December 18, 2014 | 1583 users online

Powder - E.L.F. - High Definition Powder - Sheer

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2014 10:20:00 AM More reviews by jocox88

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just received this two days ago -- I'll compare it to It Cosmetics expensive No More Pores powder because it feels exactly the same. I have used it now for 2 days and no irritation, breakouts, etc. I got this during ELF's buy one get one free event -- SO CHEAP! Love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2014 2:35:00 PM More reviews by heatherstanley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love how this feels on my skin. The packaging is too big to travel with. You have to be so careful because it can get messy. I use this to set my concealer every morning. It's an amazing product for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2014 1:14:00 PM More reviews by dannydiaz20

Works awesome for setting product. The container is clunky but if you are at home no big deal.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2014 1:37:00 PM More reviews by Sammy311

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The best finishing powder on the market. I intend to buy several more as back-ups in case it is ever discontinued. I hate the packaging--it is sooo clunky--but I simply transfer the powder to a different container. There is NO NEED to buy expensive finishing powders with this product readily available. Did I mention that it's cheap, too? I guess that is self-evident because it is an ELF product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2014 5:54:00 PM More reviews by mscourty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a holy grail product for me too.
It's SO cheap, and works SO well. I use it after putting on foundation, highlight/contour, and blusher to set it. It works amazingly, giving a slight matte finish.
Considering the price, I would recommend just giving it a go.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2014 11:47:00 AM More reviews by libbyfranc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

(I realize I've been using lippies the wrong way XD lol. I thoght 5 lippies meant good price, not expensive. oops! :D).

I like to use this powder over my Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream. It's very lightweight, sheer, has a nice soft feel to it (super lightweight on my face). I don't use the puff with it (I never like the little puffs that come with makeup), so I apply this using a kabuki brush. You have to be careful not to overdo it, as it can get powdery if you put on too much, A little bit goes a long way! This does give my face an airbrushed finish, and helps hide some of my pores and acne scars. :) Very affordable at about $6 (at Target). I love how professional the packaging looks- it has the look of a more expensive product. :) And I love that it screws on so that powder does not fall out everywhere, lol. It has decent staying powder, didn't really have to touch it up after wearing it a few hours. Best of all, it did not cause a breakout (I have acne prone skin, so a lot of products break me out usually). The only thing I take a lippy off for is that I wish the container was a little smaller- it's a little too big for putting in my makeup bag to travel with. But overall, I like this product and would purcase it again. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2014 1:58:00 AM More reviews by Banjos

This is one time E.L.F. has vastly improved their track record of problematic packaging. This loose powder has a screw-on cap. The jar is square-ish and chic black. The powder is truly sheer and mattes well. I left half of the plastic over the sifter holes which allows enough product to come out but helps control the messy factor. This seems comparable to NYX's high definition powder at a much better price ($6 at Target). EDIT: Upon closer observation I notice this does have a subtle sparkle which is probably a characteristic of mica. Not a problem except in direct sun when it definitely shows up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2014 7:51:00 AM More reviews by Mel_C

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really love this powder, its just as good as the more expensive HD powders out there. The only reason its getting 4 lippies instead of 5 is due to the packaging. I hate that the jar doesn't close fully. I can't travel with it without making a mess unless I tape the holes in the sifter. Even daily use causes a loss of product along bottom rim. I don't understand why they can't use a sifter jar that closes fully.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 4:17:00 PM More reviews by bebe3003

I really like this powder it really does what it says and refines pores and wrinkles and is HD ready, this isn't how ever for dry skin this can be used on darker skin, just need to be lightly dusted not pressed on. I love it, compare to makeup forever HD powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2014 10:59:00 AM More reviews by Dgast4484

i can't believe there aren't any reviews on this yet. i've only just bought this over the weekend, but WOW! Softens features & imperfections (especially for the camera)

Little is more with this product. If you put too much on, it will leave a white cast on you. Packaging isn't the best and its a bit messy. I've been applying with my E.L.F studio powder brush.

If you are dark skinned toned, this may not be the right shade for you. (they also offer in yellow & "shimmer"((which is a pale pink/beige with giltter))