August 22, 2014 | 1074 users online

Lip Gloss - Revlon - Colorstay Moisture Stain

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2014 2:15:00 PM More reviews by heathermrm

I LOVE these!! If you have read any of my other reviews, you may be aware I only wear items that are long lasting and/or waterproof. I have no interest in primping (or worrying about primping) throughout the day - I want what I put on my face at 6:00 am to be there when I come home at night (6:00 pm). Also, I tend to stay away from HE items, preferring to find ds dupes or similar, being kinder to my pocketbook.

So w/ that in mind, I have basically given up on lip glosses because as much as I like their appearance, they disappear way too quickly for my tastes.

Enter Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stain. I have had good luck w/ many Revlon products over the years (MU and hair), I have always had good luck w/ most stuff in the ColorStay line and the word "stain" implied long wear, so I purchased one - Parisian Passion 005 = lovely plummy color. To my surprise, its not sticky, has a cool/tingly sensation upon application, no streaking/nice even color, the stain that remains once the gloss has departed lasts several hours on me. There is some transfer onto things like coffee mugs, but I can get all the way to lunch w/out having to re-apply.

I liked this so much, I purchased a 2nd color India Intrigue 001 which I find to be a dark vivid kinda Barbie pink goes on a bit streaky which was not an issue w/ PP, but is resolved when mushing ones lips together to spread out the product more evenly. Not sure if this will be and issue w/ other colors as I only have these 2.

I likey likey and depending on if I find any other colors that strike my fancy, will re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2014 5:19:00 PM More reviews by mijal10

I'm obsessed with this product!! I have it in the shade Cannes Crush and I've gotten SO many compliments on it. The staying power is great for a stain, although not as great as a long-staying lipstick. I love the texture too, it's like a gel.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2014 7:29:00 PM More reviews by seattlegirl

another flop. on one hand, this stuff seems to feel and perform like the much more expensive YSL original, so it does technically work. but the colors are awful. stockholm chic looked like the only color I was even willing to try, like it would be a nice neutral wine color. what I got instead was a hideous coppery/orange top gloss. a minute later -- when the underlying pinkish stain developed -- it looked a little bit better, but still way warmer than what the package indicated. I will be returning this and not trying any more colors (all of the other colors look like they would be too light, too warm or way too cool).

the thing that's annoying is that (very much like their just bitten balm stain in adore) is that if you blot off the top coat, the stain left behind is a really perfect rosy color for me. not too warm or cool. why did they have to go and ruin it with the orange topcoat? I would actually like this product if they took this underlying stain and gave it a rosy topcoat that matched.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2014 4:29:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this in the London Chic, which was a light peach with gold flecks. On my NC25-30 skintone, it was ok. When I first applied it, the product was patchy and very pale peach... I was shocked! I had to mush my lips together to get the product to "melt" against my lips. The texture was average but the colour wasn't for me... I looked like I was very ill until I mushed my lips together to blend the colour, and even after doing that the gold glitter was tacky looking... So I returned it today and got my $14.99 CAD back. I think I want to try another colour though... Maybe the Cannes shade.

Update: 4/5
I decided to give this product line another try and bought Cannes crush. I was very please with the colour... It was a bright coral which reminded me a lot of the benefit Cha Cha tint. The product was still streaky and patchy but I worked with it. But I was more excited about the stain it left, IMO it was surprisingly pretty...
I think this is very similar to the YSL lip stain product but a lot cheaper. It's definitely something to try but just a warning, the colour you see in the tube is not the same when you apply it on your lips. The packaging is also very sleek with the square tube and the black lid and doe-footed applicator.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2014 10:36:00 AM More reviews by BlueCatAnubis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought 001 India Intriuge on a 40% off sale at my local Rite Aid.

What caught my eye about them when I first seen them at Target were the bright range of colors and the packaging looks interesting. I reached for a pretty fushia pink named India Intrigue and upon viewing the name I knew I had to try it. It says it stains in the tittle so I was really intriuged! When it went on sale I had to see how I would like it without paying full price for it.

I was really excited to try it and it was the last tube of India Inrigue they had. It was sealed with a sticker so that was a releif. The packaging is nice in my opinion and I was curious if the packaging color and the lip color would be the same. It has a doe-foot applicator that feels flimsey like it will break or the fabric that holds the product will slide off. It feels very cheap.

I opened it and swatched it on my hand and noticed how streaky it was. I did not care as long as it left a stain. Which it did. I then smelled it and it stinks like chemical-paint with a hint of floral perhaps. Mostly chemical/paint though, not a good smell for a lip product; it was off putting. I applied it to my lips and it felt cool like others have said. It was nice at first and then I noticed a burning sensation. It was patchy and the gloss refused to stay on inner part of my bottom lip. I like the color, which is why I gave it 2 lippies-the only reason by the way. It was a flattering shade but uneven and it burned my lips so bad I had to take it off and I would not recommend it to my friends. It also dryed out my lips. I even massaged it into my lips to see if it would be more even but the burning was too much for me. Lip products should not burn unless it is a plumper or something and that should only last a minute anyway!

I would not rebuy it and if you have sensitive skin/lips/sense of smell I would avoid it. This product made me appreciate my Maybelline elixers and colorsensational high shine lip glosses that don't burn me or make my lips dryed out.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2014 6:54:00 PM More reviews by brwneyedxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Upon first application, the texture of this product is a bit off-putting - it is very thick and does not apply evenly. I've found that you need to apply a little at a time and blend it into your lips. Because of this, I've taken off one lippie, but otherwise, I quite like this. It's like an opaque lip gloss that has a little better lasting quality, although I did still have to reapply it. It's highly pigmented and yes, feels and looks moisturizing.

I only have this in 025 "Cannes Crush" and I'm in love with the color above anything else. It's a bright coral pink that is quite flattering and I think it would work with many other skin tones as well. I would repurchase this color in particular, but might be wary about the others.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/14/2014 12:27:00 PM More reviews by XGrush

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been looking for a nice, semi-opaque gloss and thought I'd found it. But when I opened the tube, the gloss smelled like house paint! Just an incredibly harsh chemical smell! It also burned my lips when I applied it :( Don't know what they made this out of, but definitely nothing I'd want to use anywhere NEAR my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 5:57:00 PM More reviews by hotpa2d

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just purchased this product and I LOVE! Got color 050 - London Posh which is a sheer peachy nude. It feels a bit goopy when applied, very slimy, but the trick is to massage it in with your finger to get beautiful coverage. I use it over my MAC Azalea lipstick for my perfect summer lip shade. Beautiful peachy/pink color for my blonde hair, fair skin coloring. Don't forget to drag your finger through your lips to remove any buildup or it may get on your teeth! Love how it wears and it is definitely moisturizing. Looks great for hours. Highly recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2014 10:08:00 PM More reviews by jianing23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Really love the color of Barcelona night! beautiful raspberry shade!
It does take a bit to build tbh, i think part of the issue is the formula is so creamy that it doesnt really come off the applicator?
definitely think theres an issue with the applicator but the FORMLA, is amazing!
stains lightly on my lips beautifully and evenly
I find that the texture is almost balmy and super creamy and doesnt feel sticky at all. It's VERY comfortable on my lips
super hydrating! (i have really dry and sensitive lips) and lasts a decent amount of time.
The packaging although is definatly beautiful, chic and kinda classy :) very beautiful case, and not bulky.

in summary:
pro:
packaging nice,
highly pigmented
smooth feeling
hydrating
beautiful stain
not sticky
not heavy
no scent

cons:
to make a full opaque color you might need to spend just a bit of time to build
a bit pricy :S 10$
applicator doesnt help that it can be patchy unless built up a bit

I find the pinky light shade is patchy and no good but the darker shades are really good...

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2014 12:37:00 PM More reviews by livrod

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I saw the display at Walgreens and I was drawn in by the pretty packaging. These were 9.99 but buy one get one half off and I had a 2 dollars off coupon. I got India intrigue and New York scene.
These aren't absolutely terrible but they aren't that great. Your lips must be absolutely perfect for them to show up decently on your lips, otherwise they will apply streaky and cling on to any lip-flakes. Once I exfoliated my lips, they applied perfectly. Also it is best to apply along your bottom lip and then apply along your bottom lip. They don't last that long, I ate with it on and it wore off, but it did stain and the stain lasted a few hours after. The colors were opaque and showed up. I have darker pigmented lips and they showed up nicely.
I would not purchase them again. I actually wanted to return them but I lost my receipt and they are on sale so I would lose some money and they weren't that terrible but I would not repurchase them.