Ecotools Smooth Detangler Paddle Brush

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This won't be suitable for hair that tangles easy without a prior application of a leave-in, but it will give you an excellent scalp massage. The padding has a gentle spring, bristles are secured very well so your hair won't get caught between the pin and the cushion, however they can snap off if you drag your hair through tangles. It's easy to clean, makes heat styling a breeze and if you like volume, choose the round styling brush, it's great. Although it isn't designed to be worthy of a vanity showcase, it is a functional brush that won't cause static. Brush handle isn't very durable (chips without splinters) and Ecotools logo rubs off within a week. It's worth getting for the scalp massage and distributing hair treatments.

This brush has a huge head- it's the biggest brush I've ever used. I've sometimes had problems in the past with this sort of bristle- plastic, with a rounded top. I've found that sort of bristle to rip at tangles. This brush is much better in that department than others I've tried with similar bristles. There's still SOME ripping at tangles. That ripping is particularly an issue on wet hair. In general, though, I love the large size, which is great for my long, thick hair, I just wish it was a bit less rippy.