July 31, 2014 | 1392 users online

Lip Gloss - Revlon - Colorstay Moisture Gel Stain

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2014 7:29:00 PM More reviews by seattlegirl

another flop. on one hand, this stuff seems to feel and perform like the much more expensive YSL original, so it does technically work. but the colors are awful. stockholm chic looked like the only color I was even willing to try, like it would be a nice neutral wine color. what I got instead was a hideous coppery/orange top gloss. a minute later -- when the underlying pinkish stain developed -- it looked a little bit better, but still way warmer than what the package indicated. I will be returning this and not trying any more colors (all of the other colors look like they would be too light, too warm or way too cool).

the thing that's annoying is that (very much like their just bitten balm stain in adore) is that if you blot off the top coat, the stain left behind is a really perfect rosy color for me. not too warm or cool. why did they have to go and ruin it with the orange topcoat? I would actually like this product if they took this underlying stain and gave it a rosy topcoat that matched.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2014 4:29:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this in the London Chic, which was a light peach with gold flecks. On my NC25-30 skintone, it was ok. When I first applied it, the product was patchy and very pale peach... I was shocked! I had to mush my lips together to get the product to "melt" against my lips. The texture was average but the colour wasn't for me... I looked like I was very ill until I mushed my lips together to blend the colour, and even after doing that the gold glitter was tacky looking... So I returned it today and got my $14.99 CAD back. I think I want to try another colour though... Maybe the Cannes shade.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2014 10:36:00 AM More reviews by BlueCatAnubis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought 001 India Intriuge on a 40% off sale at my local Rite Aid.

What caught my eye about them when I first seen them at Target were the bright range of colors and the packaging looks interesting. I reached for a pretty fushia pink named India Intrigue and upon viewing the name I knew I had to try it. It says it stains in the tittle so I was really intriuged! When it went on sale I had to see how I would like it without paying full price for it.

I was really excited to try it and it was the last tube of India Inrigue they had. It was sealed with a sticker so that was a releif. The packaging is nice in my opinion and I was curious if the packaging color and the lip color would be the same. It has a doe-foot applicator that feels flimsey like it will break or the fabric that holds the product will slide off. It feels very cheap.

I opened it and swatched it on my hand and noticed how streaky it was. I did not care as long as it left a stain. Which it did. I then smelled it and it stinks like chemical-paint with a hint of floral perhaps. Mostly chemical/paint though, not a good smell for a lip product; it was off putting. I applied it to my lips and it felt cool like others have said. It was nice at first and then I noticed a burning sensation. It was patchy and the gloss refused to stay on inner part of my bottom lip. I like the color, which is why I gave it 2 lippies-the only reason by the way. It was a flattering shade but uneven and it burned my lips so bad I had to take it off and I would not recommend it to my friends. It also dryed out my lips. I even massaged it into my lips to see if it would be more even but the burning was too much for me. Lip products should not burn unless it is a plumper or something and that should only last a minute anyway!

I would not rebuy it and if you have sensitive skin/lips/sense of smell I would avoid it. This product made me appreciate my Maybelline elixers and colorsensational high shine lip glosses that don't burn me or make my lips dryed out.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2014 6:54:00 PM More reviews by brwneyedxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Upon first application, the texture of this product is a bit off-putting - it is very thick and does not apply evenly. I've found that you need to apply a little at a time and blend it into your lips. Because of this, I've taken off one lippie, but otherwise, I quite like this. It's like an opaque lip gloss that has a little better lasting quality, although I did still have to reapply it. It's highly pigmented and yes, feels and looks moisturizing.

I only have this in 025 "Cannes Crush" and I'm in love with the color above anything else. It's a bright coral pink that is quite flattering and I think it would work with many other skin tones as well. I would repurchase this color in particular, but might be wary about the others.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/14/2014 12:27:00 PM More reviews by XGrush

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been looking for a nice, semi-opaque gloss and thought I'd found it. But when I opened the tube, the gloss smelled like house paint! Just an incredibly harsh chemical smell! It also burned my lips when I applied it :( Don't know what they made this out of, but definitely nothing I'd want to use anywhere NEAR my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 5:57:00 PM More reviews by hotpa2d

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just purchased this product and I LOVE! Got color 050 - London Posh which is a sheer peachy nude. It feels a bit goopy when applied, very slimy, but the trick is to massage it in with your finger to get beautiful coverage. I use it over my MAC Azalea lipstick for my perfect summer lip shade. Beautiful peachy/pink color for my blonde hair, fair skin coloring. Don't forget to drag your finger through your lips to remove any buildup or it may get on your teeth! Love how it wears and it is definitely moisturizing. Looks great for hours. Highly recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2014 10:08:00 PM More reviews by jianing23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Really love the color of Barcelona night! beautiful raspberry shade!
It does take a bit to build tbh, i think part of the issue is the formula is so creamy that it doesnt really come off the applicator?
definitely think theres an issue with the applicator but the FORMLA, is amazing!
stains lightly on my lips beautifully and evenly
I find that the texture is almost balmy and super creamy and doesnt feel sticky at all. It's VERY comfortable on my lips
super hydrating! (i have really dry and sensitive lips) and lasts a decent amount of time.
The packaging although is definatly beautiful, chic and kinda classy :) very beautiful case, and not bulky.

in summary:
pro:
packaging nice,
highly pigmented
smooth feeling
hydrating
beautiful stain
not sticky
not heavy
no scent

cons:
to make a full opaque color you might need to spend just a bit of time to build
a bit pricy :S 10$
applicator doesnt help that it can be patchy unless built up a bit

I find the pinky light shade is patchy and no good but the darker shades are really good...

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2014 12:37:00 PM More reviews by livrod

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I saw the display at Walgreens and I was drawn in by the pretty packaging. These were 9.99 but buy one get one half off and I had a 2 dollars off coupon. I got India intrigue and New York scene.
These aren't absolutely terrible but they aren't that great. Your lips must be absolutely perfect for them to show up decently on your lips, otherwise they will apply streaky and cling on to any lip-flakes. Once I exfoliated my lips, they applied perfectly. Also it is best to apply along your bottom lip and then apply along your bottom lip. They don't last that long, I ate with it on and it wore off, but it did stain and the stain lasted a few hours after. The colors were opaque and showed up. I have darker pigmented lips and they showed up nicely.
I would not purchase them again. I actually wanted to return them but I lost my receipt and they are on sale so I would lose some money and they weren't that terrible but I would not repurchase them.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2014 2:52:00 PM More reviews by Niza9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure how I feel about this product. So far, I have only used it twice, and I don't really like it. I have the color "Miami Fever" which is a beautiful, bright, orange color. I love the color, and that is why I want to like the product itself. It is very different from anything I have ever tried. I was thinking it was going to feel like a gloss, but it does not. It feels super wet and slippery, which I am not a fan of. The application is a little strange as well, and I am speaking for this particular color, since it is the only one I own. I was expecting the color to be really opaque and rich. It isn't. :( I can get it to look better by layering it on, but then it feels even weirder when you have a ton of this product caked on your lips. I think the color is fine, just not what I was hoping for... It looks like a sheer gloss, not a stain. The smell it has while applying it is also a bit strange. I can't really describe it, but it is not a good smell. It does go away as it dries off a bit. I am going to keep using it and maybe I'll eventually like it! haha. Like I said, the color is really pretty.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2014 12:25:00 PM More reviews by judysmath

I used to like the L'Oreal glossy stains but found that if I wore them repeatedly for a few days, my lips would dry up and almost burn. I was excited to give the Maybelline glossy stains a try, I have Stockholm Chic and Barcelona Nights. Stockholm Chich is a reddish/brick color with a hint of orange and Barcelona Nights is a bright, vivid pink. When first applied, they feel "wet" and quite nice and hydrating. The pigmentation is vivid and the gloss is long wearing and if you don't eat or wipe your mouth, when the gloss wears off it does leave a stain. If you're eating and wiping your mouth, it doesn't leave much of a stain. With that said, I still really like these because they are creamy, hydrating, long wearing, and highly pigmented. I don't mind having to re-apply during the day. I also like the chic packaging.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No