January 31, 2015 | 935 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - Eye Enhancing Duo Brush Set

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2015 2:21:00 PM More reviews by Eyelid91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Reeeeally good brushes, and so cheap! I paid 6.99 for this set, in which you get two double ended brushes, so that works out at 1.75 a brush, which is mega cheap (I also got them on a Boots points offer so I got about 56 points too!)
The first brush has a "shade" and a "define" on it, the shading brush is a standard sized eyeshadow brush which can be used for packing on a lot of colour or putting on a light wash, it picks up the shadow well. The defining brush is a small slanted eyeliner brush, which is big enough to make the job easy but is small enough for my wee eyes.
The second brush has a "smudge" and a "blend," the smudge is a short tightly packed brush which for small eyes is a bit big, I've been using it for inner corners and smaller detailed application and it works really well for that. The blending brush is really good, it blends well without picking up too much of the colour.
All of the brushes are really soft, I've got sensitive skin and some cheaper brushes irritate my eyes (especially if I'm blending) but these are lovely and gentle, I've not had a problem.
They've got a lovely bamboo handle in the middle, which gives them a nice sort of "artists paintbrush" feel, and as the name "Ecotools" implies, the brushes are cruelty free and the metal part at the brush is recycled.
The only thing that's a bit of a pain is the double-ended thing, I'd have much preferred 4 separate brushes. I think most people store brushes the same way as me, upright in a container, which you obviously can't do with these, so I've got them in the pouch they came with at the moment. The pouch is quite narrow so to get the brushes out you have to kind of squeeze them up, and I think if I keep doing that or pulling them out by the bristles I'm going to ruin them, so I'm going to make a cut down the side of the pouch so I can get them out a bit easier. So that is a bit of a nuisance, but they're such nice brushes and so so cheap, I'm not even going to take a lippie off for that!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2014 4:45:00 PM More reviews by Pour11

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This set is a money saver. I enjoyed this brands other products, so buying this was a no brainer. Works just as well as the single brushes. The only con I have is how to store them with out ruining the brushes. Maybe a larger makeup brush roll(that has bands in the middle rather than the roll I have that has pockets.)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2014 12:51:00 PM More reviews by danibennett97

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After hearing so many good things about this brand I decided to go to wal mart and buy myself some eco tools and I wasn't sue about these double ended ones but I do like them. If you love brushes go and get yourself some Ecotools they are so cheap and very good quality. I have many clinique brushes and have also had many sephora brush sets for reference purposes. I also love the real techniques brushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2014 4:28:00 PM More reviews by julianaq

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I discovered this set by watching the Emily Noel review on it and after watching the Katelyn Galloway tutorial on smokey eyes using only this set, I was convinced, I decided to give it a try as I'm always looking for good affordable brushes and I bought it a couple of days ago. It costed 10 CAD (canadian dollars), a great price for 4 brushes. The Ecotools products are affordable and easy to find.
I'm very happy with this purchase, the brushes are synthetic, they are very soft, as soft as the Real Techniques ones that I own, and softer than some of the Sonia Kashuk brushes that I own too, I have sensitive skin so this "softness" issue is important for me.
The set is very complete, the only brush missing would be a blending brush, all the other brushes you really need for eyes come in this duo-set.
For storage, it can be a little bit tricky as this brushes have a double end, I use the Real techniques holder that comes with the RT sets, or you could store them in the envelope that they come in.
I was thinking of giving this set as a gift for my friends who have no makeup brushes at all. They would have almost all they need for eyes with this little gem.

This is the Katelyn Galloway tutorial using only this set:

This is the Emily Noel review:

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2014 9:08:00 AM More reviews by nemesis41

This little brush set is great for creating beautiful eyeshadow applications. Two brushes are double-sided giving four different brush shapes. These brushes can do just about anything I would want to do with my eyeshadow, and they offer good control in a compact size. They come in a little plastic envelope that is useful for traveling. These meet my needs perfectly.