Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stain

3.7

Water , Octyldodecanol , Polyglyceryl-2 Diisostearate , Butylene Glycol , Carthamus Tinctorius Oleosomes Safflower , Stearyl Alcohol , Alcohol Denat. , Ethylcellulose , Acrylates/Ethylhexylacrylate/Hema Copolymer , Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone , Hexyl Laurate , Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate , Glycerin , Acrylates/Dimethylaminoethyl Methacrylate/Ethylhexyl Acrylate Copolymer , Xanthan Gum , Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract , Butyrospermum ParkiiShea Butter , Panthenol , Tocopheryl Acetate , Fragrance , BHT , Tetrasodium EDTA , Ethylhexylglycerin , Benzyl Alcohol , 1 , 2-Hexanediol , Caprylyl Glycol , Benzyl Benzoate , Limonene , Linalool , Hexyl Cinnamal , May Contain (+/-): MicaCI 77019 , Titanium DioxideCI 77891 , Iron OxidesCI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 , Red 28 LakeCI 45410 , Red 33CI 17200 , Yellow 5 LakeCI 19140 , Red 33 LakeCI 17200 , Red 7 LakeCI 15850 , Red 40CI 16035 , Yellow 5CI 19140 , Yellow 6CI 15985 , Red 6 LakeCI 15850 , Blue 1CI 42090 , Blue 1 LakeCI 42090 , Yellow 6 LakeCI 15985

Lip stains! Because reapplying your lipstick is annoying. When youíre out with your friends, dancing the night away and eating delicious food, the last thing you want to worry about is if your bold lip choice is slowing becoming a disaster. This doesnít mean you need to forego fun lip colors or go to the bathroom every hour for touch ups, though. You have options. Revlon introduces one such option with their ColorStay Moisture Stains.

Pigmentation. The pigmentation on these are not terrible. After two coats youíll have an opaque, glossy finish.

Consistency. This stuff is pretty thick. The glossy finish dries down, but youíll still experience a tacky feeling in your lips for hours. It also has a strange cooling effect on your lips upon application, which is kind of interesting. Moisturizing, though? I didnít really get that feeling.

Wear Time. This product is weird in that the thick, almost sticky, base stays on your lips for hours. Iím telling you, itís kind of hard to get off right away. The color, however, doesnít really stain your lips the way a true lip stain would.

www.AllTheBestBeauty.com for pictures and swatches!

on 5/7/2015 9:16:00 PM

I have this in Shanghai Sizzle, which is a bright, pigmented, true neutral red color. I'll admit, I was nervous a lot of other shades would not look good on my East Asian coloring, so I went for the most East Asian shade name, and I'm glad I did! When fully applied, it looks very red, and really brightens my skin, but even when it's sheered out, it still brings some new life to my usually colorless face. The wear is good if you don't eat or if you drink from a straw or bottle. Usually, I can get several hours of wear since it leaves behind a light red stain after the moisture goes away. However, this product mostly resembles a pigmented, non-sticky gloss, so the transfer onto cups and food while it's wet is nothing to sneeze at. I always reapply after meals as the stain tends to fade. Also, this it not like a traditional lip stain. It's more similar to the "stain" you get when your lipstick wears off, but if you wipe the product thoroughly, all the color will come off. Overall, this product was definitely worth the investment due to its comfortable and flattering wear, and I would buy again, maybe even in the same color. It gives great color payoff while looking naturally pretty.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Revlon generally has fantastic lip products but this is the MOST moisturising and comfortable lip product I own and it 100% lives up to its name as 'Moisture Stain'. Currently my HG, it beats MAC, Lancome and other drugstore brands like Rimmel and Essence.

My review is for the shade 'Cannes Crush'. It's an alarmingly bright neon warm pink when swatched but that translates nicely on my lips as a muted rosy pink-brown when I blend it out and rub my lips together to evenly distribute the product. It's not fully opaque but I like this because it allows my natural lip colour to shine through. Usually formulas that are more opaque in this colour family (corals that lean pink) are a bit too pink for my liking (a la Lancome Rouge in Love 322 Coraill in Love, Covergirl Jumbo Lip Crayon 'Coral Twist' and Essence long-lasting lipstick in 'Coral Calling') . However Cannes Crush is such a flattering, wearable and sophisticated shade on my NC20 warm olive complexion and thankfully it doesn't scream 'PINK' on my lips.

So besides the colour, the other reason why I love this product so much is because it is so damn comfortable. I used to think Lancome and essence lipsticks were the most comfortable and hydrating lip products out there but how wrong I was. It was love at first wear for Cannes Crush and me. Usually I have to put a lip balm under all my lip products so they wear comfortably for around 4 hours. With this- I don't even need a lip balm! I actually use this as my lip balm during the day because it's so wonderfully hydrating. It wears comfortably for 6 hours and even by the 8-9 hour mark, it is still comfortable. My lips aren't screaming for moisture and neither are they parched. What sorcery is this?! I have never achieved this level of comfort with any other lip product. It survives most food and drink and fades into a nice even stain.

Even though the price is high at AUD $26, I would definitely repurchase this and use it all up. The colour, the formula and the lightweight texture is just fantastic. Revlon hit the nail on the head when they formulated this. I really couldn't ask for anything more.

on 4/8/2015 12:45:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

I don't do a red lip. I love them on other people but not me. So I was looking for a sheer red gloss to give my lips just a hint of red. I bought this gloss in Shanghai Sizzle. First of all, it's quite thick and goes on kind of patchy. So I apply some and then blend it in with a finger. I do like the color. It's what I would describe as a tomato red. Then I put some clear gloss over it. I'm satisfied with the finished look and it doesn't have a noticeable, strong odor. It does not stain my lips, though. Not that I can notice. I will continue to use this but not interested in other colors. Would not repurchase.

on 3/30/2015 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was a big fat "nope." I tried this in Cannes Crush, which is an alarmingly neon pink shade in the tube, but does mellow out into a slightly less alarming shade of bright pink. I do not like the way it looks with my brown hair / hazel eyed coloring; it might look OK on someone with blond hair and lighter eyes. Also, it dries out my lips, does not last very long, and - I do not exactly know how to describe this - it feels gross going on. It's just got a weird chunky sort of consistency and is always cold. I totally regret purchasing this.

on 3/19/2015 9:47:00 PM

It's not that these are bad they're just not my style or really what I was expecting.

The worst I can say about them is the application can be a bit streaky and sometimes difficult because the applicator is a strange shape.

I got the shade Parisian Passion and I expected it to be much like the color it appears as in the tube but alas it's not. It's a pretty sheered out version of that color which is fine except for I'm more of a fan of pigmented formulas. This was the biggest disappointment for me personally.

It also has a very glossy appearance which is to be expected because it is after all a moisture stain. I prefer matte lip colors but that's honestly my own problem because nothing about this product implies it would be matte.

I wasn't really that impressed but if you like sheer glossy lip colors I would definitely check out this line.

on 3/18/2015 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

Was running way too late for even a sip of coffee but managed to grab a compact and mascara. Was patting myself on the back when I realized I forgot that I'd taken my go-to Chubby Stick out of my purse. Fortunately, the nearest Starbucks was in a Target store and my plan was to pick up a colored balm. All the neutral/berry shades were sold out in the twist up colored balms. When I found this stain in a plummy shade called Parisian Passion I hoped it wouldn't be a shiny, gloppy fail. Thank goodness it wasn't. I don't notice a smell and, so far, the applicator cleans itself off each time I withdraw it from the container. I outline my lower lip with the tip of the doe foot, fill in the lip and then press my lips together. I dot a bit more on my top lip and I'm done. The color is sheer is and there's a bit of shine though not as much as with a gloss (thank goodness). I don't notice that it leaves behind much of a stain as it wears off like my other stains do. It does live up to the moisture part of its name and is comfortable to wear.

on 3/4/2015 11:54:00 AM

I am wearing Parisian Passion in my profile photo. This is quite possibly one of the best drug-store products currently around.

The pigment is perfect and the formula allows you to play around with the consistency. It can be light or super vampy, which is always a good thing.

It provides decent moisture, but I always prep my lips with a lip balm in advance in any event. The applicator allows good coverage in the corners of the mouth. It may be necessary to dab it a bit before applying it directly onto your lips. You must definitely remove it at the end of the night because it will stick around until the morning, which is not ideal but it is a stain after all.

I will definitely purchase some of the other shades. It has a surprisingly pleasant smell. Revlon has upped their game! This product trumps YSL.

on 2/3/2015 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have this is in three shades--Barcelona Nights, New York Scene, and Cannes Crush. BN, a classic bright, somewhat warm-toned pink, was my first purchase this past summer. It is a little scary/neon-looking on the applicator, but when applied properly (more below) it stains to a gorgeous, more muted, yet quite enlivening, shade. NYS I purchased mostly because Lisa Eldridge used it in a recent video. ;) It performs exactly the same as BN. The product itself comes out a little bit more berry-toned than the tube color would suggest--however, I'd definitely still call it a red, and a stunning, easy-to-wear one at that. My most recent purchase (in freezing cold, snowy February!) was CC, a summery coral. This applies a little sheerer than the other two, but the color is absolutely gorgeous and the formula still stains--more orange than pink, which I really like.

I think this product gets mixed reviews because there is a little trick to application. If you're applying it full-on from the applicator, I don't think many people would get on well with it, as it goes on kind of thick, splotchy, and hard to control. However, as others have suggested, I find blotting it on lightly, spreading with my fingertips, rubbing my lips together to "set" the stain, and adding an optional second coat for greater opacity/pigmentation has been perfect for the two shades I have (which, granted, are on the more pigmented end of the spectrum--I don't know how the lighter/more neutral shades perform in this manner). This all seems a bit high maintenance, but it doesn't take long, and given that it truly does stain and has great staying power (plus, weirdly, a little bit of sheen stays on too, yet it doesn't transfer like lip gloss does?!?! MAGIC!), I think it's well worth the extra effort. It doesn't smell lovely when applying, but I don't find it offensive either, and for me the smell dissipates once it's fully applied to the lips.

The packaging is great--the rectangular, almost Art Deco-y container is really chic, and the angled applicator gives great control if you want to use it for lip lining. Side note: This is one of the most expensive Revlon lip product I've seen, BUT it's frequently on sale, with coupons too! I'll definitely be trying more shades.

on 1/29/2015 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a great product and I am surprised by the ratings

1) dot it onto bottom lip and blend with finger tip

2) It should create a sheer stain/wash

3) it works great for me also as a blush. I use what is left on my fingers and it looks great.

I really enjoy my New York Moment. It creates a naturalish look on the lip and feels good.

one problem is that the packaging gets messy when you put the applicator back into the tub, which is gross. I've tried to clean it and it still leaks out, almost overflowing from the tube.

I hate that.

But overall I love this and would definitely repurchase.

Recommended for Medium Skin