like oranges, and more like cheap beer.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/3/2011 8:53:00 AM More reviews by turquoise89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i like the texture but i dont like the smell. Too strong and make me always feel like i am in a car that use citrus fragrance. No, i wont say i dont like the citrus scent at all, but satsuma has a strong one and i cannot bear it.

sorry for the review.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2011 11:42:00 AM More reviews by kirikadawn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

The scent is just unbelievable. As in so awful I was really shocked. I love citrus scents and when I got this on a whim, I thought this is so going to rock. But no.

In addition to the yucky chemical smell it actually stings and irritates my skin which is something no other lotion so far has managed to do (I don't have sensitive skin on my body, only face and hands are sensitive).

In general, so wouldn't recommend this and it really cooled my love for Body Shop.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2011 3:50:00 AM More reviews by athar212000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The perfect body moisturiser for a hot summer's day. I admit it is not very moisturising so those with dry skin may want to skip this. But on a sticky day, the uplifting fragrance of satsuma's lifts your spirits and refreshes you. The scent is quite strong so bear in mind you won't be able to wear another fragrance with this (they will clash) but I always get a lot of compliments on this so I don't need to use an EDT etc. If I had to use one it would be L'occitane's Orange Ribbon EDT, they would compliment each other perfectly!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2011 6:29:00 PM More reviews by gazelma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the smell, I guess my body chemistry goes well with this lotion. It doesn't smell bitter at all. Smells very citrusy, and very strong. I love it, personally! I like the packaging, I don't have to squeeze the bottle or anything. Moisturizes great. I give it a 3 on the price because I paid like $5 ... or even less than that for the lotion because of the boxing day sale here. I probably wouldn't buy it regular price because I'm a cheapskate and can get better lotion elsewhere, but I would splurge once in a while or I wouldn't bat an eyelash to buying it on sale if given the opportunity!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2011 2:45:00 PM More reviews by abby2097

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this product as a secret santa gift but in the little jars. I mean i like it and all but i just hate the smell and it makes your hands all greasy. It was really expensive it was like $20.00 for the tiny little thing. but i guess i would recommend it if you like satsuma and expensive things

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2010 3:28:00 AM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought a Satsuma set with body lotion, hand wash and a contemporary looking holder for the bathroom. I am an easy mark for anything TBS Satsuma, because I am addicted to this scent. I am completely on a "orange", citrus, scent kick of any product type ~ I even bought orange scented household cleaners.

I really like this hand lotion ~ It moisturizers well, and the scent is long lasting. $12.50 for 8 oz. is way too expensive for me to keep this in my beauty regime on a on-going basis. I have been using this lotion in combination with the new Nivea Happy Sensation body lotion to extend the life of TBS lotion. It's doubtful that I can keep purchasing this ~ I will stick to the body butter instead.