Kat Von D Everlasting Love Liquid Lipstick in A Go Go

on 7/13/2015 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Boy, is this ORANGE! I mean reaaaally orange. Like shocking neon orange. And for that, I adore it.
I've tried a multitude of orange lipsticks over the past few months (even the KVD Studded Kiss in the same shade) and none of them really packed the punch that I so desperately wanted. I had tried on this shade in the Everlasting Love range a little while back, and honestly, I put it back on the shelf because I thought it was too scary of a shade. But then I decided that's just crap and bought it anyway when I went to go buy Bauhau5. Glad I did.
This formula is consistent with the rest of the range, but because it's so bright, it does require a little work to not look streaky. But once it's smoothed out, it really looks great and continues to look great for hours and hours. (By comparison, the Sephora liquid lipstick in Mandarin Muse is a quite pretty orange, but it's not as bright, and within a couple hours, can start to look clumpy and weird around the inner rip of my lips. Not cute.) It's not drying, but not hydrating, and it wears comfortably until I finally decide to remove it (usually with coconut oil).
I love wearing this shade with either a stark black winged liner, or with a fun cobalt blue liner to give that interesting contrast. Otherwise, I keep the eyes simple instead of smokey so the lips may speak for themselves.
The packaging of the Everlasting Love line is great. It's sturdy, attractive, and the doefoot applicator is plush and easy to work with to get a precise application.
It's $20, which is consistent with the price of other high-end liquid lipsticks. But with a shade this unique, you'd be hard-pressed to find a quality dupe on the high street. I'd say splash out on this and have fun!

on 5/6/2015 8:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Let's start with the fact that I love orange lipsticks for spring and summer. So when I bought this I tried my best to ignore the expensive price tag but justified it with my need for a matte longwearing lipstick. When I tried it on at my house it was neon orange. I kinda got over that but the application was so tough for me. It would dry in miliseconds before I was even done applying it. I figured out a technique to not press my lips after applying the bottom layer and working as fast as a can. It lasted a while which was great but it was a bit too dry and that whole mission to put it on turned me off. Def won't get any other lippies from this brand

on 4/19/2015 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

So I loved this color in the store, I'm all about bright..but my lord this was so drying and patchy. Not worth it! Ill have to get my neon orange fix elsewhere. My lips feel like cracked plaster.

on 10/9/2014 8:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Wow, this is orange. I bought it in Sephora without trying it on because I'm scared of catching Ebola from their testers. I'm PPP with blue eyes and dark brown hair. I don't know if this looks good on me but I'm going to rock it anyway because I paid $19. Besides the bright orange shade, here's what I liked about it. The color was easy to apply. A little goes a long way. Once it dries, it doesn't budge for hours. It can feel a little drying on the lips but I don't wear lipstick that often and I didn't have any real discomfort. I loved the matte finish. I wish the colors in this collection were more wearable. I looked at the more neutral shades at Sephora and they were either too brown or too dark for me to pull off so I bought the orange because it was beautiful.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is not for the faint of heart orange. The kind of orange that you can see a mile away, but because it's matte it's somehow more wearable. So just be sure that you love orange and are willing to get bold with it.

Recommended for Medium Skin