Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stain

3.4

Water , Octyldodecanol , Polyglyceryl-2 Diisostearate , Butylene Glycol , Carthamus Tinctorius Oleosomes Safflower , Stearyl Alcohol , Alcohol Denat. , Ethylcellulose , Acrylates/Ethylhexylacrylate/Hema Copolymer , Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone , Hexyl Laurate , Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate , Glycerin , Acrylates/Dimethylaminoethyl Methacrylate/Ethylhexyl Acrylate Copolymer , Xanthan Gum , Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract , Butyrospermum ParkiiShea Butter , Panthenol , Tocopheryl Acetate , Fragrance , BHT , Tetrasodium EDTA , Ethylhexylglycerin , Benzyl Alcohol , 1 , 2-Hexanediol , Caprylyl Glycol , Benzyl Benzoate , Limonene , Linalool , Hexyl Cinnamal , May Contain (+/-): MicaCI 77019 , Titanium DioxideCI 77891 , Iron OxidesCI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 , Red 28 LakeCI 45410 , Red 33CI 17200 , Yellow 5 LakeCI 19140 , Red 33 LakeCI 17200 , Red 7 LakeCI 15850 , Red 40CI 16035 , Yellow 5CI 19140 , Yellow 6CI 15985 , Red 6 LakeCI 15850 , Blue 1CI 42090 , Blue 1 LakeCI 42090 , Yellow 6 LakeCI 15985

This stuff is so ridiculously patchy. I've tried it so many times cause I want to love it. The color is amazing. I just can't wear it cause it looks a hot mess.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This product gave me (what seems to be) perioral dermatitis twice! The first time I just thought I was getting cold sores.
It took me a second time to realize it was this product that was causing my problem.
I do not have sensitive skin, I am 27 and nothing like that has ever happened to me.
Now it hurts to open my mouth fully. These sores take 2 weeks or more to heal, and the skin on my lips is soooo dried out. I've even had some cracking.
The fact that a product like this can have such a bad effect is pretty scary. Won't ever be trying any more lip products from Revlon. Not worth the risk after this experience!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I purchased Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stain (020 Rio Blush) a couple of weeks ago. Absoutely adore the color! I used it for two days. My lips swole - nice bee stung look. Blistered mildly and are still peeling. I've gone through a ball of Eos, a partial tube of Burt's Bees Honey Lip Balm and it really isn't a lot better. The swelling has gone done some, my lips are a lovely pink from all the peeling I think, but I still have strips of skin I peel off throughout the day. Has anyone else had this problem or one similar?
I use other Revlon products and have never experienced any problems.
To be fair, I've had problems with the long last all day colors (all brands) drying my lips before, but nothing of this magnitude.
First, does anyone have a suggestion on something to use to return my lips to normal? Another type/brand of lip stain that doesn't dry?

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

This is a must have!

The only main thing I like about these is the packaging. I don't like the formulation, its a bit gloppy. It doesn't leave a stain whatsoever and very weak staying power. Don't recommend this, nothing special

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Lip stain ? I do not get a stain. Lip gloss more like it. I love the shade ny scene for fall. For tan East Asian skin tone types. Replaces revlon's discontinued Cherries in the Snow gloss. The applicator is very nice.

Bought two of these the other day because I had some great coupons. London Posh was fine but the Cannes Crush was splotchy and separated when I applied it. Picture trying to apply a gloss over wax - it was gloppy and truly gross. It is definitely not a stain, doesn't leave anything worth mentioning on your lips.

I'm going to return the splotchy one and keep the other. Won't buy again.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

i have this in the colour new york scene, which is a cool red.

pros:
- lovely colour
- semi-opaque: if i'm going to wear a gloss i like it to add at least some colour
- comfortable to wear; not sticky
- not too pricey

cons:
- not very long-wearing, definitely doesn't stain
- the packaging isn't to my taste, too sharp in the corners and not comfortable to hold while applying

repurchase? - yes

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I've loved other Revlon ColourStay products. Unfortunately, this was not one of them.

I bought this in Shanghai Sizzle. When I first applied it, it looked really pretty on my lips. The real problem is that, unlike other ColourStay products, it didn't stay! It was more like a gloss and gone by the time I had my first cup of tea. It comes with a doe-foot applicator. The consistency of the product is thin, and it feels cool on the lips. It has a shine when applied to the lips. Even though it's called a "stain", it didn't really provide a stain on the lips. It more just sat on the lips, like a gloss.

I'll use this maybe as a touch up when I want a red lip, but I won't be purchasing any other colours of this.

I bought 3 of these shades. Guess I did not learn my lesson..?
These are a weird consistency imho. They feel weird being applied to the lips and feel weird once on the lips. The colors are not bad, they are quite nice actually, even if they do feel weird,' and they do in my experience leave a stain, some moreso than others. You do need to be careful when applying these as the formula being odd, it can easily slip outside of your lip line while you are applying, and if it is one of the colors that stain badly, you might look like you got punched in the mouth. :/

But even though the colors are decent, there are similar shades out there that have better performance and feel better on the lips; and some even less expensive for the drugstore.

Wear time is not great, I only get an hour or two out of these, and then the stain that lasts for another hour or two. These also are quite pricey imho. Bought three and wish I only bought one. Will still use them from time to time but by no means are they holy grail and will not be repurchasing.