December 22, 2014 | 1713 users online

Lip Gloss - Revlon - Colorstay Moisture Stain

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2014 10:58:00 AM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got two of these as a gift from my MIL - Parisian Passion (deep plum/berry) and Barcelona Nights (bright, warm pink). And I love them.
I have purchased the YSL gloss stains in the past, and while I do feel YSL has a far better color selection, I feel these Revlon gloss stains outperform them by a long shot. They are far more hydrating, have better color payoff, and when they do fade (which can take a while), they do so evenly. Also, the glossy layer stays a lot longer than the YSL stains.
The packaging is simple and utilitarian-chic, and boasts a very smart, pointed applicator that, like the YSL stains, I feel is perfect for getting into the tight corners and perfecting the cupids bow. The cap screws on firmly, and overall, this feels sturdy enough to keep in my bag without fear of it bursting open.
The price, from what I've seen, varies from $8 at Target to around $10 at places like CVS. Seems like a good bargain, considering the pricetag of their higher-end counterparts.
Definitely loving these!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/29/2014 4:52:00 PM More reviews by Coebags

I was really torn between these Revlon stains and the YSL. Money is tight so I gave these a go. I got the London chic as I like my nude colours. I am really disappointed with the formula, it doesn't give even coverage, you have to apply a lot of product and rubbing the lips together but even then it went quite bitty. I have heard that some of them are really good and others have the same formula as the one I have so its not necessarily all of them.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2014 11:14:00 PM More reviews by trixie_trade

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is such a great product that is easily on par with similar products from premium brands. I'm really impressed with Revlon for these! Very versatile as you can blend out with your finger to sheer out some of the bolder shades for daytime wear.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2014 7:04:00 PM More reviews by JenellaG

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Good color payoff on this one! And it doesn't dry out my lips which is a bonus. Product comes out very thick and I find that I have to press my lips together several times in order to get the product to set. Is this a gloss? I'm still not sure. It goes on glossy but quickly dries down to more of a satin, or creme sheen finish. I have 3 colors: Cannes Crush (mid-tone coral pink), Rio Rush (mid-tone fuschia pink), and Barcelona Nights (deep rasberry pink). My only complaint is that they all have that notorious Colorstay paint smell!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2014 12:37:00 PM More reviews by march11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've tried a lot of different lipglosses, Nars being chief among them, and I've been really surprised by how wonderful these are. In fact, Parisian Passion seems to be a good dupe on my heavily pigmented pink lips for Nars All Night Long which I sadly bought, loved and lost a few years ago. I'm so happy I tried this.

The formula is smooth, and after a while leaves a gorgeous stain. I really like this and can see myself going back for more. I hope it becomes an HG for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2014 9:41:00 PM More reviews by LadyLaurel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I initially bought 3 colors of this, with my favorite being Cannes Crush. After I found out how well these work, I got 4 more colors! They feel nice and cool (almost wet) when first applied. The colors are gorgeous! I love Miami Fever, Parisian Passion, Shanghai Sizzle, also. They dry down nicely, and leave a nice stain. I'm a fan!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2014 7:56:00 PM More reviews by bklyncowgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Color builds evenly and easily. When painted full on, the finish is a wet, slick, opaque color swatch that does not feel heavy or thick. These have a chemical-y smell and feel upon application which I find varies in intensity from shade to shade. The color quickly sets and then gradually wears down to a stain on the lips that fades naturally and evenly. Surprisingly so. Since I forgo the full-on stage and go straight to the stain stage, wear lasts about 2 hours before reapplying. At no point does the color bleed over my liplines. I wear over a balm and the moisture remains intact. The scent varies. The packaging is cute and classy - a short, fat little rectangle package with a large, angled, (comes to a point at end) flat doe-foot applicator that I like as well. Apparently, these are a knock off of YSL. These are regularly $9.99 at Rite Aid. I caught a 40% off sale this week yay : )

London Posh 050:
Love the product, hate this color. Upon application I got this immediate tingly effect, like when you use those lip-plumping glosses or products. I didn't sign up for that nor did I like it. Does not persist long. This goes on a pale, almost pastel pink then immediately smoothes out and transitions to this highly PEARLIZED natural shade. Texture is nice (moist as the name claims and a little sticky which doesn't bother me). They bombed w this one. And there really should be some indication on the label that this is a pearlized finish. No likey.

Cannes Crush 025:
I tried this on and my immediate reaction was "OMG - could life really be this easy?!"
I have been a slave to this whole lip primer - liner - lipstick then gloss routine for so long I just accepted the slavery to it all. I dab this onto my lips lightly then keep lightly pressing my lips together for this juicy, flirty, girly, melon-y effect that is really jelly-like, shiny and glossy. This eventually wears down to a stain. I don't wear this full -on color. I really like wearing these as stains rather than the liquid lipstick look. This looks so good on its own - and I NEVER go without liner, ever.

Shanghai Sizzle 040:
As a full-on liquid lipstick, this is definitely one of your bold bolds. Itís a strong reddish orange whose finish is a wet, slick, opaque color swatch that does not feel heavy or thick. For me, application is even and easy with the big wand provided. I like it. Color builds evenly and easily. True, it appears splotchy when you dab it on, but it doesn't bother me to press my lips together to get the stain I want.
As full-on color, Iím undecided. At first I saw the glamour in it and thought wow, an orange I would actually wear (on rare occasion). I experimented and went back and forth, trying different intensities of application. I discovered that what itís really good for is amping up other colors. I stained my lips (dabbing a little Shanghai S and rubbing w my finger) then topped with Revlon Balm Stain 035 Charm and really love the combination.

New York Scene 045:
Another bold one. It was deceiving bc this comes off a plummy red on C3 me. Returning. Too plum. I experimented a lot, trying different intensities of application because I really like these stains, but just couldnít make it work. My intention was for more of a cherry color so this is going back. Too bad, bc I picked up one as a gift that goes back too. Sheíll never wear it.

I didn't notice any scent when applying Cannes Crush. But when NY Scene and Shanghai Sizzle both had a distinct chemical-y smell and feel upon application, I went back and smelled the wand of Cannes Crush and it does have the same smell, only far less noticeable. They all feel chemical-y upon application (hard to explain, but it's like my lips feel sensitive to it or something when I first place the want onto them) but with Cannes it's less so.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2014 10:59:00 PM More reviews by dlbaker

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have tried lots of stain products, and I'm really impressed with this one so far. It's easy to use, nice gel formula (not too thick and not too thin), a slight chemical smell but really not bad at all. I have the Paris, New York, and Cannes colors, and they are all really pretty. I put on one coat with the applicator and blend it with my finger. They aren't sticky nor do they dry out the lips, and the darker colors tend to last a while on me. Pretty darn good for $8!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2014 10:41:00 PM More reviews by DFcupcake

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Let me start by sayingthe color selection is terrible, but i *love* StockholmChic. It is a nice brick red on me, stains the lips more red than fuchsia. Lasts quite a while and did not cause my lips to turn inside out from dryness. Stockholm is the only color I will repurchase, but it may be my signature red. Formula is great. Applicator is great. Colors are not great. I also purchased London something or other, but it was too light and somewhat patchy. Very corpse like/powdered donut on my lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2014 10:11:00 PM More reviews by vl5050

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The thing that I love about this lip stain is the fact that it is exactly like lip gloss but it is extremely pigmented. This lip stain is great for someone who doesn't like their lips to feel dry when wearing lipstick. I have only tried the color Parisian Passion but I'm sure the other colors would exceed my expectations also!