E.L.F. High Definition Powder - Sheer

4.4

Dimethicone/Vinyl, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silca

on 2/25/2015 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had several photoshoots I had to do for an event recently and so I decided to give this a test run. From what I've seen of the photos (and from wearing every now and then during the day) this powder did not disappoint. Got rid of shine/oily issues on my forehead, cheeks, and nose, added to the smooth silky feel that other e.l.f. products gave me and overall just helped smooth out my features. I'm really happy with this product, since I was dreading getting oily faced images back after shooting.
Only issue: the packaging. It's cute, I'll give it that, but ridiculously bulky. It took up so much room in my makeup bag when I traveled, and I was saddened I could not put it in my purse to just do a touch up before a shoot (used a different e.l.f. product instead). Also the way you get powder on the puff is a little awkward, but I guess it helps give you just enough instead of too much.

on 2/10/2015 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love the texture of this powder. It is almost the same as the Makeup Forever HD Definition Powder which I've got. When I tried it on my hand, I fell in love with it.

Alas, it didn't do justice for me. I usually powder my face with a brush after applying BB Cream. And it just gives me that beautiful matte glowy skin. However, using the same technique with this powder doesn't cut it. It just flakes on my skin upon application. Initially, I thought it was because I was using a brush, so I tried using the Puff that came with it. It ended with the same result, flakes on my face.

I am disappointed by the results after reading all the hype about it but I suppose, it's probably just me seeing that everyone else gets great results from it.

on 2/1/2015 7:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I was really surprised by product .....for the price you get ALOT of powder and it's so silky smooth and doesn't settle into my pores like most loose powders do! The only thing, I despise the HUGE container it's in....it's very messy and I seem to loose some powder every time I open it. I dont like the square packaging at all. Also....I just read some reviews on here about this powder in yellow correcting color!!! Hope I can find some of that soon to try! That would be perfect. I would buy this again, but I'm hoping they will change the chunky packaging on it.

on 12/12/2014 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I just received this two days ago -- I'll compare it to It Cosmetics expensive No More Pores powder because it feels exactly the same. I have used it now for 2 days and no irritation, breakouts, etc. I got this during ELF's buy one get one free event -- SO CHEAP! Love it.

I love how this feels on my skin. The packaging is too big to travel with. You have to be so careful because it can get messy. I use this to set my concealer every morning. It's an amazing product for the price.

on 8/19/2014 1:14:00 PM

Works awesome for setting product. The container is clunky but if you are at home no big deal.

on 8/16/2014 1:37:00 PM

The best finishing powder on the market. I intend to buy several more as back-ups in case it is ever discontinued. I hate the packaging--it is sooo clunky--but I simply transfer the powder to a different container. There is NO NEED to buy expensive finishing powders with this product readily available. Did I mention that it's cheap, too? I guess that is self-evident because it is an ELF product.

on 8/14/2014 5:54:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

This is a holy grail product for me too.
It's SO cheap, and works SO well. I use it after putting on foundation, highlight/contour, and blusher to set it. It works amazingly, giving a slight matte finish.
Considering the price, I would recommend just giving it a go.

on 7/27/2014 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

(I realize I've been using lippies the wrong way XD lol. I thoght 5 lippies meant good price, not expensive. oops! :D).

I like to use this powder over my Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream. It's very lightweight, sheer, has a nice soft feel to it (super lightweight on my face). I don't use the puff with it (I never like the little puffs that come with makeup), so I apply this using a kabuki brush. You have to be careful not to overdo it, as it can get powdery if you put on too much, A little bit goes a long way! This does give my face an airbrushed finish, and helps hide some of my pores and acne scars. :) Very affordable at about $6 (at Target). I love how professional the packaging looks- it has the look of a more expensive product. :) And I love that it screws on so that powder does not fall out everywhere, lol. It has decent staying powder, didn't really have to touch it up after wearing it a few hours. Best of all, it did not cause a breakout (I have acne prone skin, so a lot of products break me out usually). The only thing I take a lippy off for is that I wish the container was a little smaller- it's a little too big for putting in my makeup bag to travel with. But overall, I like this product and would purcase it again. :)

on 7/18/2014 1:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is one time E.L.F. has vastly improved their track record of problematic packaging. This loose powder has a screw-on cap. The jar is square-ish and chic black. The powder is truly sheer and mattes well. I left half of the plastic over the sifter holes which allows enough product to come out but helps control the messy factor. This seems comparable to NYX's high definition powder at a much better price ($6 at Target). EDIT: Upon closer observation I notice this does have a subtle sparkle which is probably a characteristic of mica. Not a problem except in direct sun when it definitely shows up.