E.L.F. High Definition Powder - Sheer

4.4

Dimethicone/Vinyl, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silca

on 6/17/2015 6:22:00 PM

I'm a little bit confused with its name because some said sheer is pinkish, and this powder's name is "clear" but still everyone call it "sheer".

Ok, first, I have no comment about the price since it was a gift. The package has a luxury appearance but only good to showcase on the makeup desk, not in lady's purse since it's too big. The powder is well packed under a plastic tray which stick out a sufficient amount on the fluffy cotton pad to pat on the face without feeling cakey. Coverage is superb, I rarely use concealer/foundation but only a light moisturizer then this one, and it gives me kind of a natural flawless look.
If you have a very oily face, I highly recommend this one, it absorbs the oil on the T-zone and keep it shine-less all day. You can also use it as a finished touch after all the makeup steps.

on 6/1/2015 5:34:00 PM

This stuff is wonderful. It's very economical (you get a lot of product for under $10), it comes in a great sifter container with a screw on lid AND it's big enough to nicely swirl a powder brush around in. I'd like to say that it's comparable to the MUFE HD powder, but since trying the ELF, the ELF's even better. With the MUFE, I was having to retouch my t-zone 2-3 per day. With the ELF, I apply in the morning, with one touch-up after lunch, and my face stays reasonably matte all day. You only need a very light dusting of the powder, so a container lasts quite a while. This product is definitely worth checking out. It's also cheap enough that I can afford to buy multiples and leave one at work, one at home, etc, without having to cart it around in my purse everywhere, because buying multiples is so costly. A definite keeper!

on 2/25/2015 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had several photoshoots I had to do for an event recently and so I decided to give this a test run. From what I've seen of the photos (and from wearing every now and then during the day) this powder did not disappoint. Got rid of shine/oily issues on my forehead, cheeks, and nose, added to the smooth silky feel that other e.l.f. products gave me and overall just helped smooth out my features. I'm really happy with this product, since I was dreading getting oily faced images back after shooting.
Only issue: the packaging. It's cute, I'll give it that, but ridiculously bulky. It took up so much room in my makeup bag when I traveled, and I was saddened I could not put it in my purse to just do a touch up before a shoot (used a different e.l.f. product instead). Also the way you get powder on the puff is a little awkward, but I guess it helps give you just enough instead of too much.

on 2/10/2015 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love the texture of this powder. It is almost the same as the Makeup Forever HD Definition Powder which I've got. When I tried it on my hand, I fell in love with it.

Alas, it didn't do justice for me. I usually powder my face with a brush after applying BB Cream. And it just gives me that beautiful matte glowy skin. However, using the same technique with this powder doesn't cut it. It just flakes on my skin upon application. Initially, I thought it was because I was using a brush, so I tried using the Puff that came with it. It ended with the same result, flakes on my face.

I am disappointed by the results after reading all the hype about it but I suppose, it's probably just me seeing that everyone else gets great results from it.

on 2/1/2015 7:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I was really surprised by product .....for the price you get ALOT of powder and it's so silky smooth and doesn't settle into my pores like most loose powders do! The only thing, I despise the HUGE container it's in....it's very messy and I seem to loose some powder every time I open it. I dont like the square packaging at all. Also....I just read some reviews on here about this powder in yellow correcting color!!! Hope I can find some of that soon to try! That would be perfect. I would buy this again, but I'm hoping they will change the chunky packaging on it.

on 12/12/2014 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I just received this two days ago -- I'll compare it to It Cosmetics expensive No More Pores powder because it feels exactly the same. I have used it now for 2 days and no irritation, breakouts, etc. I got this during ELF's buy one get one free event -- SO CHEAP! Love it.

I love how this feels on my skin. The packaging is too big to travel with. You have to be so careful because it can get messy. I use this to set my concealer every morning. It's an amazing product for the price.

on 8/19/2014 1:14:00 PM

Works awesome for setting product. The container is clunky but if you are at home no big deal.

on 8/16/2014 1:37:00 PM

The best finishing powder on the market. I intend to buy several more as back-ups in case it is ever discontinued. I hate the packaging--it is sooo clunky--but I simply transfer the powder to a different container. There is NO NEED to buy expensive finishing powders with this product readily available. Did I mention that it's cheap, too? I guess that is self-evident because it is an ELF product.

on 8/14/2014 5:54:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

This is a holy grail product for me too.
It's SO cheap, and works SO well. I use it after putting on foundation, highlight/contour, and blusher to set it. It works amazingly, giving a slight matte finish.
Considering the price, I would recommend just giving it a go.