Kat Von D Everlasting Love Liquid Lipstick in Bauhau5 (formally Mau5)

4.7

Lightweight, easy to apply, long lasting, pigmented, even, matte & comfortable - this liquid lipstick ticks all the boxes! The color selection of this line is great and offers something for almost everyone. I had a hard time choosing my first, but ended up with Bauhau5, and glad I did. While the shade isn't highly original, it's a beautiful, rich fuchsia. Brighter than MAC's Rebel, but similar. It's very wearable for a lot of skin tones. I love how smooth and even this stuff applies. While it does dry down matte and feels slightly drying on the lips, it is still comfortable and flexible. It does transfer slightly on me - I found tiny flecks on my teeth and it rubbed off on my spoon when I ate my morning yogurt. However, you can reapply without getting a patchy look on your lips.

on 1/25/2015 7:49:00 PM

I just bought this, and I am insta love! Even a lasagna dinner didnt budge it!

It IS a bit drying, but some lip primer from too face solves the issue very well.

The colour is multi dimensional if you can believe it, while still being a true matte.

I would buy this again the minute I run out, even though I loathe Sephora.

on 1/5/2015 6:33:00 PM

I bought this very recently and so far I really like it!
The color is absolutely stunning, and the formula is excellent. Very little transfer if any at all. I was originally going to get Stila's in Aria but Sephora was out! However I do not regret getting this at all.

It is important to exfoliate and moisturize your lips before using a liquid lipstick of any kind. I use a bit of sugar and water to exfoliate, and some Aquaphor to moisturize my lips. Do let the moisturizer sink in a bit and pat it off before applying the lipstick.

Now I haven't worn it all day yet so I cannot say if it lasts, but it hasn't budged since I applied it five hours ago. My experience with my other shades, L.U.V. and Jeffree they've lasted at least eight hours

on 12/7/2014 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This Is my first experience with a liquid lipstick so I don't have much to compare it to, but I am obsessed with this. Bauhau5 is described as a deep raspberry, but I find it to be a little bright to be considered deep. I love the color. I wore this out and it literally did not budge for 6 1/2 hours. Clearly this will be on the dryer side since it's so long wearing. I make sure to put it on top of a lip balm and when I feel it getting dry I just add chapstick on top. I can't wait to play around with more colors and brands, but I would highly recommend this. Make sure you exfoliate your lips really good before use and start off applying in this layers.

on 9/10/2014 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

The long-wear isn't a joke, this stuff stays on my lips from morning until night and stays bright even after the greasy meals. While it does slightly dry my lips, I have no issue with putting a light coat of lipbalm over it to help moisturize the dry part of my lips. The only reason I'm giving it 4 lippies is because of how the lipstick is uncomfortably sticky on my lips for about 10 minutes, but I can overlook it because of how much I love this product.

on 6/27/2014 9:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Iove this lipstick. I am really not a berry lipstick gal but this lippie is da bomb. The downside to me however is this is very drying and i hate the scent when applying. Love the colour payoff and the longevity of the wear.

on 5/24/2014 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I came across this shade after it was renamed and repackaged, and at first I couldn't figure out why it has two names online. I don't follow KVD's love life, but apparently it was changed to Bauhau5 for a good reason. This is described as a deep raspberry, but there is a brightness to it that many other lipsticks lack. If it didn't have that kick to it then it would be like any other berry wine shade. I looked for something similar to this the entire fall and winter and now that it's summer I've finally found it. I will wear it anyway! I love the packaging, formula, and the wear time is 6-8 hours depending on what you drink or eat.

Popular Lipsticks