E.L.F. High Definition Powder - Sheer

4.3

Dimethicone/Vinyl, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silca

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I've been using this powder for as long as I can remember, I think this is my 4th or 5th one that I'm using. It is not a sheer product like the name. This product has coverage. It's a light beige color. This is not a very fine translucent powder it will look cakey on the skin if you apply too much. This can get heavy and streaky when you use it with the puff that it comes with. I take the puff out when I get a brand new one. I tap off some of the powder into the lid part. Then I take a regular powder brush and load some powder on it and tap off the excess. I use a light layer of this on my face on top of foundation because if I use too much it can look too pink and it sort of just sits on my skin and looks unnatural. So I've found out that less is more with this powder. It does keep me matte for about 6 hours after that I have to retouch my face. Its ok for the most part it does its job. I'm not a fan of the packaging its way too bulky for the amount you get which is .35oz/10g. Its not very travel friendly its big but its sturdy I'll give it that. It won't spill because it has a screw on lid. If I lost this or ran out I think I would repurchase it. I would recommend this product if you want a powder with some coverage that's not very heavy on the skin. I would recommend to use with a brush because it gives a better finish.

I am stunned that everyone likes this powder! First of all, it shreds my primer right off my face I AND I MEANS SHREDS!! My other powders NEVER did this. It also shreds my foundation off. What the heck is in this stuff?

Second, the mess is ridiculous!! It's virtually impossible to put this on a brush or puff without having the powder fly everywhere. It's all over the container and on my vanity. I was super careful in using only the tiniest amounts too.

As far as I'm concerned. ELF created a disaster with this product, and it's going right back to Target for a refund. TERRIBLE!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is the perfect mattifying powder! It creates a soft look to the fact without looking too cakey. I will repurchase this again and again. You get so much product for $6

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I've been trying to stray away from using pressed powders/foundation and just stick with translucent powders and concealer, because too much face makeup dries out my skin immensely. I wanted to try ELF's powder first, since it's a great price, and I love ELF products. I'm so glad I tried this first, because I'm basically set with this.
This is such a great and affordable powder! It's very soft, it blends into the skin so nicely that it honestly does look like you're wearing at least a BB cream. I paired it with and without a setting spray, and my skin looks smooth and nice all day. There's no harsh fragrance (or any fragrance for that matter), and it blends well with a face brush, or if you decide to use the powder puff that comes with it.
This product can be a little drying, though, so if you have dry skin like me, make sure you slap on some good moisturizer before putting this one. I would definitely buy this again, and I plan on it!

I'm a little bit confused with its name because some said sheer is pinkish, and this powder's name is "clear" but still everyone call it "sheer".

Ok, first, I have no comment about the price since it was a gift. The package has a luxury appearance but only good to showcase on the makeup desk, not in lady's purse since it's too big. The powder is well packed under a plastic tray which stick out a sufficient amount on the fluffy cotton pad to pat on the face without feeling cakey. Coverage is superb, I rarely use concealer/foundation but only a light moisturizer then this one, and it gives me kind of a natural flawless look.
If you have a very oily face, I highly recommend this one, it absorbs the oil on the T-zone and keep it shine-less all day. You can also use it as a finished touch after all the makeup steps.

This stuff is wonderful. It's very economical (you get a lot of product for under $10), it comes in a great sifter container with a screw on lid AND it's big enough to nicely swirl a powder brush around in. I'd like to say that it's comparable to the MUFE HD powder, but since trying the ELF, the ELF's even better. With the MUFE, I was having to retouch my t-zone 2-3 per day. With the ELF, I apply in the morning, with one touch-up after lunch, and my face stays reasonably matte all day. You only need a very light dusting of the powder, so a container lasts quite a while. This product is definitely worth checking out. It's also cheap enough that I can afford to buy multiples and leave one at work, one at home, etc, without having to cart it around in my purse everywhere, because buying multiples is so costly. A definite keeper!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had several photoshoots I had to do for an event recently and so I decided to give this a test run. From what I've seen of the photos (and from wearing every now and then during the day) this powder did not disappoint. Got rid of shine/oily issues on my forehead, cheeks, and nose, added to the smooth silky feel that other e.l.f. products gave me and overall just helped smooth out my features. I'm really happy with this product, since I was dreading getting oily faced images back after shooting.
Only issue: the packaging. It's cute, I'll give it that, but ridiculously bulky. It took up so much room in my makeup bag when I traveled, and I was saddened I could not put it in my purse to just do a touch up before a shoot (used a different e.l.f. product instead). Also the way you get powder on the puff is a little awkward, but I guess it helps give you just enough instead of too much.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love the texture of this powder. It is almost the same as the Makeup Forever HD Definition Powder which I've got. When I tried it on my hand, I fell in love with it.

Alas, it didn't do justice for me. I usually powder my face with a brush after applying BB Cream. And it just gives me that beautiful matte glowy skin. However, using the same technique with this powder doesn't cut it. It just flakes on my skin upon application. Initially, I thought it was because I was using a brush, so I tried using the Puff that came with it. It ended with the same result, flakes on my face.

I am disappointed by the results after reading all the hype about it but I suppose, it's probably just me seeing that everyone else gets great results from it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I was really surprised by product .....for the price you get ALOT of powder and it's so silky smooth and doesn't settle into my pores like most loose powders do! The only thing, I despise the HUGE container it's in....it's very messy and I seem to loose some powder every time I open it. I dont like the square packaging at all. Also....I just read some reviews on here about this powder in yellow correcting color!!! Hope I can find some of that soon to try! That would be perfect. I would buy this again, but I'm hoping they will change the chunky packaging on it.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I just received this two days ago -- I'll compare it to It Cosmetics expensive No More Pores powder because it feels exactly the same. I have used it now for 2 days and no irritation, breakouts, etc. I got this during ELF's buy one get one free event -- SO CHEAP! Love it.