Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stain

3.8

Water , Octyldodecanol , Polyglyceryl-2 Diisostearate , Butylene Glycol , Carthamus Tinctorius Oleosomes Safflower , Stearyl Alcohol , Alcohol Denat. , Ethylcellulose , Acrylates/Ethylhexylacrylate/Hema Copolymer , Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone , Hexyl Laurate , Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate , Glycerin , Acrylates/Dimethylaminoethyl Methacrylate/Ethylhexyl Acrylate Copolymer , Xanthan Gum , Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract , Butyrospermum ParkiiShea Butter , Panthenol , Tocopheryl Acetate , Fragrance , BHT , Tetrasodium EDTA , Ethylhexylglycerin , Benzyl Alcohol , 1 , 2-Hexanediol , Caprylyl Glycol , Benzyl Benzoate , Limonene , Linalool , Hexyl Cinnamal , May Contain (+/-): MicaCI 77019 , Titanium DioxideCI 77891 , Iron OxidesCI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 , Red 28 LakeCI 45410 , Red 33CI 17200 , Yellow 5 LakeCI 19140 , Red 33 LakeCI 17200 , Red 7 LakeCI 15850 , Red 40CI 16035 , Yellow 5CI 19140 , Yellow 6CI 15985 , Red 6 LakeCI 15850 , Blue 1CI 42090 , Blue 1 LakeCI 42090 , Yellow 6 LakeCI 15985

on 3/19/2015 9:47:00 PM

It's not that these are bad they're just not my style or really what I was expecting.

The worst I can say about them is the application can be a bit streaky and sometimes difficult because the applicator is a strange shape.

I got the shade Parisian Passion and I expected it to be much like the color it appears as in the tube but alas it's not. It's a pretty sheered out version of that color which is fine except for I'm more of a fan of pigmented formulas. This was the biggest disappointment for me personally.

It also has a very glossy appearance which is to be expected because it is after all a moisture stain. I prefer matte lip colors but that's honestly my own problem because nothing about this product implies it would be matte.

I wasn't really that impressed but if you like sheer glossy lip colors I would definitely check out this line.

on 3/18/2015 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

Was running way too late for even a sip of coffee but managed to grab a compact and mascara. Was patting myself on the back when I realized I forgot that I'd taken my go-to Chubby Stick out of my purse. Fortunately, the nearest Starbucks was in a Target store and my plan was to pick up a colored balm. All the neutral/berry shades were sold out in the twist up colored balms. When I found this stain in a plummy shade called Parisian Passion I hoped it wouldn't be a shiny, gloppy fail. Thank goodness it wasn't. I don't notice a smell and, so far, the applicator cleans itself off each time I withdraw it from the container. I outline my lower lip with the tip of the doe foot, fill in the lip and then press my lips together. I dot a bit more on my top lip and I'm done. The color is sheer is and there's a bit of shine though not as much as with a gloss (thank goodness). I don't notice that it leaves behind much of a stain as it wears off like my other stains do. It does live up to the moisture part of its name and is comfortable to wear.

on 3/4/2015 11:54:00 AM

I am wearing Parisian Passion in my profile photo. This is quite possibly one of the best drug-store products currently around.

The pigment is perfect and the formula allows you to play around with the consistency. It can be light or super vampy, which is always a good thing.

It provides decent moisture, but I always prep my lips with a lip balm in advance in any event. The applicator allows good coverage in the corners of the mouth. It may be necessary to dab it a bit before applying it directly onto your lips. You must definitely remove it at the end of the night because it will stick around until the morning, which is not ideal but it is a stain after all.

I will definitely purchase some of the other shades. It has a surprisingly pleasant smell. Revlon has upped their game! This product trumps YSL.

on 2/3/2015 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have this is in three shades--Barcelona Nights, New York Scene, and Cannes Crush. BN, a classic bright, somewhat warm-toned pink, was my first purchase this past summer. It is a little scary/neon-looking on the applicator, but when applied properly (more below) it stains to a gorgeous, more muted, yet quite enlivening, shade. NYS I purchased mostly because Lisa Eldridge used it in a recent video. ;) It performs exactly the same as BN. The product itself comes out a little bit more berry-toned than the tube color would suggest--however, I'd definitely still call it a red, and a stunning, easy-to-wear one at that. My most recent purchase (in freezing cold, snowy February!) was CC, a summery coral. This applies a little sheerer than the other two, but the color is absolutely gorgeous and the formula still stains--more orange than pink, which I really like.

I think this product gets mixed reviews because there is a little trick to application. If you're applying it full-on from the applicator, I don't think many people would get on well with it, as it goes on kind of thick, splotchy, and hard to control. However, as others have suggested, I find blotting it on lightly, spreading with my fingertips, rubbing my lips together to "set" the stain, and adding an optional second coat for greater opacity/pigmentation has been perfect for the two shades I have (which, granted, are on the more pigmented end of the spectrum--I don't know how the lighter/more neutral shades perform in this manner). This all seems a bit high maintenance, but it doesn't take long, and given that it truly does stain and has great staying power (plus, weirdly, a little bit of sheen stays on too, yet it doesn't transfer like lip gloss does?!?! MAGIC!), I think it's well worth the extra effort. It doesn't smell lovely when applying, but I don't find it offensive either, and for me the smell dissipates once it's fully applied to the lips.

The packaging is great--the rectangular, almost Art Deco-y container is really chic, and the angled applicator gives great control if you want to use it for lip lining. Side note: This is one of the most expensive Revlon lip product I've seen, BUT it's frequently on sale, with coupons too! I'll definitely be trying more shades.

on 1/29/2015 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a great product and I am surprised by the ratings

1) dot it onto bottom lip and blend with finger tip

2) It should create a sheer stain/wash

3) it works great for me also as a blush. I use what is left on my fingers and it looks great.

I really enjoy my New York Moment. It creates a naturalish look on the lip and feels good.

one problem is that the packaging gets messy when you put the applicator back into the tub, which is gross. I've tried to clean it and it still leaks out, almost overflowing from the tube.

I hate that.

But overall I love this and would definitely repurchase.

on 1/17/2015 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

This is an interesting product. I found myself not instantly impressed with this product (mostly for the application process) but with a little patience and time for it to settle, I really liked the result.
There are quite a few reviews complaining of the glue-like smell and texture. I do agree with this - the smell was 'gluey' and when initially applying, it streaked and skipped much like glue or paint over a waxy surface. That being said, I was determined to persevere because I loved the colour 'Milan Moment.' All I did was spend more time swiping the applicator and smoothing the product over my lips, then gently tapping my lips together until it looked even - then after letting it dry for a few minutes, the results were really lovely and long-lasting. The colour does dry slightly lighter and the smell also disappeared.
I liked the end result enough that I also purchased 'Miami Fever' (bright orange) and 'Cannes Crush' (pinky coral).
So although I wouldn't apply this without a mirror or while I was in a rush, I do like this product - it really looks lovely when it settles. I would just love to see it refined to iron out those application and glue-smell issues.Particularly since they are $23 here in Australia.

on 1/17/2015 10:38:00 AM

I bought this on a Buy 1 Take 1 promo so it was a good deal. I have it in New York Scene, a bright crimson and Parisian Passion, a dark purple berry shade. New York Scene yields a fantastic color that suits my NC30 skin. Parisian Passion is ok but tends to be patchy after a few minutes. This thing is pretty wet upon application and remains slick the entire time. It looks great for the first 30 minutes. Glossy vibrant lips without the sticky lip gloss feel. But once you start talking, eating and doing stuff humans do, it begins to move until you have a ring around your lips. Also this tends to transfer onto everything. But I am happy with New York Scene (so far, granted it's only day 1). As for the pinks, L'Oreal does them way better with its Shine Caresse Stain line.

on 1/16/2015 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

These were awful. My biggest issue with them is they all apply like glue on your lips leaving streaks behind. I tried working with it but there is no way to fix a gloss that's composed of an awful formula. Additionally, the shades are all so...ugly. There is no suitable color for a pale girl. The closest was London Posh, which pulled bright orange upon applying it to my lips. The rest of the collection is also neon toned. No thanks.

on 1/16/2015 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I have this is in New York Scene. The best thing about the formula is that one swipe looks like gloss. Two layers looks like there is lipstick underneath. It's not sticky, not heavy and it fades evenly after 4 hours to a pink stain. On me (I match nc 42 in Mac) this is a nice warm berry, not a harsh fuchsia, not a dated maroon. It's a nice pick for the office and with a second coat, for after hours.
It's not very longwearing though... despite being from the ColorStay range. It transfers on everything! And if you're the one doing the washing up, you'd best not leave marks on a coffee cup or wineglass - such a pain to clean. If you haven't got these, you're not missing much.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought the pretty red color called New Your Scene. Packaging pretty, price point fine, product is terrible. This "stain" felt like weird goop and looked patchy while I was putting it on!!! I could not believe how uneven it was. And I am shocked that this has the word "moisture" anywhere on it! This will leave your lips dry dry dry. It applies, feels and wears off terribly. No.

Recommended for Medium Skin