September 30, 2014 | 920 users online

Lip Treatments - The Body Shop - Hemp lip conditioner (stick)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2014 1:05:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

On the fence with this for a long time. It works okay for me but nothing spectacular. The scent turns me off mostly. It's a grassy smell that normally wouldn't bother me but I don't like it on my lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2014 9:23:00 AM More reviews by alh011

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After reading rave reviews I decided to try this lip balm. I have extremely dry, flaky, chapped lips that hurt to smile - pretty gross!

I also purchased TBS Lip Scuff with this hemp balm. This balm smells like early grey tea to me but that's a nice change from all the artificial fruit scents that smell like something a teenage girl should be using.

It applies easily, not too grabby like some balms are. It's a convenient package, lasts a long time - a very long time once applied and is instantly soothing. Unfortunately I haven't used it quite long enough to comment on long term effects but so far so good. I might even return to purchase a spare as I've been known to lose lip balms.

What I love most is there's no sugar in this. I also love Fresh balm but there's sugar in it and actually makes my lips worse - they peel like crazy after using Fresh lip balm.

This isn't a gloss, and once applied lips look bare. Nothing fancy but if dry, cracked lips are an issue this is all you'd want in a lip balm.

The price is a little steep for a balm but it's definitely effective enough to justify the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2014 7:07:00 AM More reviews by elelkay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the best lip balm I have ever tried. It doesn't dry your lips out further like many do. I bought this for the first time when I was taking Roaccutane and my lips were so dry they were splitting in the corners. This actually repaired them and saved them from getting that bad again. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2013 4:14:00 PM More reviews by selins

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I loooove it!!! It feels like my lips are made of moist. If that make sense.. Anyway seriously best lip balm with natural ingredients on the market. Love it. Will love it. Moistures like nothing else.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2013 1:28:00 AM More reviews by Disintigratedwoman

Whoever is reading this, listen to me well: this is the best lip balm out there.

I have been searching for a good lip balm for years.. Trying every brand, from Neutogena, Blistex, Softlips, Maybelline Babylips to Eos. A saleslady from The Body Shop recommended this to me when I visited the store, telling me their hemp line was the most moisturizing out of all their products. She particularly emphasized how well the lip balm worked. I had chapped lips that seemed to never go away right before I bought this.. And within 2 days, my lips were totally plump, soft and smooth. I actually went back to buy another one for my purse. The format of the product is hygienic, and the product has no strong taste or smell. It's just creamy goodness that slowly works its way into my lips and lasts for hours, without leaving white residue or anything of the sort. All this to say: my search for an excellent lip balm is over.

Edit: It seemed like the moisturizing effects of this lip balm only lasted me one week. My lips began to get chapped again even after frequently applying this lip balm throughout the day. I brought this back to The Body Shop for an exchange.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2013 6:26:00 PM More reviews by Fonz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I am so glad I haven't given up on Body Shop and their horrid lip butters, because this product really works well on my lips.

It doesn't make my lips peel and hydrates them wonderfully.

I've already used one and bought another so yeah, I'd repurchase it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2013 10:21:00 AM More reviews by cnsyc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Best lip balm ever.
I generally dont like lip balms, their greasy feel and shiny look.
This is not a little bit greasy and has a fantastic texture, which make your lips look naturally smooth.

love it love it love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2012 8:15:00 AM More reviews by simpson945

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

an average lip stick. I love the packaging it's so pretty, all lush and clean.i also love the smell. but I don't find this hydrating. so I won't buy it again

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2012 3:16:00 PM More reviews by Rosse86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Great lip balm! I use it twice a day and it keep my lips from drying out. It doesn't smell as good as some other lip balms, but it doesn't smell bad either. Only downside is that the consistency is slightly too hard for colder climates, so it's kind of hard to put on.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2012 6:33:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a very good lip balm. I like that it comes in a stick, and it's very moisturizing. I wish it was even thicker, but it's definately a quality product. I'm still searching for my HG lip balm, but this will definately work in the mean time.