September 2, 2014 | 1210 users online

Hair Treatments - Kerastase - Oleo-Relax Serum

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2014 9:52:00 AM More reviews by Tarjara

you really are wasting your money if you buy this , though it may work , you can buy a much less expensive product and get the same results and btw it's made by loreal so what do you really think is going on , i'd suggest skinny serum by paul mitchell or even loreals products you can buy at Walmart or Target , just because you pay more doesn't always mean it's better , I have been a hair stylist for almost 20 years and I do know what I am talking about

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2014 12:48:00 AM More reviews by GwenNYC

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm on the fence about this serum. I have long, thick curly hair that I often blowout or have blown out, and I used to mix this together with Nectar Thermique prior to blowing dry. I found that my blowouts didn't last long, and my hair would get frizzy rather quickly. I switched to Moroccan Oil and it works like a charm.

That said, I do like this serum as a finishing touch to control fly-aways and adds shine, and it works very well for those purposes. It also smells fantastic. Not great for keeping my thick hair straight, but awesome for that glossy finish.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/25/2014 5:43:00 AM More reviews by littleantlers85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was really excited to try this serum, but personally I found it to be over-rated. It didn't do anything more for my hair than a basic serum would. It also made it very flyaway. I used varying amounts after washing my hair. It was best when using a very tiny, tiny bit, but still not amazing. It worked better as a pre-wash oil, but no better than jojoba oil which is a fraction of the price.

I tried to like it. I used it again and again in different ways, but it just did not suit my hair. I would recommend trying to get a sample before buying the full price bottle as it is very expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2014 4:20:00 PM More reviews by Cammy18

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've tried many other hair serum for the past 10 years and I always come back to this one. It makes my hair very soft.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2014 1:34:00 AM More reviews by qaeng3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

i love the fact that this serum is so lightweight and you dont have to worry about over applying because it does not weigh my hair down.
I think it is a bit expensive for a serum, but it does make my hair looks shinier. As for frizz, i dont think it does a good job becuase my hair becomes frizzy again after the next day. Too bad this serum cannot be apply on dry hair.
Don think i will repurchase because of the price. Love the packaging though, small and convennient.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2014 11:57:00 AM More reviews by Gjones7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I've had a bottle of this for over a year, and I use it every now and then. The smell is absolutely beautiful and I think that's one of its best features. It makes my hair feel soft, but I don't really notice whether it controls frizz or not. Also I have long thick hair and find it can make my hair a tad greasy, but most serums have this effect. I would buy again because of the amazing smell and a bottle lasts a long long time. Be careful with the packaging of this serum as I find it leaks , so always have it standing upright

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2013 5:30:00 AM More reviews by Sara_1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've tried many serums, but thought this one would be AMAZING, as i had read so many glowing reviews.

I've used many serums, from John Frieda to Bumble and Bumble to Moroccanoil.
This one is really not that special in comparison. It's ok, but it really doesn't calm down my frizz as much as I had expected.

I'm pretty indifferent to this serum and will not buy again. My Moroccanoil is way better!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2013 2:51:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

Gorgeous stuff. . .smells great and makes your hair feel like spun silk without weighing it down. My hair is naturally straight, colour-treated, highlighted, very flat and lifeless but thick and doesn't get too frizzy so I use about 1-2 pumps on wet or dry hair to smooth it out, then after blow-drying occasionally (depending on the weather) I may need another small half-pump to tame just the ends. It makes hair easy to blow-dry, comb and style.

I also have very long hair (past the bra strap) and I've had one bottle (125mL) for almost a year and it's still 1/4 full. It smells really good too and I get compliments on my hair and how good it smells all the time with this - some men even inhale my hair when I'm at work and ask me what shampoo I use. It has a nice sophisticated but warm clean scent that lingers but isn't offensive.

It's obviously overpriced, like any salon brand, but lasts forever, smooths and detangles hair and makes it manageable and shiny without going flat. I've used other silicone serums (John Freida, Herbal Essences, Redken etc) but this one works best and makes my hair the silkiest and I need 1/2 the amount I did with the other brands so I would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2013 11:12:00 AM More reviews by devo0

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this serum . To the person who mentions this not being heat protection, of course it is its full of silicone that's its purpose . It is heavy but not overly so that its greasy

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2013 9:22:00 PM More reviews by MiddleCyclone

For me this was yet another disappointment from Kerastase. I'm beginning to think the whole line is really overrated.

My hair is naturally straight and is very frizz prone. It's on the finer side so I find serums work better for me than lotions as serums are more potent usually and I need something strong to control all my frizz and flyaways. This serum was recommended to me as a strong frizz control product which apparently everyone who tries it ends up loving it.

Unfortunately I did not love it. It made my hair full of knots and after blow drying I had tons of frizz and pouf. I tried smoothing some over my dry hair and it did noting at all, my frizz and pouf remained.

I tried it a few more times to give it the benefit of the doubt yet the results were very disappointing each time, I have gotten better results with $10 drugstore brand serums.

Overall this serum is not worth the $45 you will spend on it. There's nothing special about it at all. Expensive does not always mean better!