October 25, 2014 | 830 users online

Lip Treatments - The Body Shop - Hemp lip conditioner (stick)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2014 3:08:00 PM More reviews by mistyxrose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was a bit skeptical to try this because I've tried so many lip balms. But recently, my lips would not stay moisturized. They would feel dry and peel no matter how many times I tried to exfoliate and apply lip balm.

Well, after using the lip balm, I saw results! My lips stayed moisturized and no more peeling! I was afraid it was going to smell like the hand cream - the scent of the hemp hand cream can turn noses away, but the lip balm smells like green tea to me. No hemp smell at all and there's no taste.

The only other lip balm I was able to tolerate was Maybelline's Baby Lips, but I just wanted something new. The packaging is generic with a high price point, but I'll definitely buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2014 2:56:00 PM More reviews by Sayraah

Being a smoker, I am always burdened with having really tight, dry lips (entirely self-induced, my own fault for smoking in the first place, etc, etc). I put lip balm on religiously and have went through more chapsticks than I can count. But alas, every morning I wake up with the same flakey-ness and dryness no matter how much Vaseline or Blistex I've smothered on my lips the night before.

This lip balm is a godsend! I'm never using any other lip care again. I have already went through 2 of them since discovering it and it never fails to deliver on smooth, soft, moisturised lips! Even in winter, it protects against the harsh bite from the cold and frost.

I am a lipstick fiend - I put on lipstick every day no matter what outfit, weather condition or occasion. I have a lipstick for all scenarios! However, I was very disheartened as it seemed every lipstick I put on just enhanced the cracks, flakes and roughness of my lips. I don't get that problem after using the hemp lip balm at all! My lipsticks glide on, they look great and stay in place even though they're on top of a lip balm. The balm itself isn't too oily, so be careful not to overdo it as it doesn't feel like you're getting a lot out the tube when applying, but you really are. Don't wanna waste it!

All-in-all, great product. Love it! Would recommend it to everyone! Hemp has done wonders for my skin, the body butter and hand lotion I could not live without!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2014 1:05:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

On the fence with this for a long time. It works okay for me but nothing spectacular. The scent turns me off mostly. It's a grassy smell that normally wouldn't bother me but I don't like it on my lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2014 9:23:00 AM More reviews by alh011

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After reading rave reviews I decided to try this lip balm. I have extremely dry, flaky, chapped lips that hurt to smile - pretty gross!

I also purchased TBS Lip Scuff with this hemp balm. This balm smells like early grey tea to me but that's a nice change from all the artificial fruit scents that smell like something a teenage girl should be using.

It applies easily, not too grabby like some balms are. It's a convenient package, lasts a long time - a very long time once applied and is instantly soothing. Unfortunately I haven't used it quite long enough to comment on long term effects but so far so good. I might even return to purchase a spare as I've been known to lose lip balms.

What I love most is there's no sugar in this. I also love Fresh balm but there's sugar in it and actually makes my lips worse - they peel like crazy after using Fresh lip balm.

This isn't a gloss, and once applied lips look bare. Nothing fancy but if dry, cracked lips are an issue this is all you'd want in a lip balm.

The price is a little steep for a balm but it's definitely effective enough to justify the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2014 7:07:00 AM More reviews by elelkay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the best lip balm I have ever tried. It doesn't dry your lips out further like many do. I bought this for the first time when I was taking Roaccutane and my lips were so dry they were splitting in the corners. This actually repaired them and saved them from getting that bad again. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2013 4:14:00 PM More reviews by selins

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I loooove it!!! It feels like my lips are made of moist. If that make sense.. Anyway seriously best lip balm with natural ingredients on the market. Love it. Will love it. Moistures like nothing else.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2013 1:28:00 AM More reviews by Disintigratedwoman

Whoever is reading this, listen to me well: this is the best lip balm out there.

I have been searching for a good lip balm for years.. Trying every brand, from Neutogena, Blistex, Softlips, Maybelline Babylips to Eos. A saleslady from The Body Shop recommended this to me when I visited the store, telling me their hemp line was the most moisturizing out of all their products. She particularly emphasized how well the lip balm worked. I had chapped lips that seemed to never go away right before I bought this.. And within 2 days, my lips were totally plump, soft and smooth. I actually went back to buy another one for my purse. The format of the product is hygienic, and the product has no strong taste or smell. It's just creamy goodness that slowly works its way into my lips and lasts for hours, without leaving white residue or anything of the sort. All this to say: my search for an excellent lip balm is over.

Edit: It seemed like the moisturizing effects of this lip balm only lasted me one week. My lips began to get chapped again even after frequently applying this lip balm throughout the day. I brought this back to The Body Shop for an exchange.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2013 6:26:00 PM More reviews by Fonz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I am so glad I haven't given up on Body Shop and their horrid lip butters, because this product really works well on my lips.

It doesn't make my lips peel and hydrates them wonderfully.

I've already used one and bought another so yeah, I'd repurchase it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2013 10:21:00 AM More reviews by cnsyc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Best lip balm ever.
I generally dont like lip balms, their greasy feel and shiny look.
This is not a little bit greasy and has a fantastic texture, which make your lips look naturally smooth.

love it love it love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2012 8:15:00 AM More reviews by simpson945

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

an average lip stick. I love the packaging it's so pretty, all lush and clean.i also love the smell. but I don't find this hydrating. so I won't buy it again