Ecotools Eye Enhancing Duo Brush Set

4.8

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

This set is perfect for my upcoming travel. It is four brushes in two. To be honest I mainly bought it for the blending side; because I needed a brush like this to perfect my eye looks.
For $7 you get great value; EcoTools makes great quality brushes. I have never experienced shedding or breakage with their face or eye brushes, and they are pretty soft as well. You should never pay $30 for a single synthetic eye brush, that is ridiculous.
So far I am loving this eye set.

on 4/30/2015 4:56:00 PM

I have about 3 of these sets, and love them to pieces. Extremely soft, gets the job done, and I use them every time that I apply eyeshadow. The smudge end is a great tool for getting in the inner corner as well as smudging out liner; the shadow end is great for packing on color and doing a little bit of blending; the crease end is perfect for applying and blending my crease color seamlessly; the liner brush is perfect for me, since I prefer to use eyeshadows as liner, both on the top and bottom lash line.

All in all, amazing product. A SA at Ulta recommended this to me as my first eye brush set, and I can see why: no matter what eyeshadow I use, these always make application a dream, and with minimal fallout to boot!

on 4/13/2015 6:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

omg love love love! just started using these a few days ago and I prefer these over my MAC .... The angled brush is perfect for eyebrows...The blending brush is soft & works a dream ... There is also a shadow base brush is brilliant for packing on colour and the pencil type brush is great for getting into the crease or into the tear duct overall these cost me £5 from superdrug on offer and honestly some of the best brushes I have bought... ideal for beginners too! also the quality is awesome for the price .....defo recommend ... you can do pretty much any eye look with these including eyebrows!

on 3/13/2015 6:21:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm SE-Asian with slightly hooded lids. My lid area isn't big and since I'm not masterful in MU (I also rarely wear eye makeup except for mascara, and eyeliner to a lesser degree), I'm still struggling a bit to make my eye makeup looks nice. Still, eye makeup tools are not my priority, so I never spend too much money on them.

When I first saw these brushes, I was skeptical. I didn't think the blending brush would be good for my eye types. Then I saw one of the tutorials that made me think these may work on me. And for the price, I've barely got nothing to lose. If it doesn't work for me, my big cat-eyed sister would be happy to get these.

I've only used these for a full eye-makeup look twice, but they both turned out pretty amazing given my lack of experience. The brushes are easy to use for a beginner, they're soft and don't scratch my eyes (the skin are pretty sensitive) and the pouch is a nice touch. Granted, I haven't tried the angled eyeliner one, since I'm still in love with the Essence one (it's shorter and smaller, I get more control with it).
Other than those abovementioned brushes, I only need a cheapie HEMA small eyebrush (it's like a slimmer smaller MAC 217 and perfect for inner corner and outer-V) and Catrice Smokey Eyes Brush to create a full eye look.

The only thing I don't like about these brushes are the dual-ended design. I'd rather have 4 separate brushes that I can just throw into the brush jar, rather than having to carefully put them back into the pouch each time.

on 3/6/2015 1:06:00 AM

I was on the search for some new makeup brushes so I bought these because I heard good things about them while I've also always had good experiences with Ecotools. Overall, I really like them. They get the job done. The one I find I like the best is the blending brush end. Really, the only complaint I have is I don't like owning dual ended brushes because of the way I store my brushes however, that's only a minor issue and personal preference. I would definitely recommend these. They work great and are awesome brushes for the low price!

on 1/19/2015 2:21:00 PM

Reeeeally good brushes, and so cheap! I paid 6.99 for this set, in which you get two double ended brushes, so that works out at 1.75 a brush, which is mega cheap (I also got them on a Boots points offer so I got about 56 points too!)
The first brush has a "shade" and a "define" on it, the shading brush is a standard sized eyeshadow brush which can be used for packing on a lot of colour or putting on a light wash, it picks up the shadow well. The defining brush is a small slanted eyeliner brush, which is big enough to make the job easy but is small enough for my wee eyes.
The second brush has a "smudge" and a "blend," the smudge is a short tightly packed brush which for small eyes is a bit big, I've been using it for inner corners and smaller detailed application and it works really well for that. The blending brush is really good, it blends well without picking up too much of the colour.
All of the brushes are really soft, I've got sensitive skin and some cheaper brushes irritate my eyes (especially if I'm blending) but these are lovely and gentle, I've not had a problem.
They've got a lovely bamboo handle in the middle, which gives them a nice sort of "artists paintbrush" feel, and as the name "Ecotools" implies, the brushes are cruelty free and the metal part at the brush is recycled.
The only thing that's a bit of a pain is the double-ended thing, I'd have much preferred 4 separate brushes. I think most people store brushes the same way as me, upright in a container, which you obviously can't do with these, so I've got them in the pouch they came with at the moment. The pouch is quite narrow so to get the brushes out you have to kind of squeeze them up, and I think if I keep doing that or pulling them out by the bristles I'm going to ruin them, so I'm going to make a cut down the side of the pouch so I can get them out a bit easier. So that is a bit of a nuisance, but they're such nice brushes and so so cheap, I'm not even going to take a lippie off for that!

on 12/16/2014 4:45:00 PM

This set is a money saver. I enjoyed this brands other products, so buying this was a no brainer. Works just as well as the single brushes. The only con I have is how to store them with out ruining the brushes. Maybe a larger makeup brush roll(that has bands in the middle rather than the roll I have that has pockets.)

on 12/11/2014 12:51:00 PM

After hearing so many good things about this brand I decided to go to wal mart and buy myself some eco tools and I wasn't sue about these double ended ones but I do like them. If you love brushes go and get yourself some Ecotools they are so cheap and very good quality. I have many clinique brushes and have also had many sephora brush sets for reference purposes. I also love the real techniques brushes.

on 12/5/2014 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I discovered this set by watching the Emily Noel review on it and after watching the Katelyn Galloway tutorial on smokey eyes using only this set, I was convinced, I decided to give it a try as I'm always looking for good affordable brushes and I bought it a couple of days ago. It costed 10 CAD (canadian dollars), a great price for 4 brushes. The Ecotools products are affordable and easy to find.
I'm very happy with this purchase, the brushes are synthetic, they are very soft, as soft as the Real Techniques ones that I own, and softer than some of the Sonia Kashuk brushes that I own too, I have sensitive skin so this "softness" issue is important for me.
The set is very complete, the only brush missing would be a blending brush, all the other brushes you really need for eyes come in this duo-set.
For storage, it can be a little bit tricky as this brushes have a double end, I use the Real techniques holder that comes with the RT sets, or you could store them in the envelope that they come in.
I was thinking of giving this set as a gift for my friends who have no makeup brushes at all. They would have almost all they need for eyes with this little gem.

This is the Katelyn Galloway tutorial using only this set:

This is the Emily Noel review:

on 5/26/2014 9:08:00 AM

This little brush set is great for creating beautiful eyeshadow applications. Two brushes are double-sided giving four different brush shapes. These brushes can do just about anything I would want to do with my eyeshadow, and they offer good control in a compact size. They come in a little plastic envelope that is useful for traveling. These meet my needs perfectly.

Popular Makeup Brushes