Up & Up Dip-It Nail Polish Remover

on 5/18/2015 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I credit G of Nouveau Cheap for pointing me in the direction of this gem. The space on the shelf of my local Target for this nail polish remover is often empty but the vast majority of the time, the price checker station indicates there are more in the warehouse. I take it as a sign of the product's popularity and effectiveness. I have gotten friends to buy it, too. It really does make removing stubborn glitter, shimmer, and other textured polishes a breeze to remove. While I do refill with the Target brand acetone, I have had to replace the jar several times because I've broken the bristles maybe after nearly a year of use. I only wish they could somehow make a version we could use for our toes....

on 5/3/2015 7:51:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

this little $2.50 jug of acetone is utter gold. stubborn colors likely to stain your cuticles when you try and wipe it off? rock hard glitter that will etch the surface of your nails when you scrub to get rid of it? pfffft!! no trouble at all. opening the very well-sealed screw cap (which, btw, closes again well enough to not leak during travel) reveals a circular nest of pink plastic bristles around a central chamber of acetone. dunk one finger in at a time, let it sit for a few seconds, then rub the nail up & down against the bristles. poof, paint be gone, including the chunkiest and most stubborn of glitter. you'll just need to moisturize heavily, like you would any time you're using straight acetone. super bonus: when the liquid turns black from all the vampy polish you've dissolved into it, dump that stuff out and refill with your own acetone. i've been using mine for over a year now with several acetone change-outs and NO deterioration in the bristles. magic.

on 9/17/2014 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is perfect!! In the past I had used the little jars of polish remover that had a sponge with a hole in the middle of it. One glittery mani would tear the little sponge up and basically render it useless. Enter Up & Up Dip-It! Inside the tub is a soft bristled plastic brush surrounded by acetone that removes every trace of polish in record time. Glitters, darks, multiple thick coats of polish just come right off. Some of my denser glitters do take a little scrubbing action to remove, but it is by far easier and less time consuming than any other method I have ever tried. It does contain an acetone remover which is harsher and more drying than a non-acetone remover, but you could always dump out the acetone and replace it with whatever remover you prefer. I highly recommend this to EVERYONE who paints his/her nails!

on 6/26/2014 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'd heard about this product online and how much better it was because of the soft plastic bristles inside (instead of foam). It was so cheap I had to try it for myself. It really works great! I don't even have to be paying attention while I'm using this - I can watch TV or read a book. Also, you can just refill this jar with more remover when you start running out. One thing that should be mentioned - this is ACETONE, not gentle, moisturizing remover. I don't mind because I oil up my nails and cuticles every night, but this can be drying for some.
Love this little guy!

on 6/16/2014 9:18:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

YES! YES! YES! This stuff takes off all polish, lickety-split! Thank you inner nuby-nubs and Target. See-ya, yesterday's glitter polish!!

on 5/27/2014 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I reeeeaaaaaally like this nail polish remover.
First off, the packaging is amazing. Instead of a bottle from which you would pour the liquid, it's a tub with a plastic brush-like interior into which you dip your finger and scrub up and down against the bristles. And this is the trick, I think, to using it properly, as twisting your finger won't really yield any notable results. But if used properly, this stuff is incredible. True, it looks like the Sarlacc in Return of the Jedi, but it works like a dream. Just make sure to have it on a solid surface and keep your face away when puncturing the plastic film upon first opening it.
It makes mince meat out of glitter polishes and glue-on nails like nothing else. Seriously. I've never been able to remove glitter polishes and artificial nails this easily. It really makes my nail-doin' time much shorter and more enjoyable.
Price-wise, it's crazy cheap. Because it's Target's house brand. Woo!
I will DEFINITELY repurchase this.

Popular Treatments