April 18, 2014 | 1862 users online

Treatments - Kerastase - Oleo-Relax Serum

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2014 1:34:00 AM More reviews by qaeng3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

i love the fact that this serum is so lightweight and you dont have to worry about over applying because it does not weigh my hair down.
I think it is a bit expensive for a serum, but it does make my hair looks shinier. As for frizz, i dont think it does a good job becuase my hair becomes frizzy again after the next day. Too bad this serum cannot be apply on dry hair.
Don think i will repurchase because of the price. Love the packaging though, small and convennient.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2014 11:57:00 AM More reviews by Gjones7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I've had a bottle of this for over a year, and I use it every now and then. The smell is absolutely beautiful and I think that's one of its best features. It makes my hair feel soft, but I don't really notice whether it controls frizz or not. Also I have long thick hair and find it can make my hair a tad greasy, but most serums have this effect. I would buy again because of the amazing smell and a bottle lasts a long long time. Be careful with the packaging of this serum as I find it leaks , so always have it standing upright

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2013 5:30:00 AM More reviews by Sara_1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've tried many serums, but thought this one would be AMAZING, as i had read so many glowing reviews.

I've used many serums, from John Frieda to Bumble and Bumble to Moroccanoil.
This one is really not that special in comparison. It's ok, but it really doesn't calm down my frizz as much as I had expected.

I'm pretty indifferent to this serum and will not buy again. My Moroccanoil is way better!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2013 2:51:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

Gorgeous stuff. . .smells great and makes your hair feel like spun silk without weighing it down. My hair is naturally straight, colour-treated, highlighted, very flat and lifeless but thick and doesn't get too frizzy so I use about 1-2 pumps on wet or dry hair to smooth it out, then after blow-drying occasionally (depending on the weather) I may need another small half-pump to tame just the ends. It makes hair easy to blow-dry, comb and style.

I also have very long hair (past the bra strap) and I've had one bottle (125mL) for almost a year and it's still 1/4 full. It smells really good too and I get compliments on my hair and how good it smells all the time with this - some men even inhale my hair when I'm at work and ask me what shampoo I use. It has a nice sophisticated but warm clean scent that lingers but isn't offensive.

It's obviously overpriced, like any salon brand, but lasts forever, smooths and detangles hair and makes it manageable and shiny without going flat. I've used other silicone serums (John Freida, Herbal Essences, Redken etc) but this one works best and makes my hair the silkiest and I need 1/2 the amount I did with the other brands so I would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2013 11:12:00 AM More reviews by devo0

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this serum . To the person who mentions this not being heat protection, of course it is its full of silicone that's its purpose . It is heavy but not overly so that its greasy

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2013 9:22:00 PM More reviews by MiddleCyclone

For me this was yet another disappointment from Kerastase. I'm beginning to think the whole line is really overrated.

My hair is naturally straight and is very frizz prone. It's on the finer side so I find serums work better for me than lotions as serums are more potent usually and I need something strong to control all my frizz and flyaways. This serum was recommended to me as a strong frizz control product which apparently everyone who tries it ends up loving it.

Unfortunately I did not love it. It made my hair full of knots and after blow drying I had tons of frizz and pouf. I tried smoothing some over my dry hair and it did noting at all, my frizz and pouf remained.

I tried it a few more times to give it the benefit of the doubt yet the results were very disappointing each time, I have gotten better results with $10 drugstore brand serums.

Overall this serum is not worth the $45 you will spend on it. There's nothing special about it at all. Expensive does not always mean better!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Xenu

It works okay. It is no better than any other cheaper smoothing product you get at a drugstore. I only use a couple tiny drops on my long, thick hair and it still makes it super greasy - a problem I've never had before. Once I run out, I will not repurchase. The only reason I am using it is because I feel guilty for spending so much $$$ on it.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2013 5:15:00 AM More reviews by magnisky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Okay, so I thought in my head that this would be my go to HG product because of all the great reviews. But oh no, it was far from it. I was truly disappointed. I have thick, dry, frizzy hair that most products cannot help, but I expected far better from this serum! I tried to see if the serum worked for more than 2 years! It did not manage my frizz. What actually ended sort of working was John Frieda Frizz Ease Extra Strength Frizz Serum! I still am a fan of Kerastase but just not this serum.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2013 7:20:00 AM More reviews by GrRoxxy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I always tried to avoid spending too much on my hair products but I spent fortune at hairdresser... I have A LOT of thick, long hair, which curl nicely and I never had problem with them until like... 4th or 5th bleaching. I was recommended Kerastase products by freelance fashion industry hair stylist and so I thought- she is not paid to sell me these so...
I got a shampoo, masquintense and two oils.

I use this serum when I dont use masquintense. I use also other serum but Oleo-Relax is for the day I was either to lazy to put masque for quite some time or I have worse hair day.

It makes them soft, silky, manageable and I can brush through them without pain. It makes them less frizzy (not as much as masque). The packaging is great, I need 2-3 pumps for my waist-long hair. The only downside would be that its kind of hard to wash it off hands but thats really all I could think about.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2013 9:11:00 AM More reviews by alyssian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

At first I just bought this product as a means of joining the bandwagon what with all the hype I've been hearing from magazines and blog reviews about this product. Then again, once I've tried it, all I can say is: WOW. This serum indeed did wonders to my despicably frizzy and hard to control fly-away hair! Just one to one-and-a-half pumps (or two pumps if you've got hair length that goes beyond the shoulders) of this magical serum and any mane can be tamed! I do admit, this product does not come cheap (it comes off way less costly if you buy the set though), but in the very least, it fulfills what it promises to do. I was not disappointed with the results - my hair became smoother, softer, and stayed in place. It left a hint of fragrance and left my hair more manageable but still touchable. I do not regret buying this product.