Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stain

3.6

Water , Octyldodecanol , Polyglyceryl-2 Diisostearate , Butylene Glycol , Carthamus Tinctorius Oleosomes Safflower , Stearyl Alcohol , Alcohol Denat. , Ethylcellulose , Acrylates/Ethylhexylacrylate/Hema Copolymer , Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone , Hexyl Laurate , Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate , Glycerin , Acrylates/Dimethylaminoethyl Methacrylate/Ethylhexyl Acrylate Copolymer , Xanthan Gum , Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract , Butyrospermum ParkiiShea Butter , Panthenol , Tocopheryl Acetate , Fragrance , BHT , Tetrasodium EDTA , Ethylhexylglycerin , Benzyl Alcohol , 1 , 2-Hexanediol , Caprylyl Glycol , Benzyl Benzoate , Limonene , Linalool , Hexyl Cinnamal , May Contain (+/-): MicaCI 77019 , Titanium DioxideCI 77891 , Iron OxidesCI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 , Red 28 LakeCI 45410 , Red 33CI 17200 , Yellow 5 LakeCI 19140 , Red 33 LakeCI 17200 , Red 7 LakeCI 15850 , Red 40CI 16035 , Yellow 5CI 19140 , Yellow 6CI 15985 , Red 6 LakeCI 15850 , Blue 1CI 42090 , Blue 1 LakeCI 42090 , Yellow 6 LakeCI 15985

The application is patchy and it dried out my lips even with a liner under it. I can't speak for how long it lasts, as I didn't leave it on long enough to really know. I will not be purchasing again.

on 6/3/2015 10:25:00 PM

I hate this product. I truly, truly hate it.

I used to be revlon's biggest fan, honestly. I've recently gone cruelty free so I can no longer buy revlon produts and am just using up the ones I have. So this isn't coming from a revlon hater.

Revlon always has the most beautiful shades, and formulas, to their lip products. This product, however. Nope.

The product once opened has a short stem, the doe foot applicator is almost triangle shaped, it almost is dipped like a spoon would be. A perfect amount of product comes out of the tube each time you remove the wand. The application process is simple and I personally like it. The doe foot is a nice shape for easy application.

The product gives excellent coverage, for a "gloss balm stain" product, and after two coats (whilst that is a largely thick amount of product to have on your lips) it is completely opaque. The formula is waxy, almost. It feels like applying a gel to the lips. It feels a little cold at all times, has a unpleasant taste, and the texture isn't something you could just "forget about" whilst wearing. The product is very movable when first applied, and as maintained.

This stain is part of the colourstay range so on that assumption I would think it would last a long time, but this is completely wrong. The word stain is the last word I would use to describe it. It is a goopy liquid lipstick, that has shine to it. The instant I bring food or drink to my lips, it's gone. The instant it is touched, it is gone. I've tried it by itself with one coat, and with two. I've tried it when blotting, I've tried it with a lipliner underneath, and every single time it just comes straight off. It is literally terrible. The "stain" it leaves is like any lipstick when it's wearing off. It's faded on the inner part of the lips, more pigmented on the outer parts, and looks terrible.

I honestly hate it.
Would never buy it again.

on 5/30/2015 9:11:00 PM

It's a really good product for a stain lover! It's moisturizing so you don't need any lipbalm to go. The stain is so longlasting! I don't use this as a lipgloss but like lipstain, just dab with my finger and looks so natural! Miami fever looks so orange but on the lips its so pretty pink-to-red coral tone. Love!!!!!!!

on 5/27/2015 1:49:00 PM

I've been easing into lipglosses (I prefer lip balms and lipsticks) so I thought I'd give this a try. Finding some drugstore deal, I bought New York Scene (a true red) and Milan Moment (which is rather orange).

I have several pros and cons with these.

One, I do like the colors. They're quite pretty. The red is a lovely true red, and the orange, while I'm not crazy about it applied in an opaque layer on the lips, I like to blot it and enjoy the peachy-nude-brown result. The red looks nice blotted, too. I prefer that approach because I feel like I can have more control over the color, because it's a very pigmented gloss.

I think you do get what you see in the tube, which is a nice change from watered-down hues, etc.

The feel is somewhat pleasant; it's moist, maybe a touch sticky, and I find I prefer other Revlon glosses more. I don't think it feels super moisturizing, however. Other Revlon glosses feel better, though they do have less pigment. Once this wears off, though, my lips feel drier than before I applied.

This does have decent staying power, too, and leaves a nice stain behind.

One big problem for me, however, is the taste. It's very plasticky and weirdly bitter. The scent is lightly plasticky, but that's not too strong so it's easy to overlook, but the taste, yuck! That's the main reason I don't wear it much, is because one quick lip lick and I'm distracted by that odd fake taste on my tongue.

The one reason I don't throw it out is due to the packaging. I love its simplicity and sleekness. I just wish I liked its contents as much as its exterior.

on 5/26/2015 10:34:00 AM

I bought the lightest pink color (L.A Exclusive I think is the name), and I don't like it all that much.
It's pretty difficult to apply, cause the thickness leads to patchy application, and the color is not what I was expecting - instead of a nice, light pink, it turns much darker on my lips.
It feels ok for a while, although definitely not moisturizing, but wears off quickly, together with the smooth initial feel.

Meh...not a fan.

Lip stains! Because reapplying your lipstick is annoying. When youíre out with your friends, dancing the night away and eating delicious food, the last thing you want to worry about is if your bold lip choice is slowing becoming a disaster. This doesnít mean you need to forego fun lip colors or go to the bathroom every hour for touch ups, though. You have options. Revlon introduces one such option with their ColorStay Moisture Stains.

Pigmentation. The pigmentation on these are not terrible. After two coats youíll have an opaque, glossy finish.

Consistency. This stuff is pretty thick. The glossy finish dries down, but youíll still experience a tacky feeling in your lips for hours. It also has a strange cooling effect on your lips upon application, which is kind of interesting. Moisturizing, though? I didnít really get that feeling.

Wear Time. This product is weird in that the thick, almost sticky, base stays on your lips for hours. Iím telling you, itís kind of hard to get off right away. The color, however, doesnít really stain your lips the way a true lip stain would.

www.AllTheBestBeauty.com for pictures and swatches!

on 5/7/2015 9:16:00 PM

I have this in Shanghai Sizzle, which is a bright, pigmented, true neutral red color. I'll admit, I was nervous a lot of other shades would not look good on my East Asian coloring, so I went for the most East Asian shade name, and I'm glad I did! When fully applied, it looks very red, and really brightens my skin, but even when it's sheered out, it still brings some new life to my usually colorless face. The wear is good if you don't eat or if you drink from a straw or bottle. Usually, I can get several hours of wear since it leaves behind a light red stain after the moisture goes away. However, this product mostly resembles a pigmented, non-sticky gloss, so the transfer onto cups and food while it's wet is nothing to sneeze at. I always reapply after meals as the stain tends to fade. Also, this it not like a traditional lip stain. It's more similar to the "stain" you get when your lipstick wears off, but if you wipe the product thoroughly, all the color will come off. Overall, this product was definitely worth the investment due to its comfortable and flattering wear, and I would buy again, maybe even in the same color. It gives great color payoff while looking naturally pretty.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Revlon generally has fantastic lip products but this is the MOST moisturising and comfortable lip product I own and it 100% lives up to its name as 'Moisture Stain'. Currently my HG, it beats MAC, Lancome and other drugstore brands like Rimmel and Essence.

My review is for the shade 'Cannes Crush'. It's an alarmingly bright neon warm pink when swatched but that translates nicely on my lips as a muted rosy pink-brown when I blend it out and rub my lips together to evenly distribute the product. It's not fully opaque but I like this because it allows my natural lip colour to shine through. Usually formulas that are more opaque in this colour family (corals that lean pink) are a bit too pink for my liking (a la Lancome Rouge in Love 322 Coraill in Love, Covergirl Jumbo Lip Crayon 'Coral Twist' and Essence long-lasting lipstick in 'Coral Calling') . However Cannes Crush is such a flattering, wearable and sophisticated shade on my NC20 warm olive complexion and thankfully it doesn't scream 'PINK' on my lips.

So besides the colour, the other reason why I love this product so much is because it is so damn comfortable. I used to think Lancome and essence lipsticks were the most comfortable and hydrating lip products out there but how wrong I was. It was love at first wear for Cannes Crush and me. Usually I have to put a lip balm under all my lip products so they wear comfortably for around 4 hours. With this- I don't even need a lip balm! I actually use this as my lip balm during the day because it's so wonderfully hydrating. It wears comfortably for 6 hours and even by the 8-9 hour mark, it is still comfortable. My lips aren't screaming for moisture and neither are they parched. What sorcery is this?! I have never achieved this level of comfort with any other lip product. It survives most food and drink and fades into a nice even stain.

Even though the price is high at AUD $26, I would definitely repurchase this and use it all up. The colour, the formula and the lightweight texture is just fantastic. Revlon hit the nail on the head when they formulated this. I really couldn't ask for anything more.

on 4/8/2015 12:45:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

I don't do a red lip. I love them on other people but not me. So I was looking for a sheer red gloss to give my lips just a hint of red. I bought this gloss in Shanghai Sizzle. First of all, it's quite thick and goes on kind of patchy. So I apply some and then blend it in with a finger. I do like the color. It's what I would describe as a tomato red. Then I put some clear gloss over it. I'm satisfied with the finished look and it doesn't have a noticeable, strong odor. It does not stain my lips, though. Not that I can notice. I will continue to use this but not interested in other colors. Would not repurchase.

on 3/30/2015 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was a big fat "nope." I tried this in Cannes Crush, which is an alarmingly neon pink shade in the tube, but does mellow out into a slightly less alarming shade of bright pink. I do not like the way it looks with my brown hair / hazel eyed coloring; it might look OK on someone with blond hair and lighter eyes. Also, it dries out my lips, does not last very long, and - I do not exactly know how to describe this - it feels gross going on. It's just got a weird chunky sort of consistency and is always cold. I totally regret purchasing this.