Dove Pistachio Cream Beauty Bar with Magnolia Scent

I absolutely love this soap! It's so creamy and it feels amazing on the skin. It doesnt leave that dry, tight feeling that other soaps leave. The formulation is literally like butter, although not as soft as dove winterskin. For sooo long I was only using winterskin bc I didn't like the scents of other soaps as much. I was unable to find it and I bought an exfoliating dove soap and it didn't leave my skin nearly as moisturized and it didn't smell as good. I picked up this pistachio one in the store and smelled it through the box and fell in love. I don't know how to describe it because it smells more like a sweet treat as opposed to the "real food" smell of pistachios. Like pistachio butter with lots of sugar, or pistachio ice cream! I love it though because it's not sickly sweet like sugar cookie or cupcake scented things. It still smells like nutty and buttery, not like straight up sugar. It has a very light fresh/clean scent too, very distinct and compliments the pistachio. I love the way it smells and feels on my skin and i didn't have to use a body lotion after showers the whole summer! I'll probably go back to winter skin for the dry seasons but man oh man, i would definitely rebuy this come spring. It's a pretty good value too, they come in big packs!

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

When I came across the reviews for this on here, I was immediately intrigued... after having used the Purely Pampering Pistachio Cream & Magnolia body wash exclusively for literally two years straight now, I wanted to switch it up but at the same time didn't want to lose the scent and formula I've grown to love. Seeing such good reviews on here spurred me to purchase the bar soap version of this product the most recent time I ran out of what I'd been using.

When I read the reviews, I didn't understand what was meant when people said that this scent is more buttery... I was thinking, did they mean the formulation? Or what? But when I took this out of the box and sniffed it I was blown away. I can still detect the nuttiness of the pistachio, and the floral notes from the magnolia.

But this soap DOES smell like butter... a sweet butter. I found myself wanting to eat it for a minute, which I like... I love product scents that make me want to take a bite/lick/etc. All for the foody smells. I know this sounds SO strange. Because typically when you think of gourmand scents you think of vanilla, chocolate, maple, and other sugary options... not butter. And I don't really think I'm selling this very well but MAN this stuff is heavenly. I wouldn't say that I like it any better or less than the body wash version... I like them equally, but they do smell a bit different (although you can still tell they belong to the same line.)

This soap preforms well too, just as well as the body wash. My body feels very clean and extremely moisturized when I get out of the shower. The bar of soap is a mint green color, which doesn't really matter but I enjoy it anyhow. I purchased this at WalMart and got 6 bars of soap for five bucks.

I won't repurchase this again simply because Dove is not a cruelty-free brand. Unfortunate, because I really love their products.

HEAVEN in a bar. This isn't quite same smell as cream wash version - bar is much more buttery, almost pure butter scent with light floral top. Rich, moisturizing, but never greasy, and never irritating to skin. Love it! Wish they'd make a lotion. Haven't seen the oil version reviewed here, sadly. It is a little hard to find this, so I've stocked up.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Heavenly scent.
I love this scent sooo much.
I prefer the body wash over this by far but that is only out of personal preference.
They both smell so good.
Wish there was a matching lotion and spray I would use it every night before bed.

My favorite soap and body washes are Dove products. We have hard water and these rinse clean without leaving a sticky film on my skin. Very moisturizing and the pistachio magnolia is a unique, creamy scent that isn't overpowering. I traded my Dove shea butter bar for this. Nothing out there like it. Highly recommend.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

It's luxurious. End of story.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Ooooh! I LOVE this soap! We are a bar soap family so I am always trying out something new. I love the magnolia scent! I love just catching a whiff of it anytime I am in the bathroom it smells so wonderful!
It lathers up very nicely and gives good moisture.
Will repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I think this Dove bar is my new favorite. It lathers up more than the original or any in the Go Fresh line...more like the Winter Care or the the one with shea butter (or any in the Purely Pampering line). It has a rich lather and a heavier scent, which I really like in a bar soap. I hope they keep this one around.