The Body Shop Hemp lip conditioner (stick)

4.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Hydrogenated Coconut Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Beeswax, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Hemp Seed Oil, Clary (Salvia Sclarea) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopherol.

After just a few uses my severly dry and flaking lips feel more moisturised! Usually with lip balms ive used in the passed, they have just temporarily masked the problem rather than actually solving it by hydratingg my lips

The scent isnt that strong but it is slightly herbal in my opinion but that doesnt neally bother me because the balm is actually working and it feels so smooth like a non sticky body butter for the lips! It doesnt sink into your lips right away which is nice as you dont feel the need to re-apply it every 10 minutes

The colour of the packaging has been updated which is more appealing and for 4 i think this great value for money as it your able to leave it for months and still be able to use it whereas LUSH lip balms have to be used within 2-3 weeks

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I'm a guy who used to buy what ever kind of lip balm until I was for some reason browsing The Body Shop and discovered this hemp lip conditioner. BEST BALM EVER. I was kind of turned of by the price $8, but gave it a whirl. I spun a wheel and got 20% off. I will never buy any other lip balm anymore. Also since the price of it is a little steep, I seen myself not loosing it like I do with $1/2 ones. This stuff is amazing. Other reviews may say that you keep on reapplying it often, not true, it's probably out of habit that they do. Although if it is cold the stick is a little hard to apply. Also I was in Colorado for work, met up with a buddy who was working the same festival I was. I pulled out my lip balm to apply, he was like "man, I got the same one" he pulled his out, I'm glad I'm not the only guy to discover this.

on 10/24/2014 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was a bit skeptical to try this because I've tried so many lip balms. But recently, my lips would not stay moisturized. They would feel dry and peel no matter how many times I tried to exfoliate and apply lip balm.

Well, after using the lip balm, I saw results! My lips stayed moisturized and no more peeling! I was afraid it was going to smell like the hand cream - the scent of the hemp hand cream can turn noses away, but the lip balm smells like green tea to me. No hemp smell at all and there's no taste.

The only other lip balm I was able to tolerate was Maybelline's Baby Lips, but I just wanted something new. The packaging is generic with a high price point, but I'll definitely buy it again.

on 10/8/2014 2:56:00 PM

Being a smoker, I am always burdened with having really tight, dry lips (entirely self-induced, my own fault for smoking in the first place, etc, etc). I put lip balm on religiously and have went through more chapsticks than I can count. But alas, every morning I wake up with the same flakey-ness and dryness no matter how much Vaseline or Blistex I've smothered on my lips the night before.

This lip balm is a godsend! I'm never using any other lip care again. I have already went through 2 of them since discovering it and it never fails to deliver on smooth, soft, moisturised lips! Even in winter, it protects against the harsh bite from the cold and frost.

I am a lipstick fiend - I put on lipstick every day no matter what outfit, weather condition or occasion. I have a lipstick for all scenarios! However, I was very disheartened as it seemed every lipstick I put on just enhanced the cracks, flakes and roughness of my lips. I don't get that problem after using the hemp lip balm at all! My lipsticks glide on, they look great and stay in place even though they're on top of a lip balm. The balm itself isn't too oily, so be careful not to overdo it as it doesn't feel like you're getting a lot out the tube when applying, but you really are. Don't wanna waste it!

All-in-all, great product. Love it! Would recommend it to everyone! Hemp has done wonders for my skin, the body butter and hand lotion I could not live without!

on 8/14/2014 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

On the fence with this for a long time. It works okay for me but nothing spectacular. The scent turns me off mostly. It's a grassy smell that normally wouldn't bother me but I don't like it on my lips.

on 7/27/2014 9:23:00 AM

After reading rave reviews I decided to try this lip balm. I have extremely dry, flaky, chapped lips that hurt to smile - pretty gross!

I also purchased TBS Lip Scuff with this hemp balm. This balm smells like early grey tea to me but that's a nice change from all the artificial fruit scents that smell like something a teenage girl should be using.

It applies easily, not too grabby like some balms are. It's a convenient package, lasts a long time - a very long time once applied and is instantly soothing. Unfortunately I haven't used it quite long enough to comment on long term effects but so far so good. I might even return to purchase a spare as I've been known to lose lip balms.

What I love most is there's no sugar in this. I also love Fresh balm but there's sugar in it and actually makes my lips worse - they peel like crazy after using Fresh lip balm.

This isn't a gloss, and once applied lips look bare. Nothing fancy but if dry, cracked lips are an issue this is all you'd want in a lip balm.

The price is a little steep for a balm but it's definitely effective enough to justify the price.

on 2/20/2014 7:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is the best lip balm I have ever tried. It doesn't dry your lips out further like many do. I bought this for the first time when I was taking Roaccutane and my lips were so dry they were splitting in the corners. This actually repaired them and saved them from getting that bad again. Love it!

on 12/18/2013 4:14:00 PM

I loooove it!!! It feels like my lips are made of moist. If that make sense.. Anyway seriously best lip balm with natural ingredients on the market. Love it. Will love it. Moistures like nothing else.

Whoever is reading this, listen to me well: this is the best lip balm out there.

I have been searching for a good lip balm for years.. Trying every brand, from Neutogena, Blistex, Softlips, Maybelline Babylips to Eos. A saleslady from The Body Shop recommended this to me when I visited the store, telling me their hemp line was the most moisturizing out of all their products. She particularly emphasized how well the lip balm worked. I had chapped lips that seemed to never go away right before I bought this.. And within 2 days, my lips were totally plump, soft and smooth. I actually went back to buy another one for my purse. The format of the product is hygienic, and the product has no strong taste or smell. It's just creamy goodness that slowly works its way into my lips and lasts for hours, without leaving white residue or anything of the sort. All this to say: my search for an excellent lip balm is over.

Edit: It seemed like the moisturizing effects of this lip balm only lasted me one week. My lips began to get chapped again even after frequently applying this lip balm throughout the day. I brought this back to The Body Shop for an exchange.

on 9/12/2013 6:26:00 PM

I am so glad I haven't given up on Body Shop and their horrid lip butters, because this product really works well on my lips.

It doesn't make my lips peel and hydrates them wonderfully.

I've already used one and bought another so yeah, I'd repurchase it.

Popular Lip Treatments